I just found the most fun way to lose weight... DDR Revolution!!

GuilewasNK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
I got Dance Dance Revolution today from Toys R Us for $34.99 (w/the special controller). Man, I never had so much fun shakin my "groove thang" \:D/ (yeah, I said it). I was on that thing for a hour and got a really good workout. I can see why this is a popular game in arcades. It's really addictive.

its a video gamers way of weight loss!! or a CAG's way, save money on weight loss pills , etc. save for DDR. your all set.

Welcome to many, many months ago..

I read a story where one person had a heartattack while playing DDR.. so, uh.. don't die, and stuff.

[quote name='Scorch']Welcome to many, many months ago..

I read a story where one person had a heartattack while playing DDR.. so, uh.. don't die, and stuff.[/quote]

I'll be ok, I'm not in as good of shape as I was when I was playing basketball but I'll be fine.

I read a story where one person had a heartattack while playing DDR.. so, uh.. don't die, and stuff.[/quote]

That person had a serious congenital defect and was already living on borrowed time.

There is a site dedicated to DDR as an exercise regimen, which by no small coincidence, will sell you all the materials.

http://www.getupmove.com/

That is a cool site! Thanks for sharing it with me.My playing weight in college was 235 so I got 40 pounds to go. I am tall though so I can hide the weight pretty good (6'6"). I had some knee problems from a basketball injury that have improved over that last year or so so this is great for me.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']That is a cool site! Thanks for sharing it with me.My playing weight in college was 235 so I got 40 pounds to go. I am tall though so I can hide the weight pretty good (6'6"). I had some knee problems from a basketball injury that have improved over that last year or so so this is great for me.[/quote]
Ya, I have knee problems too. A few rounds of DDR and I am laid out.

I need to get in better shape. I already got a pad, but I need to get a new DDR game, which I'll probably do later this week.

I'm always playing DDR at the mall. This one 12 yr old kid beat Max 300 on heavy, it was awesome. (Just thought I'd shove that in).

man, i have been playing ddr for the longest time, way back to 1stmix! welcome to the craze, first, once you get better, go to the arcade and play ddr extreme, or whatever you have, because nothing compares to the arcade! also, if you dont want people calling you newb, dont call it ddr revolution...its not dance dance revolution revolution

DDR is my favorite video game series. I have been playing for a little over 3 years and I agree that it is a great way to excercise. It's the only game that doesn't seem to get boring, there is no other video game I can play for 2 hours at once and still want to keep playing.

Ultramix 2 looks like it's going to be a lot better than Ultramix 1 since it's going to have some Dancemania songs this time like Moonlight Shadow by Missing Heart (Dancemania is the CD series in Japan that Konami gets its licesned music from for the arcade versions and some Dancemania songs occasionaly show up in the US DDR games).

does microsoft make an official pad for DDR?
What is the best pad for the xbox... a link would be great. Thanks.
cause i am thinking of buying it.

I probably will pick up Extreme when it comes out.

I see a lot of people play it in the arcade and do not want to look completely dumb playing it in the arcade.

[quote name='dingly']does microsoft make an official pad for DDR?
What is the best pad for the xbox... a link would be great. Thanks.
cause i am thinking of buying it.[/quote]

Why would Microsoft make a pad? They don't make DDR, it's from Konami.

Any PS2 controller, including dance pads, can be used on the Xbox with a $10 (or less) adapter, so you have your choice of all the pads out there.

I have a miniature dance pad, about 5" square, designed for finger action. Avoids all of that exertion. I'm not kidding, it was $5 at Fry's and I just couldn't resist it as a conversation piece.

This is off topic but is DDR MAX 2 better than Ultramix? I'm just wondering which one has a better songlist. But a 12 year old kid beating MAXX 300 on heavy? Crap, i can barely beat the song on standard.

You should also look into the EyeToy if you're a PS2 user. The Groove game gives your arms a workout, too, and there is a version of DDR coming that will support the pad and EyeToy together for full body action.

Microsoft has made some noise about a camera for video conferencing to be released first in Japan but it doesn't have a date yet or any indication of US availability. This is one case where Microsoft shouldn't care if they're accused of being unoriginal when this has proven such a success for Sony and is so easily done on Xbox.

[quote name='crazytalkx']This is off topic but is DDR MAX 2 better than Ultramix? I'm just wondering which one has a better songlist. But a 12 year old kid beating MAXX 300 on heavy? Crap, i can barely beat the song on standard.[/quote]

I would say Max 2. Max 2 has some Dancemania songs (Ghosts, Let's Groove, Conga Feeling, Long Train Runnin, The Whistle Song, Lovin You, Drifting Away) which Ultramix has none of. The songlist of Ultramix is composed of mostly older Konami original songs.

In other words, Max 2 is more similar to an arcade songlist than Ultramix's list

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I probably will pick up Extreme when it comes out.

I see a lot of people play it in the arcade and do not want to look completely dumb playing it in the arcade.[/quote]

I don't think you would look dumb playing on beginner or easier levels. I was on the boardwalk last night (Ocean City, NJ) and other than me and some other guys playing on Heavy mode, everyone was on beginner mode (and some were even failing).

The first time I played DDR in the arcade was 2 years ago and that was on a 3rd Mix Korean 2 machine that didn't have beginner mode and the machine was set on an 8 difficulty (which means 2 or 3 missed steps and you fail). I go up and pick Butterfly (Upswing Mix) and fail within 5 seconds. This was in front of about 20 people too, I just decided to play again and choose an easier song.

It's great. Especially if you can get to some seven + footers on standard or heavy. I've got a friend who lost nearly 50 pounds playing it over summer.

I had it for the PS2. Then my pad broke. Then my PS2 broke. So I don't have it any more. Was DDR for the XBOX? Just curious, cause I really want it for that much.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']I had it for the PS2. Then my pad broke. Then my PS2 broke. So I don't have it any more. Was DDR for the XBOX? Just curious, cause I really want it for that much.[/quote]

Stop while your ahead....cause I think legs broke is next.

LOL!!! Yeah, my friend would come over and we'd play all night. Got really smelly.... And, for the next few days it would hurt to move.... but it was worth it...

DDR is awesome, a ton of people lose weight on it and it's really fun

if i ever get my site up i modded my pad. makes it a ton better

I actually modded my ebay "ignition" pads this week by putting a piece of 3/4" particle floor board on top of carpet padding (1/2" padding down from 1" "dense" foam) and zipped it back up. It gives it a solid feel, but has some give to it as well.

Heh, I got my pad and MAX2 like 2 months ago but I barely play it beacuse my TV and PS2 are in my room upstairs and my dad's afraid that the ceiling's gonna cave (wtf?) if I play. I'd take it downstarts but I hate disconnecting and reconnecting the system so much.

Get a PSone and the appropriate DDR version for it and keep that connected downstairs. Very low cost and the PSone is also handy for traveling.

After telling my wife about this forum - she told me she wanted to go buy it. We got it the same day - it is very fun. Does anyone know if there is a way to get music that you d/l onto your xbox to play in it? Thanks

[quote name='jall']After telling my wife about this forum - she told me she wanted to go buy it. We got it the same day - it is very fun. Does anyone know if there is a way to get music that you d/l onto your xbox to play in it? Thanks[/quote]
There isn't a way to get your music in the game as far as I know. That'd be cool though.

dude why be so anal about reposts? does it really hurt CAG that much? if so I'll pledge to buy one more game via links just to shut yours (and others) complaining up!)

the only down side of using the ps2 pad converter for xbox, is that when online, it says you are using a controller, so nobody believes you are using a pad...its just plain bad, i am looking forward to ultramix2, but my xbox is breaking down so i need a new one, and a cheap one

Am I the only person that dances with a weighted vest on? >_< Heh, I have had it for about two weeks and I can A EotC on light and get a few C's on standard...

I just got into the whole DDR craze. It's great, though. Me and my girlfriend play the thing like nearly every day, and last night, it was for about 4 hours or so. We're getting a ton of exercise from it.

We bought DDR Max, and two pads.. one is a wireless one from Pelican which I highly recommend as a soft pad, and one is a $10 one from Boscov's (haha) which is from a company called Joytech or something like that. That one isn't so good.. but it's $10.. :) So it's worth it..

ahhh DDR i love that game. actually my friend just had a party over at his house. we had a choice to play Halo or DDRmax2 and we played DDR the whole freakin time wicked fun stuff. i am getting really good at it. if you play alot at it you will get better

[quote name='el bobo']Am I the only person that dances with a weighted vest on? >_< Heh, I have had it for about two weeks and I can A EotC on light and get a few C's on standard...[/quote]
I've tried ankle weights. 5 pounds on each foot. I can pass all 9 foots with them, but 10 foots become impossible. I also get tired much faster with them, even with easier songs.

I don't know if you know this, but I will tell you anyway. If you wear ankle weights they slow your motor movements in your feet... I read this on multiple fitness sites. I just don't want anyone to get screwed up feet. >_>

I'd like to get a copy of DDR Ultramix and a couple of dance pads, but I'm new to DDR and don't know which dance pads are so good and which are no good. Aside from the metal pads, I've encountered five different ones on eBay: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Is there an official one made by Konami? If so, is it better than the third party ones? Which dance pad is best overall? I noticed a lot of the pads are PS2 pads with adapters for Xbox. Are any of the pads specifically designed for the Xbox, or does it matter?

some Pads are Specifically designed for the Xbox (it will say Xbox on the box)

the Best Cheapest mat award goes to
the Naki one cant go wrong with it 20 bucks

the exspensive one
Red Octane Mat for ps2 100 dollars

eh your choice

bread's done
Back