I need a PS3 Guitar controller

AllFrankedUp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
These things are rediculous online. No one carries them in store anymore. Even craigslist is showing me no love. Any ideas guys? Not really looking to pay more than 20. I even stopped by a vintage game store today and they said they can't keep them in stock.

Where did all this demand come from for them? Didn't gamestop throw like 8 million of them in the dumpster a few years back?

Thrift stores are your only real option nowadays, as it is hard to find these controllers in good working condition for $20 or less on the resale market.  The other thing that makes the PS3 controllers pricey is that you will need both the guitar controller and the wireless dongle receiver, which it seems like there are more lost dongles out there than there are loose guitars.

The demand comes not just from the lack of production, but mainly from the fact that people will wear out the strum bars to death, which is one of the fastest controller failures ever (even faster than the N64 analog stick issues).

But keep your eye out for thrift stores, I just recently picked up a Rock Band Fender Stratocaster Sunburst for PS3 for $3 bucks (no wireless dongle though), and have done so a few times in the past year.  That is about the price you will pay at thrift stores (perhaps around $10 on the high side in some areas).

Good luck with your hunting!

its a shame you don't live in DE, i have 2 mint in box GH5 PS3 guitars in my game room, i've used one and the other is just sealed up

got them both when the band kits were disappearing...$20 each at Target

If you have a VStock (Midwest chain that sells all kinds of used stuff normally setup in closed Borders locations) near you I would try there also.

bread's done
Back