I ripped my FFXIII-2 CE Slip Cover. Any way to replace it?

AugustAPC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
Yes, as the title says, I ripped the cover of my CE FFXIII-2 while peeling off a stupid sticker. It's right on the fuckin' title too.

Anyone know any way I can replace one, or would be willing to sell one to me? Any ideas are greatly appreciated cause this shit drives me nuts >

Last edited by a moderator:
lmao, the petty things people get upset over. Only way to get one is get one off another member, or you could throw the stupid sleeve in the garbage lol

Your best bet is to look on eBay and hope someone is selling the extras and/or packaging. You might be able to snag one that way. Since the game's still fairly new, people likely won't be putting up their stuff any time soon.

It may not be a bad idea to contact SquareEnix customer service.
I have got help in such matters couple of times by contacting the manufacturer or distributors directly.

[quote name='Vinny']Your best bet is to look on eBay and hope someone is selling the extras and/or packaging. You might be able to snag one that way. Since the game's still fairly new, people likely won't be putting up their stuff any time soon.[/QUOTE]

For sure, I'll probably check eBay every now and again. TBH, I was mostly hoping one of the members that ended up buying multiple copies would be willing to swap covers with me with a few bills to make it worth their while.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']It may not be a bad idea to contact SquareEnix customer service.
I have got help in such matters couple of times by contacting the manufacturer or distributors directly.[/QUOTE]

That sounds good. I'll give it a try, thanks.

[quote name='theking20']what kind of sticker was it? a price sticker or a SE sticker ?[/QUOTE]

It wasn't a price sticker... it looked like one of those stickers they put over the side of a new Xbox 360 game. Upon closer inspection it said "certificate of authenticity"... but it doesn't look like anything important at all.

It was probably stupid to remove it.. but it looked ugly as shit covering the title on the side of the box.

[quote name='Braxis']really? ps3 version doesnt have something like that. I wish it came with a special sticker for us[/QUOTE]

You really want this ugliness covering the title on the side of your box?

stickerv.jpg

[quote name='AugustAPC']Thanks for taking the time to be a douche. Now for future reference, I know not to respect you.[/QUOTE]
LOOOOOL that shit was funny

gl with ur slipcover

[quote name='htz']Its been less than 30 days, try to ask for an exchange from wherever you bought it from.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, one without a friggin' sticker on it.

[quote name='htz']Its been less than 30 days, try to ask for an exchange from wherever you bought it from.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... I'm not sure what I would say to GameStop, lol. Can I swap this out cause I fucked up the cover? I could make up some shit like the game doesn't work or something... but that's pretty shady... I don't think I wanna do that.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Hmm... I'm not sure what I would say to GameStop, lol. Can I swap this out cause I fucked up the cover? I could make up some shit like the game doesn't work or something... but that's pretty shady... I don't think I wanna do that.[/QUOTE]
if you tell them the game doesnt work they'll just test it and call you on it, maybe you could just tell them that the cover came damaged or watever if you got no other options left

Hey it never hurts to ask. Just be honest with them about what happened and they might accommodate you.

I swap cases all the time at Gamestop, or if I need a manual or want a better copy of the artwork or something, they always help me out with no problem. One time I asked if I could get a slipcover for a Fallout GOTY that I had just bought from them, and they said no because they "have to sell it with the slipcover." What kind of bullshit?

It's not really driving me crazy, lol. I was exaggerating. But it does piss me off that I fucked up my cover. I emailed SquareEnix, so we'll see what happens there (though my hopes aren't really that high). I display my CE's, so it does kinda suck, like a stain on your favorite shirt or something.

I guess I'll ask at GameStop next time I'm in there... as stated earlier, it doesn't hurt.

I'm sure eventually I'll be able to replace it, I just hope it's sooner, rather than later.

Anyway, did anyone else notice this sticker on their CEs?

[quote name='AugustAPC']It's not really driving me crazy, lol. I was exaggerating. But it does piss me off that I fucked up my cover. I emailed SquareEnix, so we'll see what happens there (though my hopes aren't really that high). I display my CE's, so it does kinda suck, like a stain on your favorite shirt or something.

I guess I'll ask at GameStop next time I'm in there... as stated earlier, it doesn't hurt.

I'm sure eventually I'll be able to replace it, I just hope it's sooner, rather than later.

Anyway, did anyone else notice this sticker on their CEs?[/QUOTE]

That would drive me nuts... seriously, I've good money money for some replacement boxes that I didn't like.:p Of course, it depends on how much I like the game.

Back to the issue at hand, I don't think GS will help. Normally, they only do exchanges for opened, non-functional games. And when you do go in for an exchange, they'll just swap your disc out with the one from the gutted copy and put your disc in place of the gutted one (yeah, so they basically pass on the problem)... unless the disc is known to be damaged because of a poorly designed case or something. If they have no more copies, then they'll send you to another store.

I guess your one final alternative is to sell the entire set and then hope that it eventually goes on sale.

Have you contacted Square Enix yet? I personally can't imagine calling/e-mailing for a piece of cardboard, but I've never had a company turn me down for these kinds of requests (and they almost always send it for free).

[quote name='ZombieToast']Have you contacted Square Enix yet? I personally can't imagine calling/e-mailing for a piece of cardboard, but I've never had a company turn me down for these kinds of requests (and they almost always send it for free).[/QUOTE]

Yup. I'm waiting on a reply. Doubt anything will come of it, but I gave it a shot.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Go buy another copy and return it sans slip cover.[/QUOTE]

Assuming you find a used one, but that's bait and switch...

Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that Square-Enix is sending me a replacement slip-cover. I'm honestly shocked. They're providing excellent customer service, which is a rarity these days. They've got a life-long fan and customer in me.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Glad the publisher stepped up to help you. I actually like square enix this gen, none of there games I played have any major glitches or tons of patching. Games come fully on disc without random money grabs via DLC (looks like they might start with xiii-2).

Sure they have gotten lots of flack with the direction they are taking with the Final Fantasy series but I personally think Xiii would had been an okay game if it was a new IP instead.

Glad it's being sorted out. Like I said, I've always had success with this sort of thing, so I'm not surprised that they decided to help out.

[quote name='htz']none of there games I played have any major glitches or tons of patching.[/quote]
Most of their games don't have enough variables to cause major problems. That's one of the upsides to linearity, I guess. A couple of their games had some significant glitches, but SE only published them, so I don't know if they'd count.

[quote name='htz']Games come fully on disc without random money grabs via DLC (looks like they might start with xiii-2).[/quote]
Dissidia 012. Just Cause 2 also had a fair amount of stuff, I believe.

[quote name='htz'] Sure they have gotten lots of flack with the direction they are taking with the Final Fantasy series but I personally think Xiii would had been an okay game if it was a new IP instead.[/QUOTE]
I think it probably would've received better reviews, but I know I wouldn't have enjoyed it any more. Regardless of the name, the game was just too flat and the characters weren't interesting. Even by the end, I didn't feel a connection to any of them (except maybe for Sazh) and I was left feeling like not much had happened. It's easily one of the worst JRPG's I've ever played.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Square Enix fan and have been for years...I just think they need to make some major changes.

Glad that worked!!
[quote name='AugustAPC']Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that Square-Enix is sending me a replacement slip-cover. I'm honestly shocked. They're providing excellent customer service, which is a rarity these days. They've got a life-long fan and customer in me.

Thanks for everyone's help![/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back