I just bought a DS Lite from Target! Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Goldfingiz']DAMNIT! That's so close to me. I checked stores in the area and none had them. I wish I had known to go there. I wonder if they'll have any tomorrow, but I doubt it...my luck :([/QUOTE]
oh great, the one place that i forget to call that is 10 mins away from my home and 1/4 miles from my weekend work place

[quote name='$hady']Did you steal yours like me and PimpitySnicket did? NO, ur not cool like we are it's cool to steal.......... :dunce: :rofl:

This kid is a classy lil dude, I pray he tries my methods! :D[/QUOTE]
Well I guess I'm glad you left one for me.

Hit up a few more Targets today...no DS Lites in sight. The bottom case was dead empty though, looks like they pulled them.

[quote name='M1C13']Hey I didn't know anyone on here lived that close to me. I live like 5 mins from that Walmart. Yesterday I went to about 4 targets and 4 walmarts in the northern cincinnati area and I finally got one at the florence, KY target thanks to $hady.[/quote] I work close to that Walmart and checked there yesterday and today during my lunch break.

Anyway, good to know you checked some other Walmarts and Targets. Now I know not to get antsy and start shopping two days too late.

EDIT: Wow. Awesome screens there, $hady. That guy is my new best friend. steel mii teh leet rarz.

[quote name='$hady']LMAO he replies again......

:roll:

Yes I am an asshole and yes you were asking for it..........[/quote]
I hope this isn't the kind of lowlife trash that added publicity will drag into the site (not you $hady, just to be clear). If I were you PimpitySnicket, I'd leave now and never come back. Asshole.

Theres probably still some at the Meijer near me, but I have mine reserved at GameStop, which is much closer to me then any other places so I always go there for everything. I feel really guilty about the idea of going in there for games and accessories for the DS, not to mention actually getting a refund on that $25, not sure I could look em in the eye. Not that I'm in any hurry to get one, I mean I want one, I've been looking forward to getting one, it will be my first handheld ever... but thats still not motivating me to go check it out.

meh. can't play it outside like everyone said you could...looks like I'll get another during the winter. the brightness is nice but not $140 after tax nice (or *gasp* $250-300 :shock: ) the sound is fixed though, so that's cool. the touch screen is also more sensitive..makes the Osu spinning wheel easier :)

that's my jaded ass review from a JAG (jaded ass gamer.)

went to two targets and one walmart yesterday, no luck... then i read that sears is doing it too... ordered one online, saw one by me says it's ready for pick-up, went there... they actually have two, one from my online order... i wanted to buy the other one, they scanned it and on the monitor, it says "do not sell"... the guy made a phone call, after 10 minutes, he found out that they're not suppose to sell it until june 16th... but since I made the purchase online already, they gave me the other one and locked the other one until june 16th... before i even went there this afternoon, they took it off sears.com...

I already pre-ordered online, and since I'm in no rush... I will be selling this one... (of course for a profit)

FYI, since there are a few San Diegans posting here . . .

This morning, I called the Sears Essentials in Mission Valley and they had them, but said there was a hold on them. The Sears Essentials on Clairemont Mesa Blvd. said they didn't have any.

I ordered online from Sears.com and received an email confirmation for pick-up at the store on Clairemont Mesa Blvd. When I got there they said they tried to call me to cancel the order and a cancelling email had been sent.

It took awhile, but I walked out of there with a Nintendo DS Lite!

[quote name='tagakweens']went to two targets and one walmart yesterday, no luck... then i read that sears is doing it too... ordered one online, saw one by me says it's ready for pick-up, went there... they actually have two, one from my online order... i wanted to buy the other one, they scanned it and on the monitor, it says "do not sell"... the guy made a phone call, after 10 minutes, he found out that they're not suppose to sell it until june 16th... but since I made the purchase online already, they gave me the other one and locked the other one until june 16th... before i even went there this afternoon, they took it off sears.com...

I already pre-ordered online, and since I'm in no rush... I will be selling this one... (of course for a profit)[/QUOTE]

Of course...

[quote name='Apossum']meh. can't play it outside like everyone said you could...looks like I'll get another during the winter. the brightness is nice but not $140 after tax nice (or *gasp* $250-300 :shock: ) the sound is fixed though, so that's cool. the touch screen is also more sensitive..makes the Osu spinning wheel easier :)

that's my jaded ass review from a JAG (jaded ass gamer.)[/QUOTE]

What about the sound is better? I think mine is just fine, personally.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']What about the sound is better? I think mine is just fine, personally.[/QUOTE]

it's clearer. the old DS was pretty buzzy and trebley when you turned it all the way up.

I was able to pick one up tonight in chandler arizona at the target on arizona and warner. They had 5 left in the case when I bought mine.

[quote name='tagakweens']went to two targets and one walmart yesterday, no luck... then i read that sears is doing it too... ordered one online, saw one by me says it's ready for pick-up, went there... they actually have two, one from my online order... i wanted to buy the other one, they scanned it and on the monitor, it says "do not sell"... the guy made a phone call, after 10 minutes, he found out that they're not suppose to sell it until june 16th... but since I made the purchase online already, they gave me the other one and locked the other one until june 16th... before i even went there this afternoon, they took it off sears.com...

I already pre-ordered online, and since I'm in no rush... I will be selling this one... (of course for a profit)[/QUOTE]

don't spend the whole $20 in one place.

[quote name='RMG007']FYI, since there are a few San Diegans posting here . . .

This morning, I called the Sears Essentials in Mission Valley and they had them, but said there was a hold on them. The Sears Essentials on Clairemont Mesa Blvd. said they didn't have any.

I ordered online from Sears.com and received an email confirmation for pick-up at the store on Clairemont Mesa Blvd. When I got there they said they tried to call me to cancel the order and a cancelling email had been sent.

It took awhile, but I walked out of there with a Nintendo DS Lite![/quote]

:bomb:

It seems I'm the only person who didn't receive any email from sears after ordering. Just my fucken shitty luck.

[quote name='RMG007']FYI, since there are a few San Diegans posting here . . .

It took awhile, but I walked out of there with a Nintendo DS Lite![/quote]

Damn. I wish I had tried this method before the DS Lite disappeared from the Sears website.

I have two quick questions for the ones that could get the DS lite US:

1 - has anybody tried using the M3 adapter + Passkey2 with the DS lite US version ?

2 - does it work ?

Please send me a PM - Thanks.

I already pre-ordered online, and since I'm in no rush... I will be selling this one... (of course for a profit)[/quote]

How much do you want for it? I'm local and would pick it up ASAP.

AIM - Goldfingiz

Mine is Pre-ordered and Paid in Full with trade-ins at Gamestop close to me (Plus insurance)

Some of you guys are pretty lucky and should give yourself a pat on the back :applause: .

2nd to last DS at the South Gate Target store yesterday around 630p... Thanks CAG! for the INFO! There was a line at the checkout!!! Good Luck to everyone else, I enjoy the DS... I wish the sound was louder but hey I can deal!

Santa Ana, CA - (Bristol and 17th in sunny Orange County)

SCORE! Stopped in this morning and none on shelf. Spoke with a few people who were extremely nice and they checked the back and return with 10. They're all in the display now and none left in back so if its gone then its gone.

Major Disappointment: No wriststrap on the US DS Lites. The JPN version comes with a nice looking all white strap (no thumb strap though) and the US one has nothing. Why does Japan hate us?

Update: I was attaching my old DS strap and noticed that the thumbstrap part will probably scratch the hell out of the glossy finish so this just makes things worse. Why the hell couldnt they give us that 4cent thumbstrap that the JPN models got?

[quote name='pklomboy']2nd to last DS at the South Gate Target store yesterday around 630p... Thanks CAG! for the INFO! There was a line at the checkout!!! Good Luck to everyone else, I enjoy the DS... I wish the sound was louder but hey I can deal![/quote]
Damn south gate Target
I called yesterday and they said they didn't have any!:bomb:
Same thing today!:bomb:
Its like I have to camp out there. Please post ASAP if anyone finds a lite here again.

[quote name='$hady']Did you steal yours like me and PimpitySnicket did? NO, ur not cool like we are it's cool to steal.......... :dunce: :rofl:

This kid is a classy lil dude, I pray he tries my methods! :D[/quote]

Pimpbitch whatever your name is, it's god damn fuckin pieces of trash like you who fuckin ruin it for normal people you fuckin lil jerk i hope you fuckin die! I just opened a ink cartridge I bought the other day "new and sealed" from the store and the fuckin silver bag has been cut with a knife and the sticker reattached to a EMPTY AND DRY ink cart. I fuckIN HATE THIEVES! Now I got no ink to print my Ebay labels so I gotta go to the psot office and I gotta go look like a liar and criminal and ask for another ink cartridge since some asshole stole and resealed this one. I bought the wrong # cart one time and they gave me 40 kinds of hell to return it actually untouched how the hell did this jerk reseal then return........... ARGHHHHHHH :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='mini.boss']Santa Ana, CA - (Bristol and 17th in sunny Orange County)

SCORE! Stopped in this morning and none on shelf. Spoke with a few people who were extremely nice and they checked the back and return with 10. They're all in the display now and none left in back so if its gone then its gone.

Major Disappointment: No wriststrap on the US DS Lites. The JPN version comes with a nice looking all white strap (no thumb strap though) and the US one has nothing. Why does Japan hate us?

Update: I was attaching my old DS strap and noticed that the thumbstrap part will probably scratch the hell out of the glossy finish so this just makes things worse. Why the hell couldnt they give us that 4cent thumbstrap that the JPN models got?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I was hoping for the wrist strap too. So I went to nintendo site last night and bought one for $6 shipped.

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...94&lastAction=CategoryDisplay&orderTotal=null

sorry for the freakishly long URL

Hey mini.boss, thanks for the tip. I got one reserved for me (only two left after mine). Don't know if I'll get it for sure (I can't pick it up immediately) but I should be able to get it.

i just called every single Santa Ana Target and 2 of them didnt have em, one said that there was a customer wanting one right now, but they aren't selling them til June 11th

all the DS lite talk gave me DS lite fever. i ended up paying 199 for an ice blue import DS lite at a local toy store since i couldnt find any DS lites around my area.

[quote name='Darwin23']all the DS lite talk gave me DS lite fever. i ended up paying 199 for an ice blue import DS lite at a local toy store since i couldnt find any DS lites around my area.[/QUOTE]

Not that I'm condoning such rash action, but at least you got a unique color for the extra expense.

[quote name='Darwin23']all the DS lite talk gave me DS lite fever. i ended up paying 199 for an ice blue import DS lite at a local toy store since i couldnt find any DS lites around my area.[/quote]
If I won't get one on the oficial release date because of all them get soldout really fast that's a workaround for me to bring a DS Lite to Brazil when I flight back home... :bouncy:

I just scored one yesterday at the Sears in Orlando, FL by the Fasion Square Mall. Check out their website and do the In Store pickup:cool:

I just listened to the IGN Week-In-Review podcast (they've got nothing on Cheapy and Wombat) and Craig Harris -- one of the few IGN editors I respect -- was waxing rhapsodic about the Lite. Only made me want it more. They also pointed out how no one's really discussed the fact that the regular DS is being unofficially discontinued, which fits with the gaping holes we've all been seeing. Looks like the Lite will be the only game in town from here on out.

Madskills, where do you live? I live in Marlboro, and I checked the Target in Manalapan... None there... They won't sell it until the 11th.

I'm about to call Sears in the Freehold Raceway Mall and see what they've got.

[quote name='pie man']Madskills, where do you live? I live in Marlboro, and I checked the Target in Manalapan... None there... They won't sell it until the 11th.

I'm about to call Sears in the Freehold Raceway Mall and see what they've got.[/QUOTE]
Been all around the Monmouth area... Nothing. Checked Sears in Freehold mall, Target Manalapan, Freehold mall stores, and Freehold Walmart. Nothing.

I spoke to the gamespot people in COLMA, CA, and they said Walmart and Targets are breaking the law and will be fined by Nintendo as much as $1000 for every NDSLite they sold. My local Targets don't have them too. (SF and Bay area, CA USA)

[quote name='schuerm26']There are a couple DS Lites at my walmart. If anyone is interested PM Me.[/QUOTE]

You may want to point out what state you live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back