I think I may have actually hurt myself drinking...

daikaiju

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
First off - this is not a bragging thread. I think this is one of the most idiotic things I have ever done. I'm posting because I'm actually a little concerned and wondering if anyone else has ever experienced similar symptoms from a near alcohol poisoining / binge drinking episode.

Saturday night, I attended at birthday party that started at 5pm. At said party I drank 1/2 fifth of rum - yeah, I know - no lectures please. That would normally be bad enough - but to make matters worse, a friend picked me up at 11 pm, and we hit the bar. Once at the bar I started downing the guiness, and somewhere around 12:30 - someone said something about Jaegerbombs. The last thing I remember was the purchase of the 3rd round of these then the lights went out. From what I'm told, I was somewhat coherant and mobile over the course of the next few hours with the final result of hurling massive spew out the window of a friends car. The next thing I remember is waking up sitting in my computer chair about 8:30 am Sunday. Needless to say I spend all day nursing one of the most horrible hangovers ever. But this one was a little different. The feeling in my stomach was one of a little bit of cramping, and some nausea. Ok, that's not so odd I didn't think....

Monday rolls around...and I start feeling a little bit better - but my stomach is still off some. I chalk it up to an extended hangover and move on. Tuesday not a whole lot better, with a bit of a turn for the worse in the evening and an increase in the level of nausea. Well here it is Wednesday, and I still feel like crap - 4 days later. The nausea in my stomach is still here, as well as the cramping. I'm beginning to wonder if I haven't seriously hurt myself.

With all the backstory there, my question is this. Have you ever drank so much that you've suffered reprucussions for this long? I've done some stupid things drinking before, but this one's taking the cake. I'm keeping an eye on myself here to make sure that things don't take some sort of nosedive...but I'm truly hoping this is something that will subside soon. Anyone?

The last time I got wasted I was sick for a week. Its takes awhile for your body to purge all that crap out of your system.

I suggest that you eat healthy like soup or something.

Yeah it's not uncommon to feel like shit a couple days after heavy drinking. I have been there and basically what it comes down to is your body still has alcohol present in it. Just drink a lot of water and vomit if need be. The faster your bowels move the alcohol out the faster you will feel better. If it still bothers you on Saturday with no improvement I would consult a doctor, you could have some possible stomach damage.

This is completely normal. It always takes me a few days to recover from heavy drinking (which is why I try not to do it that often).

Yeah I've felt like crap for a few days after some heavy drinking. It sucks but it sounds normal for how much you drank. Its possibly you had a mild case of alcohol poisoning.

your a puss have another drink drink drink
I'll go 1 4 1 grain alchy shots with ya suck it up go go gog ogogogog
j/k next time learn to pace and eat lots of food now

- Yep, it could be alcohol poisioning as stated....
- Could just bea HORRIBLE hangover
- You could've caught something...the flu/cold...I believe your immune systems are down after drinking.
- Did you DO anything else? Women/Drug related?
- Why were you at your PC at 8:30am? ;)

You were probably stupid enough to drink tequila at the end of the night. When I drank tequila and puked, next few days my stomach wasn't right....

Plus, puking and heavy alcohol consumption really messes with all the beneficial bacteria in your stomach, it takes a few days for their numbers to get back up to normal.

Just a friendly reminder: Do not ever take anything with Tylenol in it anytime before, or after drinking ANY BOOZE.

That will easily kill your liver, and once that process starts, it cannot be reversed. And you will die, no joke. Just a couple of extra strength tylenol combined with a night full of heavy drinking can do irreperable harm to your liver. If you think you took any tylenol, or any products containing tylenol, get your @ss to a doctor immediately.

Have a little of the hair of the dog that bit you. In other words, go get drunk ASAP. Really though, after a night of heavy drinking I usually wake up and drink a beer.

Also, what kind of rum. If you drank some cheapass rot gut shit that was distilled in a gas station toilet, then that might be your problem. Stick w/bacardi or el capitan.

Yeah, you'll be fine. Just rest as much as possible, eat some wholesome food, and drink a lot of water as everyone else has said. Try and take a nap too if you can, that always helps me. And as strange as this sounds, having a slight drink sometimes makes me feel better. Maybe like one beer. It works for me sometimes if I'm sick after a few days. I wouldnt recommend it, but it always helps me and its worth a shot.

I'm in the same boat as you right now. I did something even dumber though on monday nite, 25 extra strength tylenol and a bunch of advil. I feel so badly right now, but I'm doing much better then yesterday. I know how you feel right now.

It sounds like I might just be lucky but I've never had a hangover last more than a day. This includes going on spring break and basically drinking all day everyday for a week. :oops:

I always escape the whole hangover business, even when I'm pissing-in-my-pants drunk. I'm just lucky, I guess.
Anyway, you're probably fine. Eat healthy, get some sleep, and maybe exercise a little.

The guy who said you have the flu might be right. If you had something lurking in your system and then drank a lot, you could have hurt your immune system enough to let something get the drop on you.

I'm in the same boat as you right now. I did something even dumber though on monday nite, 25 extra strength tylenol and a bunch of advil. I feel so badly right now, but I'm doing much better then yesterday. I know how you feel right now.

DUDE!!!

Extra Strength Tylenol are 500mg each.

Taking 2 = 1 gram of Acetaminophen
Taking 25 = 12.5 grams

The maximum recommended dose per day is 4grams, thats the level at which toxicity to your liver can begin to occur.

10 grams is about the point where people start dying I think.... (Suicide attempts by ODing on Tylenol, etc, etc)

If you really did take 25, you need to put down the internet RIGHT NOW and get to an Emergency Room. I'm not kidding dude.

PS: If you're thinking "but I feel better today", do a google search on Tylenol and Liver disease....this thing can take days and days to do its damage, but the 25-at-once thing is more than enough to get you in trouble.

I'm no doctor, but these warnings are all over the web......and if you are serious this isn't a joke, you need to go to a doctor ASAP.

[quote name='HeadRusch']DUDE!!!

Extra Strength Tylenol are 500mg each.

Taking 2 = 1 gram of Acetaminophen
Taking 25 = 12.5 grams

The maximum recommended dose per day is 4grams, thats the level at which toxicity to your liver can begin to occur.

10 grams is about the point where people start dying I think.... (Suicide attempts by ODing on Tylenol, etc, etc)

If you really did take 25, you need to put down the internet RIGHT NOW and get to an Emergency Room. I'm not kidding dude.

PS: If you're thinking "but I feel better today", do a google search on Tylenol and Liver disease....this thing can take days and days to do its damage, but the 25-at-once thing is more than enough to get you in trouble.

I'm no doctor, but these warnings are all over the web......and if you are serious this isn't a joke, you need to go to a doctor ASAP.[/QUOTE]

I won't deny, I was an idiot. But I'll be ok, I'm not gonna die. I thank you for your concern, but I'll be alright. And I'm never gonna do it again. It was the dumbest thing I've ever done in my whole life, but I'll be alright. Thanks again though.

You have all the symptoms of a slight case of alcohol poisoning. if its still bugging you get to a doctor. If it gets worse again go to the hospital.
Its possibly fatal in major cases.

Ok, I don' t want to panic you...and you and I don't know each other, but this has the potential to be very, very serious. I can only tell you what I've read online when I was taking a bunch of tylenol for back pain I was having.

As a fellow gamer, you gotta take care of yourself man.....I hope you do whats best for you.

If you took 25 pills, and you care about yourself or people around you, go to the doctors or the emergency room right now.

If you dont want to do that, the best I can do is wish you and your body the best of luck...you could have dodged a bullet on your own, for your sake I certainly hope so.

Anyhow...I wont preach.....but think about the bigger picture here and good luck either way.

Have one beer (and one beer ONLY)for next day hangovers (for the headache) and then follow immediately up with LOTS and I mean LOTS of water. Even if you keep pissing in the toilet for what seems like forever, don't stop periodically drinking water till your stomach calms down and the headache fades. If it lasts more than 5 days, get your ass to a doc.

Hangovers come primarily from dehydration.

Solution: Several glasses of water at bedtime with 1 ASPIRIN...just one...NO TYLENOL. Advil is ok but I'd stick with the old fashioned stuff, Aspirin is the way to go. This is because if you've had too much you'll wind up puking it up anyhow.

When you wake up, after you're done chuckin up last nights tequila and TacoBell, drink more water and then

Water is the only solution to a hangover....ingesting more alcohol just dehydrates you more and will only compound the problem.

[quote name='HeadRusch']Ok, I don' t want to panic you...and you and I don't know each other, but this has the potential to be very, very serious. I can only tell you what I've read online when I was taking a bunch of tylenol for back pain I was having.

As a fellow gamer, you gotta take care of yourself man.....I hope you do whats best for you.

If you took 25 pills, and you care about yourself or people around you, go to the doctors or the emergency room right now.

If you dont want to do that, the best I can do is wish you and your body the best of luck...you could have dodged a bullet on your own, for your sake I certainly hope so.

Anyhow...I wont preach.....but think about the bigger picture here and good luck either way.[/QUOTE]

I know, I mean, I just checked some of the articles on the web and they seemed to say that chronic liver failure with tylenol will hae to be supplemented by alcohol, which I wisely choose not to drink. I am never, ever gonna take tylenol like that again and I think i'm gonna hold off as much as I can for the rest of my life. But I think you also overestimated the amount I took. I remember once someone took 120 regular ones and lived. I don't think what i did was enough to kill me or even hurt me. I was totally conherent the whole time. I won't deny, what I did was very dangerous, but honestly I feel fine today, if I hurt myself, i wouldve been in the hospital already. I appreciate your concern, but I'll be ok and I won't do it ever again.

With all the backstory there, my question is this. Have you ever drank so much that you've suffered reprucussions for this long? I've done some stupid things drinking before, but this one's taking the cake. I'm keeping an eye on myself here to make sure that things don't take some sort of nosedive...but I'm truly hoping this is something that will subside soon. Anyone?

Well I did sire three children, with four different women... :shock:

The way I understand it:

Liver Failure risk is increased by combining Alcohol and Acetamenophen, because both substances use up the same enzyme in your Liver to be processed.

Your liver uses the enzyme on the alcohol FIRST, I guess its easier to break down or something......so while its doing that, converting the alcohol out of your system with this enzyme, the tylenol is building up in your body....if your liver uses up all the enzyme on the alcohol conversion, the tylenol can't be converted..and then it goes from pain-reliever, to deady liver-cell killer.

But....thats just an intensifying affect....Tylenol + Booze = Quick way to Liver Failure.

If you take a bunch of tylenol, the same principle applies. Your liver only has so much of this enzyme to go around...and its going to use it all up to work on that tylenol in your system..if it runs out, and you still have tylenol in your system, the same thing happens..it turns to poision, and starts to kill liver cells.

I wish you, seriously, all the best.....I hope you're ok and this whole thing can be chalked up to a learning experience....if it were me, I'd sleep better at night if I found out. But to each his own....hope it all works out ok for you.

I once woke up half nekkid lying in a pool of my own vomit in the middle of a cornfield. I ended up somewhere in Kansas... when I was in Michigan the night before.

I read the thread's subject and was expecting a surprise.

I think I may have actually hurt myself drinking...Draino.

I think I may have actually hurt myself drinking...while bungie jumping.

Maybe I just have my thread expectations too high or something.

Most people that feel really shitty after a night of drinking don't take care of themselves on a day to day basis so the booze just makes it hurt more.

[quote name='Jrunt20x']I won't deny, I was an idiot. But I'll be ok, I'm not gonna die. I thank you for your concern, but I'll be alright. And I'm never gonna do it again. [/QUOTE]

LOL. I've said that before...

That having been said, I never knew that about Acetometaphin. I have taken two as a part of sinus medicine before drinking beers quite a few times. What do you think, Headruch, is my liver screwed?

BTW, I feel fine these days.

[quote name='camoor']LOL. I've said that before...

That having been said, I never knew that about Acetometaphin. I have taken two as a part of sinus medicine before drinking beers quite a few times. What do you think, Headruch, is my liver screwed?

BTW, I feel fine these days.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I'm not gonna do it again because I didn't even trip. So why take the chance and not even get high? I'll stick to other things that won't screw my liver.

[quote name='daikaiju']First off - this is not a bragging thread. I think this is one of the most idiotic things I have ever done. I'm posting because I'm actually a little concerned and wondering if anyone else has ever experienced similar symptoms from a near alcohol poisoining / binge drinking episode.

Saturday night, I attended at birthday party that started at 5pm. At said party I drank 1/2 fifth of rum - yeah, I know - no lectures please. That would normally be bad enough - but to make matters worse, a friend picked me up at 11 pm, and we hit the bar. Once at the bar I started downing the guiness, and somewhere around 12:30 - someone said something about Jaegerbombs. The last thing I remember was the purchase of the 3rd round of these then the lights went out. From what I'm told, I was somewhat coherant and mobile over the course of the next few hours with the final result of hurling massive spew out the window of a friends car. The next thing I remember is waking up sitting in my computer chair about 8:30 am Sunday. Needless to say I spend all day nursing one of the most horrible hangovers ever. But this one was a little different. The feeling in my stomach was one of a little bit of cramping, and some nausea. Ok, that's not so odd I didn't think....

Monday rolls around...and I start feeling a little bit better - but my stomach is still off some. I chalk it up to an extended hangover and move on. Tuesday not a whole lot better, with a bit of a turn for the worse in the evening and an increase in the level of nausea. Well here it is Wednesday, and I still feel like crap - 4 days later. The nausea in my stomach is still here, as well as the cramping. I'm beginning to wonder if I haven't seriously hurt myself.

With all the backstory there, my question is this. Have you ever drank so much that you've suffered reprucussions for this long? I've done some stupid things drinking before, but this one's taking the cake. I'm keeping an eye on myself here to make sure that things don't take some sort of nosedive...but I'm truly hoping this is something that will subside soon. Anyone?[/QUOTE]

I've never been sick for a week, but definitely my stomach hasn't been right for a couple of days before. I don't think you have anything to worry about. When you mix like you did, you're bound for trouble and Jaeger always seems to do me in when I do shots of it. Just drink a lot of water, and force yourself to eat. Usually when I feel like that I have to puke again before I start feeling better. So just chug a bunch of water and wait for your body to spew it back up to get some of the extra alcohol out.

Either way, that's a pretty good night. :D :beer:

This is pathetic, but whenever my friends get drunk, I'm 15 BTW and so are they, they sleep a lot and try to stay mildly active.

Before spring break, my fraternity threw a party, and I made the mistake of getting ridiculously hammered at said party, pretty much to the degree that you have described.

I had a terrible hangover the next day, but the bulk of it got better, though I also had stomach problems for about a week. I would just eat rather healthily for the next week or so, and you'll be fine.

Daikaiju - I had the exact same thing happen to me about 2 years ago. It was Marti Gras, just before I moved to DC. It was the last night out I was going to have with the boys before I moved. Needless to say, I drank a shitload and ended up in the same predicament as you did (sans throwup). Alcohol poisoning is not the problem. You have damaged the inner lining of your stomach and could even have injured your kidneys. I suggest (as the Kaiser advice nurse did for me 2 years ago) lots of saltines and water. Don't eat anything hard or heavy for the next few weeks or you'll end up with the same pain. If you haven't already seen a doctor, do it now. The damage could be for life. Ever since my "episode" I cannot drink beer without getting sick. Either nausea or dizzyness sets in. I also have occassional kidney pain. Get checked out man. You could have really hurt yourself.

[quote name='Jrunt20x']Seriously, I'm not gonna do it again because I didn't even trip. So why take the chance and not even get high? I'll stick to other things that won't screw my liver.[/QUOTE]

You took that many Tylenols to try and get a trip going? Where did you hear that it can even happen? Man, the only time I've EVER heard of overconsumption of Tylenol has been in suicide attempts...

Next time try Robitussin. Actually, no, if you have to do drugs, just smoke herb like everyone else. Not that you should do any of it.

[quote name='theq87']You took that many Tylenols to try and get a trip going? Where did you hear that it can even happen? Man, the only time I've EVER heard of overconsumption of Tylenol has been in suicide attempts...

Next time try Robitussin. Actually, no, if you have to do drugs, just smoke herb like everyone else. Not that you should do any of it.[/QUOTE]

Like everyone who smoke herb says...it stops working after a while...

[quote name='Jrunt20x']Seriously, I'm not gonna do it again because I didn't even trip. So why take the chance and not even get high? I'll stick to other things that won't screw my liver.[/QUOTE]

drunk is not high. One is legal...

I knew a guy in the drinkers frat who tried to live off of Ramen and beer for a semester. After about 7 weeks he went to the health center. He told us that after checking him out the doctor left, came back, and said "I don't know how to tell you this, but you're the first case of scurvy I've ever seen here" When my friend asked how to cure it the doc shrugged and said "Why don't you go eat an orange"

[quote name='camoor']drunk is not high. One is legal...[/QUOTE]

Did you even read my posts? Thought so, next time try using that 5th grade education you got there. Thanks!

A Vit. B complex normally helps hangovers along with lots of water....if you take it before you drink it helps you to eliminate hangovers.

If it doesn't feel right you and is giving you cause for consern, consult a doctor...even just phone in and ask them exactly what you said here...they'll know more than anyone here.

Kayden hurt himself while drinking once...he went to a party one night, I don't know exactly what he had to drink, but he woke up the next morning and his hand wouldn't work...it just flopped...for about two months. something happened to the nerve that it wouldn't pick up any signals...forget what it was called...it had a name I know it did...

[quote name='Jrunt20x']Did you even read my posts? Thought so, next time try using that 5th grade education you got there. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I see what you're saying now. Giving up booze to do hard recreational drugs because you think that it's safer :dunce:. Taking 25 tylenol in one night because you think that you read on the internet that someone took 120 tylenol and lived.

Oh yeah, you're the genius in the room! :applause:

Gamer's Girlfriend said:
he woke up the next morning and his hand wouldn't work...it just flopped...for about two months. something happened to the nerve that it wouldn't pick up any signals...forget what it was called...it had a name I know it did...

Yah, it's called he ran outta his Viagra refills. Just so ya know, if it's not connected to the arm, and grows from a pinky to a middle finger at times for what appears to be no reason, it's definately notta hand.

[quote name='camoor']I see what you're saying now. Giving up booze to do hard recreational drugs because you think that it's safer :dunce:. Taking 25 tylenol in one night because you think that you read on the internet that someone took 120 tylenol and lived.

Oh yeah, you're the genius in the room! :applause:[/QUOTE]

I was in the room when the man did it. Swing and a miss!

I one time drank a fifth of orange vodka, minus a half inch in the bottom of the bottle. I woke up the next day with my head laying in a trash can with vomit in various places. Took a few days to recover, definitely.

Also, not too long ago, I drank what I thought was not very much, guess I lost track. Anyway, the next day I felt probably worse than i ever have from drinking. I threw up ten times (yeah, I was able to keep track of that). Every time I ingested anything, including water, nothing would stay down. Also took a while to get back from that one.

I would say wait it out a few more days. Then worry.

[quote name='Jrunt20x']I was in the room when the man did it. Swing and a miss![/QUOTE]

Something tells me you may have fallen in with the wrong crowd, my friend...

bread's done
Back