I GOT INTO MEDICAL SCHOOL!!!!

Xtreme331

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just thought I would share with everyone the newest chapter of my life. A short while ago I graduated college. Now I will be moving on to bigger and more challenging things. Today I heard from the University of Florida College of Medicine, and they invited me to attend their medical school this coming fall. YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :bouncy: :D :bouncy: :D :bouncy: :D :bouncy: :D

So you are now talking to the future Dr. Xtreme331!!! :cool:

Yah!!! I am so pumped. Medical School has been a lifelong dream for me and UF was my #1 choice. So right now I am really really excited!

For those of you who don't know. The admissions process for Medical School (any medical school nation-wide) is EXTREMELY competitive. If I remember correctly, something like 2000+ students applied to UF's Medical School, about 350 were interviewed and ultimately, 120 will start medical school in August (myself included). Most other schools have numbers similar to this. I think the admissions rate is somewhere around 2-3% of total applicants are accepted nationally. Makes me feel REALLY good about myself.

Sorry to brag, but dammit! I earned it!

Thanks all. Yeah i guess my free time for video games is about to drop through the floor.... Oh well. I'll just have to sit inside all summer and play as much as I can!

Congratulations. Just so you know, it only gets worse.... just kidding. As long as you're in it for the right reasons, you're going to do great. Any ideas what field you're going into?

grats man..always good to have another CAG at UF. I'm current comp engineering undergrad at UF and cant say 1 bad thing about the school. Good luck and GOOOOO GATORS!

congrats....good luck

i thought of going that road..but it just wasn't for me...now i have one more year after this one and then i have to find a masters program in industrial psychology

hey i got a lot of questions if you have the time if i could chat with you on AIM. Im premed and have some questions if youd give me the time of day

[quote name='Scorch']Congratulations.. prepare to work your ass off.[/quote]

He's right. You're just scratching the surface of true hard work. x_X

[quote name='tholly']congrats....good luck

i thought of going that road..but it just wasn't for me...now i have one more year after this one and then i have to find a masters program in industrial psychology[/quote]

Hey just curious, what are you planning on going into with that degree? I have a Masters in HR & Industrial Relations but I applied to some IO Psych. programs as well.

On topic, very good job! Congrats!! Just goes to show you that gaming is stimulating to ones brain!!! :cool: You'll do great and remember to save at least a little time for gaming to keep you sane. Try not to develop (or think you are developing) all the ailments that you learn about in school! :D Good luck!!

congratulations!
since you wouldn't have anymore time for video games due to school, i wouldn't mine if you "throw away" your gaming accessories to me :wink:

If I remember correctly, something like 2000+ students applied to UF's Medical School, about 350 were interviewed and ultimately, 120 will start medical school ...

...somewhere around 2-3% of total applicants are accepted nationally...

120 / 2100 = 5.7 %

Am I missing something? Self-esteem is great kid, but you're taking it a tad too far.

[quote name='Icen']If I remember correctly, something like 2000+ students applied to UF's Medical School, about 350 were interviewed and ultimately, 120 will start medical school ...

120 / 2100 = 5.7 %

Am I missing something? Self-esteem is great kid, but you're taking it a tad too far.[/quote]

Nice attempt at looking cool, but you are the one that is wrong. That percent is the national rate. The numbers he posted were for his particular school.

Good try though.

I was premed for awhile during college but I hated Chemistry so I changed my emphasis. I am happy you got rewarded by paying your dues during college and wish you the best.

Since you have dreamed about it for so long---to become a doctor---I am sure you will survive and might even love those long residence hours.

Congrats!!!

Thanks for all the support everyone! I really do appreciate it.

[quote name='tholly']
congrats....good luck

i thought of going that road..but it just wasn't for me...now i have one more year after this one and then i have to find a masters program in industrial psychology [/quote]
yeah i actually got my degree in psychology, but my emphasis was on forensic (clinical) psychology. Decided to go the MD route with it though... we'll see where it leads me.

[quote name='Akkis99']
hey i got a lot of questions if you have the time if i could chat with you on AIM. Im premed and have some questions if youd give me the time of day [/quote]
Akkis: Yeah i'd be happy to answer any questions you may have. PM me and we'll start from there.

[quote name='Icen']
If I remember correctly, something like 2000+ students applied to UF's Medical School, about 350 were interviewed and ultimately, 120 will start medical school ...

120 / 2100 = 5.7 %

Am I missing something? Self-esteem is great kid, but you're taking it a tad too far.[/quote]
Hey Icen, you're an asshat. Talk to me once you've done something with your life.

Thanks for supporting me on that one Rig.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Oh boy. A CheapAss Medical Student. Using plastic knives instead of scalpels?

Congrats![/quote]
MorbidAngel: Once a CheapAssGamer, always a CheapAssGamer... and i'll have to look into those plastic scalpels.... sounds like money-saving goodness! :D

[quote name='cheapass Gundam']:applause:

So do CAGs get 10% off the medical bill when you start practicing? ;)[/quote]

Sure..... or something very similar. I'm sure we can work something out. Gotta give back to the community that helped me save so much money!

Congratulations on your accomplishment. It's a pretty long road, but you'll make it through.

And believe it or not, you'll still have time for games once you start. My friends and I played a lot of Dreamcast in those days (and toward the end, a lot of Halo), and we still managed to scrape by.

Even residency leaves you more time than you'd think to do the things you enjoy, primarily because you've been trained for efficiency by that point.

I think you're through the hardest part, actually. Getting into medical school is more difficult than getting through medical school. And getting into residency isn't that tough at all.

It may not seem like it, but you're over the hump. So best of luck in your future. And again, congratulations.

[quote name='Xtreme331'][quote name='cheapass Gundam']:applause:

So do CAGs get 10% off the medical bill when you start practicing? ;)[/quote]

Sure..... or something very similar. I'm sure we can work something out. Gotta give back to the community that helped me save so much money![/quote]

:notworth:

[quote name='Meursault']Congratulations on your accomplishment. It's a pretty long road, but you'll make it through.

And believe it or not, you'll still have time for games once you start. My friends and I played a lot of Dreamcast in those days (and toward the end, a lot of Halo), and we still managed to scrape by.

Even residency leaves you more time than you'd think to do the things you enjoy, primarily because you've been trained for efficiency by that point.

I think you're through the hardest part, actually. Getting into medical school is more difficult than getting through medical school. And getting into residency isn't that tough at all.

It may not seem like it, but you're over the hump. So best of luck in your future. And again, congratulations.[/quote]

Sweet! Thanks Meursalt! That's really nice to know.

bread's done
Back