I need a price check...on biOTTches

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Temporaryscars']What a lush!

Anyway, my Saints Row character looked like K-Fed. And you've all already seen my Oblivion character.[/quote]
Werd. You do desperate things when you run out of whisky and beer. :lol:

And I dont recall seeing your Oblivion character. I cant imagine it looked like you. I dont remember the customization options being too in depth.

EDIT: I think I'll break out CoD4 since it seems to be the game everyone on my friends list plays.

If anyone wants to do some COD4, send me an invite.

They should have had your allies chatter on the headset in the campaign. That would have been ABAP.

[quote name='Maklershed']And I dont recall seeing your Oblivion character. I cant imagine it looked like you. I dont remember the customization options being too in depth.

EDIT: I think I'll break out CoD4 since it seems to be the game everyone on my friends list plays.[/quote]

What kind of crackballs are you hopped up on, hair shedder? Thing had the most in depth character options I've ever seen (at least facially). 17,000,000 sliders for nose shape/size/etc alone. And I dare say, mine looks close enough to me, facially at least -- the hair is off cause the options in that department were rather limited. But they had an option for balding, so you'd have been all set. :razz:

Here he is. Last time I posted him, somebody said he looked like Mike Bolton from Office Space.

PICT0099.jpg
Mikhale.jpg

Time for another rousing game of "Make Fun of Darthbudge and his screwed up life as he ponders what direction to go in life!"

So this summer I am turning 16 and I have had several friends offer to teach me trades and employ me, here are some of my options, I just wanted to see what the other OTTers thought.

Locksmithing:

I have a friend who is a lock smith and has offered to teach me his trade,it sounds like a cool thing to know and would in the medium term make the most amount of money, however it would be awhile before I actually started making money.

TV repairman:

I have a friends dad who has offered to teach me how to be a TV Repairman, mostly what I would be doing in the begining is carrying TVs for him and fetching tools, but I would learn how to do it. He also has expressed interest in starting computer repair also. Also for this, he getting older and would like to retire soon, however none of his sons or daughters want to continue his trade and he has alot of customers in the area still and has said before he really would want someone to continue his business. This wouldn't pay much, but I would start getting paid quicker and I am already familiar with electronics repair.

Construction:

I have a friend who works in construction and has offered to teach me that, however this will be mostly hard grunt work. It would start paying quickly but it is hard work and won't make much in the long run, however there is alot of useful knowledge in this field that I could learn.

I could do one of those or I could get a regular retail job or something. What do you OTTers think?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Here he is. Last time I posted him, somebody said he looked like Mike Bolton from Office Space.

PICT0099.jpg
Mikhale.jpg
[/QUOTE]
That's what every human in Oblivion looks like.

I wouldnt consider tv repairman. The locksmith and construction sound ok though. Locksmith might be the better choice as its kind of a skilled thing. Laborers / construction workers are a dime a dozen unless you plan to be specialized in something.

Locksmithing if you like to be a dick to people and working all hours.

Tv Repairman if you like to be a dick to people and if you like to lie.

Construction worker if you like long stretches of time off, sleeping in a hotel room with 5 other guys, and having multiple brushes with death per day.

[quote name='zewone']That's what every human in Oblivion looks like.[/quote]

Please don't tell me that. I spent two hours making him. :bomb:

[quote name='Maklershed']I wouldnt consider tv repairman. The locksmith and construction sound ok though. Locksmith might be the better choice as its kind of a skilled thing. Laborers / construction workers are a dime a dozen unless you plan to be specialized in something.[/quote]

Like in WWZ? Darth will be very valuable.

[quote name='darthbudge']Time for another rousing game of "Make Fun of Darthbudge and his screwed up life as he ponders what direction to go in life!"

So this summer I am turning 16 and I have had several friends offer to teach me trades and employ me, here are some of my options, I just wanted to see what the other OTTers thought.

Locksmithing:

I have a friend who is a lock smith and has offered to teach me his trade,it sounds like a cool thing to know and would in the medium term make the most amount of money, however it would be awhile before I actually started making money.

TV repairman:

I have a friends dad who has offered to teach me how to be a TV Repairman, mostly what I would be doing in the begining is carrying TVs for him and fetching tools, but I would learn how to do it. He also has expressed interest in starting computer repair also. Also for this, he getting older and would like to retire soon, however none of his sons or daughters want to continue his trade and he has alot of customers in the area still and has said before he really would want someone to continue his business. This wouldn't pay much, but I would start getting paid quicker and I am already familiar with electronics repair.

Construction:

I have a friend who works in construction and has offered to teach me that, however this will be mostly hard grunt work. It would start paying quickly but it is hard work and won't make much in the long run, however there is alot of useful knowledge in this field that I could learn.

I could do one of those or I could get a regular retail job or something. What do you OTTers think?[/quote]
Locksmithing:

Excellent trade to learn. However, there is a TON of liability associated with it. For example, if you accidentally scratch a car door, or bust a window. Or if an ex-wife wants let into her ex-husband's house. Or if a husband and wife are separated, but still married and you let her in, then you can get sued by the husband. Probably wouldn't go far, but still something you have to worry about. Another plus for it, however, is the possibility of seeing a hot naked chick locked outside of her house. :)

TV Repairman:

First question would be, what kind of TVs? Because if you don't learn how to fix LCDs/Plasmas and the like, then you will be screwed in a few years (if you plan on keeping this job for a while).

Construction worker:

Like you said, a lot of good learnin' to be had, but a lot of hard work too. Although, you have the potential to get into great shape. And I know a lot of people that make a good living off of construction work. Not to mention the fact that everytime I see a construction worker, they seem to always be on their, "break."

Anyway, my quick, uneducated, opinion on the subject.

I can see where this XP thing could be addicting. So you use the points eventually to buy skills or something? Or does it all unlock automatically based on what weapon you use?

XP levels you up, and stuff is unlocked at every level, wubb.

You can complete challenges to upgrade your weapons and get large bundles of XP.

[quote name='wubb']I can see where this XP thing could be addicting. So you use the points eventually to buy skills or something? Or does it all unlock automatically based on what weapon you use?[/quote]
XP raises your level up to 55. As you level up your gain weapons and challenges. Look under "Barracks" to find your challenges. Challenges give you XP. Weapon challenges (which are usually get X amount of kills with weapon Y and get X amount of headshots with weapon Y) give you add-ons to said weapon. For example, getting 25 kills with a weapon unlocks a red dot sight on most weapons so you don't have to use the less-accurate iron sights.

OVerall I find it really addicting, and once you cap out at level 55 you can enter a prestige mode where you basically revert everything to level 1. I plan on doing that so the game stays fresh, but I'm only at level 30 right now.

I'mma go start Bioshock. I'll be back in a bit to check in about getting a COD match going.

Any of those jobs sound good to me budge, although I'd maybe nix TV repair man. I see that as a shrinking field. Now if you'll learn skills there that would apply to general electronics, etc. maybe.

Construction pays good money. Hell you get your foot in there and end up becoming a master electrician, plumber, etc or starting up your own drywall business. All kinds of ways to parlay construction into something bigger.

The guy's 16, he ain't picking a career. I didn't have much of a job at 16.

I'd probably go with whatever paid the best unless you think one of them would be more enjoyable for you than the others.

I'd suggest lifeguarding to budge like I did to Rocko, but I don't think his town has a pool anywhere. Or people worth guarding, for that matter.

[quote name='Rocko']When Bioshock tells me to save, is something big coming up?

This game is weird as fuck.[/QUOTE]
It scares the shit outta me. I can't watch anyone play it and I'd near have a heart-attack if I played it.

[quote name='Rocko']When Bioshock tells me to save, is something big coming up?

This game is weird as fuck.[/quote]
It only tells you that once -- it's kind of part of the tutorial so to speak -- so you know how to save during the game, rather then only when you move from section to section. (autosave)

[quote name='AngellicLulu']It scares the shit outta me. I can't watch anyone play it and I'd near have a heart-attack if I played it.[/quote]

But you're missing out. It's fucking righteous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back