I got an Ipod for $220 (before tax)!!!

ihzer0

CAGiversary!
I ran into a 'friend' (or better said, an good aquantance) that I hadn't seen for a year or so, at Dave and Busters. Apparently, he worked at the Apple store in a mall, and until the 12/31/04, he had a discount for 25% off. It worked on the Ipod, so I got a 20GB with something engraved in the back, for $220+Tax. Not bad!

I'm confirguing it now to my laptop, and it's taking forever.

How much did everyone else get their Ipod for?

I am still saving up to buy my iPod, I have enough money to buy it now, but I need to save up a little more to make sure i'm not broke afterwards. I will prob end up buying just the 20 gig one, 40 gigs is nice but I don't think I will be listening to that much music.

I love my Zen. Much better price than an Ipod, too, and sound quality. I spent the money I saved on a $50 pair of headphones from Sony. I've got about 13GB used so far.

i like my sony netMD ;)

but an ipod would be nice to have also...just not totally necessary for me since i usually delete old songs from the player anyway...just keep em in my HD on my comp

$145 from a kid who was selling to upgrade to a mini. he had all the original packaging and accessories. it is a 2nd gen with a 20gig hd. nice deal for someone that has never been able to afford the cutting edge of technology (mini Ipod or photo Ipod).

I am going after Aireo, only 1.5 gig which is kinda low but pretty cheap and connects wirelessly and has FM tuner, just can't beat that.

I had first bought the Creative Zen Xtra.. freaking headphone jack died on me but i fixed it.. and got Ipod 40 gig for christmas with the touch / click wheel. Sadly i like the Creative a bit more.

The ipod is good since it is smaller, but overall unable to transfer music back and fourth is waaaay weak.

Anyways overall I use the ipod still but creative still sits as an external hard drive to hold my mp3's.

[quote name='marmilin']The ipod is good since it is smaller, but overall unable to transfer music back and fourth is waaaay weak.[/quote]

This should help:

iPodLounge

It lists how and what programs to use to transfer music off of your iPod. Problem solved. :cool:

[quote name='netranger']
This should help:

iPodLounge

It lists how and what programs to use to transfer music off of your iPod. Problem solved. :cool:[/quote]
^^ Thanks, and welcome. nice first post, I needed a program like that but never knew which ones were free and any good.

I PM'd you Mistik about the free ipod thing to explain it, since we're supposed to keep talk about that out of threads to avoid people spamming referral links. I think $220 seems to be a great price for an Ipod. I have friends who payed $300 and are still very happy with the purchase. I could probably put my whole music collection on one and still not come that close to filling it up.

[quote name='Tennisjon2002'][quote name='netranger']
This should help:

iPodLounge

It lists how and what programs to use to transfer music off of your iPod. Problem solved. :cool:[/quote]
^^ Thanks, and welcome. nice first post, I needed a program like that but never knew which ones were free and any good.[/quote]

try podutil...the free version will copy your ipod hd back to your computer...the only catch is the annoying "do you want to buy this product to avoid this annoying message"...you get it every so often while copying back. it's no big deal, but it does require you to sit at your pc and click past it. i used it to restore music to my pc...worked fine.

bread's done
Back