I learned my lesson last 2 generations, no more Greatest Hits.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Also Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution. The greatest hits version is so vastly superior to the original VF 4 it isn't even funny.[/quote]
I prefer the original since it has the AI mode in it, which was a favorite of mine, so I can't say it's vastly superior, just more stuff than the original, not necessarily much better.

i don't know why some people CARE if someone else doesn't like the PH/GH/PC labels. i don't like them. i'm not obsessive-compulsive, i'm not some crazed collector, i have nothing against used games. i just don't like the revised label/disc. no one has to justify that, nor should anyone expect them to.

example: i hate coconut. i'm not going to type up a giant paragraph explaining why, and no one really wants me to.

people are just different. calm down.

[quote name='Riyonuk']Well the reason it bothers people is because when looking at there collection, the GH/PC sticks out. Yes we do not play the boxes, or buy games just to admire it, but it matches the rest.[/quote]

That's exactly how I feel. I have about 30 GCN games, and all of them are non-Player's Choice except for Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, and it just really looks out of place on my shelf with my other GCN games. But the game was free, so I'm not really complaining. I'm not completely opposed to GH/PH/PC games though, especially if that version has added content, fixed glitches, etc. or if the game is rare/uncommon. And like someone else said before, you'd be stupid to not pick up a game like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night that's complete and in pristine condition for $20 just because it's the GH version and/or used. And speaking of used games, I have about 60 PS2 and 30 Xbox games, nearly all of them used. All of them work just fine, and are complete as well.

[quote name='Riyonuk']Well the reason it bothers people is because when looking at there collection, the GH/PC sticks out. Yes we do not play the boxes, or buy games just to admire it, but it matches the rest.[/QUOTE]
Man, I hate it when the spines on my games use different colors or use different fonts for the titles. One's white, one's black, and another is blue! It's so distracting!

It doesnt matter if the games work fine...I dont think they sell broken used games anyways, its gotta be in pristine condition.

I'm starting to wonder...maybe if I bought used games I would have more? But how would I know Im not getting ripped off, like an extra disc that came with it or a 2nd manual? There needs to be a list somewhere...

[quote name='gaelan']fuck greatist hits...i like getting the best of platinum hits for $10. really though that whole OMG the package is silver or there is a yellow PC bar totally escapes me.[/QUOTE]

agreed, the cheaper the better

A game is simply not worth playing, touching, or looking at if it has an extra layer of color or slightly different packaging. Its just not! Original, mint, and frehs off the factory, and away from humans is the only way to go. ;););)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I prefer the original since it has the AI mode in it, which was a favorite of mine, so I can't say it's vastly superior, just more stuff than the original, not necessarily much better.[/quote]

My bad...

Vastly superior IMO. ;)

Also, as a collector, wouldn't someone want both the GH version and the black bar original?

[quote name='Riyonuk']It doesnt matter if the games work fine...I dont think they sell broken used games anyways, its gotta be in pristine condition.
[/quote]
I've actually gotten a lot (Well, more than I should get) of games that are broken when bought used. I still buy used, but I just return the broken copy and either take the money, or buy another one if they have it.

One time, I got Hot Shots Golf for the PSP, and the UMD was coming off. As in, the plastic umd was off, and the disc was by itself.:drool:

Wha? Thats just wrong, what kind world is this? And what Rozz said, I dont even wanna play the game if its GH or in bad condition, makes it feel likes its not even worth it.

[quote name='Riyonuk']Wha? Thats just wrong, what kind world is this? And what Rozz said, I dont even wanna play the game if its GH or in bad condition, makes it feel likes its not even worth it.[/quote]

Well, I was just joking around (hence the three ;)) but I definitely prefer my games to be mint. Used games are usually always scratched up (it doesent help that the employees at EB/Gamestop scratch them theirselves with inproper handling and bad placement) and only about $2-$3 less. For that much I'd rather get a pristine new copy and support the publisher/developer of the game.

Yeah, its kinda lame how there not even $5 less, I would be glad to pay an extra $5 to have peace of mind, and support the developers at the same time.

[quote name='Riyonuk']Yeah, its kinda lame how there not even $5 less, I would be glad to pay an extra $5 to have peace of mind, and support the developers at the same time.[/quote]

Same here which is why I don't buy used games, I'd prefer to support the developers (they do work hard to bring us games after all)

bread's done
Back