I just bought a DS Lite from Target! Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='nirv']Yeah, meanwhile these assholes sell them on eBay and thousands of people already have them. Yeah, great job Nintendo you panda fuckers.[/quote]

This is what Nintendo wants. I'm not saying its a conspiracy, but Nintendo is king of getting free publicity over mediocre products. The DS Lite is just a prettier DS Fat so it wouldve been released quietly and the main buyers wouldve been hardcore fans who've been waiting months for this.

But now with all this buzz then people who have no interest in the DS Lite are hunting for them because it feels like they're valuable. It just stinks that pretty much every store has them in stock but a silly street date is going to force us to wait.

Well, I've tried just about everyone. A friend of mine and I have called and checked many places around here.

Target-no
2 Walmarts-no
2 GRs-no
2 GSs-no
EB-no
Sears-no
Compusa-no
CC-no
BestBuy-no

So, again, if anyone has had any luck in either INDEPENDENCE, BLUE SPRINGS, or LEE'S SUMMIT MISSOURI, please share.

I'll be checking a local walmart at midnight tonight after work.

Woodstock, GA Target had maybe six OLD DSs, a few SPs, and a few Micros. Definitely some empty space for DS Lites, though. I didn't inquire as to if they actually had any...Dreamfall distracted me.

[quote name='nirv']MINNESOTA UPDATE

Sears in St. Paul has 2. I went to the store personally and I saw them with my own eyesockets. It came up unable to sell when they scanned.

Sears in Coon Rapids has 0 copies.

CompUSA has 0 in Roseville.

Gamestop in Roseville has 0.

Suncoast in Northtown mall doesn't carry it.

I got owned 3 times. Screw this crap.

If only that guy posted the receipt pictures from any store in Minnesota, I might have some leverage.[/quote]

I doubt it, especially if the EB guys (two have said it to me now) are telling the truth about the stores incurring fines and stock restrictions for breaking the street date.

I imagine most large stores would rather lose your business (they got plenty more) than have proof around that they broke the street date again after knowing the penalty.

I keep hearing about a date change to maybe 6/6, which also happens to be Mike Haggar's height.

nirv_ds.jpg

[quote name='nirv']Sears just took the white DS Lite off their website white kite might gorillas.[/QUOTE]

I just laughed my ass off because that post. :D

I'm so glad that I was able to just walk in, grab a lite, buy it, and walk out! It sucks that a lot of you are having to go through a lot of bullshit to get it. Good luck to all of you still trying!

[quote name='nirv']Yeah, meanwhile these assholes sell them on eBay and thousands of people already have them. Yeah, great job Nintendo you panda fuckers.[/QUOTE]

Get over it. OMG I can't wait a whole 10 days to play the same games I already have!

fuck Nintendo for trying to make sure all the stores have them for the official launch date! -_-

[quote name='nirv']Sears just took the white DS Lite off their website white kite might gorillas.[/quote]

Yep, the Sears website is a total dead end now.

[quote name='OGHowie']Get over it. OMG I can't wait a whole 10 days to play the same games I already have!
[/QUOTE]

some of us don't have an original DS or never have had one in the past...

[quote name='AshesofWake']some of us don't have an original DS or never have had one in the past...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like me.

So I wait 10 days, instead of bitching because some other people got it before I did.

[quote name='OGHowie']Yeah, like me.

So I wait 10 days, instead of bitching because some other people got it before I did.[/QUOTE]

good for you, some people don't want to wait and are going crazy, like me for example...

im just an insane impatient son of a bitch...

[quote name='OGHowie']Get over it. OMG I can't wait a whole 10 days to play the same games I already have!

fuck Nintendo for trying to make sure all the stores have them for the official launch date! -_-[/quote]

Lets see. This is a thread about getting a DS Lite early. And you're complaining about people wanting a DS Lite early? It makes you wonder why someone who is so patient would even bother reading a thread like this.

People camp out overnight for game systems all the time so getting it 10 days early is pretty exciting for some. There's no need to crap on people over something you have no interest in.

[quote name='cplater']After 3 no gos w/ sears.com, I tried calling around to area Meijer stores. The Livonia store on Middlebelt didn't have any, but the Northville / Novi Store (8 Mile and Haggerty) did. A freind and I rushed out there, and we each got one. They had 6 - 8 more in the case, and were happy to sell them. I'll snap some pics when I get home .[/QUOTE]

Thanks bro. I just grabbed one. 7 left as of 30 minutes ago.

cag1wo.jpg

I got one!!! There are 12 available as of 5:00pm June 1st at the Target in Florence, Alabama - about 2 hours drive from Huntsville, Al.
I called ahead of time today, and the lady was nice enough to hold one back for me with my name on it, ready to be picked up.

Big shout out to my mother (im 27 btw :cool:), who picked it up for me while shopping there. I'll post pics later.

I was heading to get one myself, but I had a sudden attack of kidney stones - oh lordy - and had to go to the hospital.

GL to everyone else! :bouncy::applause::lol:
Sabo

Sears.com worked for the store in Tukwila, WA after a cancellation e-mail for a store in Alderwood/Lynnwood. Ordered for pickup, got the e-mail, went to get it, the stock guy asked me what I was picking up. I told him 'the Nintendo DS Lite'. He grabbed one from the back after a few minutes and voila. Thought about getting another one for the wife as the store had a couple on the shelves. The electronics clerk had no problem grabbing it, but when it came to ringing up the purchase, the register displayed something similar to "DO NOT SELL. RETURN TO RTV HOLDING AREA". I didn't argue too much and left. They still had some on the shelves, so anybody in Seattle area trying to get one might want to try Sears.com with instore pickup in Tuckwila. If you just go by the store it ain't gonna happen.

[quote name='mini.boss']Lets see. This is a thread about getting a DS Lite early. And you're complaining about people wanting a DS Lite early? It makes you wonder why someone who is so patient would even bother reading a thread like this.

People camp out overnight for game systems all the time so getting it 10 days early is pretty exciting for some. There's no need to crap on people over something you have no interest in.[/quote]

Not equivalent. I'm sure he was interested in getting a DS Lite early, he just said there's no reason to get angry with Nintendo for doing exactly what they said they were going to do. Which is quite true.

Personally, I think it'd be hilarious if they got back at Walmart, Target, etc by allowing ONLY stores who DIDN'T break the street date to start selling them this coming Monday. :D Unfortunately they'd have no way to really enforce that, so I'm sure they won't.

[quote name='Ravenlock']Not equivalent. I'm sure he was interested in getting a DS Lite early, he just said there's no reason to get angry with Nintendo for doing exactly what they said they were going to do. Which is quite true.

Personally, I think it'd be hilarious if they got back at Walmart, Target, etc by allowing ONLY stores who DIDN'T break the street date to start selling them this coming Monday. :D Unfortunately they'd have no way to really enforce that, so I'm sure they won't.[/QUOTE]

With Nintendo, I think the retail stores would be in a better position than Nintendo would be if both sides started playing with fire.

I mean, who is going to hurt more? Target for not having Nintendo, or Nintendo for not having Target?

[quote name='Ravenlock']Not equivalent. I'm sure he was interested in getting a DS Lite early, he just said there's no reason to get angry with Nintendo for doing exactly what they said they were going to do. Which is quite true.

Personally, I think it'd be hilarious if they got back at Walmart, Target, etc by allowing ONLY stores who DIDN'T break the street date to start selling them this coming Monday. :D Unfortunately they'd have no way to really enforce that, so I'm sure they won't.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm not saying I don't want one early if I can get one.

I'm just saying there's no reason to crap on Nintendo, because some retailers started selling it early.

However, they definitely need to do a better job on controlling the retailers.

I highly doubt there will be any fines or anything of that nature. If it was one or two stores, then sure, but when its as many stores as it has been, they'll just let it slide. A rash of stores broke street date on a cd earlier in the year, and it never went further than an email. They put the fear of God into us about breaking street dates, but when it actually happens, its never as big of a deal as they make it out to be in the training guide.

Oh god, this thread seems to be endless and I still have no fuckin' DS Lite in my hands... LibertyVille stores are crappy. :roll:

Hackensack NJ Sears had 4 on the shelves. No matter how much north jersey charm and boyish good looks I threw at her, the clerk wouldn't sell me one.

There are no "fines" for retailers who sell anything before the release date. I worked at a video store that released a few movies early and all that happens is that certain studios will get pissed and delay your next shipment or not ship to you at all. It's perfectly legal to sell before the street date, and UNLESS there is a specific contract with a specific monetary punishment within that contract, retailers can sell before the date.

I finally got away from playing NSMB and stuck in a GBA game. WTF the cart sticks out alot.........I thought it was supposed to be almost flush, oh well I still like it more than the DS i used to have. This is the only thing I don't like so far.....

[quote name='edavis0780']There are no "fines" for retailers who sell anything before the release date. I worked at a video store that released a few movies early and all that happens is that certain studios will get pissed and delay your next shipment or not ship to you at all. It's perfectly legal to sell before the street date, and UNLESS there is a specific contract with a specific monetary punishment within that contract, retailers can sell before the date.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think the most famous instance was WB bitch-slapping Gamestop(?) for selling Lord of the Rings early. Never saw what the end-result was though.

[quote name='PimpitySnicket']The Frappr map doesn't look good for us... Newark, CA here.
Tuesday night I saw the post on Joystiq so I ran to Walmart in Union City, CA and then to Target in the New Park Mall in Newark, CA the following morning after not getting any sleep... I called the Walmart in Fremont, CA but the girl said they hadn't gotten any. From what I can see, our best bet would've been San Bruno Sears (bart leads right to the mall where it's located) but this morning their site says they're no longer in stock. I was gonna head down there today since I was plannin on going to Telegraph (Berkeley) and San Bruno would just be a little bit out of my way on bart. San Mateo's Sears says in stock still.[/quote]
after browsing this thread, i decided to stop on my way home yesterday, about 3:00 in the afternoon, at the wallmart between freemont and san jose, not exactly sure what city that is. in any case, to my surprise they had about 20 ds lites in the glass. i called an employee over, told him i wanted one, and we got to the counter where it refused to ring up. he called over a manager who called over his manager, etc. until finally, some guy tells me he cant sell me it, has the employee pull all the lites from the shelves, and tells me to come back tomorrow, (which would be today) but i have to think they would be wise to what's going on by now, and i havent been back. anyone been by this walmart or had any success anywhere else in the bay area?

No hope from Target I guess, the news has spreaded...

I was told a Target here in San Diego (Chula Vista actuall) get them in stock and the guy got one earlier today or yesterday. I called to make sure they have it, but they said they couldn't sell it before the street date.....

Well, again... saved me 10 bucks for the drive....

Scored at Sears in Portland, OR (see frapr map).

Ordered online at sears.com and selected in-store pickup. Aside from the Sears in Washington Sq. where I got mine, there were a couple of others selectable with some in stock.

Arrived bright eyed hoping that the warehouse grunt was not aware of the official release date.

Mission accomplished as of 6/1 1:00pm :cool:

Also, when I went to the Babbages to pick up New Super Mario Bros. (after I declined their greedy warranty or w/e the hell costed 3 more bucks) the clerk asks, "Have a lite pre-ordered yet?" Me as I exit: "I have a lite in my backpack." Caught a glimpse of his distraught face as I left. I believe he yelled asking if I got it from Target. I would not have told him anyways.

None at Target Clark, NJ... although they did have a suspiciously empty bottom of the DS shelf... could they have just removed them (or am i just a paranoid basterd...)

[quote name='lifeis11']after browsing this thread, i decided to stop on my way home yesterday, about 3:00 in the afternoon, at the wallmart between freemont and san jose, not exactly sure what city that is. in any case, to my surprise they had about 20 ds lites in the glass. i called an employee over, told him i wanted one, and we got to the counter where it refused to ring up. he called over a manager who called over his manager, etc. until finally, some guy tells me he cant sell me it, has the employee pull all the lites from the shelves, and tells me to come back tomorrow, (which would be today) but i have to think they would be wise to what's going on by now, and i havent been back. anyone been by this walmart or had any success anywhere else in the bay area?[/quote]

Bah! I called that morning and they said they didn't have any in stock... Must of just got them in. You went to the Fremont store right? By Fry's off of Automall? Not lookin good for us bay area folk, espcially here in the east bay.

[quote name='lifeis11']after browsing this thread, i decided to stop on my way home yesterday, about 3:00 in the afternoon, at the wallmart between freemont and san jose, not exactly sure what city that is. in any case, to my surprise they had about 20 ds lites in the glass. i called an employee over, told him i wanted one, and we got to the counter where it refused to ring up. he called over a manager who called over his manager, etc. until finally, some guy tells me he cant sell me it, has the employee pull all the lites from the shelves, and tells me to come back tomorrow, (which would be today) but i have to think they would be wise to what's going on by now, and i havent been back. anyone been by this walmart or had any success anywhere else in the bay area?[/QUOTE]

exactly which walmart is this?

Has anyone tried buying a single item from walmart and using the unmarked reciept to just walk out the store w/ the ds when they ask for a reciept at the door? Possibly buying a regular ds, and trying this an hour later and then returning the other ds?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I got these:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=802272

It comes with an extra stylus too. They "officially" were supposed to be out today (6/1) according to the website at Gamestop but the store I went to yesterday already had them out. It took a little bit to get them on but now that they're on there they're hardly noticable.[/QUOTE]

the picture didnt work. anyway I'm sure they worked good for you, but i think i'll still go for the non residue Hori brand (the non lite models since the lite ones have residue for some reason), i just dont think i would want to get a pelican brand.

[quote name='PimpitySnicket']Has anyone tried buying a single item from walmart and using the unmarked reciept to just walk out the store w/ the ds when they ask for a reciept at the door? Possibly buying a regular ds, and trying this an hour later and then returning the other ds?[/quote] ...so you're asking if someone's tried to steal a DS Lite from Wal-Mart? I think most people here have a thing called morals, so I'd imagine the answer would be "no".

[quote name='PimpitySnicket']Has anyone tried buying a single item from walmart and using the unmarked reciept to just walk out the store w/ the ds when they ask for a reciept at the door? Possibly buying a regular ds, and trying this an hour later and then returning the other ds?[/quote]

Post of the year.

[quote name='PimpitySnicket']Has anyone tried buying a single item from walmart and using the unmarked reciept to just walk out the store w/ the ds when they ask for a reciept at the door? Possibly buying a regular ds, and trying this an hour later and then returning the other ds?[/quote]

YES! It works! I wasn't going to say anything because this activity is usually frowned upon here but this DOES work! Just make sure they dont try to ring it up in electronics, take the DS to the front and sneak it out the door with your old receipt past the blue hair security lady!

PROOF IT WORKS ->

Every time I stole one I would get a huge rush and I kept doing it till the blue hair started getting suspicious!

If you need more pointers PM me and we can talk in private, since these people will look down on you my friend!

[quote name='Wario64']exactly which walmart is this?[/quote]

Wal-Mart Store #2119
301 Ranch Drive
Milpitas, CA 95035
(408) 934-0304

[quote name='DustBoogie']Attention LI CAGs:

The Target in the Broadway Mall in Hicksville, NY had about 20 DS Lites as of 1:45 PM today, Thursday. I asked the guy behind the counter to get one out of the case for me, and he had no problem selling it to me!

dslite6yd.png

Also checked the Target in Commack, but it was just the typical big empty space. Best Buy in Commack didn't have them in yet, and I didn't bother checking the Huntington Mall Sears because of all the reports on this site.

But, if you want a DS Lite and are willing to trek to Hicksville (or live nearby) - go for it! They had a lot as of this afternoon, and there were no problems with buying it (aside from me shaking like a leaf while he rung up two people in front of me :p)[/quote]

DAMNIT! That's so close to me. I checked stores in the area and none had them. I wish I had known to go there. I wonder if they'll have any tomorrow, but I doubt it...my luck :(

[quote name='vvvwwvvwvwvv']I tried both the Target and Wal-Mart in Port Orange, Fl. and neither of them had the ds lite in stock. Wal-Mart had a variety of colors of the old ones and Target had 2 old grey ones. Also the guy @ Target was a real Richard about me asking any questions about the ds lite for some reason. Maybe he knew something...[/quote]

HAH, I tried that target and walmart, as well as the ones in daytona beach, and the guy in daytona definetly had them in, but not out. i asked if they had got them in yet, and he said "i dont know, but i know i dont have them out." with a tone i have used many times at work.

No luck at Target or Wal-Mart at Grossmont Center in San Diego. They're not even displayed, although both have received their shipments according to employees.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Confirming that the Forest Park/Fairfield area WalMart has no Lites as of noonish today.[/QUOTE]
Hey I didn't know anyone on here lived that close to me. I live like 5 mins from that Walmart. Yesterday I went to about 4 targets and 4 walmarts in the northern cincinnati area and I finally got one at the florence, KY target thanks to $hady. They are gone til June 11 everywhere it seems.

My wife is getting made at the old japanese guy on Brain Age as we speak. Apparently I can say blue correctly.

[quote name='M1C13']Hey I didn't know anyone on here lived that close to me. I live like 5 mins from that Walmart. Yesterday I went to about 4 targets and 4 walmarts in the northern cincinnati area and I finally got one at the florence, KY target thanks to $hady. They are gone til June 11 everywhere it seems.

My wife is getting made at the old japanese guy on Brain Age as we speak. Apparently I can say blue correctly.[/quote]

Did you steal yours like me and PimpitySnicket did? NO, ur not cool like we are it's cool to steal.......... :dunce: :rofl:

This kid is a classy lil dude, I pray he tries my methods! :D

[quote name='$hady']Did you steal yours like me and PimpitySnicket did? NO, ur not cool like we are it's cool to steal.......... :dunce: :rofl:

This kid is a classy lil dude, I pray he tries my methods! :D[/quote]

You, sir, are a champion. Of justice. :applause::D

[quote name='Ravenlock']You, sir, are a champion. Of justice. :applause::D[/quote]
LMAO he replies again......

:roll:

Yes I am an asshole and yes you were asking for it..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back