I think ninja gaiden sucks =/

bruce_pwns_j00

CAGiversary!
Now guys dont kill me for this but I really dont like the game. I felt that it was basically dmc on an extreme difficulty level. No im not saying this because Im baised I really dont like it. I know Im goning to be flamed to hell but oh well I just wanted to give my opinion.

[quote name='bruce_pwns_j00']Now guys dont kill me for this but I really dont like the game. I felt that it was basically dmc on an extreme difficulty level. No im not saying this because Im baised I really dont like it. I know Im goning to be flamed to hell but oh well I just wanted to give my opinion.[/quote]

This really belongs more in the reviews forum, for starters.

I only played the first four levels and to say that all 3rd person action games are derived from DMC is essentially the point you are making.

that does not make either game bad. I really liked Ninja Gaiden from what I played. I found the game to be a great way to take the level of difficulty of the original NES games and put them into a 3D enviorment.

I'm actually waiting for it to go cheap before I pick it up for that very reason...I have a feeling I won't like it as much as other people seem to. I just usually don't like that style of game...although I do want to play through it eventually.

The NES Ninja Gaiden games (er, except for the crappy 3rd one) were my favorite 8 bit games next to Metal Gear .

Its a fun as hell game IMO but the diffuculty and frustration doesnt warrent the 50$ price tag...I will pick it up when it drops to 30 or 20...but Im gunna pick it up before it turns silver and looks bad

Ninja Gaiden is an awesome game and just because you suck at it doesn't make it suck. Devil may cry wasn't the first action game with a sword was it. Why don't you go whine about how it ripped off jedi knight cause that came out way earlier.

im glad im not alone. i beat the demo and thought it sucked. it was kind of hard but i didnt like how few kinds enemies there were and how all the enemies were killed with the same tactics.

Well, i found it to be hard enough that it somewhat took away from the fun factor and experience with the frustration factor at points.... So its worth buying when its a bit cheaper, for sure.

Bullship, i dont think hes trying to start a flame thread.

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned the camera. The extreme difficulty of the game I could have dealt with, but the camera was just a constant source of aggrivation for me and the reason why I gave up on the game.

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned the camera. The extreme difficulty of the game I could have dealt with, but the camera was just a constant source of aggrivation for me and the reason why I gave up on the game.

i found this game pretty easy...and extremely fun...the first time around, i had trouble on a few bosses, but once i figured out how to beat everyone, it was extremely easy....i flew through the game the 2nd time through

[quote name='sketch226']I'm suprised nobody has mentioned the camera. The extreme difficulty of the game I could have dealt with, but the camera was just a constant source of aggrivation for me and the reason why I gave up on the game.[/quote]
its fucking hell

People who think Ninja Gaiden is hard are pussies. Button mashers will get nowhere with this game. As Tomonobu Itagaki said, "the enemies in other games are there for you to kill. In Ninja Gaiden, they're there to kill you."

Word. Itagaki is one of the coolest developers I've met so far. 8)

Yeah it was fun for the first few minutes, but then it felt like I was playing rygar with a sword. Not as good as the NES games and the arcade game is still the best ever.

The game actually get's easier as you go along anyway, since you get much better weapons and skillsets. I think the beginning is only there to weed out those who don't like the challange.

after hearing about the difficulty and frustating-ness ? factor of the game.. for the sake of my currently unbroken xbox controller S, i believe i will not play this game... or i'll atleast wait till it drops really low

The camera was not a problem for me. I really really liked the game and even considered keeping an Xbox due to it. It is that good.

Petey rose made a good point, although I think the guy who made Ninja Gaiden should stop making crappy fighting games and make another Ninja Gaiden

[quote name='CaptainObviousXl'][quote name='sketch226']I'm suprised nobody has mentioned the camera. The extreme difficulty of the game I could have dealt with, but the camera was just a constant source of aggrivation for me and the reason why I gave up on the game.[/quote]
its shaq-fuing hell[/quote]

that sounds like DMC, the camera sucked, but you got used to it. (it really sucked on some of the boss battles)

Great game. Initially frustrating but after 4 or 5 levels it smoothed out. Learning to center the camera is essential. I've beaten it on all levels unlocked everything and still jam on this game once or twice a week.

[quote name='peteyrose']People who think Ninja Gaiden is hard are pussies. Button mashers will get nowhere with this game. As Tomonobu Itagaki said, "the enemies in other games are there for you to kill. In Ninja Gaiden, they're there to kill you."

Word. Itagaki is one of the coolest developers I've met so far. 8)[/quote]

Haha... That quote is spot on and funny too. I think once you get accustomed to the fighting system the game gets rewarding really quick. At first it seems impossible and the camera is all over the place, but for me after beating that fatty cyborg boss I started to really get into the game.

You aren't going to get anywhere by button-mashing like petey said. Have some patience and force yourself to slow down and block. The whole game experience will change drastically.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The camera was not a problem for me. I really really liked the game and even considered keeping an Xbox due to it. It is that good.

Petey rose made a good point, although I think the guy who made Ninja Gaiden should stop making crappy fighting games and make another Ninja Gaiden[/quote]

They are making another one. I think the crappy fighting games are there to create better graphics engines and make money. Like the quake and doom series.

Who the hell said i dont like hard games? i like a challenge. it gives me something to work at so the end is really something you worked to get to. im not a button masher either. just because i dont like it doesnt mean im a pussy

[quote name='bruce_pwns_j00']Who the hell said i dont like hard games? i like a challenge. it gives me something to work at so the end is really something you worked to get to. im not a button masher either. just because i dont like it doesnt mean im a pussy[/quote]

Actually, under the Pussies in Gaming Act of '01, it does.

I think the game is awesome but way to hard. it is so hard to the point where i am stuck on chapter 2, and i dont even wanna play nemore

[quote name='bruce_pwns_j00']Now guys dont kill me for this but I really dont like the game. I felt that it was basically dmc on an extreme difficulty level. No im not saying this because Im baised I really dont like it. I know Im goning to be flamed to hell but oh well I just wanted to give my opinion.[/quote]

There is no reason for anyone to kill you over your opinion. The fact that you don't like it shouldn't lessen anyone else's enjoyment of the game. This isn't Gamefaqs. I can understand why you don't like it. It is not a game for everyone. Instead of simply saying it sucks, you also gave a reason. That's good enough for me.

Personally, I think it is a great game. As other people have said, it is pretty difficult in the beginning. But when you get more moves in your moveset (Counters, Izuna Drop, and Guillotine Throw especially), it gets more manageable.

The camera was a turn off at first but now I have gotten used to it. At first I didn't like it but that was because I just had beaten Prince of Persia (which has a great camera IMO).

I'm on chapter 10 right now and I am loving it so far.

The camera was the best they could do for such a fast paced game...As with DMC...You cant have a fast action 3D game and not have a bad camera...They tried as hard as they could to make it the best they could and I think they did a damn good job...I will be buying this when It drops in price

This was one of the few games I paid full price for. It is very difficult, but there are little tricks you can do with swarms of bats to get loads of essense to buy all the potions you can hold. The graphics are outstanding as is the music. I would not recommend paying full price for it at this point in time. It is sure to come down soon. I do highly recommend it for any XBox collection. I think $29.99 would be a very fair price for the game. If you think the game sucks, you are entitled to your opinion. I'm sure gamers feel this way with many difficult games. This game is one of the toughest I've ever played. But, I was persistent and finally finished it. I'm keeping it to play again some day. I learned new forms of profanity while playing this game, lol.

[quote name='BULL_Ship']Ninja Gaiden is an awesome game and just because you suck at it doesn't make it suck. Devil may cry wasn't the first action game with a sword was it. Why don't you go whine about how it ripped off jedi knight cause that came out way earlier.[/quote]

This is an awesome quote. Have you ever even PLAYED Jedi Knight? The idea wasn't that DMC and Ninja Gaiden shared the fact that the main character had a sword - it was the gameplay style. Additionally, a light saber isn't a sword and they work differently. Jedi Knight is also a first person shooter.

Anyway, Ninja Gaiden is overrated in terms of difficulty. The game's good, but I didn't like it very much. Shinobi's much more fun, imo.

normal is cake once you get past the learning curve...

v.hard makes my brain hurt...

games like this, viewtiful joe, metal slug 3 and ikaruga are great for thinning out the herd a little bit for the, dareisayit...."hardcore"?

bread's done
Back