I GOT my wii today

Out of the overall launch line-up, I recommend Zelda, Madden, and Trauma Center. A bunch of other games are worth owning (Red Steel, Rayman, Excite Truck) but maybe not worth $50 depending on your tastes.

[quote name='botticus']Out of the overall launch line-up, I recommend Zelda, Madden, and Trauma Center. A bunch of other games are worth owning (Red Steel, Rayman, Excite Truck) but maybe not worth $50 depending on your tastes.[/QUOTE]

QFT

I'm hoping to get one today! I already have the classic controller, points card, and extra wiimote.

[quote name='lordwow']Umm...[/quote]I'm assuming he means because everyone will have it. If 75% of the Wii-owning population has the game, many more people will be looking to trade it than buy it. ;)

I've actually been having a lot of fun with Excite Truck after feeling some initial disappointment. I loaded up some punk-a rock-a on the custom soundtrack and have been really getting into the races. What a blast to play!

[quote name='Scobie']I've actually been having a lot of fun with Excite Truck after feeling some initial disappointment. I loaded up some punk-a rock-a on the custom soundtrack and have been really getting into the races. What a blast to play![/QUOTE]

I'm feeling the same way. I played a demo wii for about 20-30 minutes, and didn't think much of the game. Once I realized you are racing for stars, not just for position, I started having much more fun. Now, I intend to play for 15 min, and that turns into an hour.

I got Zelda, Trauma Center, and Tony Hawk.
The first two I would reccomend. As for Tony Hawk unless you are a big fan of that shit, like me, I wouldnt really say get it. I hated it at first, but it gets better once you get used to it. I probably play Wii sports bowling more than anything. Especially the training where you can hit like 100 pins. Knocking shit over is always fun.

[quote name='rumblebear']Is Rayman really that dissappointing?[/QUOTE]

No. It could've been better, but so could just about every game in the history of gaming. The presentation is very good and the mini-games can be hilariously fun. It really shows off what the Wii-mote and nunchuk can do. I like it a lot. Definitely worth it when the price drops to $30, and should be a strong consideration if you need something to play now. Ubi done good.

dudes! Of course i got zelda, I got it before i got the wii! Thanks for the suggestions, i went ahead and got rayman (gf dug the previews) and a few gamecube games. I'm having fun so far.

[quote name='pchangover']where are you getting your wii if I may ask?[/quote]

I picked it up on ebay, I got lucky after sitting around for about a day looking at auctions, I didn't pay that much over what it was retail, $350 including s/h.

by the way, wii boxing is great

[quote name='Metal Boss']dudes! Of course i got zelda, I got it before i got the wii! Thanks for the suggestions, i went ahead and got rayman (gf dug the previews) and a few gamecube games. I'm having fun so far.

I picked it up on ebay, I got lucky after sitting around for about a day looking at auctions, I didn't pay that much over what it was retail, $350 including s/h.

by the way, wii boxing is great[/QUOTE]

Really? Caz that's $100 over retail..which could've gotten you two games. If you waited til Sunday you could've just waited outside a store for a couple hours since just about every major retailer is doing a re-relaunch on the 3rd. Hell, you might've been able to get it for $210 with the CC $40 off coupon.

[quote name='slidecage']this summer zelda be worth what 2 bucks trade in credit LOL[/quote]

Why would you ever want to trade in a Zelda game?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Really? Caz that's $100 over retail..which could've gotten you two games. If you waited til Sunday you could've just waited outside a store for a couple hours since just about every major retailer is doing a re-relaunch on the 3rd. Hell, you might've been able to get it for $210 with the CC $40 off coupon.[/quote]

yeah, i've waited a few places after they told me they would have stock on a certain day only to be let down. I probably shouldn't have given into the ebay scalpers but i'm pretty satisfied. I don't feel half as bad either after seeing some people paying 400+ for them. I also wanted to get it before xmas, as it was also my girlfriends birthday today.

How do you guys enjoy Wii Boxing?! It seems to be the worst of the Wii Sports, mainly because my damn Mii won't throw a punch where I want him to. Is there some sort of tip to get that gaming going well?

I especially hate when you have to hit the mats that the trainer is holding. I end up hitting him way too many times.

$350 isn't too bad including shipping for eBay. Depending on sales tax and such, you could be only spending $80ish more than you would in a B&M.I paid $15ish in tax on my Wii. Worth every penny. Congrats on getting a great console.

[quote name='Rig']How do you guys enjoy Wii Boxing?! It seems to be the worst of the Wii Sports, mainly because my damn Mii won't throw a punch where I want him to. Is there some sort of tip to get that gaming going well?

I especially hate when you have to hit the mats that the trainer is holding. I end up hitting him way too many times.[/quote]

It's not my favorite but I'm not having any problems hitting them where I want to, it doesn't pick up my punches when I go hyperactive on it though:lol:

[quote name='Rig']How do you guys enjoy Wii Boxing?! It seems to be the worst of the Wii Sports, mainly because my damn Mii won't throw a punch where I want him to. Is there some sort of tip to get that gaming going well?

I especially hate when you have to hit the mats that the trainer is holding. I end up hitting him way too many times.[/quote]

I was looking foward to this the most (in wii sports) but your right, it sucks. its so hard to do a sidways punch or punch the head. even if you miss the first time and your re adjust its alwayse off. It doesent feel that good. I hope they come out with a really good boxing game later on. mii's look like crap if you ask me. They should have done cell shaded toons insted.

I especially hate when you have to hit the mats that the trainer is holding. I end up hitting him way too many times.[/QUOTE]

Wii Boxing training is pretty frustrating, and there are some let-downs when you're actually in the ring, too. Wild flurries don't work at all, but you can work some very wicked combos if you get the timing right.

I've also found dodging to be pretty hit and miss and absolutely *hate* the more advanced computer players who just rock a severe lean and throw punches from that stance. It feels cheap and forces you to adopt a mirrored stance to have any hope of getting a punch in.

I'd imagine it would be pretty awesome with a human opponent, but then I wouldn't know since *I still can't find extra nunchuk controllers around here*.

[quote name='White-Wolf']I was looking foward to this the most (in wii sports) but your right, it sucks. its so hard to do a sidways punch or punch the head. even if you miss the first time and your re adjust its alwayse off. It doesent feel that good. I hope they come out with a really good boxing game later on. mii's look like crap if you ask me. They should have done cell shaded toons insted.[/quote]

Yeah, I was definitely looking forward to it as well. I pray they come up with a nice Punch-Out that is nowhere near as bad as Wii Boxing.

my biggest complaint with the Boxing is that I grew up taking martial arts, so I'm used to kickboxing-type training and throwing punches. It kills me because I KNOW how to throw a good hook, and I can't get my character to emulate it.

That and I punch too fast. I've whooped everyone I play in it though.

I especially hate when you have to hit the mats that the trainer is holding. I end up hitting him way too many times.[/QUOTE]
Position your guy by using the dodge then punch up or down depending on how high you want to hit to guy. Also, you can constantly dodge and then throw punches when it goes into slow-mo for MASSIVE damage.

Another thing you can do is keep one remote thing low and the other high and throw uppercuts with the low hand while jabbing him in the face/blocking with the other.

bread's done
Back