I just bought a DS Lite from Target! Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who managed to pick one up, do you notice some color shifting? It seems like mine is causing yellows and greens to look a little off (overly saturated). Not sure if this is normal or if mines a little wonky. Unfortunately, I'm a graphic artist so little details like that annoy me to no end.

[quote name='$hady']upc on box is 0 45496 71754 4

target item from receipt # 207010007

good luck :D

BTW there is a number to call and check stock by item numbers but I don't know it, anyone else remember it from when the 360 was just released and people were calling it to check inventory?[/QUOTE]

If anyone knows this number, I would really appreciate it if it were posted.
I just called about 7 different Walmarts and Targets in my area and they either said it was coming out on the 6th, 11th, or just had no idea what I was talking about.

Target in Stamford, CT had an empty shelf where DS's reside and nothing else.

An associate checking advertised prices in the game row didn't appear to know anything specific -- or maybe she had taken them all??!!

[quote name='VexingVelocity']If anyone knows this number, I would really appreciate it if it were posted.
I just called about 7 different Walmarts and Targets in my area and they either said it was coming out on the 6th, 11th, or just had no idea what I was talking about.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't press your luck with that number. It would make it real easy for corporate to call up every store and figure out WTH is going on.

[quote name='riyadc']I tried the North Druid Hill target and the peachtree target in Atlanta, GA. No luck so far.[/QUOTE]

Got the wife checking the Northlake Target near there. Will let you know what she finds.

English instructions and the stuff on the back of the unit is written in english as well. I'd post my receipt too but I used the employee discount and I don't want it to come back on my mom (I'm a dependent, she's the one that works for 'em) if this ends up going south.

[quote name='Kirra']Still no luck in (southern) California.. :(?[/QUOTE]

as of close of business last night I had contacted Targets at:

- West Hollywood
- Culver City
- Los Angeles

none of which had them. I called them on the phone. I suspect somehow the eastcoast and 'middle states' got them sooner and it may take longer to roll out onto the WestCoast as it's coming from back east (MERE PRESUMPTION).

I too want one and am in Los Angeles - so if you guys report any So.Cal findings do let me know. I plan on calling some more Target's this AM and will report back if I find any.

No luck at State Bridge Target in Alpharetta, GA. That's the one I plan to pick it up from on the 11th so as long as they don't sell theirs early without me, then I'm okay.

As for Atlanta, GA... the edgewood and North Druid Hills Targets still had nothing.

However, the North Druid Hills' DS display case was empty, so perhaps they will be re-stocking them with Lite's soon?

EDIT:

I just called a bunch of targets in the Atlanta area and I got a bunch of seemingly pissed off sales people that said "It isn't supposed to be on sale till the 11th". So perhaps the stores have caught on

[quote name='RedvsBlue']

English instructions and the stuff on the back of the unit is written in english as well. I'd post my receipt too but I used the employee discount and I don't want it to come back on my mom (I'm a dependent, she's the one that works for 'em) if this ends up going south.[/QUOTE]

That's cool, but unless your mom sold it to you, she's got nothing to worry about.

Just called a bunch of Target / Walmart stores here in central NJ, so far no luck.

I did get a confirmation from one of the Target stores that they had them already, but wouldn't sell them til the 11th.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']That's cool, but unless your mom sold it to you, she's got nothing to worry about.[/QUOTE]

Believe me, people have been fired from Target for less. I'm not too worried about it honestly but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Believe me, people have been fired for less from Target. I'm not too worried about it honestly but I'd rather be safe than sorry.[/QUOTE]

Unless you are in a right to work state....

Sue the bitches! :D

OMG I just logged on and I am stuck at work! Hope no one in this podunk town of mine checks the internet before I clock out for lunch!

[quote name='M1C13']$hady I love you. I live north of Cincinnati they are holding me one at the florence store.[/quote]
You should post how many they have left when you get back if you can since their are several Cincy area people on here. Like I posted earlier when I left around 8:30 this morning they had about 9 or 10 still in the case.

BTW I have strong feelings for you as well, not as strong as Mr. Kitty has for the Ds Lite but there is still a spark. :lol:

yea yea I bought 3..... 1 for me and at least one to try to sell, my buddy is wavering on if he wants the 3rd one since he'd be broke till payday. I'll probably just let him pay me when he gets paid. :roll:

damn you Midwest!! :)

well I checked the 3 closest Walmarts/Targets around me, the farthest away being 35 minutes.

Target (Vallejo, CA), Target (Novato, CA) and Walmart (Vallejo, CA). Nothing :(

Another big problem was the two Targets that I went to were completely sold out of just regular DS's. So even when I asked if they had anymore, the employee would just take out their LRT and scan the barcode to see if they had any in stock. I hinted at saying I saw a white DS the other day if they could double check, but of course no one knew what I was talking about :)

Good luck to everyone who is out scouring for an early release of these :)

according to the guy at the Best Buy in Midtown, the Best Buy in Chelsea got them in today, it may be too late to get one, but if you are close buy it cant hurt to check. If someone has already posted this, sorry for the repost

[quote name='Wombat']according to the guy at the Best Buy in Midtown, the Best Buy in Chelsea got them in today, it may be too late to get one, but if you are close buy it cant hurt to check. If someone has already posted this, sorry for the repost[/QUOTE]

ooo good news I will have to call after work

For all of you guys who are having great luck, I beg of you to help out in a different fashion:

Call your local Gamestop/EB, and tell them which store was doing the selling. If an employee can go buy a system and get a receipt, they can contact corporate and corporate will then tell ALL the gamestop/EBs that they can break the street date too.

I tried to buy one in the Ashland, Ky. Wal-Mart. They had them on the shelf, but the Point of Sale system wouldn't allow them to ring it up. SO CLOSE!

[quote name='Kirra']Still no luck in (southern) California.. :(?[/quote]
I left early for work and tried a whole mess of stores with no luck. Target (Cerritos, Fullerton, Anaheim), Walmart (Cerritos, Buena Park, Anaheim). Nothing but empty shelf slots for where the Lite will be placed. Its pretty rare for bigger cities never get lucky on these broken street dates.

What really sucks is that its 12 days before release and pretty much every store has them in stock already and we have to sit here waiting instead of playing.

In the detroit area, I failed to see any of them on the shelfs. I checked Target by Oakland Mall the best buy by oakland mall, The walmart in Troy, and the target in Rochester Hills. 0 for 4. =( I will check the target, best buy and meijer in Waterford after work.

Just called my local Walmart and GameRush, no dice.

I was hoping to have some luck, since I'm in the midwest, but oh well. The whole "Buy the system now, then return your preordered system to the original store" got my attention.

I just checked the Target near Perimeter Mall (Atlanta, GA). They have 24 in stock and they will definately not be selling them until June 11th. I got to talk to the electronics dept manager for a bit, and he said that Target (at least his district), is already aware of the issue and will not sell a single one until street date. I think as far as Atlanta goes, Walmart is the only possibility. (Of course YMMV) He also said over 20 people have already called asking for it.

If anyone finds one in the Atlanta area in the next couple of days, PLEASE get one for me, I will pay you back and come pick it up.

I think the stores are wising up and the leaking is over :(

CAG always depresses me, I always see people getting rediculous deals and im always too late. Oh well, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

To the people who have found DS lites in stores and bought them, Are they the only DS systems on display in these stores or are the older DS systems there also?
This might help give some indication on whether or not stores are going to sell early if there are no systems on display now at all.

Thanks for any info!

Omaha, NE: Checked the Wal-mart out on Irvington, the Target on Saddle Creek, and the Super Target out on Maple. Nothing at any of them.

I just got back from 3 Targets (mission valley, mira mesa, poway), a Fry's (mission valley) and a walmart (mission valley) and they all had no DS Lites. I have mine on preorder from gamecrazy but thought I might get lucky.

Hopefully this sad info save some San Diegans the trip. Keep hope alive!

Just got back from Target...

dslitef.JPG

dsliteb.JPG

Welp...COMFIRMED.

Target location: Neshaminy Mall, Bucks County PA...Just a stones throw away from Philadelpha.

They had an easy 25+ of them in stock. The ENTIRE section where the old DS's including the Animal Crossing bundles are located was whiped clean with a fresh stock of DSLites. Not a single OLD DS to be found.

Good luck guys! In the mean time I'll be enjoying my Lite even before Australia! :D

LOL whats with all the mods making the gaming news scene lately? First Phatty and the Uno camera guy and now this! :D I posted my pictures under that 1up article just to see what they'd say.............

NSMB is hella addicting! I love it been playing it most of the afternoon besides when I tried to apply my Hori screen protector and ruined the top before discovering there are 2 protective covers around the screen guard. I got pissed when the tape didn't come off cleanly from the top protective screen..... I never used one on the DS fat but I think that the touch screen is a tad bit bigger on the Lite, either that or they leave extra room so you can easily install the guard.... I ordered a Hori DS Lite screen guard already so we shall hope for better luck next time.

No luck in Ridgedale or Plymouth, MN Targets. I will hit at least three more Targets and two Walmarts on the way home from work tonight...I will report back later tonight.

I am now a proud owner of a DS lite. The Target in Montgomery had 18 left as of my purchase. I'm going to post some pics of what the DS lite looks like next to an ibook once I find the cable.

AND has anyone tried to register their DS lite on nintendo.com? I wonder what will happen (I don't want to be the first to do it!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back