i scored a FREE gta:sa today!

rafissaying

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
well i was at an eb games using the b3g1 free to pick up some cheap games to trade in at GR before the deal ends. when i was looking for the games, the 2 workers were kind of out there. they were people and wouldn't have ever thought to work at a game store. anyways i was paying and the lady handed me the bag and i saw that two of my games that i bought was still on the counter, so i asked if i could get them. while i was outside of the store i looked inside myh bag and there was a green xbox case. i pull it out in my car and bam...GRAND THEFT AUTO:SAN ANDREAS sealed. even though i already have it, i think i might trade it in to get some other games i want. you can't be anything thats free!

awesome... gotta love worker mistakes.. but its gonna suck when the manager goes to inventory and realize that 50 bucks is missing..

Reminds me of the time my brother paid for some cheap sunglasses at a gas station with a ten and was given change for a hundred.

[quote name='BIG5']Reminds me of the time my brother paid for some cheap sunglasses at a gas station with a ten and was given change for a hundred.[/QUOTE]
now that rules.. i was actually given a hundred and the people left their change (like 20-30 bucks i don't rememebr) so yeah.. that ruled.

no keep it since i know they just did inventory last month. it'll be awhile and one game wont affect much. looks like alot of CAGs are getting free games and on CAG that means contests for fellow CAGers. or simply sell it. i know id give like 30 bucks for it.

[quote name='BIG5']Reminds me of the time my brother paid for some cheap sunglasses at a gas station with a ten and was given change for a hundred.[/QUOTE]

I was once handed a $10 when I asked for four fives in change for a $20. I got a five, a five, a ten and a five. Why a ten was in the five slot,I dunno. There were about 12 people in line behind me at the food court, and he didn't make sure that I had the correct change like most clerks do. An obvious n00b to the restaurant.

one time me and my bro were at game crazy and someone left 225 dollars on the counter. we first thought that it was only a couple ones and fives but it was a couple of twenties. The guys there said just keep it. i was like damn i wish that shit would happen to me.

god i hate when people mention karma and other stupid shit like that.

yea you better take it back cause if you dont its bad karma, and of course we all know that santa clause doesnt give presents to kids who have bad karma, and the tooth fairy doesnt give kids money if they have bad karma. and more than likely it'd piss the boogey man off too, but i'm not sure.

[quote name='Cracka']god i hate when people mention karma and other stupid shit like that.

yea you better take it back cause if you dont its bad karma, and of course we all know that santa clause doesnt give presents to kids who have bad karma, and the tooth fairy doesnt give kids money if they have bad karma. and more than likely it'd piss the boogey man off too, but i'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

It was probably even the boogey man's copy of San Andreas.

[quote name='doodle777_98']one time me and my bro were at game crazy and someone left 225 dollars on the counter. we first thought that it was only a couple ones and fives but it was a couple of twenties. The guys there said just keep it. i was like damn i wish that shit would happen to me.[/QUOTE]

I remember losing some money at Blockbuster this one time. I noticed it was missing while waiting in the McDonald's drive-thru. So I stopped by my house and check all over the car front seat and didn't find anything. I retraced my steps from when I left the Blockbuster. I walked in and asked the manager if anyone had possibly found it and returned it. It turns out I had left it on the counter while I was paying and the person behind me found it and gave it to the manager. I even knew exactly how much I had -- 2 fives and a 1, $11. What a relief it would've been a crappy weekend.

bring it back, i bet one of them gets fired for stealing.

yeah they made a mistake but think about it, they didnt steal. If you got home and realized they put the wrong game in your back(say you got madden 01 and you were supposed to get san andreas xbox) would you bring it back? of course

I've also gotten a free game at the expense of EB. Clerk slipped a Midtown Madness 3 into my bag without scanning it. (Back when it was a new game.) I can't count how many times I've gotten extra credits or discounts that I wasn't intended to receive.

Paybacks for the three loathsome years I spent as an employee.

Karma's a bitch. :twisted:

You already know you should bring it back, so my telling you that you should bring it back will most likely make no difference.

Um, trade it in at that store?...it's sort of like bringing it back, but benifiting from lucky mishap as well? :shrug:

You already had noticed it when you left and knew it was in there when you got to your car, so it sounds like you' ve passed the point of taking it back in and letting them know they screwed up, i'm just guessing you won't be returning it after the fact now, that's all. So if you're going to trade it in, at least do it at that location so they make back some of the loss.

[quote name='dracula']bring it back, i bet one of them gets fired for stealing.

yeah they made a mistake but think about it, they didnt steal. If you got home and realized they put the wrong game in your back(say you got madden 01 and you were supposed to get san andreas xbox) would you bring it back? of course[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good luck proving that one!

DON"T take it back, consider it a present from the tooth fairy, boogey man and satan clause :)

It would be nice to bring it back, but you're not a bad person if you don't.

When people give me the wrong change I always give it back. We paid at McDonalds with a $20 bill and got back about $100 one time. My mom wanted to keep it, but I convinced her to give it back.

However, recently Wal-Mart sent me two free video games in the mail, and I kept them. I'm good cop/bad cop. Than again, I work for Wal-Mart and sometimes go above and beyond what a good employee does for them, so I considered it a bonus.

But mostly I do good. :)

Yea keep it. It is not like you were deceitful. This is like the time fanskad got a free wavebird mario party bundle from kmart during a 50% off sale. cause the guy forgot to ring it up. I think the best thing that ever happend to me was I found 5 bucks on the ground when I was little.

[quote name='jennie25']Yeah, good luck proving that one!

DON"T take it back, consider it a present from the tooth fairy, boogey man and satan clause :)[/QUOTE]

I didn't think the boogey man or "satan" clause gave presents. Anyway, I'd keep it. I got Spider-Man 2 from EBgames.com for free back on black friday with my DOOM 3 order and I certainly kept it.

I would have brought it back, but that's just me. I've been sent extra games twice (Disgaea and SMT: DDS) and kept both, though. I'll walk back into a store, but I'm not about to call a CSR and figure out a way to remedy their mistake.

Karma doesn't always come back. I remember a bank teller mistake... I was cashing a $2100 check... she gave me $3000 I almost shitted watching her count off the extra money. After I got out side and drove 10 blocks I decided to take it back. She said Thanks. Now when I go to that bank I try to avoid her.
NOTHING good came from this, at least on my end.

[quote name='Rich']I was once going through the humor birthday cards at a Hallmark and found a $20 bill in one of them. :D[/QUOTE]

It was a windy day and I was outside the cheescake factory and I saw a twenty dollar bill blowing in the wind, so I stepped on it and picked it up, as Im bending down I see three more twenties blowing around, so I proceeded to step on them and pick them up. Really fucking weird, nobody was around frantically searching for lost money so I just kept it and went home, pretty good day, sadly I think I spent that money on the newest wrestling game out at the time (believe it was no mercy), which was a big waste because I got a terrible copy that kept erasing every now and then, all my unlocked items went to waste, I eventually just traded it in (before I stopped trading in games) and put it towards my ps2 purchase I think.

I would return it too. You know right from wrong, and it would just be wrong to keep it. It is also possible as stated before, that someone could get fired over it. It could be at inventory, but more than likely they would be $50.00 short at the end of the day in bank deposits. Even if it is a log way it would be wrong to keep it. Two rights don't make a wrong. Put your self in the place of the employees, would you wnat to be fired or repremanded for something you didn't do and not even know what they were talking about? I know I wouldn't and I'm sure you wouldn't either. Think about it man, do the right thing. There is too much wrong on the world already for good people like yourself to start doing bad things. Really search your conscience it will tell you what to do. i think you already know. Just do the right thing. The trade in or money to you is not as important as doing what is right. Money is never as important as doing what is right no matter how much you are tempted to keep the game, it just not worth it.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']this is great i found two $20 bills once greatest find of my life[/QUOTE]

Back when I was in elementary school, I was about to buy some SNES game, and I lost my wallet, which was in my jacket. Some classmate took it, and I don't know who, but inside was my ID and like $70. I also lost a $20 bill out of my pocket before. Sometimes the bad karma can pay for good things, so you could consider how it affects you if you don't keep it.

but it is not his fault he got the game by mistake so if you found a $100 bill and nobody claimed what would you do with it and it is the employee's fault mistake or not it is the employees fault and he should be fired or suspended for putting that game in the bag. you can't be that stupid to put a game that he did not buy in your bag. Keep don't pay attention to these people saying KARMA will get you and haunt you and it is not stealing think of it as a gift.

You *should* take it back, but I wouldn't lose sleep over it if you didn't. If the manager at that EB finds out, though, don't expect to be going back to shop there again.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']but it is not his fault he got the game by mistake so if you found a $100 bill and nobody claimed what would you do with it[/QUOTE]

The difference between the two situations is that he knows to whom the game belongs. So if you found a $100 bill, and you knew who lost it, would you give it back, or keep it?

and it is the employee's fault mistake or not it is the employees fault and he should be fired or suspended for putting that game in the bag. you can't be that stupid to put a game that he did not buy in your bag. Keep don't pay attention to these people saying KARMA will get you and haunt you and it is not stealing think of it as a gift.

It isn't about Karma, as far as I am concerned. It is about doing what is right. In life, there are situations when it is difficult to tell what is the right thing to do. This is not one of those situations -- there is a clear right and wrong here.

Anyone in this thread who comes in here and says "TEH KARMA!!" should be taken out behind the woodshed and shot.

Personally, I'd exchange it for another new game, if you could.

[quote name='jetblac']Karma doesn't always come back. I remember a bank teller mistake... I was cashing a $2100 check... she gave me $3000 I almost shitted watching her count off the extra money. After I got out side and drove 10 blocks I decided to take it back. She said Thanks. Now when I go to that bank I try to avoid her.
NOTHING good came from this, at least on my end.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of something similar that happened to me. I was depositing a check for $7.62 (which is unusually small for a check) that I got for selling something on eBay but she misread it as seven HUNDRED and sixty-two dollars. This probably happened because at the same time I was depositing, I was also withdrawing $100 so she probably thought I was taking some of the check out as cash and depositing the rest. I didn't really notice at first until I drove a little out and read the deposit slip. I also decided to take it back. There was a little part of me that wanted to keep it but I was just thinking about the deep sh** the bank teller would be in for giving out an extra $700.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']but it is not his fault he got the game by mistake so if you found a $100 bill and nobody claimed what would you do with it and it is the employee's fault mistake or not it is the employees fault and he should be fired or suspended for putting that game in the bag. you can't be that stupid to put a game that he did not buy in your bag. Keep don't pay attention to these people saying KARMA will get you and haunt you and it is not stealing think of it as a gift.[/QUOTE]

The mistake the employee made was pretty serious but think of the hundreds of transactions he/she did. Out of all of them he/she probably only made one mistake and you think he/she should be fired/suspended? People make mistakes sometimes. I'm sure you would make a few mistakes if you had to repeat the same mundane process over and over again to hundreds of customers day after day. I don't believe in Karma either but think of the employee. I know if it were me who did that, I would be extremely grateful that someone brought it back.

I'm sure EB wouldn't be able to trace the missing game back to the employee unless they have it on videotape. They will probably just assume it was stolen.

bread's done
Back