I thOughTT we agreed to nOTT use "otta" in the title of the OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bro's trying to get a charity gig together for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. He's already got Cascadia for $7500. Is that cheap for a singer?

Now I want to help somehow, so anyone got any good bands/singers. So far I've got on a list for possible ones:
All American Rejects
Panic at the Disco
Evanescence
Dragonforce
Rascal Flatts

Remember, we're trying to get bands that people know the songs, but haven't really made much new. They're cheaper that way and pull in some cash.

[quote name='Hex']Probably. :lol: ANother artist did a great picture of him, but it's quite unsuitable to post here. ;)

Eh, not very much, actually. Considering pretty much all of you wouldn't be able to relate, you wouldn't find it very interesting. :lol:[/quote]

d'oah! curiosity killed the cat.... PMit to me then... I'm sure I'll regret that, but that's ok.

You might be surprised what people find interesting...

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']d'oah! curiosity killed the cat.... PMit to me then... I'm sure I'll regret that, but that's ok.

You might be surprised what people find interesting...[/quote]

Done. Show it to Lionheart. :D

I just noticed your profile picture. How long's that been around? :lol:

[quote name='Predator21281']My bro's trying to get a charity gig together for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. He's already got Cascadia for $7500. Is that cheap for a singer?

Now I want to help somehow, so anyone got any good bands/singers. So far I've got on a list for possible ones:
All American Rejects
Panic at the Disco
Evanescence
Dragonforce
Rascal Flatts

Remember, we're trying to get bands that people know the songs, but haven't really made much new. They're cheaper that way and pull in some cash.[/quote]
I have done event planning before and I wanna say most of those bands will go for $15k-30k. no joke. the blackeyed peas charged my college $10k in cash PLUS $10k in rediculous extras, like the stuff they wanted in their dressing rooms, hotel rooms, etc. it cost a total of $25k to get them to play at our school for SpringFest.

[quote name='Hex']Done. Show it to Lionheart. :D

I just noticed your profile picture. How long's that been around? :lol:[/quote]
Since I joined CAG ;)

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']I have done event planning before and I wanna say most of those bands will go for $15k-30k. no joke. the blackeyed peas charged my college $10k in cash PLUS $10k in rediculous extras, like the stuff they wanted in their dressing rooms, hotel rooms, etc. it cost a total of $25k to get them to play at our school for SpringFest.[/quote]

[quote name='Hex']Done. Show it to Lionheart. :D

I just noticed your profile picture. How long's that been around? :lol:[/quote]

Since I joined CAG ;)

Tiph, the second one is much better than the first, though the first reminds me of the ATHF standards and practices episode, which always makes me laugh. :D

Edit: Shit. Chika has informed me of her error. Scratch that. I can deal with some poonani hanging out, but ballsac is another story entirely.

I probably know of a few artists (deviantart) you might enjoy. Let me know if you want me to PM you a couple links.

Edit 2: Yeah... you'd probably only like that art I was talking about if you appreciate aspects of the female form. So I dunno...

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Could be awhile longer too. Companies only have to mail them before 1/31, I believe.

I'm still waiting for a bunch of stuff, mostly interest statements (student loans, mortgage, bank accounts, etc.).[/QUOTE]

I'm lucky I don't have any student loans. I'm still waiting from the mortgage information from Chase as they bought the loan from the other company who originally provided me the mortgage. My Wachovia savings account had $9.97 in interested for the year so no taxes there! And ING's was put online so all I had to do was print it out. I know my tax return is going to be damn good this year since the mortgage to the house is in my name and we also purchased the house back in April.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Tiph, the second one is much better than the first, though the first reminds me of the ATHF standards and practices episode, which always makes me laugh. :D[/quote]

Haha, yeah. If I had a print of the second, I'd probably display that too.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']I have done event planning before and I wanna say most of those bands will go for $15k-30k. no joke. the blackeyed peas charged my college $10k in cash PLUS $10k in rediculous extras, like the stuff they wanted in their dressing rooms, hotel rooms, etc. it cost a total of $25k to get them to play at our school for SpringFest.

Since I joined CAG ;)[/quote]

Wow, I'm dense. :lol:

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']these days, the "standard" for curtains is 84" so that they are hung from floor to ceiling, or damn near it. It's supposedly some fasion/design thing that makes the room look larger by creating a long flowing line. short curtains you can git through catalogues and online for cheap. I wanna say I got ours for like $10-$20 per pair. I like brylanehome.com and domestications.com[/quote]the one i was going to get was like $20 for something like 84x96. Thats way too much for some curtains for my apartment.

here is my sheet curtain.

[quote name='DT778']the one i was going to get was like $20 for something like 84x96. Thats way too much for some curtains for my apartment.

here are my sheets curtains.
[/quote]

96" is the width i believe. The "proper" ratio of curtain width to window width is at least 2:1 so that when the curtains are closed, they're not pulled taught.

my bad, the 9x was the lenght. That window has a width of 54 so that was also part of the reason I went cheap on it. fuck having to buy two pairs of curtains. Im glad I put them up already, having only blinds was kinda uneasy.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']96" is the width i believe. The "proper" ratio of curtain width to window width is at least 2:1 so that when the curtains are closed, they're not pulled taught.[/quote]
That sounds a lot like the prefered ratio for my women. 2:1 :bouncy::cool::bouncy:

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']so what did all ya'll have for dinner?[/quote]

Some soggy hay and oats.

fucking melted snow. :cry:

[quote name='Hex']Some soggy hay and oats.

fucking melted snow. :cry:[/quote]

funny thing, just the past couple of days did it actually go below freezing here and it's been snowing (albeit no accumulation)

I had some soggy Hall & Oates.

507253_356x237.jpg

[quote name='Brak']I had some soggy Hall & Oates.

507253_356x237.jpg
[/quote]

LOL

at one point i worked for a radio station. hall & oats were playing at a venue near here. i had to work at the radio station booth at the concert.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']LOL

at one point i worked for a radio station. hall & oats were playing at a venue near here. i had to work at the radio station booth at the concert.[/QUOTE]
Thank the heavens they don't have me do that shit at my job.

[quote name='Brak']Thank the heavens they don't have me do that shit at my job.[/quote]
i was on the promotions team and i had to go to all of the radio station events.

the worst was the 'open house' for a new housing development. they had like 5 model homes open on a farm that was mowed down to nothing but dirt. it was in either July or August in the fucking middle of the afternoon.

[quote name='Moxio']Excellent choice of avatar/sig combo.[/quote]

Thanks. I decided it was time for a change and with the massive amount I've been playing Blood Money since picking it up, it seemed appropriate.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']i was on the promotions team and i had to go to all of the radio station events.[/QUOTE]
My boss once asked me if I'd be interested in doing remote broadcasts... on the other end, where I'm the dickhead on the mic.

My response:

Hell, no!

[quote name='Brak']My boss once asked me if I'd be interested in doing remote broadcasts... on the other end, where I'm the dickhead on the mic.

My response:

Hell, no![/quote]

Oh god, remotes. My dad's offering me the job to help set them up for his local station.. not too appealing but then again, I would be making $10 a fuckin hour.

I seem to have absolutely no ability to mount an interest in the Hitman games. I installed Blood Money, played 5 minutes of the first level, went to bed and uninstalled it the next day. :lol:

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Thanks. I decided it was time for a change and with the massive amount I've been playing Blood Money since picking it up, it seemed appropriate.[/quote]

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']so what did all ya'll have for dinner?[/QUOTE]

Spinach and mushroom pizza with white sauce.

[quote name='Hex']Oh god, remotes. My dad's offering me the job to help set them up for his local station.. not too appealing but then again, I would be making $10 a fuckin hour.[/QUOTE]
I can't stand remotes. By far, the worst part of my job (when I have to do them).

I do them on the other end, though; manning the soundboard at the station.

Can't stand working with the "talent".

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']so what did all ya'll have for dinner?[/quote] toss up between microwavable lasagna or chili cheese dogs using regular bread since I don’t have any hot dog buns.

[quote name='Kayden']I seem to have absolutely no ability to mount an interest in the Hitman games. I installed Blood Money, played 5 minutes of the first level, went to bed and uninstalled it the next day. :lol:[/quote]

I love them all. Never beat em, cause gamer ADD sets in, but I love playing them. I've been going through Blood Money fast as hell, so far beating every mission up to and including A Murder Of Crows, with three of them being Silent Assassin rankings.

Though I also love replaying old levels with dual Hardballers and excecuting every single person.

No witnesses.

[quote name='Kayden']I seem to have absolutely no ability to mount an interest in the Hitman games. I installed Blood Money, played 5 minutes of the first level, went to bed and uninstalled it the next day. :lol:[/QUOTE]

You dirty rat! Why don't you go back to playing ghey games like Lumines!!! :(

[quote name='Brak']I can't stand remotes. By far, the worst part of my job (when I have to do them).

I do them on the other end, though; manning the soundboard at the station.

Can't stand working with the "talent".[/quote]

Why did you hate them so much? Just a lot of useless fuckwit fans to deal with?

At least it would mean $3+ an hour, working outside some dingy basement, and actually interracting with people.

Those three are things that I lack and hate about my current job. :lol:

[quote name='Hex']Why did you hate them so much? Just a lot of useless fuckwit fans to deal with?

At least it would mean $3+ an hour, working outside some dingy basement, and actually interracting with people.

Those three are things that I lack and hate about my current job. :lol:[/quote]
the so-called "people" who show up at radio events are like the lowest form of human being. they're worse than white trash. they're smelly old people who stalk the "talent" and are total assholes that constantly try to con the radio station into giving them MORE free promo materials. be it pens, water bottles, tshirts, or concert tickets, they will try to lie, cheat and steal another.

[quote name='Hex']Why did you hate them so much? Just a lot of useless fuckwit fans to deal with?

Those three are things that I lack and hate about my current job. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I hate working with the DJs. :O

[quote name='Brak']I hate working with the DJs. :O[/quote]

i agree. there is substance to the saying "a face made for radio".

they're usually massive, ugly, hairy and full of themselves.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']the so-called "people" who show up at radio events are like the lowest form of human being. they're worse than white trash. they're smelly old people who stalk the "talent" and are total assholes that constantly try to con the radio station into giving them MORE free promo materials. be it pens, water bottles, tshirts, or concert tickets, they will try to lie, cheat and steal another.[/quote]

Ah, gotcha. Considering it's been since I was eight years old or so since I was at a remote, I wasn't quite sure what they were like. :lol: I don't doubt all that shit, though.

[quote name='Brak']I hate working with the DJs. :O[/quote]

Haha, I'd imagine that would suck too.

:lol: I bought that with those free True.com points and played it for 10 minutes. I went to bed and never played it again. Since then, I've played my 360 once and that was Dead rising for 10 minutes until I remembered why I quit playing to begin with.

Other than that, its just occasionally my upscalling DVD player or Anime box. :lol:

[quote name='Moxio']You dirty rat! Why don't you go back to playing ghey games like Lumines!!! :([/quote]

[quote name='Hex']Ah, gotcha. Considering it's been since I was eight years old or so since I was at a remote, I wasn't quite sure what they were like. :lol: I don't doubt all that shit, though.

Haha, I'd imagine that would suck too.[/quote]
There were these two or three people who would in all seriousness stalk the remotes. they'd show up a half hour early and stay until we left. they'd swarm the promo van askin if we had anything we could give them, as soon as we pulled in. when we were leaving, they would swarm the van again asking if there was anything leftover that we could give them. if we had the prize wheel, they'd get back in line and try to spin as many times as they could before we realized they were in line AGAIN. same thing with raffles, etc. they'd take then fill out whole pads of entries and then walk past the booth a dozen times, dropping more in when it's clearly stated 1 entry per household. they were the reason why the studio line has caller-ID.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']There were these two or three people who would in all seriousness stalk the remotes. they'd show up a half hour early and stay until we left. they'd swarm the promo van askin if we had anything we could give them, as soon as we pulled in. when we were leaving, they would swarm the van again asking if there was anything leftover that we could give them. if we had the prize wheel, they'd get back in line and try to spin as many times as they could before we realized they were in line AGAIN. same thing with raffles, etc. they'd take then fill out whole pads of entries and then walk past the booth a dozen times, dropping more in when it's clearly stated 1 entry per household. they were the reason why the studio line has caller-ID.[/quote]

Ah jesus, that sucks. Shitty fans ruin everything. I seem to recall my dad telling me a story about how someone managed to bust in on an interview once. :lol:

[quote name='Dkellar']One of these days, I will own a very large saltwater tank and have a shark![/quote]

For some reason, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective comes to mind.

[quote name='Ace Ventura']Do NOT go in there!! Phewwwww![/QUOTE]

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']For some reason, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective comes to mind.[/quote]

"Do I haff somethink in mah teef?"

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Excuse me sir, I'd like to ass you a question.[/quote]
"Creatures of the forest! Lend me your rears!"

Excuse me whilst I go smear my face with spoo so I can look younger. :D

(http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2607590)

[quote name='Hex']"Creatures of the forest! Lend me your rears!"[/quote]

It was all that Dan Marino's fault, everyone knows that. If he had held the ball, laces out, like he was supposed to, Ray would never have missed that kick. Dan Marino should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back