I Officialy hate the New York Jets

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Had it not been for a foolish decision on the part of Steve Marriuchi to accept a penalty, allowing Minnesota to score the game tying touchdown one week and then a botched snap by the Lion's back-up center a few weeks later, the Vikings wouldn't even be thinking about the play-offs. Of course you could look at Arizona as well and question... how the shaq-fu do they account for the 49ers only 2 wins? Had that not happened, the Cards might be in the play-offs in place of the Vikings and the irony would be terrific.

As for the play-offs who else thinks Denver dug their own grave tonight:

Colts - 44
Broncos - 9[/quote]

as a Ravens fan, I saw that too :cry:

I'm rooting for the Chargers, everyone likes a team that makes the huge turnaround, but I won't lie and pretend to be a diehard Chargers fan or even a fan since their last Super Bowl in the mid-90s against the Niners, that just didn't go so hot for San Diego. I will say though, that I've been a big fan of LT since his rookie season, and continuously campaigned that he's the #1 back in the NFL now.

Jets are toast though, they definitely backed their way into the play-offs much like Minnesota.

I don't really think anyone is going to go into the playoffs hot, except maybe Denver (and that is only because they have last year in mind).

I was hoping either Carolina or New Orleans made the playoffs. If they did, I would have said they would probably win the NFC. No team in that conference has been as hot as they were.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I don't really think anyone is going to go into the playoffs hot, except maybe Denver (and that is only because they have last year in mind).

I was hoping either Carolina or New Orleans made the playoffs. If they did, I would have said they would probably win the NFC. No team in that conference has been as hot as they were.[/quote]

well there is that team in Pittsburgh that has won 15 straight games :wink:

[quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I don't really think anyone is going to go into the playoffs hot, except maybe Denver (and that is only because they have last year in mind).

I was hoping either Carolina or New Orleans made the playoffs. If they did, I would have said they would probably win the NFC. No team in that conference has been as hot as they were.[/quote]

well there is that team in Pittsburgh that has won 15 straight games :wink:[/quote]

14 :wink:

[quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I don't really think anyone is going to go into the playoffs hot, except maybe Denver (and that is only because they have last year in mind).

well there is that team in Pittsburgh that has won 15 straight games :wink:[/quote]

Ben got hurt though. and several of their other playerrs are dinged up

you and me both sister... er... ya you get the idea... maybe the Chargers will get 'em, they're playing pretty good too lately, they really should've won in Indy.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']maybe the Chargers will get 'em, they're playing pretty good too lately, they really should've won in Indy.[/quote]

And they would've too, if they had remembered that the game lasts 60 minutes, not 55.

Its going to be Falcons/Eagles vs. Colts/Steelers in the Superbowl. I'm sort of leaning towards Falcons/Colts at this point, just because we know what the Eagles do - they choke and blame it on an injury to someone. I like the Steelers a lot but I think they'll lose in the AFC championship game. The Colts just seem completely unstoppable right now, and unless Peyton has a bad game chances are they're going to go to all the way. And, let's face it, if it is Falcons/Colts in the Superbowl it might end up being the most lopsided game ever played.

I'm a huge Carolina fan. After being downright pissed about losing to the damn Saints I was thrilled to see the Rams beat the Jets and keeping the Saints out of the playoffs.

I'm rooting for the Broncos, they've improved so much defensively and have one of the best offenses in the league. This is definitely their best team since they won the Super Bowl.

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']maybe the Chargers will get 'em, they're playing pretty good too lately, they really should've won in Indy.[/quote]

And they would've too, if they had remembered that the game lasts 60 minutes, not 55.[/quote]

and that Peyton Manning can hurt you so much in 5 minutes.

[quote name='captainfrizo']I'm a huge Carolina fan. After being downright pissed about losing to the damn Saints I was thrilled to see the Rams beat the Jets and keeping the Saints out of the playoffs.[/quote]

i saw the last of the carolina game, I hoping that they could pull it off, and they tried their hardest too.

[quote name='opportunity777']Who here thinks the Rams would be a better team under another coach? :)[/quote]
Better question would be who doesn't!

And why no love for the all powerful Patriots?

[quote name='Deadpool'][quote name='opportunity777']Who here thinks the Rams would be a better team under another coach? :)[/quote]

And why no love for the all powerful Patriots?[/quote]

I think because two Super Bowls in 3 years is enough ;)

[quote name='Deadpool'][quote name='opportunity777']Who here thinks the Rams would be a better team under another coach? :)[/quote]

And why no love for the all powerful Patriots?[/quote]

All powerful??? I thought Pittsburgh and Miami took care of that. LOL :D

Yes, i wish the Saints would have made the playoffs.....but that was secondary to the VIKINGS making the playoffs................not that it matters............

..............Now we get to play the hated Green Bay Packers one more game........PLAYOFF STYLE!!!

I am a huge JETS fan, but IMO ESPN over rates them. They don't have that good a team. I am hoping they can get past the Chargers next week.

Talk about sorry...the Carolina panthers went from 1-7, won 6 straight, then lose their final game against the Saints that would put them in the playoffs.

I am pissed :evil:

This is going to be a great playoff run in the AFC this post season. Here is my incredibly biased take on the AFC matchups:

Broncos vs. Colts: Colts
At least it won't be as lopsided as last year

Jets vs. Chargers: Chargers
Jets backed into the playoffs and will exit early

Colts vs Patriots: Colts
Patriots' secondary is too banged up to cover all the Colts receivers.

Chargers vs. Steelers: Chargers
Charger's 3-4 defense requires Pit to win the game through the air, but time runs out on the rookie

Chargers vs. Colts:
Colts win the rematch and go onto win another anti-climatic superbowl

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='guyver2077']welcome to the club[/quote]

just a little off-topic, but I just got done admiring the wonderfulness that is in your sig :twisted: thank you for that[/quote]

lmfao! the big ass tittie commitie!

[quote name='miniarnold']Colts vs Patriots: Colts
Patriots' secondary is too banged up to cover all the Colts receivers.[/quote]
Are you serious? Ty Law will be ready for the playoffs. By the time the Pats have their first playoff game, it will have been 12 weeks since the injury. Asante Samuel and Randall Gay have done a nice job, and even Troy Brown hasn't been bad at all, with 3 interceptions. The Pats have had problems as of late (if you can call it that) with the passing game, because of the pass rush. Belicheck wouldn't take people out of coverage so he could rush the QB, which is what he likes to do. With Ty Law coming back, expect the same old Patriots.

I can't wait to see that dazed, confused, and befuddled look again on Manning's face.

[quote name='dafoomie']Are you serious? Ty Law will be ready for the playoffs. By the time the Pats have their first playoff game, it will have been 12 weeks since the injury. Asante Samuel and Randall Gay have done a nice job, and even Troy Brown hasn't been bad at all, with 3 interceptions. The Pats have had problems as of late (if you can call it that) with the passing game, because of the pass rush. Belicheck wouldn't take people out of coverage so he could rush the QB, which is what he likes to do. With Ty Law coming back, expect the same old Patriots.

I can't wait to see that dazed, confused, and befuddled look again on Manning's face.[/quote]

Michael Irvin : "I'm here with the only member of the Patriots secondary who has remained healthy the entire season - Rodney Harrison. Rodney, who are you most worried about in the playoffs?"

Rodney Harrison - "Honestly, Michael, we've been thinking about the Colts all season. They've definitely been on our minds."

The Colts would've beat them in the first game of the season if Edge hadn't fumbled on the one yard line, it had nothing to do with Peyton looking confused. And both the Chargers and Ravens managed to throw a ton of different blitz packages at him and yes, they frustrated him for a while, but eventually he figured it out and the Colts won. The same thing will happen in New England. The Pats secondary isn't going to be able to cheat by pass interfering on evey play this year and the results will be different. 38-14, Colts.

[quote name='dafoomie']I can't wait to see that dazed, confused, and befuddled look again on Manning's face.[/quote]

I think he will probably have this look on his face that you describe, but it will be along the lines of, "Is that really all the Pats brought today?"

This is the year that Manning and Dungy get the preciousssss!!

[quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='miniarnold']Colts vs Patriots: Colts
Patriots' secondary is too banged up to cover all the Colts receivers.[/quote]
Are you serious? Ty Law will be ready for the playoffs. By the time the Pats have their first playoff game, it will have been 12 weeks since the injury. Asante Samuel and Randall Gay have done a nice job, and even Troy Brown hasn't been bad at all, with 3 interceptions. The Pats have had problems as of late (if you can call it that) with the passing game, because of the pass rush. Belicheck wouldn't take people out of coverage so he could rush the QB, which is what he likes to do. With Ty Law coming back, expect the same old Patriots.

I can't wait to see that dazed, confused, and befuddled look again on Manning's face.[/quote]

Are you forgetting the opening week of the season, you know when the Colts had numerous opportunities to beat the Pats. Are you forgetting that the Pats secondary can no longer rape their opponents beyond the five yard line, and that the Colts have the best receiving corps ever? Are you forgetting that the Colts defense has been steadily improving, and that the Colts have put together one of the best pass rushes in the league?

I think that Pats are a fine team, and that Belichick is the greatest coach of all time (in any sport), but the pats are not gonna be able to run with the Colts this year, if they were 100% I might think otherwise, but they are nowhere near that.

Look for a Steelers vs. Colts AFC championship.

[quote name='ragepower']Does any of it really matter ? The Steelers are winning it all !!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

As a Ravens fan, it is my duty to tell you to go fuck yourself, and that the Steelers suck.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']It still baffles me that the Steelers went 15-1; are they really that good, or are they just the supreme opportunists?[/quote]

Two Words: The Bus !!

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']It still baffles me that the Steelers went 15-1; are they really that good, or are they just the supreme opportunists?[/quote]
You have respect the Steelers D, and their obscene rushing attack. As much as I hate them I must admit that they are easily capable of winning it all.

Two more words: Corey Dillion

convenient how they avoided him, wasn't it? The Jaguars really should've beaten the Steelers too... as well as the Texans (at least once this year) and the Titans in Jacksonville. That team... bothers me, should've been in the play-offs this year, how you win in Indy & GB and nearly beat Pittsburgh, but can't muster up a win against the fookin Texans is beyond me. The Lions smoked the Texans for Christ sake.

Point being, Pittsburgh didn't face San Diego, Indy or a healthy New England this year, when they do the dream is over.

Well you can't really use the "should've" argument against the Steelers or for the Gags, I mean Jags.
The Lions "should've" been at least 9-7 this year. But alas we once again find ourselves looking forward to a top 10 draft pick instead of the playoffs.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Two more words: Corey Dillion
[/quote]
Good point, Dillon sat for first game against the Steelers. However, the Steelers beat the Pats by 2 TDs, and controlled the offensive line the entire game. I don’t think Corey Dillon will be a huge difference maker.

And Pitt still isnt going to face a healthy NE (that is if NE can get by the Colts)

[quote name='oddjob93']You have respect the Steelers D, and their obscene rushing attack. As much as I hate them I must admit that they are easily capable of winning it all.[/quote]

The Steelers are the team I think presents the most problems for the Colts in the playoffs. They are a power rushing team, with quality receivers. If the Colts "D" (built around speed, not power) were to bring up more guys to help stop the run, they'd get slashed in the secondary and vice versa. Pitt also has the ability to run a lot of time off the clock, which keeps Peyton and Co. off the field.

I can't wait for the games to start this weekend. It's going to be a great post-season!

[quote name='johnnyoski']Well you can't really use the "should've" argument against the Steelers or for the Gags, I mean Jags.
The Lions "should've" been at least 9-7 this year. But alas we once again find ourselves looking forward to a top 10 draft pick instead of the playoffs.[/quote]

I know... the Jags were 9-7 though, and one of the NFL's most schizophrenic teams.

Patriots can't run the table forever - the Steelers or Colts will knock them off. And if TO is back in time for the Superbowl (assuming the Eagles can figure out how to get there without him) its gonna be on.

bread's done
Back