I Have to Laugh: Growlanser Generations Deluxe $15

Status
Not open for further replies.

PittsburghAfterDark

CAGiversary!
Yes, it's true.

I was in a Gamestop Monday and some clueless woman was sent in by her kid to trade in Growlanser Generations. The trade in value was $15. That's right... $15.

The Gamestop employee then told her 20% less for cash. I offered her $15 in cash and she gladly took it. Perfect box, contents, instructions, CD's look like they were never played.

The employee was uber pissed at me, no doubt because he wanted the game for himself. He threatened to ban me from the store, which is fine because I was in New Jersey and I told him I was from Pittsburgh anyways. At that point he threw me out. Funny considering I have their discount card and just used it to buy 3 PSone games.

NICE score. Reminds me of when I saw a kid dump NFSU2, MGS3, GTA: SA and Killzone and take $20 in cash and buy The Getaway: Black Monday with the money. But seriously, that was an AWESOME score, it'll probably never hit that low.

[quote name='Scorch']NICE score. Reminds me of when I saw a kid dump NFSU2, MGS3, GTA: SA and Killzone and take $20 in cash and buy The Getaway: Black Monday with the money. But seriously, that was an AWESOME score, it'll probably never hit that low.[/QUOTE]

wow... only $20 cash for all those games... teh suck

[quote name='bdw418']I still think you should've kicked over the rack o' strategy guides.[/QUOTE]

Haha agreed.

Btw very nice score OP. Sell it to me $20 shipped. :D

[quote name='balzak520']Haha agreed.

Btw very nice score OP. Sell it to me $20 shipped. :D[/QUOTE]

Uh.... no.

Can't blame a guy for trying though :rofl:.

How did you get the little Kaboom logo underneath your info???

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Uh.... no.

Can't blame a guy for trying though :rofl:.

How did you get the little Kaboom logo underneath your info???[/QUOTE]

He's the kaboom champion!

Nice job, by the way on GGD. :applause:

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Yes, it's true.

I was in a Gamestop Monday and some clueless woman was sent in by her kid to trade in Growlanser Generations. The trade in value was $15. That's right... $15.

The Gamestop employee then told her 20% less for cash. I offered her $15 in cash and she gladly took it. Perfect box, contents, instructions, CD's look like they were never played.

The employee was uber pissed at me, no doubt because he wanted the game for himself. He threatened to ban me from the store, which is fine because I was in New Jersey and I told him I was from Pittsburgh anyways. At that point he threw me out. Funny considering I have their discount card and just used it to buy 3 PSone games.[/QUOTE]

thats the normal version isnt it the Delexe comes with a watch and other good stuff

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Yes, it's true.

The employee was uber pissed at me, no doubt because he wanted the game for himself. He threatened to ban me from the store, which is fine because I was in New Jersey and I told him I was from Pittsburgh anyways. At that point he threw me out. Funny considering I have their discount card and just used it to buy 3 PSone games.[/QUOTE]

haha dude that is so awesome. The game will never drop that low. Heck If an oppurtunity like that presented itself for me I would gladly get banned from my local gamestop and buy the game for 15. Just go to EB from hence forward.

*seconds the awesomeness*

So long as Gamestop is willing to be a bastion of hoarders masquerading as employees, the invisible hand will beat them down when the opportunity prevents itself. Awesome score. And you should have definitely knocked over the guides. :)

Good deal, but the fact that the employee tried to kick you out annoys me. Is there a law against one-upping a game store in their place of business? I imagine if you hung out there and did it often...it would be. I would've refused to leave.

your lucky the dude didnt call the cops on your you took money from that store cause who was to say the lady wouldnt gave them the game for 12 bucks or whatever it was. You took a sale away from the store. That is like standing outside a k mart selling Garden hoses saying i got these for a buck who wants them. they do have the right to ban you and they probally even have the right to toss your ass in jail. i think you got off lucky just being banned from the store.

[quote name='lollercauster']Good deal, but the fact that the employee tried to kick you out annoys me. Is there a law against one-upping a game store in their place of business? I imagine if you hung out there and did it often...it would be. I would've refused to leave.[/QUOTE]

I've kicked many people out of the store I work at for sideline deals. If the person had refused to leave, I would have simply called security on them. It's what the employee is supposed to do...stop blaming them for doing their job.

But nice pick up. I almost got fired because I did a sideline deal with a customer at another EB after the customer left the store (I wasn't dumb enough to do it inside the store since everyone there knew I worked for EB). Unfortunately, when I was offering the guy a good deal, the manager was walking back into the store from his break...wow, I had to beg him not to rat me out, hehe.

[quote name='slidecage']your lucky the dude didnt call the cops on your you took money from that store cause who was to say the lady wouldnt gave them the game for 12 bucks or whatever it was. You took a sale away from the store. That is like standing outside a k mart selling Garden hoses saying i got these for a buck who wants them. they do have the right to ban you and they probally even have the right to toss your ass in jail. i think you got off lucky just being banned from the store.[/QUOTE]

Ban-Yes
Jail-that's just laughable, no way in hell

[quote name='slidecage']thats the normal version isnt it the Delexe comes with a watch and other good stuff[/QUOTE]

That's the one I got.

* Game-themed deluxe watch and case.
* Game-based ring, chain and storage pouch.
* Deck of playing cards with customized artwork and case.
* Full soundtrack with 25 specically arranged themes.

Nothing had been taken out of the box, just the game discs. The game case was unsealed, the rest of it was intact.

Yep, Ive banned several from my store for doing the sideline deal. You took away a sale from a store...why wouldn't they?

I'm not blaming them. It's just funny that I had purchased 3 games from them and they still threw me out.

There's no question the guy was going to get it for himself or someone in the store. If I was buying a copy of MLB 2K5, Halo 2 or Splinter Cell: CT from a trader they wouldn't have given a shit. It was the title in question, not the practice.

I've bought games like TJ&E III or HOTD III and the employees didn't give a flip. They were hoarding, pure and simple.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Ban-Yes
Jail-that's just laughable, no way in hell[/QUOTE]

try it if you dont belive it. i know for a fact here locally a used game shop years ago had called the police many times for people buying games or trading with other people in the store. They have the right to do this cause you are taking business away from the store. They have the right to call the cops and the cops have the right to take you to jail. I seen at least 1 person be tossed in the back of a cop call cause the game store called them and the cop told everyone else in the store that if they catch anyone else doing it they same thing will happen to them. That is just another reason why so few people visit that gamestore anymore

[quote name='lollercauster']Good deal, but the fact that the employee tried to kick you out annoys me. Is there a law against one-upping a game store in their place of business? I imagine if you hung out there and did it often...it would be. I would've refused to leave.[/QUOTE]
It's call solicitation which is a no no in any retail outlet. The employee had every right to boot him out.

Now if he caught them BEFORE they entered the store to trade, then I might have objections (as long as you're not Captain Obvious about it ;) )

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I'm not blaming them. It's just funny that I had purchased 3 games from them and they still threw me out.

There's no question the guy was going to get it for himself or someone in the store. If I was buying a copy of MLB 2K5, Halo 2 or Splinter Cell: CT from a trader they wouldn't have given a shit. It was the title in question, not the practice.

I've bought games like TJ&E III or HOTD III and the employees didn't give a flip. They were hoarding, pure and simple.[/QUOTE]

Hoarding? Because an employee may have wanted to purchase it for the actal price of $40 and make the store money? Yeah, what an ass! :roll:

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']
.[/QUOTE]

Kind of a broad assumption... maybe he could care less for Growlanser, and dosen't even own a ps2, and really did kick you out for the practice?

Great deal!

I work in a college bookstore and I never threw anyone out for sideline deals. I guess it is a little bit different but still. The value for the Deluxe version should be higher than that anyway IMO. That thing still sells for $69.99 to $79.99 new everywhere I have seen.

eh, screw the store, I'd do the same thing. It might not be legal but neither is charging $50 for Barbie's Horse Adventures 5

[quote name='vienge']eh, screw the store, I'd do the same thing. It might not be legal but neither is charging $50 for Barbie's Horse Adventures 5[/QUOTE]

I love the justification. ;-) It's cool though, all of you useless punks will some day grow up to be responsible adults. You'll all realize that life is never fair, especially when it comes to prices on entertainment. Screw the store because they charge retail prices for games! Let's do illegal things!

[quote name='vienge']eh, screw the store, I'd do the same thing. It might not be legal but neither is charging $50 for Barbie's Horse Adventures 5[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, there are only 3 Barbie Horse Adventures, so your argument has little validity.

[quote name='shipwreck']As far as I know, there are only 3 Barbie Horse Adventures, so your argument has little validity.[/QUOTE]

A. It was a joke at the fact that there is actually more than one Barbie Horse Adventure
B. The fact that you know how many there are is creepy.
C. Lighten up.

[quote name='slidecage']try it if you dont belive it. i know for a fact here locally a used game shop years ago had called the police many times for people buying games or trading with other people in the store. They have the right to do this cause you are taking business away from the store. They have the right to call the cops and the cops have the right to take you to jail. I seen at least 1 person be tossed in the back of a cop call cause the game store called them and the cop told everyone else in the store that if they catch anyone else doing it they same thing will happen to them. That is just another reason why so few people visit that gamestore anymore[/QUOTE]

Was the store McVans?

[quote name='vienge']A. It was a joke at the fact that there is actually more than one Barbie Horse Adventure
B. The fact that you know how many there are is creepy.
C. Lighten up.[/QUOTE]

I will not lighten up. Barbie games are excellent. Wild Horse Rescue is probably one of the best GTA inspired games for 4-8 year old girls out there. In fact, I will go as far as to say it is the best GTA inspired game for girls 4-8.

[quote name='slidecage']try it if you dont belive it. i know for a fact here locally a used game shop years ago had called the police many times for people buying games or trading with other people in the store. They have the right to do this cause you are taking business away from the store. They have the right to call the cops and the cops have the right to take you to jail. I seen at least 1 person be tossed in the back of a cop call cause the game store called them and the cop told everyone else in the store that if they catch anyone else doing it they same thing will happen to them. That is just another reason why so few people visit that gamestore anymore[/QUOTE]

Unless there's some local law prohibiting this, there's absolutely no legal basis. The only thing that would be possible is to claim trespassing if you ask them to leave and they don't.

The sideline stuff, I do believe, is techincally illegal- something about business liscenses (at least it's that way at a store... I know I've seen police on TV nail a guy for selling his dog's puppies out of a truck in a Safeway parking lot.) Why the store would frown on it is pretty obvious.

Of course, when you're out-of-state and not going back to the store ever again anyway... why the hell not! Good find! :D

The employee has the right to kick you out of the store. But, what I would have done was ask the person with Growlancer to come outside onto the sidewalk so that you could trade/buy it from them. They can't do anything about that now, can they? The employee would have probably done the same thing, I mean, who wouldn't have? I think he was mad and jelous because you were getting the game he wanted.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']The sideline stuff, I do believe, is techincally illegal- something about business liscenses (at least it's that way at a store... I know I've seen police on TV nail a guy for selling his dog's puppies out of a truck in a Safeway parking lot.) Why the store would frown on it is pretty obvious.

Of course, when you're out-of-state and not going back to the store ever again anyway... why the hell not! Good find! :D[/QUOTE]

There may be licenses required for selling certain items (I'd bet animals is definetly one of those things). However, if you always needed a license to sell used items then why would there be garage sales. I mean all the police would have to do is go around every thursday and arrest people having garage sales if that was the case.

Besides if it was illegal to sell used items and the store was complying with this, then why wouldn't the store make a big deal about the person making the sale? The reason the store would have a problem with it is because by undercutting their tradein prices your effectively taking potential profit out of their pocket.

lol, jail.

You're fucking retarded.

And a really shitty liar.

I did something like this when I was little. The guy said if I'm to sell my game, we have to do it outside or he'll have to kick us out (in a nice tone).

regardless the guy got a great deal I paid $80 for mine then saw it for $50 3 weeks later on EB, I think the real retard is the lady's son, he should be banned...perhaps he was expecting more and mom didnt confirm lol, either way your not taking it out of the employee's paycheck your jus jilting the store out of a lil profit, they rape people on ton's of other crap, I say the guy just wanted it and got pissed on the interception, now if you were standing around in the store doing this on a regularly basis I'd say ban him

[quote name='Ecofreak']Nice find, OP. Now watch a bunch of Newbies start hanging around GS and EB in hopes of catching such luck.[/QUOTE]

I'm already planning on setting up a folding table in the middle of the store with some games so that people have a good selection to choose from should that choose to take Shipwreck in-store credit.

[quote name='shipwreck']I'm already planning on setting up a folding table in the middle of the store with some games so that people have a good selection to choose from should that choose to take Shipwreck in-store credit.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Congrats OP! I would've totally done the same thing.

Sucks about the guy banning you. It has nothing to do with the law, maturity or responsibility-- some people are just total assholes. at a place like gamestop, there's no reason to get all pissed about one game. but I guess the more capital-minded folk would disagree.

[quote name='shipwreck']I'm already planning on setting up a folding table in the middle of the store with some games so that people have a good selection to choose from should that choose to take Shipwreck in-store credit.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should set up that table with a good selection of penny guides and just run a trading center.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Maybe you should set up that table with a good selection of penny guides and just run a trading center.[/QUOTE]

After all these suggestions, what was once a joke is becoming increasingly more plausible. Now all we need to do is wait for more Toys R Us Green Tag sales, and we're good to go.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']lol, jail.

You're fucking retarded.

And a really shitty liar.[/QUOTE]
You are now one of my top ten favorite posters. Down with the lying tard slidecage. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back