I just bought a DS Lite from Target! Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No go at Sears in Woodbridge Center Plaza. Literally 5 minutes after I got the ready for pick up e-mail, I get the dreaded call. bleh.

Attention LI CAGs:

The Target in the Broadway Mall in Hicksville, NY had about 20 DS Lites as of 1:45 PM today, Thursday. I asked the guy behind the counter to get one out of the case for me, and he had no problem selling it to me!

dslite6yd.png

Also checked the Target in Commack, but it was just the typical big empty space. Best Buy in Commack didn't have them in yet, and I didn't bother checking the Huntington Mall Sears because of all the reports on this site.

But, if you want a DS Lite and are willing to trek to Hicksville (or live nearby) - go for it! They had a lot as of this afternoon, and there were no problems with buying it (aside from me shaking like a leaf while he rung up two people in front of me :p)

I placed the order online with Sears, got the confirmation email quick, and called maybe an hour later to make sure they had my "DS Lite" order held, gave them the number. Dude in electronics checked and said "yeah, they've got it, just head to merchandise pick up once you get here." Four hours later and still no rejection e-mail or call so... think I'll be heading over after work.

Let you know how it goes.

[quote name='Erving']I just called a wal mart and they said they would be selling them june 6th. WTF??? Anybody else get this answer??[/QUOTE]Yes, but she said the 5th to me. Odd.

I put in an order at the Dulles Sears, got the email saying it was in stock, went to pick it up, and the stock boys said they didn't have it. They told me I'd have to cancel.

Called Sears, and they said their system showed it was actually picked up. I guess once you swipe your card at the store, it becomes the store's problem. Anyway, they said they would give me a credit on my account, but I'll be monitoring that like a hawk.

Anybody in the louisville KY area had any luck since yesterday? i called all the targets and wal-marts and none had it, i called one sears and they didnt know what i was talking about and im hesitant to do the in-store thing because i dont want to go there for nothing.

Oh also has anyone noticed that the DS lite can now be ordered on the sears website? it says its available for shipping and "usually leaves the warehouse within 3 days"

Just got shot down by Sears in Glendale, CA. I placed the order last night after the store had closed and received the "Ready for pick up" email promptly this morning. The sad part was that I got the dreaded phone call just as I was about to enter the store! I was given the same BS about it being defective and that the blue one was available instead.

Oh well... I'm flying on the 8th and was hoping to have my DS lite for the flight. I guess that is not gonna happen.

Well this has officially been the craziest system launch in recent history! All these people buying multiples to resell are sadly finding that the people who will pay the premium already have.......when the Japanese launch came. I think it's funny even though I had purchased an extra to flip on Ebay. It closed for just over $23 profit and then I sold the system my buddy backed out on to another CAG for about $8 profit (tip).... I'm satisified because after that and selling my DS Fat I was able to upgrade for about $13 out of my pocket. :D

Good luck to those still looking! :)

FWIW the Target in Houston, TX on Main & OST isn't selling them any longer. If you're lucky, you might get scowled at by the employees there.

I was up in Rowland Heights, CA this morning so i checked a few places. Walmart and Target had no DS Lites but they were fully stocked on attitude. I guess these guys are getting asked alot because they were immediately annoyedy by me even asking.

I also checked Sears which had it in stock online but the guy said he's been checking all morning and they got nothing. And my order to the Sears in Cerritos was just cancelled via email so I'm still out of luck.

Its going to be a long week.

Someone had success at Meijer's, which has me thinking. Anybody tried unconventional retailers that no one's mentioned yet? Circuit City is probably a lost cause. But what about TRU, Sam's, Costco, possibly Fry's?

Has anyone successfully gotten their deposit back in the form of cash from EB? I was going to call but figured i'd just go up there later and show them the receipt and my Lite and request my $25 cash back because of the crazy way this launch played out. I'll of course have several bottles of glitter ready for the throwin along with my magazine rack kickin foot locked and loaded if they refuse. :D

I had success with sears.com on the second try.

The first DS Lite I ordered for in-store pickup got me the e-mail back that it was unavailable and that the order had been cancelled. But being a persistent bastard, I figured I'd try one more time before giving up for the day. I placed another order for pickup at a different Sears store in my area (Houston, TX). To my surprise I got the confirmation e-mail back saying that it was in stock and ready for pickup.

Since it was around lunchtime I drove out there, swiped my credit card in the merchandise pickup kiosk, and sat down. Two minutes later a guy walked out of the stockroom with the DS Lite in hand. He had me sign their little PDA thing that I'd received it, and I walked out of the store with it.

I think, however, that I was pretty damn lucky. After I'd turned my back and was walking out I heard a manager come out of the back and start telling the guy that he "wasn't supposed to do that" and "the item was in the wrong bin." I dunno if they were talking about the DS Lite I just picked up or what, but considering the other stories I've read on here I think it's safe to say that I'm lucky they didn't give me the "recall" business.

Certainly a great way to celebrate my birthday, which also happens to be today. Woot!

That would be great if Wal-mart releases it on the 6th. I pre-ordered at GS, but I'll be out of town on the "official" release date. I'd rather be able to take the thing with me on the trip than wait til after.

MINNESOTA UPDATE

Sears in St. Paul has 2. I went to the store personally and I saw them with my own eyesockets. It came up unable to sell when they scanned.

Sears in Coon Rapids has 0 copies.

CompUSA has 0 in Roseville.

Gamestop in Roseville has 0.

Suncoast in Northtown mall doesn't carry it.

I got owned 3 times. Screw this crap.

If only that guy posted the receipt pictures from any store in Minnesota, I might have some leverage.

Oh crap... I'm from Brazil and came for business to LibertyVille in Illinois, when I heard that DS Lite has broke out the streets I went like crazy to all Target/Wal-Mart/Best-Buy and Sears stores looking for one with no luck at all... The release date is June 11th, I'm wonder if they'll sold out fast enough to don't let me get one. I'll be at Wal-Mart's door at 8 AM on the release...
Damn Illinois... damn Illinois.

My mommy is the manager at Frys and they said they are having a release on the 4th.

My daddy is a manager at Waffle House and read on the clipboard of official release notes from Gamecrazy that they are also having a release party at midnight on the 4th.

This is the newest rumor for a new release date. Enjoy! :D

I got the email confirmation for the Sears at Bellflower Blvd (Long Beach, CA), went down there to pick the system up and they told me that the system was recalled. *sigh*

Apparently, they didn't call me to inform me of this because my phone number didn't' show up on the ticket stub. :/ They did offer me an Animal Crossing bundle instead but I passed on that.

[quote name='DustBoogie']Attention LI CAGs:

The Target in the Broadway Mall in Hicksville, NY had about 20 DS Lites as of 1:45 PM today, Thursday. I asked the guy behind the counter to get one out of the case for me, and he had no problem selling it to me!

dslite6yd.png

Also checked the Target in Commack, but it was just the typical big empty space. Best Buy in Commack didn't have them in yet, and I didn't bother checking the Huntington Mall Sears because of all the reports on this site.

But, if you want a DS Lite and are willing to trek to Hicksville (or live nearby) - go for it! They had a lot as of this afternoon, and there were no problems with buying it (aside from me shaking like a leaf while he rung up two people in front of me :p)[/quote]
That is awesome! My brother works in Hicksville so he's gonna stop by there soon and see if there's any left/they're still selling them. Please let there be :bomb:

Hey, Madopal... did you sell that extra lite yet? I'm at work right now, but I live on the Northside of Chicago, so I could definitely hook up with you later.

just called the game crazy i work at... the dude who opened told me we got a letter today saying we'll get them early but we're not allowed to sell them until the 11th.

[quote name='varsitygamer']I'll check the Enfield, CT Target again in the morning, and while I'm at the mall I may as well swing by work (that is, EBgames) and see if my pre-order is in/the date was actually bumped to June 1st.

Either way, I'm probably cashing in on my warranty to get a brand new sealed old chubs DS and selling that to cover a nice chunk of my lite. As for how I'm going to afford the girlfriend's....
[/quote]

Well, to confirm, Enfield Target DOES have them in, but they are still in the back room. The employee knew what he was talking about and confirmed the sell date of 6/11. There is a big gaping hole in the case where the DSs used to be/should be.

EBgames did not have the shipment in yet as of ~1pm. My buddy said it's still possible we'd get them today, but regardless, they won't be available to the general public until 6/11.

This is so silly, does anyone remember the SP launch? I remember someone on gamefaqs purchasing one from a Toys R Us or something, and since they broke the street date, everyone was allowed to sell it. I got mine at EB the same day the kid posted proof pics of his. This launch on the otherhand, Nintendo is making these companies pull existing stock, and prevent further sales even though some customers have already gotten them... thereby increasing the secondary market value in the brief interim period.

JUST LET THEM SELL IT, IT'S ONLY AN UPGRADE FOR CHRISTS SAKE. It's not like it's a brand new previously unreleased system. It's just what the fucking DS should have been in the first place.

[quote name='Narse']That is awesome! My brother works in Hicksville so he's gonna stop by there soon and see if there's any left/they're still selling them. Please let there be :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Best of luck to you Narse!

Oh god.. the screens.. the stylus.. the weight..

So worth it.

Now I just have to contemplate ordering an InvisibleShield for this thing and my iPod. Anyone heard of those?

[quote name='FullmetalCJ']I had success with sears.com on the second try.

The first DS Lite I ordered for in-store pickup got me the e-mail back that it was unavailable and that the order had been cancelled. But being a persistent bastard, I figured I'd try one more time before giving up for the day. I placed another order for pickup at a different Sears store in my area (Houston, TX). To my surprise I got the confirmation e-mail back saying that it was in stock and ready for pickup.

Since it was around lunchtime I drove out there, swiped my credit card in the merchandise pickup kiosk, and sat down. Two minutes later a guy walked out of the stockroom with the DS Lite in hand. He had me sign their little PDA thing that I'd received it, and I walked out of the store with it.

I think, however, that I was pretty damn lucky. After I'd turned my back and was walking out I heard a manager come out of the back and start telling the guy that he "wasn't supposed to do that" and "the item was in the wrong bin." I dunno if they were talking about the DS Lite I just picked up or what, but considering the other stories I've read on here I think it's safe to say that I'm lucky they didn't give me the "recall" business.

Certainly a great way to celebrate my birthday, which also happens to be today. Woot![/QUOTE]

I was wondering if there was a step between scanning the email, swiping the credit card and walking out with a DS Lite. Wonder why they had me marked in the system as picking it up, if I didn't sign anything. Guess I have that for leverage if they decide to be pricks.

I haven't read about any success stories in the NoVA area, so I'm going to just pack it in a wait, wait, wait, WAIT for my Overstock order. I'm flying on the date of release, so I was hoping to just pick one up before then. Oh well.

[quote name='varsitygamer']
JUST LET THEM SELL IT, IT'S ONLY AN UPGRADE FOR CHRISTS SAKE. It's not like it's a brand new previously unreleased system. It's just what the fucking DS should have been in the first place.[/quote]

I share that frustration. On the other hand, the "official" release date is just a little over a week away...

[quote name='Tybee']Someone had success at Meijer's, which has me thinking. Anybody tried unconventional retailers that no one's mentioned yet? Circuit City is probably a lost cause. But what about TRU, Sam's, Costco, possibly Fry's?[/quote]Last night I looked for the Lite at several locations in Manhattan, including the Times Square TRU and the Times Square Virgin Megastore. TRU had the old DS behind the counter but no sign of the Lite; Virgin didn't even have the old DS anywhere in sight. I didn't think to look behind the counter.

I also checked out the Best Buys at 45th/Madison and 23rd/6th Avenue. No go. Someone had mentioned seeing it at the Chelsea store, so I was hopeful, but it wasn't to be.

[quote name='DustBoogie']Best of luck to you Narse!

Oh god.. the screens.. the stylus.. the weight..

So worth it.

Now I just have to contemplate ordering an InvisibleShield for this thing and my iPod. Anyone heard of those?[/quote]

No luck! My brother was just there at the Hicksville Target and they've pulled them from display until the official release date. Oh well, as long as I can get one from somewhere on the 11th I'll be happy. I wasn't really going to touch it until I had an Invisible Shield put on it. Reading about it on the PA Forums makes me want one bad. Maybe if I order one of those now it'll arrive around the 11th!

man what the hell is up with wal mart. One i called said june 6th. WHY JUNE 6th?? Whats so special about it. They're breaking the street date anyways so they might as well give me one now!!!!!!

[quote name='gunm']I share that frustration. On the other hand, the "official" release date is just a little over a week away...[/quote]

And it's already RELEASED on Japan, so what the fuck does the japaneses have more than americans?! Go-fuck-Nintendo... :whistle2:#

That CompUSA post made me wonder...

Anyone found them at a CompUSA? Those folks are usually even slower to catch on than Target.

[quote name='DustBoogie']Best of luck to you Narse!

Now I just have to contemplate ordering an InvisibleShield for this thing and my iPod. Anyone heard of those?[/QUOTE]

I have the InvisibleShield for my iPod and I love it. My iPod is still in beautiful shape and I just keep it in my pocket with my keys, change, etc. I also love that when It gets smudged up I can just clean it off with my shirt or pants without scratching it. I will probably order a shield for my Lite...when I get it on the eleventh. :(

I think sears is catching on. This morning after entering my zip code, my local sears appeared to have it in stock. now the website is updated with "In store in 10 - 12 days**. " for my local store. Also the ds lite link is curently down on their site.

So, I went to order one from sears.com, and it won't pull it up anymore. They must have removed it from the online store. Anyone else getting this as well?

EDIT: ^^ I guess its not just me

The worst part is that it is in my cart, but when I click cart the page goes blank.

I sent Nintendo a email yesterday asking about what happpens to stores that break street dates etc and I just received this reply:

[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]Message(#6851-000503-1251\5031251)

Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo,

Due to early shipments of the DS Lite going out, a few retailers placed the system for sale before the scheduled June 11 launch date. Because a single launch date benefits all retailers, and to make sure all retailers have received their shipments, we have asked those retailers who have begun to sell the system early to wait until the June 11 release date.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Greg Hamilton

Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/
Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529
[/FONT]

Haven't gotten off work yet to go try to get my already purchased ds lite from sears, but it looks like it's been dummied on their website. If you click it it's just a blank page.

After 3 no gos w/ sears.com, I tried calling around to area Meijer stores. The Livonia store on Middlebelt didn't have any, but the Northville / Novi Store (8 Mile and Haggerty) did. A freind and I rushed out there, and we each got one. They had 6 - 8 more in the case, and were happy to sell them. I'll snap some pics when I get home .

[quote name='$hady']I sent Nintendo a email yesterday asking about what happpens to stores that break street dates etc and I just received this reply:

Due to early shipments of the DS Lite going out, a few retailers placed the system for sale before the scheduled June 11 launch date. Because a single launch date benefits all retailers, and to make sure all retailers have received their shipments, we have asked those retailers who have begun to sell the system early to wait until the June 11 release date.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Greg Hamilton

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

[quote name='$hady']I sent Nintendo a email yesterday asking about what happpens to stores that break street dates etc and I just received this reply:

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Greg Hamilton

[/FONT][/quote]

Yeah, meanwhile these assholes sell them on eBay and thousands of people already have them. Yeah, great job Nintendo you panda fuckers.

i wonder if theres going to be really long lines when it gets offically released, maby ill go wait in line with my lite since i have nothing better to do :)

[quote name='Darkstraw']i wonder if theres going to be really long lines when it gets offically released, maby ill go wait in line with my lite since i have nothing better to do :)[/QUOTE]

What, and miss church?! :roll:

Here is some East Coast love from a Sears store in Delaware:

10 days early? Don't mind if I do.... Sears online. Got instore pickup, walked in, no problems. Golden.

findjune1-06-002.jpg

findjune1-06-003.jpg

findjune1-06-004.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic quality, I was kinda rushing so I can play it :cool:

[quote name='grandamchandler']Here is some East Coast love from a Sears store in Delaware:

10 days early? Don't mind if I do.... Sears online. Got instore pickup, walked in, no problems. Golden.

Sorry for the bad pic quality, I was kinda rushing so I can play it :cool:[/QUOTE]

Don't forget to charge it, you lucky bastard.

[quote name='nirv']Yeah, meanwhile these assholes sell them on eBay and thousands of people already have them. Yeah, great job Nintendo you panda fuckers.[/QUOTE]

It's not their fault the retailers blew it. A lot of things do come in early to be there for when the doors open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back