i just got banned from using coupons at one specific gs/eb :(

[quote name='PyroGamer']

My advice to the OP: you're going to be treated like shit as long as you don't look like your 40. Get used to it quick.[/quote]
pretty much what i was thinking.

when i lost my gift card with all the trade in credit on it, i brought him a receipt i had with the edge card account number and my name b/c i preordered something on that transaction. he told me i was screwed and could never get my credit back. the next day i called gs headquarters and they told me if i brought my receipt to any store they could look up the amount on the card and transfer it to a new card so no one who found it could spend it. so either mr. nazi a) doesnt know what hes doing or b) wanted me to be screwed out of my credit.

[quote name='monkeydeew']pretty much what i was thinking.

when i lost my gift card with all the trade in credit on it, i brought him a receipt i had with the edge card account number and my name b/c i preordered something on that transaction. he told me i was screwed and could never get my credit back. the next day i called gs headquarters and they told me if i brought my receipt to any store they could look up the amount on the card and transfer it to a new card so no one who found it could spend it. so either mr. nazi a) doesnt know what hes doing or b) wanted me to be screwed out of my credit.[/quote]

As a gs manager i can tell you that this happens so infrequently that most employees would not know what to do to solve the problem. Chances are he really believed that there was no solution. We WANT you to spend that money, we don't get credit for lost credit, only when you spend it.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Cover his mouth and nose with duct tape and leave him to di...
no... I guess it hasn't been long enough for me to joke about that.

if this pyro psycho is not getting banned, i am losing hope for humanity.
What kind of people will let somebody say something like that???

[quote name='PyroGamer']DELETED[/quote]

If this pyro psycho is not getting banned than i lost all hope for humanity.
You should be ashamed of yourself, sick bastard.

[quote name='ItsTrueItsTrue92']If you have a ton of pre-orders, just combine them all into one game that's coming out soon and be done with it. If they fit into two games then do two.[/quote]

I say Monkeydeew should pull them all and take your business elsewhere. You are allowed to get your money back from pre-orders.

[quote name='srad1968']As a gs manager i can tell you that this happens so infrequently that most employees would not know what to do to solve the problem. Chances are he really believed that there was no solution. We WANT you to spend that money, we don't get credit for lost credit, only when you spend it.[/quote]

yeah i gave him [SIZE=-1]give the benefit of the doubt, but hes def. not on the bottom of the food chain in that store so i would expect him to know better. if/when i call corporate on him, its one more thing i can add, in addition to the constant smoking near the entrance [/SIZE]

I voluntarily banned myself from GS a long time ago. xD

Hell, I voluntarily banned myself from paying full price a long time ago too.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Cover his mouth and nose with duct tape and leave him to di...

no... I guess it hasn't been long enough for me to joke about that.

My advice to the OP: you're going to be treated like shit as long as you don't look like your 40. Get used to it quick.[/quote]

I already made that joke on the first page of the thread.

[quote name='sp00ge']I think that the general time definition of "per visit" is one hour, but still, the point stands that he did nothing wrong, this time anyways.[/QUOTE]

As a privately owned business they do have a right to refuse his business however. Still... the employee sounds like a complete ass here.

^^
I would agree with that statement, but the business themselves are giving him the coupons, and then turning around and saying he can't use them.

[quote name='letsgetacid']I would agree with that statement, but the business themselves are giving him the coupons, and then turning around and saying he can't use them.[/QUOTE]

Its just the case of one jackass employee who has a stick up his ass. I wouldn't sweat it too much personally.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Its just the case of one jackass employee who has a stick up his ass. I wouldn't sweat it too much personally.[/quote]

thats what i've concluded too. i'm not even planning on reporting his dbagness to corporate or the dm, yet. ill give it a week or so and just ask him if hes off the rag yet. i picked his store pretty clean already and unless gs.com blesses us with another kick ass coupon, i dont see myself needing to drop by there anytime soon.

[quote name='monkeydeew']i think hes mad b/c i had sex with his sister? she told me she was 18, am i supposed to ask for a state id too?[/QUOTE]

Pics or it didn't happen...

[quote name='sendme']When it comes to someone being an ass for some chick always cockblock. I would have cancled all preorders and went to another store and made them there. Thats what you should have done then hit on her in front of him.[/quote]

I wholeheartedly second this one.

I would cancel all my preorders and then go place them with an online retailer such as amazon (if that was possible), if that was not possible I would take my preorders to another gamestop store or to preferably another retailer.

If you really wanted to get back at them you could stand outside the store and hand out printed coupons, meanwhile you might as well hand out a page on why not to shop at gamestop and list alternative places people can go to shop for games, as many people here know there are many reasons not to shop at gamestop.

I am notorious for standing outside of gamestop, and offering a few bucks more than they offer on used games. I've actually been removed from their parkinglot by the police on more than one visit.

However, I've learned that you can get very good games, for 5-15 dollars, that in store, you'd pay 30 for used. Usually, I end up getting 5-10 games before the assholes catch onto me and call the police, and all the police do is ask me to leave the property, so all in all, it's a worthwhile venture, at least for me lol.

LOL I've only ever made offers for a couple games near or in a Gamestop and the one time I really should've been on top of my game was when someone brought in a stack of good older Playstation games(I saw FF7,8 AND 9 in the stack). But while I pondered if I should offer something for them, the people got told they don't take trades of PS1 games and they left in a huff.

Only other time I made an offer for some games was when I bought Stubbs The Zombie and Ninja Gaiden Black from someone down the line outside a Gamestop store. I interrupted them in mid trade transaction to ask what kinda games they have.

Those are the only times I've ever done it @ Gamestop, though the one time I offered $5 for a PS2 memory card @ a local mom n pop shop, right after the owner or his assistant offered $4. Bad part is, I later on forgot to check the cases of the games I was taking back to Hollywood Video that didn't work that I bought PV and I left the fuckin $5 memory card in there. So, I guess karma kinda bit me in the ass for being a dick @ a mom n pop shop, huh?

[quote name='cranguy']Or better, offer them copies of the coupon[/QUOTE]

while that might seem like the most fun idea mentioned, i would just try to contact the district manager and file a complaint. If you can find out the clerks name that would help.

OH and when you talk to the DM, be sure to say something along the lines of " i have a lot of preorders at this store, and will cancel all of them and make sure never to do business at your store again because the employees are jerks."

or something to that effect. They will most likely give you a gift card just to keep from losing a customer who preorders a ton of games.

I never understood why GS likes their customers to preorder games, they only make a couple of dollars on selling a new game, their bread and butter is selling used games.

This thread has been cleaned of a few sick comments.

A reminder to all of you: Joking about the death/killing/murder of anyone is NOT tolerated here. Don't do it. Or you'll enjoy a short term to permanent vacation from CAG.

Complaining gets you rewarded. A month ago, I had a problem with a GS that sold me an incomplete HD-DVD drive(no cable) and then sent me out of my way to another store, after the manager(who sold it to me in the first place) said the cable was, and I quote "Unneccessary". I got a $20 GC out of it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL I was tempted to snap a digital pic of me holding onto a guide I just got from a local GS store and to send it to their DM, after the DM put down the major edict saying to 'not sell penny guides under any circumstances'. Of course, I also wasn't SOLD the guide, they just put it in my bag with my purchases and let me walk out with it.[/quote]

Wait, is this standard policy? I didn't get charged for a guide without realizing it until I got home. By that point, I didn't bother taking it back and letting them know of their mistake. I just assumed he goofed up.

bread's done
Back