I just spent $500 for Valentines Day

a mouthful of dik is the standard gift that i give on v day...and it is always received with a smile and a muffled thank you

[quote name='gaelan']a mouthful of dik is the standard gift that i give on v day...and it is always received with a smile and a muffled thank you[/quote]

In other words, you've never had a girl on Valentine's day?

I love how our male society has begun to equate romanticism with expenditure. You could buy her a $20,000 ring and be much less romantic then a man with his head on straight that bought her something she truly wants. I take my fiance to a nice dinner at our favorite restaurant, order her flowers and we get each other a small gift. You're crazy to do otherwise.

And at 17, you're not even in a long-term relationship with the woman.. You have two possibilities. A. She breaks up with you soon, you wasted $500. B. You stay together, and what do you think she'd expect for V-day next year, and the year after, etc?

Don't screw the pooch the way you're doing it, it's just a huge mistake.

[quote name='alongx'][quote name='gaelan']a mouthful of dik is the standard gift that i give on v day...and it is always received with a smile and a muffled thank you[/quote]

In other words, you've never had a girl on Valentine's day?[/quote]

well technically its usually the day AFTER v day. By the time I get drunk at the bar, take the drunk chic home, and stick my dik in her mouth its FEB 15 early a.m.

i still count that as valentines day.

[quote name='manofpeace20']I hope you known this girl for more than a year and she does great things for you in return.[/quote]

We've been going out for a lilllll' over a year.

[quote name='Drico']17 yr old with a part time job. $500.

shaq-fu me. I'm dumb.[/quote]

You could have got like 15 hookers for that much...Definitly not a cheap ass bang.

What a waste of money. You are going to break up eventually and when it happens you are going to wish you had your $500 back.

Wow, I'm engaged and I only spent like $20 on a gift + card + dinner (Friday night went out)....and possibly another dinner tonight.

$500....that's just nuts. Did you buy her a car for Xmas or her B-day?

i think its so funny how some people spend a lot of money for attention. I used to know kids where girls would ask for money and they would just give it to them to feel wanted. Thats totally lame but if your in love with this girl and SHE is in love with you and you are SURE she is then i have no problem with it. People will always hate on young love but its better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all. So what you used 500 bucks that you might lose in a year guess what? If you bought a next gen system you would have fun for a year and then lose 300 bucks because of price drops. In the end we all die so have fun while ya can =)

[quote name='Drico'][quote name='manofpeace20']I hope you known this girl for more than a year and she does great things for you in return.[/quote]

We've been going out for a lilllll' over a year.[/quote]

You...do realize that in a year from now you'll probably have forgotten each other? Spending $500 on anyone unless you're married or on your way to being married is f'ing crazy, especially if you're in high school. I know you *think* it's a good idea and that you'll be together "4-ever", but I assure you, you won't.

I've been very, very happily married for over 2 years. If I spent $500 on V-Day shite my wife would kick my azz. It's just not necessary...in fact, to some degree, it's taking the easy way out and trying to spend your way to romance, which isn't romantic at all.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Wow, there's a lot of husbands that don't spend $500 on their wives.[/quote]

I offered to take my wife out Sat., but she said she didn't want to eat out. So I picked her up Season 3 of Smallville, which she was very happy to get. I'll prbably pick up supper on the way home tonight so she doesn't have to cook anything. Everyone has said it already, but it honestly doesn't matter how much you spend.

[quote name='gaelan'][quote name='alongx'][quote name='gaelan']a mouthful of dik is the standard gift that i give on v day...and it is always received with a smile and a muffled thank you[/quote]

well technically its usually the day AFTER v day. By the time I get drunk at the bar, take the drunk chic home, and stick my dik in her mouth its FEB 15 early a.m.

i still count that as valentines day.[/quote]

In other words, you're 15 and never had a girl on Valentine's Day?

[quote name='RichD1'][quote name='gaelan'][quote name='alongx'][quote name='gaelan']a mouthful of dik is the standard gift that i give on v day...and it is always received with a smile and a muffled thank you[/quote]

In other words, you're 15 and never had a girl on Valentine's Day?[/quote] :rofl:

For the OP, did you spend that much so you can just say you spent that much? It's totally different spending a considerable amount just because you know your girl will enjoy what you're giving her, but if it's just to say you spent that much then you're in trouble.

[quote name='RichD1'][quote name='gaelan'][quote name='alongx'][quote name='gaelan']a mouthful of dik is the standard gift that i give on v day...and it is always received with a smile and a muffled thank you[/quote]

In other words, you're 15 and never had a girl on Valentine's Day?[/quote]

i haven't been 15 in a while, nor have i given any girl, other than mrs. gaelan, the mouthful in a very long time. as for the guy that pissed away half a grand, unless your parents are loaded, this chic will probably be freaked out that you spent so much.

if some chic spent that much on me and wasn't loaded, i'd be looking for the nearest exit because that kind of gift has obsessed pathetic stalker written all over it. if she doesn't bolt, she's probably thinking where the nearest pawn shop is to unload the buried treasure you bought her.

anyways, good luck mr. dumas and happy v day.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Wow, there's a lot of husbands that don't spend $500 on their wives.[/quote]

^ obviously not married.

[quote name='SteveMcQ'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='gaelan'][quote name='alongx'][quote name='gaelan']a mouthful of dik is the standard gift that i give on v day...and it is always received with a smile and a muffled thank you[/quote]

In other words, you're 15 and never had a girl on Valentine's Day?[/quote] :rofl:

For the OP, did you spend that much so you can just say you spent that much? It's totally different spending a considerable amount just because you know your girl will enjoy what you're giving her, but if it's just to say you spent that much then you're in trouble.[/quote]

No, and I obviously don't plan on telling her how much it costed... I'm usually just a cheap ass (why else would I be here?) and I figured I'd buy something nice for her this time. It hit me about 5 minutes after purchasing it... that it was alot of money... :eek: :eek:

And no, my parents aren't loaded. I live with my mom in public housing, if that tells you anything. I really don't think she sees my as a stalker type, considering we've been together for over a year. (hey thats a long time for someone my age :p)

[quote name='Drico']And no, my parents aren't loaded. I live with my mom in public housing[/quote]

It was stupid before but this makes it off the charts stupid. Poor people should know the value of a dollar.... or maybe that's the reason you become poor in the first place... I don't know... What I do know is that I make a very comfortable living and I wouldn't spend $500 on my wife EVER. It's just a waste.

if you want to prove that she deserves the expensive gift, give her a card and make like it is all she's getting. if she is cool, then she deserves the extra. if she flips out because you only got her a card, then return the expensive gift cause she obvisously isn't worth it.

Hrm. I spent...

120 + 40 + 80 + 150 = 390 (sorry wasn't bragging, just doing the math realtime =) )

And that was taking my girl to hawaii last week... =D

[quote name='nikkai']Hrm. I spent...

120 + 40 + 80 + 150 = 390 (sorry wasn't bragging, just doing the math realtime =) )

And that was taking my girl to hawaii last week... =D[/quote]

i don't think spending $$ on women is totally bad, but only if you have it to spend. i'd love to live the life of a rock star with my lady, but i don't have a rock star income...yet. the OP is 17 working part time spending $500 on a gf of one year, and that is just (insert negative opinion).

[quote name='argyle'][quote name='RedvsBlue']Wow, there's a lot of husbands that don't spend $500 on their wives.[/quote]

I offered to take my wife out Sat., but she said she didn't want to eat out. So I picked her up Season 3 of Smallville, which she was very happy to get. I'll prbably pick up supper on the way home tonight so she doesn't have to cook anything. Everyone has said it already, but it honestly doesn't matter how much you spend.[/quote]

I know that the amount you spend doesn't matter. What I was getting at more was the fact that this is a high school kid spending $500 for valentine's and the relationship probably won't last, whereas a marriage is a little more permanent and a lot of times people don't spend that much.

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='argyle'][quote name='RedvsBlue']Wow, there's a lot of husbands that don't spend $500 on their wives.[/quote]

I offered to take my wife out Sat., but she said she didn't want to eat out. So I picked her up Season 3 of Smallville, which she was very happy to get. I'll prbably pick up supper on the way home tonight so she doesn't have to cook anything. Everyone has said it already, but it honestly doesn't matter how much you spend.[/quote]

I know that the amount you spend doesn't matter. What I was getting at more was the fact that this is a high school kid spending $500 for valentine's and the relationship probably won't last, whereas a marriage is a little more permanent and a lot of times people don't spend that much.[/quote]

yeah, but you have to take into account that he wrote "2 gether 4 evar" on his dawson's creek trapper keeper. that's gotta count for something.

[quote name='Drico']I got a teddy, candy, Best Buy giftcard, and laid twice, if anyone was wondering![/quote]

teddy - $20
candy- $10
BBGC - $25?
Laid - $50x2=100

assuming the $25 GCard, you still need $345 worth of loving goodness to break even. j/k

cograts on the double lay, i passed out before i could collect my vday goodies.

Sure. Technically I didn't spend that much more than I should have, because like I said, I've skimped on other occassions, so this just kinda made up for it.

Edit: 501 posts! w00t!

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='Drico']And no, my parents aren't loaded. I live with my mom in public housing[/quote]

It was stupid before but this makes it off the charts stupid. Poor people should know the value of a dollar.... or maybe that's the reason you become poor in the first place... I don't know... What I do know is that I make a very comfortable living and I wouldn't spend $500 on my wife EVER. It's just a waste.[/quote]

Same here. I do very well for myself and I couldn't see spending this much on my girlfriend. I wonder how long the OP's relationship will last? It seems like most relationships don't last very long when you are in your teens.

Hope that the 500 bucks was worth it... I've been with my girlfriend for 13 months now (we're both 20) and I only spent about 100 dollars total on dinner, flowers, and a custom made teddy bear.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Well, looks like you made out pretty decently. Was it worth the 500 clams?[/quote]

No clams, just crabs...

I've known my gf for a year now and all I spent was $5. I got her a pink and white carnation and a bottle of sparkling grape juice...

She cooked me steak and we had lots of sex... I think I win :wink:

Went I was at the store I saw all these guys buying huge boquets... If you can't do it with one can you really do it with 30?

If anyone here has seen six days seven nights its like what Harrison Ford said. "You're expecting an island to be romantic? Its an island. If you didn't bring it, you wont find it"

besides, what kind of half assed husband/boyfriend only shows love for his woman one day a year?

[quote name='Kayden']I've known my gf for a year now and all I spent was $5. I got her a pink and white carnation and a bottle of sparkling grape juice...

Went I was at the store I saw all these guys buying huge boquets... If you can't do it with one can you really do it with 30?

If anyone here has seen six days seven nights its like what Harrison Ford said. "You're expecting an island to be romantic? Its an island. If you didn't bring it, you wont find it"

besides, what kind of half a**ed husband/boyfriend only shows love for his woman one day a year?[/quote]

That last line is why Mel Gibson doesn't like Valentine's Day. He says his wife deserves to be treated that way every day.

[quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='Kayden']I've known my gf for a year now and all I spent was $5. I got her a pink and white carnation and a bottle of sparkling grape juice...

besides, what kind of half a**ed husband/boyfriend only shows love for his woman one day a year?[/quote]

That last line is why Mel Gibson doesn't like Valentine's Day. He says his wife deserves to be treated that way every day.[/quote]
Hes supposed to be a really devout catholic with 18 some odd kids...
I find it odd that hes the religious type because he gets put in a lot of promiscuous/non-pious roles. i love his acting though. I don't think hes ever done a bad movie... well... signs was crap, but he was great in it. Harrison Ford always does awesome flicks too.

I hear the sound of a thread being derailed.

Harrison Ford > Mel Gibson.
Han Solo > Mad Max.
'Nuff Said.
/geek

bread's done
Back