I got Black Ops off Craigslist!!

So... how is the game? (Can't believe it's Page 3 before anyone even wants to talk about whether the game is fun instead of who's getting banned)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']So... how is the game? (Can't believe it's Page 3 before anyone even wants to talk about whether the game is fun instead of who's getting banned)[/QUOTE]
Without spoilers:
I enjoyed it, they still try in pack in as many CRAZY action sequences as they can, but If you liked any of the recent ones you will enjoy the single player of this one too!! The story line is a little bit "out" there, but I REALLY enjoyed the way that they told the story...I remember reading a GI article where they were confused about how they would string everything together, but they did an excellent job with that. I found the game to be hard at a couple points, (I've beaten the past ones on Veteran and beat Halo Reach on Legendary by MYSELF so my skill shouldn't be in question) like I died multiple times (I played through on normal my first play through) what I think made it "hard" is that it seems that when you take so much damage it doesn't turn the screen as red as the past ones, you are actually given a "voice command" from your teammates such as "Your taking a ton of hits! FIND SOME COVER!" but by then I didn't notice and I got hit and died. And a later level, it almost seems as if you have to die at least once to get through it (without a spoiler you wouldn't really get why but I'll just say there is almost another measurement of health you have to stay alive) but overall it was great, I played a few zombie rounds, maps are big, ammo was scarce but I didn't survive past round 7 by myself so I never found any of the REALLY cool stuff, hopefully they put the multiplayer servers up soon so I can play that because we all know that's where the money is made!

Amazon shipped Toy Story 3 to me and it accidentally arrived on Monday instead of Release Date Tuesday.

Naturally, I had to watch it that night to enjoy the broken street date, and now my Blu-Ray player is banned for life and the case is missing. :(

wtf lol, so many people mad here, "u mad" , wishing he got banned from xbox live lol

cool pick up man, wish i could have got it early.

[quote name='theking20']wtf lol, so many people mad here, "u mad" , wishing he got banned from xbox live lol

cool pick up man, wish i could have got it early.[/QUOTE]
It's not so much that people are 'mad', but just that $10 off MSRP just to get the game( DISC ONLY:puke:) a week early doesn't seem like that good of a deal to most of us.

But if the OP is happy with receiving stolen property(which it probably is) and paying near retail for it, then that's all that matters, right?:roll:

I agree with defending him. Why the hell should people care what he does with his money. It's his money, let him do what he wants. Let him enjoy.

Anyway, nice job OP. Is the game better than MW2?

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']I agree with defending him. Why the hell should people care what he does with his money. It's his money, let him do what he wants. Let him enjoy.

Anyway, nice job OP. Is the game better than MW2?[/QUOTE]

Ok so the multiplayer servers are up since yesterday, I have played a good bit of it and man I love it, its frustrating, because I don't have my teammates and I'm used to modern warfares weapons, but I like the new perk system and the weapons, single player was really good, but man o man, the money is Nazi Zombies forreal, not really a spoiler but the third "map/mode" of zombies is AMAZING, I HAVE BEEN ADDICTED TO IT.....you will see what I am talking about but it is very similar to an "arcade stlye" of a game, but man is it ADDICTING!!

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']I agree with defending him. Why the hell should people care what he does with his money. It's his money, let him do what he wants. Let him enjoy.

Anyway, nice job OP. Is the game better than MW2?[/QUOTE]

I dont think that its so much people care what he does with his money.. I think (most) of the people here are just honest gamers looking for great deals. And when one of those people who dont except a "stolen" item as a great deal see's it..they react.. I mean afterall thats what this whole post is about...to get reactions. Just not all of them are in his favor. Personally I think purchasing know stolen goods is shoddy but each to their own.

[quote name='Assau1tedCracka']Ok so the multiplayer servers are up since yesterday, I have played a good bit of it and man I love it, its frustrating, because I don't have my teammates and I'm used to modern warfares weapons, but I like the new perk system and the weapons, single player was really good, but man o man, the money is Nazi Zombies forreal, not really a spoiler but the third "map/mode" of zombies is AMAZING, I HAVE BEEN ADDICTED TO IT.....you will see what I am talking about but it is very similar to an "arcade stlye" of a game, but man is it ADDICTING!![/QUOTE]

When you say third map of Nazi Zombies, do you mean there's actually more than one map available this time around without DLC? Or just the third round of one map?

By the way, very cool that you got it a week early. I'm jealous. :razz: Can't wait for my copy to get here Tuesday.

[quote name='tiddled06']I dont think that its so much people care what he does with his money.. I think (most) of the people here are just honest gamers looking for great deals. And when one of those people who dont except a "stolen" item as a great deal see's it..they react.. I mean afterall thats what this whole post is about...to get reactions. Just not all of them are in his favor. Personally I think purchasing know stolen goods is shoddy but each to their own.[/QUOTE]

To the argument using the word known would mean that this guy told me "Hey I stole this do you wanna buy this?" which he didnt, YES WE ALL NO MORE THAN LIKELY THAT IT WAS....but in this country you are proven innocent until proven guilty, i worked at gamestop for 3 years, and i don't know how many times someone came in with what appeared to be stolen goods, but thats just it WE CANT PROVE IT....so does that make Gamestop wrong for taking the goods? I think some people can't understand the fact that Call of Duty is HUGE, maybe not on CAG, because most COD people are multiplayer fans and don't necessarily appreciate other games or don't care about buying others because they play so much COD, but If it was COD, I wouldn't have bought it for 50 bucks without a case and manual, but COD isn't really collection worthy, which I might add I am a collector and have many old and rare items, so me buying COD off craigslist, a game that I just wanna play and like i said AM GETTING OFF AMAZON (hardened edition) the deal part wasn't the 10 dollars off, it was the week early, I was playing with someone who payed 85 in new york for it to play early, and Ebay auctions, one sold for 500 dollars with next day shipping, so obviously playing early is an added factor to others also (just my 2 cents)

[quote name='crr_1119']When you say third map of Nazi Zombies, do you mean there's actually more than one map available this time around without DLC? Or just the third round of one map?

By the way, very cool that you got it a week early. I'm jealous. :razz: Can't wait for my copy to get here Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

It comes loaded with two real Nazi Zombie maps, the first one is HUGE and the 2nd one has a really cool twist (info was leaked online about this one) now the "3rd" one, as it is technically under that maps, takes a very special way to unlock, and is more of another version of Nazi Zombies that an actual third map, but trust me, when the game comes out EVERYONE, especially reviewers will be mentioning what I am talking about, I really don't want to spoil stuff, because I appreciate story and surprises in games that add to the awesomeness but if you want more info on what it EXACTLY is send me a message and I'll tell!

Oh cool, that's awesome. I loved Nazi Zombies in World at War, so I'm happy to hear there's more than one map available without DLC in Black Ops. And so there's a new mode to Nazi Zombies? That's cool, can't wait to see what it is.

Oh and thanks for answering my question!

[quote name='crr_1119']Oh cool, that's awesome. I loved Nazi Zombies in World at War, so I'm happy to hear there's more than one map available without DLC in Black Ops. And so there's a new mode to Nazi Zombies? That's cool, can't wait to see what it is.

Oh and thanks for answering my question![/QUOTE]

And if you didn't know the 4 old maps are included in the Hardened and Prestige edition (hence why I am buying the Hardened edition) and no problem man, most people are dicks for no reason on this site....

[quote name='Assau1tedCracka']And if you didn't know the 4 old maps are included in the Hardened and Prestige edition (hence why I am buying the Hardened edition) and no problem man, most people are dicks for no reason on this site....[/QUOTE]

Yea I saw that, but I got a pretty good deal on the standard edition on Amazon that I most likely wouldn't be able to get applied to a new order. Hopefully they release them on Live in the marketplace not too longer after.

And yea I saw quite a lot of hate posts in here, but bah as long as you're having fun and enjoying what you paid for then that's all that matters. Also who knows if it's even a stolen copy. There's lots of ways he could've acquired the copy he sold you. For all we know it could've been a review copy since most of the time publishers send out a review copy of a game before release date it's disc only.

[quote name='integralsmatic']This! Is all the hate that he is getting because he got Black Ops and everyone posting in this thread i assume hates COD and now are just picking him apart. He got his disc off craigs list. WHO THE fuck CARES if its stolen or not. That should be his concern not any of yours.

[/QUOTE]

Then he shouldn't have voluntarily given info that he got a ghetto-ass disc-only copy seven day before the real thing. Something like that is going to get negative responses.

As for the stolen thing, it doesn't matter because if true karma will even it out and someone will probably take his stuff one day.

Even if it isn't stolen, it doesn't make any sense economically to buy a disc-only copy of a new game for almost the full retail price.

It appears that you wasted your time making this thread. Nobody cares that you overpaid to get a game a week early.

[quote name='Phelmo']It appears that you wasted your time making this thread. Nobody cares that you overpaid to get a game a week early.[/QUOTE]
it appears that many people do care, the definition of care would be to have some kind of feelings towards a situation, whether negative or positive, again its funny someone's talking about karma going to get me, lol, this has been blown out of proportion because most of you all obviously haven't had a new release game you all paid 60 bucks for, 10 dollars off is cheaper people!! I ordered the hardened edition and I am going to sell this, MONEY IS NOT AN ISSUE ON THIS PEOPLE, so your argument for me getting "ripped" off is crazy, it's ten dollars cheaper AND NOT OUT YET, I know there are others who see where I am coming from, and obviously people "care" because this thread got responses, positive and negative...

[quote name='tiameg']What I want to know is...is at as good as the hype? lol[/QUOTE]

again i wrote a response a page 3, and on this page, go check it out, honestly, It is a complete package, with all the content, multiplayer, unlocking weapons and accessories, Nazi Zombies= GREATNESS, and the new "mode" that I've hinted at is super addicting, and can't wait for them to activate the leaderbords (stats aren't tracking right now but leveling and money is) I know me and a few of my friends will be addicted to beating each others score in that mode like the oldschool arcade pacman days.

[quote name='Assau1tedCracka']And if you didn't know the 4 old maps are included in the Hardened and Prestige edition (hence why I am buying the Hardened edition) and no problem man, most people are dicks for no reason on this site....[/QUOTE]

I hate that limited edition map stuff... Why split up the MP community like that?

Anyhow, I have no real plans to pick this game up... Wasn't a big fan of W@W, or MW2 for that matter, but what do you think of the game so far...?

Granted, in its limited capacity with no online MP.

Oh, and obviously no spoilers please... ;)

I, for one, would love to have gotten a deal like this. I seen a listing on ebay for legit copies that someone had and were selling them for like $200 lol. But I am going to just leasurely walk into my walmart after my 12 hour shift on Tuesday and buy a copy and then fly home to play it lol. My town is like 2000 people and about 1700 are over the age of 50 lol jk. But there aren't that many gamers in town as we still have like 2 copies of the LE Halo Reach lol. Back on topic, good find and hope the game lives up to what I'm expecting lol.

bread's done
Back