I have evidence that VGchartz is fake!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNKMat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
So while I was browsing it, out of curiosity I looked up the NBA 2K8 sales. On this page, http://www.vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=NBA+2K8 , a claim that a PSP edition of this exists is made, and it even includes sales of the "PSP edition". I had not heard of this "PSP edition" so I went to gamerankings.com to check out its reviews, no dice, then to amazon.com to see if it was being sold, and again no dice. So any idiot who uses this site as a credible source for sales, this website basically made up the sales for a game that doesn't exist.

[quote name='help1']You're right in that the game doesn't exist, but why are you telling us this on the 360 board...[/quote]

wups wrong board, sorry. How do I move a thread?

Could it just have been a typo and the stats were for the PS3 version or something?

You can't move the thread. You can delete it and repost it in the general gaming forum or you could report your post and ask a mod to move it there.

[quote name='help1']You're right in that the game doesn't exist, but why are you telling us this on the 360 board...[/quote]Probably a 360 fan that is upset that the Wii has constantly outsold the 360 and now the PS3 is catching up too.

The site makes estimates based upon what evidence of sales is available. No one ever said it is hard-core truth down to the last number. And you honestly think there is a single individual alive today who hasn't made a mistake? Much less a group of individuals who run an entire website who have never made a mistake? Instead of whining about it and making crazy, baseless accusations, maybe e-mail the admins of the site and have them look into it and see where the mistake comes from? Just a suggestion...

[quote name='MorPhiend']Probably a 360 fan that is upset that the Wii has constantly outsold the 360 and now the PS3 is catching up too.

The site makes estimates based upon what evidence of sales is available. No one ever said it is hard-core truth down to the last number. And you honestly think there is a single individual alive today who hasn't made a mistake? Much less a group of individuals who run an entire website who have never made a mistake? Instead of whining about it and making crazy, baseless accusations, maybe e-mail the admins of the site and have them look into it and see where the mistake comes from? Just a suggestion...[/quote]

The game doesn't exist idiot. You're defending a site that is obviously inaccurate, but then again you're probably bitter because you bought a gamecube 1.5

[quote name='SNKMat']The game doesn't exist idiot. You're defending a site that is obviously inaccurate, but then again you're probably bitter because you bought a gamecube 1.5[/quote]

Wow. It took 5 posts.

[quote name='SNKMat']The game doesn't exist idiot. You're defending a site that is obviously inaccurate, but then again you're probably bitter because you bought a gamecube 1.5[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's exactly why he's bitter.

It couldn't possibly be the fact that some corny-ass-Paul-Revere-wannabe-tool came a-hustlin' to the boards with fake news, only to lash out at anybody bored enough to point out their bullshit. No, could not possibly be that.

[quote name='MorPhiend']And you honestly think there is a single individual alive today who hasn't made a mistake?[/quote]

Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back