I just bought a DS Lite from Target! Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='eddieness']so can anyone answer my question about the what the voltage range for the adapter is?[/quote]

Yeah, it doesn't work with 220. Buy a converter.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Motherfucker. They better be selling these goddamn next Sunday none of this ship date bullshit.

I know the Wal*Mart near me has these and just won't sell them to me. I saw the shipment and now whenever I call up acting as a different character they give me a different line. 'We don't have them/I don't know when we can sell them/Didn't you call this morning?/etc./etc.'[/QUOTE]

Yep, yep. Same thing happened to me.

Although I got my DS Lite at Target yesterday using the trick that was already mentioned, I was at a Meijer today and found they had about 5 of them in the glass case beside the other DS's.

Meijer
Beavercreek 3822 Colonel Glenn Hwy
Fairborn , OH 45324
(937) 426-7400

This is the one beside Wright State Univ.

[quote name='Erving']I couldn't get one since they said they didnt have them yet but Im getting one tuesday[/quote]

How and where are you getting it on Tuesday?

I was able to get one at the Target in Baton Rouge, Louisiana off of Siegen Lane.
Used the dcpi trick. Lucky for me the electronics girl was on lunch and they did not have any regular ds on the floor. Man is the screen bright

Not having much luck in NW Ohio. Plan on cruising through Fremont, Sandusky, and Port Clinton to hit up the major suspects on Tuesday.

[quote name='Tyvan']How and where are you getting it on Tuesday?[/quote]
wal mart told me they're selling them the 6th(tuesday)

[quote name='Erving']wal mart told me they're selling them the 6th(tuesday)[/quote]

Good Luck. The Walmarts in my area have the boxes marked with a big ass June 11th Sticker.
Has there been any news of Walmart moving it up to the 6th? Maybe I should check again Tuesday myself.
Thanx for the info Erving!

yeah, I heard other people saying their wal marts were saying the 6th as well so when mine said the same it added a little bit more validity but I'm not getting too excited yet.

[quote name='cursor101']My Walmart has reported the 6th as well. They had better deliver as that is the first place I'm going to check.[/quote]
Did they tell you this in person? They told me the 6th over the phone.

[quote name='2poor']I just picked one up from Target using snood's method. THANKS SNOOD![/quote]
Could you explain how it went down? I might try this.

[quote name='Erving']Could you explain how it went down? I might try this.[/quote]
Well I walked around Target looking for an employee with one of those machine things to use to scan items. I asked her "Could you check if there's an item in stock for me please?"

Then you tell them you have the item number, which is 207 01 0007. She called the back and they said they had it.

Then she went into the back and got me the DS Lite. I thought it was over when they rang it up at the electronics section! I got it even though the Target was already reported as a No Go Target in the SoCal DS Lite thread.

[quote name='2poor']Well I walked around Target looking for an employee with one of those machine things to use to scan items. I asked her "Could you check if there's an item in stock for me please?"

Then you tell them you have the item number, which is 207 01 0007. She called the back and they said they had it.

Then she went into the back and got me the DS Lite. I thought it was over when they rang it up at the electronics section! I got it even though the Target was already reported as a No Go Target in the SoCal DS Lite thread.[/QUOTE]

Which store?

[quote name='Law_Professor']So it's a go for June 6th @ Wal-Mart? I'm too lazy to call.[/quote]
just try a couple of wal marts on the 6th, you might get lucky.

I guess I'll try snood's Target method, I checked Target on Friday, but I didn't see any out on the shelves, but I also didn't bother asking if there were any in the back

Tried Snood's method at 2 targets. First store said they didn't have it in stock and the guy at the second store sounded a little shakey after I read him the number.

"uh uh uh Nintendo ds lite uh uh uh we don't have it in stock."

He sounded Mexican so I dono if it was just him or if it was because he didn't know what to say since the computer probably said not to sell it.

[quote name='Tyvan']Don't get your hopes up for a 6th release date from walmart guys. Even the walmart webpage shows June 11th.[/quote]
Yeah, i'd say the June 6th report is either a mistaken employee, the date on the Nintendo Brain Age box or the store just trying to get you out of their hair for a few days. The best bet really is to just sit tight and not think about the DS Lite, or just be persistant going every day and hoping a worker didn't read the memo.

Either way, I am so glad I found mine and don't have to waste any more gas.

[quote name='Tyvan']Don't get your hopes up for a 6th release date from walmart guys. Even the walmart webpage shows June 11th.[/QUOTE]

is the walmart website even linked to the stores? i've seen games like infected go for $39.99 but was actually $29.99 in stores

[quote name='Wario64']is the walmart website even linked to the stores? i've seen games like infected go for $39.99 but was actually $29.99 in stores[/quote]

No idea, but every Walmart around me (8) all say June 11th. And like I said before, I saw the red stickers on the boxes that read NO SALE UNTIL JUNE 11th. So unless that has changed, it's a no go around me.

Originally Posted by Z-Saber
Ohio CAGs, listen up!

Called Target. They had it in the back.

Arrive at Target. No one around in electronics (as usual). Push shiny red button.

Old dude shows up. With the computer gun thing.

Show him that there aren't any Lites in the case. Tell him the number (actually inadvertantly memorized it... good thing I did). Says it's in the back.

Wait.

Wait.

Puts about seven DS Lites in the case. Sells me one.

The Target on Princeton Rd. in Hamilton/Fairfield Township.

Have fun.

Yeah thanks for that, I tried ur method at a closer Target, but they didn't have any, so i just drove all the way over there and snagged the last one!

Now i just gotta figure out what to do about that adapter for my trip to china....

Hi all, I picked up a second one using SNOOD's method (THANKS) if anyone is interested. I did open it very very carefully with no damage to the box (and you have to look closely to see any evidence of opening on the clear seal). In any case, it worked and I noticed only one slightly "off" pixel on the lower touch screen. The one I have has has a similar pixel on the upper screen and I would not consider it return worthy.

I'm just going to return it.

-frap

Edit: Removed offer quoted below.

[quote name='Erving']Did they tell you this in person? They told me the 6th over the phone.[/quote]

I was told this in person. To paraphrase "They're in a large sealed box labeled June 6th". I've had more than one employee tell me the 6th was the day to be there and I've had one tell me the 11th.

[quote name='frap']Hi all, I picked up a second one using SNOOD's method (THANKS) if anyone is interested. I did open it very very carefully with no damage to the box (and you have to look closely to see any evidence of opening on the clear seal). In any case, it worked and I noticed only one slightly "off" pixel on the lower touch screen. The one I have has has a similar pixel on the upper screen and I would not consider it return worthy.

If you're interested, PM me. To make it worth my while, I'll have to get $165 shipped, priority mail, payable by non-credit card paypal. If there's no response I'll just return it. I apologize if this is deemed to be in the wrong forum, moderators please delete if this is a problem.

-frap[/quote]
Sure, charge us $30 extra for your own profit for an opened, dead pixel DS Lite. Whatever makes it "worth your while." :roll: Or you could be a decent CAG and sell it to a fellow CAG for price + shipping. Afterall, you only have it due to another CAG.

But whatever, it's your DS Lite.

With tax, he is only making $15. The DS was prob. $138, and $165 through paypal turns into $158 or so. Not to mention he still has to ship it. Regardless, it comes out in 1 week, maybe earlier.

[quote name='gizmogc']With tax, he is only making $15. The DS was prob. $138, and $165 through paypal turns into $158 or so. Not to mention he still has to ship it. Regardless, it comes out in 1 week, maybe earlier.[/quote]

Yeah seriously. If you can't get it early from Target or where ever don't waste extra money buying it from somebody trying to make an extra buck off an early Lite.

[quote name='2poor']Yeah seriously. If you can't get it early from Target or where ever don't waste extra money buying it from somebody trying to make an extra buck off an early Lite.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It should be easy enough to get one next week. It looks like many stores are well stocked and ready to go for next Sunday.

-frap

Hey I used to work at the starbucks in that target. I live seriously 2 mins away. I might have to go over there. I called Last wednesday and they thought I was looking for a LIGHT for the nintendo DS, like to play in the dark, I knew the people there were stupid but not that stupid.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Ohio CAGs, listen up!

Called Target. They had it in the back.

Arrive at Target. No one around in electronics (as usual). Push shiny red button.

Old dude shows up. With the computer gun thing.

Show him that there aren't any Lites in the case. Tell him the number (actually inadvertantly memorized it... good thing I did). Says it's in the back.

Wait.

Wait.

Puts about seven DS Lites in the case. Sells me one.

The Target on Princeton Rd. in Hamilton/Fairfield Township.

Have fun.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I used the "JETFIRE714" code system. 207 01 0007 is the magic word y'all. Call 'em up, see if they have it, and proceed from there as you please.[/QUOTE]
I used to work at the starbucks in that target. I seriously live 2 mins away. I might go over there later and see what I can do. I called there last Wednesday but when I told them Nintendo DS Lite they thought I wanted a Light, like to play in the dark, Anyway I knew the people at that target were stupid but not that stupid.

[quote name='M1C13']I used to work at the starbucks in that target. I seriously live 2 mins away. I might go over there later and see what I can do. I called there last Wednesday but when I told them Nintendo DS Lite they thought I wanted a Light, like to play in the dark, Anyway I knew the people at that target were stupid but not that stupid.[/quote]
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :lol::lol::lol:
It's funny to see that they know what products they sell...

I just tried the product number trick and eventually got with a girl in electronics that had no idea what the ds lite was. She went in the back to get one from the stock room and can out empty handed. She said the box is marked not to sell before June 6th. She said that they would be out on the shelf at 8am tomorrow. So I guess I will be getting my ds lite finally tomorrow morning. For and CAGs in central Florida its the Target in Viera, Fl.

Okay let the flood of "I got a DS on the 6th AM at the XX WalMart" flood commence :whistle2:> Plus I want to see how many pages this thread can go.

hmmm so people are reporting a 6/6/06 release date.....anybody know if Gamestop is going to being selling them tomorrow, or is this just another flub....

[quote name='Nickz123']I just tried the product number trick and eventually got with a girl in electronics that had no idea what the ds lite was. She went in the back to get one from the stock room and can out empty handed. She said the box is marked not to sell before June 6th. She said that they would be out on the shelf at 8am tomorrow. So I guess I will be getting my ds lite finally tomorrow morning. For and CAGs in central Florida its the Target in Viera, Fl.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the report. I'll probably hit up Viera tomorrow morning as well if I can't get the product number trick to work here in Orlando.

So I went to target and first this girl with a gun had no idea how to use it, but it's ok because it's her first day. She called someone else over, used the gun, and went to go grab one. Came back with a lite in her hands. She asked me "is this it for you?" and I said yes. She took it over to electronics where this girl said, in the meanest way possible, "we can't sell that till the 11th."

So, if had said I needed to get some milk as well, would she have handed to me, or would she have told me to pick it up from electronics later? I'm thinking of going to a different target tonight or going back to the same one and hope for different people.

Whats the trick to bypass the entire electronics department? I want to check out at the front.

[quote name='dragonwhacker']She took it over to electronics where this girl said, in the meanest way possible, "we can't sell that till the 11th."[/quote]
It's frustrating trying to get our hands on these things, but I have to say I feel for some of these CSRs that have to deal with the constant flood of people trying to scam an early Lite. I can't blame them for being pissy (although, it's still terrible service).

Thanks Snood! Scored one at the Whittier Target early in the morning. Try and ask the people that are actively scanning prices for other items. I asked this one girl who was scanning books (near the electronics section) and she got it right away. Try not to go later on in the day only because it seems as though the late workers have all been tipped off.

[quote name='AshesofWake']hmmm so people are reporting a 6/6/06 release date.....anybody know if Gamestop is going to being selling them tomorrow, or is this just another flub....[/quote]

My guess would be just another flub, primarily (as I think somebody might have mentioned before in the thread) because of the ads.

The ads have already been printed for Walmart and Target that'll go out this week telling everybody to show up on the 11th and get their kid a DS Lite. They have a lot more pissed off people to deal with if they sell out before the 11th and don't get more in than they do by turning us away until the 11th.

That said, of course, if they DO start selling 'em tomorrow, hey, I'll be there. ;)

From the late & wrong category:

I tried to pick up my DS Lite at Sears on Irving Park Rd this weekend. I had the "Ready to pick up email". I got the "Sorry, but the DS Lite has been cancelled, recalled, not yet for sale, on hold, and doesn't exist" line from the Sears rep. Well, at least come June 11th, I'll definitely have one waiting for me to pick up.

I also stopped by my local GameCrazy and the manager there said Nintendo didn't send them any Lites yet because they know "we'll sell them early and break the street date". All 25 of their first shipment has been paid for already, but he said they are getting another shipment Monday and Tuesday of at least 50 more each time.

On a different note, he also said Nintendo is looking for a lot of retail support for the Wii, so they are shipping as many Lites as the stores can handle. I'm guessing to build some loyalty so when the Wii comes out, stores will push that as much as they do the DS Lite.

[quote name='M1C13']I used to work at the starbucks in that target. I seriously live 2 mins away.[/quote]I haven't been to that Starbucks in a long time. Cutting back on the unnecessary purchases, sugar, fat, and caffeine.

I live within a mile of that Target.

[quote name='M1C13']I might go over there later and see what I can do.[/quote]You might be too late.

[quote name='eddieness, in reference to my post about the Princeton Rd. Target']... so i just drove all the way over there and snagged the last one![/quote]

EDIT: Actually, I just remembered that in my phone call to Target, the guy said they had around twelve in the back. The Lite that eddieness grabbed might have been the last one on display, but they could still have more in stock.

You live close enough to go by and ask, but you might need to pull off the original DCPI trick again to get some out of the stock room.

[quote name='Walt Jay']On a different note, he also said Nintendo is looking for a lot of retail support for the Wii, so they are shipping as many Lites as the stores can handle. I'm guessing to build some loyalty so when the Wii comes out, stores will push that as much as they do the DS Lite.[/QUOTE]

Yet another reason why Nintendo won't be assessing big fines on retailers for streeting the Lite early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back