I need to pass a drug test (UPDATE: Got the job!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='javeryh']Unless you are going to be a rock star, actor or self-employed then you should really consider not doing any drugs after college. I don't know anyone in their 20s who is on the path to success and still does drugs from time to time (I'm sure there are exceptions though). I'm not judging you or anything - do what you want - but know that after a certain point (probably sometime between 25 and 30) doing drugs kind of becomes sad and pathetic when the people around you are advancing in their careers and getting their shit together. Damn I've become lame in my old age.[/QUOTE]

I assure you, there are plenty of us out there :)
Some folks like to have a drink or two to relax on the weekend. Some like to smoke. Chances are, if you don't know the folks at your work who smoke, it's because you don't. At my white-collar, upper-middle-class bourgeois office, a good 30% off the office tokes occasionally. And astonishingly enough, we're all good, productive workers.
Except that I sometimes read CAG instead of working.

Ahahaha you dont deserve the job. Shouldn't have been smoking. You also must not need the job that badly if you can afford to buy weed.
Hopefully they give it to a clean guy. :p

OP READ THIS
This really all depends on your body-type, metabolism, how much you smoke, and how often you smoke.

Let's just say if you're thin, and have a fast metabolism, then you already have a plus side. Marijuana, or THC rather, takes about a month in the AVERAGE person. This is not to say it won't take shorter/longer with most people. But this is all going by a urine test.

Most likely you will being taking a Quest Diagnostics test, and probably SAP 7-50/300 GC/MS, or something along those lines. (A lot of companies are beginning to use this because it is accurate, and affordable.) That basically means you will need to be clean. Drugs are measured in ng/ml, and detectable for cutoff is 50 ng/ml, max able to be read 300/ng/ml, that's pretty good, as these tests are known to go as low as 15ng/ml (the smaller the # the worse for you, as they are trying to see how much thc is in your blood per ml).

Ok, so enough about info. Now what do you need to do to pass? Well, you only have 2 days, or maybe 1 now as you read this, so it's going to be hard. But since you say you very rarely smoked (I hope you didn't take too many hits), don't worry you can do it. Up till tonight, I say don't eat ANYTHING, and excersize. Why? THC gets stored in your fat, and slowly releases it into your bloodstream, so you wanna get rid of that fat that you might have added on in 2 days. Drinking a lot of water periodically helps too, but you wanna save that till an hour before the drug test. Ok, if you've done that, what you need to do next is, by dinner time, and all through till the drug test, you wanna start eating junk food, and when I mean junk food, try and add on as much weight as you can by the test. Because you wanna get a nice clean layer of fat over the THC filled one. Since it's pretty late, you may just think about skipping the excersize altogether and just get a layer of fat. Also you can run over to the local CVS/Eckerds/Genovese, and get a home test kit. These work. If you pass these, you are probably good to go. However, they go for $20 I think. If you decide to go excersize first, take some caffeine pills if you can (these can be bought at CVS too), as it greatly increases your metabolism.

Drink plenty of water (but don't over do it, I'd say about 8 glasses), an hour or two before you get to the test lab.

That's about it, oh yeah, and pray.

Oh yeah, if it's a hair test, you may be screwed. Unless you wanna go CheapyD style and shave off everything. There really is no way of cheating that, as THC stays in your hair.

And 1 more thing. There's another route you could go...that's subbing. You could sub you're urine. There's plenty of online sites that sell synthetic urine, b ut as you're short on time, you can ask a friend of yours that you know is clean (make sure no medicine, pregnancy, and alcohol), and take theirs. Store it in a bottle, or container, and try and keep it heated at 98.6 degrees until test time. This is trickier, but it is the most fool-proof way.

Good luck!

*edit* There are studies that say aspirin works as well. Take these periodically to thin your blood.

[quote name='Matt Young']I knew some jackass would respond with something like that. Obviously, you are one of those fools who believes the exaggerations that the government propagates via those ridiculous commercials.

Had I known this would happen, I would not have smoked. Still, you have no right to judge me. I smoke very rarely, and I don't waste my money on it. Who are you to say that's wrong? It's also funny that you call me stupid considering I am an incredibly intelligent individual with a genius level IQ who, judging by your spelling and punctuation, is way ahead of you in that area.[/QUOTE]

Based on your predicament, you don't seem like a genius to me ... :)

I am amazed about all of the urban legends I am seeing.
"Getting a good layer of fat over the thc filled fat layer" what?
"drinking lots of water"
"dance nude in a club while drinking gatorade makes you pass a drug test" what (I made up the last one)

My point don't do drugs. I know it sounds stupid. I know lots of people who do drugs and sometimes they pass and sometimes they don't by doing all of the mentioned methods. The saddest thing. Everyone I know that smokes pot has only worked $5.15 jobs there whole entire life and I really don't see anything good coming out of weed nothing good at all. Their lives revolve around weed. Not saying yours does, but I live in the ghetto and its a horrible thing. I said a long time ago that I am not going down that road. Back in the day all of my "friends" would get a bag of dope and smoke. I never would try it or never have. They would get stoned and then sit around and look stupid as all hell.

Whoever said weed is better then the car industry because the car industry sends out defective cars. You are an idiot. Oh thats right the drug business is run by nice people who never kill or hurt others. Oh thats right there is a worldwide co-op of growers for dope who all love and live together who help each other in there time of need. [/sarcasm]

Graystone you and be both brotha! I also live in the ghetto and all the people i know who smoke only work at burger king and Micky D's. I am also hoping this does that happen to you but from what i have seen in real life its not looking to good for ya. Though you cant do shit about it now but i would suggest not smoking anymore....you never know when something good can come up and you dont want to get screwed over by drugs that you could have easly avoided.

Take this for example, as i said before i had been looking for a job for like 3 months, i walked into a sears hardware store and they interviewed and hired me on the spot, only catch was i had to go take a drug test within a couple hours. That was fine with me because i have never done a drug in my life for my own personal reasons (plus my dad is a cop and he would put his foot in my ass if he ever found out....seeing that his job is to know when people are high) but I passed the drug test and by the next day i was working.

Part of me wants you to fail because you are screwing over the people who are clean....but the poor side of me wants you to get the job because being unemployents fucking sucks. Good luck.

Go to local grocery store and ask where they keep a product called SureJell. Mix entire packet with some water drink it before your test. It causes all the THC in your system to stick to your stomach. I have personally tried this and it works

...FYI...I know several people that have used goldenseal root (available at GNC's etc) and the water / cranberry juice flush method to pass urine tests, always with passing results...also I know of 3 people who have passed the HAIR test as well - there is a shampoo and treatment system that also definately works. These are people with hair down the middle of their backs too! Judging people on their extra curricular activities with marjiuana is just plain stupid and ignorant. Remember alcohol was taboo once as well - prohibition anyone? I'd be willing to bet that half the people that are bashing the op wouldn't have any problem with a glass of wine at dinner, or a beer at the baseball game...

[quote name='Graystone']My point don't do drugs. I know it sounds stupid. I know lots of people who do drugs and sometimes they pass and sometimes they don't by doing all of the mentioned methods. The saddest thing. Everyone I know that smokes pot has only worked $5.15 jobs there whole entire life and I really don't see anything good coming out of weed nothing good at all. Their lives revolve around weed. Not saying yours does, but I live in the ghetto and its a horrible thing. I said a long time ago that I am not going down that road. Back in the day all of my "friends" would get a bag of dope and smoke. I never would try it or never have. They would get stoned and then sit around and look stupid as all hell.
[/QUOTE]

Hmm, maybe it's worse because you live in the ghetto, but I know plenty of smart people that smoke marijuana. Pot is a nationwide drug that's really not limited to one area. I know plenty of people that are successful and smart that have smoked, or continue to smoke marijuana. If you look at drug culture among colleges, drugs are extrememly popular in Ivy League schools. I personally don't believe that marijuana is any worse than alcohol (Don't believe the propoganda that the government disseminates). But I don't believe in advocating drugs, and I don't think it should be legalized.

[quote name='Graystone']...I really don't see anything good coming out of weed nothing good at all. I never would try it or never have. [/QUOTE]

I know you probably get this a lot, but you really can't speak about it until you've tried it. The reason why people use pot, is the same reason why people use medicinal drugs like advil/tylenol. You take tylenol to get a certain feeling (In that case: alleviation of pain, which then makes you feel better). The effects of marijuana are similar in that it really makes you feel better. In moderation I don't think that it's all that bad.

It's like your signature says...

And for your info, those are NOT urban legends. It's true...do some research please. A lot of these are backed by scientific evidence, and also my cousin works at a drug testing lab.

..........this is your brain on drugs.

by now, you've heard it all. the do's and dont's.

my friend's wife is also looking for a job. but what she fails to realize is she needs to get off her ass to get one.

if you could find the advice in what i'm saying then toke that up instead! there's pleanty of time to smoke weed after you get your shit together.

let us know how everything works out; even if it doesn't, you could chalk this one up as experience and learn from it.

peace.

Don't really have any advice, but if all you are going to do is flame, please stop posting. You made a life choice and yea you have to face the consequences, but not wanting someone to get a job to help support themselves financially is wrong. Best advice I have is to head to the local smoke store and start looking through all the products they have. Unless you are going for a really high level job, there are always going to be ways to beat tests as just like with steroids someone is always coming out with a new way.

and if you think only poor people smoke marajuana, you need to fucking open your eyes

And for your info, those are NOT urban legends. It's true...do some research please. A lot of these are backed by scientific evidence, and also my cousin works at a drug testing lab.

The underlined section is exactly where you lose most of your credibility.

I really wish that you guys would have refrained from helping him. He has't had a job since November because he doesn't want to work in fast food. Well suck it up buddy! Many people have to work those kind of jobs to support families and stuff. This guy is just a bum and probably won't hold the job for more then six months while an honest person who really does want to work misses out on getting the job.

[quote name='Matt Young']As I said, I'm not going to continue arguing with you, but I will state that the reason i have been unemployed is because it is incredibly difficult to find a job in southern California (other than fast food) without a degree. There are a lot of people out here and there is a lot of competition. I certainly haven't been sitting around.

Thank you to the others for your suggestions. I have been consuming a lot of water, and I know it will be a urine test rather than a hair test. Still, I'd feel much better if I could find a cleansing product that works.[/QUOTE]
Best cleansing product, sobriety.

Like it or not weed is illegal. You know this, you took it anyway, now it could cost you a job.

Try not doing it at all until you have a job.

I heard that a substance called Golden Seal helps that out. My ex-brother-in-law used it to help get his longshoremen job. Yeah, those guys don't do drugs.

[quote name='phatbunbao']cant u get someone else to piss in something n tape it to ur leg[/QUOTE]

Can't you stop mutilating the English language?

[quote name='Matt Young']I knew some jackass would respond with something like that. Obviously, you are one of those fools who believes the exaggerations that the government propagates via those ridiculous commercials.

Had I known this would happen, I would not have smoked. Still, you have no right to judge me. I smoke very rarely, and I don't waste my money on it. Who are you to say that's wrong? It's also funny that you call me stupid considering I am an incredibly intelligent individual with a genius level IQ who, judging by your spelling and punctuation, is way ahead of you in that area.[/QUOTE]

IQ's don't mean anything. I have like a 155 and I don't even get A's in school.

I heard drinking a Pog container that can hold up to 50 Pogs filled with hydrochloric acid works pretty well.

[quote name='Brak']I heard drinking a Pog container that can hold up to 50 Pogs filled with hydrochloric acid works pretty well.[/QUOTE]

What molarity? :)

[quote name='Brak']I heard drinking a Pog container that can hold up to 50 Pogs filled with hydrochloric acid works pretty well.[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:s

It has to be an unused POG container or else the POG residue will show up in the drug test.

On a side note: Does anyone have the Steve Allen POG on thier tradelist I have been looking for that for years.

You guys need to lay off him. Smoking weed once and awhile as recreation in perfectly fine. He already stated he doesnt waste money on it, so I give him kudos for that. I have friends who do alot more drugs than pot and I still respect them. You guys need to be more open minded and accept people.

If you want to pass a drug test (believe me, I know) take alot of vitamin B-12, drink lots of water or any critic drink, jog or excersize of some form. Those easy pass drug tests are a load of crap. I didnt read through the whole thread so I dont know if you have taken the drug test or not, but I thought I would throw my two cents.

[quote name='Quackzilla']22

It is an excellent curall drug.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember chem that well but I think molarity only goes 1-10. Or is that molality?
We used like 6.0 molarity HCl and it gave blisters to the kid who dropped the beaker!

[quote name='Soodmeg']. Though you cant do shit about it now but i would suggest not smoking anymore....[/QUOTE]

I don't smoke or never have. I said that I decide a long time ago that I was not going down that road. So I have never even tried weed. My post was long so I bet you missed that.

I guess I should research what I say before I say it. I was always told that drinking water and all of that is urban legends I am wrong. As well I do agree that weed is a nationwide and in every single culture and class in society. I am saying I have lived in the ghetto my whole entire life. I have not been around anything else or "ivy-league"

That wasnt to you graystone that was to the OP, i was saying he already smoke the weed so saying stop smoking will not help him.

I prolly should have used quotes, meh oh well.

[quote name='Soodmeg']That wasnt to you graystone that was to the OP, i was saying he already smoke the weed so saying stop smoking will not help him.

I prolly should have used quotes, meh oh well.[/QUOTE]

oh I thought you were talking to me and you thought I smoked.

Thanks to those who were supportive or, at the very least, indifferent. Those who said I should not have smoked at all while trying to find a job- You are right. However, I was going through a very tough time (and I'm not exaggerating whatsoever- I'll explain if you want) and I smoked to relieve my pain for a little while. Was it a bad decision in the long run? Yes, it was. However, I cannot take it back now, so I'm doing all I can to remedy the situation.

Apparently some of you missed it, but I do not spend money on weed. I maybe smoke once a month, if that, and I never pay for it. It's something I enjoy, just like some people enjoy alcohol (well, I like that, too) and other things. Rest assured that I am not a "bum". I am a very dedicated, hard worker and, smoking aside, I feel that I deserve this job. I haven't been employed because I moved from Illinois to California in November. It took me a while to get all my information changed, and after that, I have just had no luck when applying at various places.

Anyway, I'm going in later today for the interview, and assuming I get the job (which, as I said, my friend who is employed there told me is nearly guaranteed) I will find out when my drug test will be. Before I go in today, I will look into the products that were suggested here and hopefully wll find a reliable one.

Again, thank you to those who offered to help. To those who felt I was in the wrong yet expressed your opinions in a civil and respectful manner, I do respect your opinions even if my views on the subject are different. I expected some people to be against me, but that was something I was willing to risk in order to seek help.

I'll let you know how things go.

[quote name='Matt Young']However, I was going through a very tough time (and I'm not exaggerating whatsoever- I'll explain if you want) and I smoked to relieve my pain for a little while.[/QUOTE]

I feel there is nothing wrong with smoking dope for things like that. However when it becomes a problem. I am saying when your whole life revolves around weed you have a problem i.e. my next door neighbor.

We all depend on something when bad things happen in our life. for some of us its books, music, movies, skating, drugs, pets, writing, expressing ourselves though a great different number mediums. and that is fine, The bad parts in my life could been explained with music and video games. I could tell you what music and game(s) I was trying to beat in the hardest time of my life.

[quote name='Matt Young'] and assuming I get the job (which, as I said, my friend who is employed there told me is nearly guaranteed) I will find out when my drug test will be. [/QUOTE]

Wow We are in the same situation almost friend small world uh. I have been unemployed for about 3 months I have to take a drug test for in a couple of weeks. however I am not worried about failing (remember never smoked) I have applied everywhere and no one has called me. The job I am about to get my friend basically got me and its nearly guaranteed just like yours. I really need this job just like you so I can move out. I just did my 2nd interview monday morning. It's amazing we are in the same situation except for 2 things. I did not move or done any drugs other then that we are in the same situation.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'] You made a life choice and yea you have to face the consequences, but not wanting someone to get a job to help support themselves financially is wrong.[/QUOTE]

how is that wrong??

like you said, his choice, his problem. my judgement/comment might have been harsh, but in reality he majorly f'ed up. its not wrong to frown upon stupidity. maybe this will teach him a lesson about being responsible.

they don't take a urine sample anymore..... just hair samples. you should shave all your hair until it is smooth as a babies bottom.

[quote name='Poodleman']they don't take a urine sample anymore..... just hair samples. you should shave all your hair until it is smooth as a babies bottom.[/QUOTE]

Oh trust me they will found some hair. The problem though is they don't take a small sample they take a lot of hair a good size chunk. My friend had a hair test and it looked like the a barber slipped while cutting his hair. I'm talking big ol' patch. In his head.

[quote name='Graystone']Oh trust me they will find some hair. The problem though is they don't take a small sample they take a lot of hair a good size chunk. [/QUOTE]

.. Are pubes applicable?

i didnt want to read thru this thread, but all you have to do is go to GNC and get the flush pills. Its cleans out your system really fast. Get the good ones not the cheap tea ones.

Haha I like Nickmad's posts a lot...

Matt Young, good luck on your test, a friend of mine was having a lot of trouble with those home tests (they'd test him when he walked in the door).

[quote name='Tiphireth'].. Are pubes applicable?[/QUOTE]

Technically? Yes.
Though I doubt it's thier standard MO to go chopping off pubic hair.

you are a dumb ass for smoking in the first place. I hate seeing people that want to cover up the fact they use drugs so they can get a job, then they steal there employer blind if they do get the job to pay for there drugs. I am sure burger king or wall marts would hire you in a second.I have never used,sold or will use drugs and guess what, I have no trouble getting work at all

[quote name='evilmojo12542']you are a dumb ass for smoking in the first place. I hate seeing people that want to cover up the fact they use drugs so they can get a job, then they steal there employer blind if they do get the job to pay for there drugs. I am sure burger king or wall marts would hire you in a second.I have never used,sold or will use drugs and guess what, I have no trouble getting work at all[/QUOTE]

Obviously you are not employed as a proofreader.

The drug test won't be on the day of the interview... seriously "hello, nice to meet you, we'll be in touch, piss in this jar on your way out" That's not gonna happen, it is too expensive to drug test every applicant before you hand out the jobs. If there are many openings it might take 2 weeks for them to evaluate them and make a decision. When you really have to worry is when you have to come in fill out a W2 and show proof of ID, That is when you load up on the fluids, and by then if you didn't smoke alot you should pass without smoke and mirrors.

[quote name='JSweeney']And for your info, those are NOT urban legends. It's true...do some research please. A lot of these are backed by scientific evidence, and also my cousin works at a drug testing lab.

The underlined section is exactly where you lose most of your credibility.[/QUOTE]

Ever hear of the company MERC? The one that just lost big on that one pill because they said it causes cancer? Yeah, drop by Philly anytime, and when your there msg me, and I'll give you my number. (To talk to my cousin). Her lab's there ;)

I'm pretty pathetic, but not enough to lie on the intranet :/
Zinged.

[quote name='balzak520']Ever hear of the company MERC? The one that just lost big on that one pill because they said it causes cancer? Yeah, drop by Philly anytime, and when your there msg me, and I'll give you my number. (To talk to my cousin). Her lab's there ;)

I'm pretty pathetic, but not enough to lie on the intranet :/
Zinged.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you understand, it's not if your cousin works for in a lab or not it's more that working for MERC testing drugs in a lab and working in a lab testing urine for illegal drugs are not the same thing. I personally work in a chemical lab at that in no way qualifies me to dictate how to pass a drug test and it certainly doesn't mean that my sister or cousins would have a clue. Hell your cousin could spend her whole life watching people pee into a cup and you could be clueless about the whole process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back