I Want To Buy A Tamagotchi

whoknows

CAGiversary!
Feedback
86 (99%)
I want to buy a tamagotchi or possibly even a gigapet to relive the glory days of my late teens/early twenties, but I'm not sure which one to get. Looking at amazon.com there's a lot of different kinds, so I'm confused.

Anyone have any advice on this? One with a backlit screen would be sweet so I could play with it under my covers late at night when my parents think I have gone to sleep.

Thanks!

Well I've seen that Tamagotchi has now re-named their line to Tama-Go and you can swap out what characters you want to plug into it, personally I like these two:

tm00669a.jpg

tm00671a.jpg

[quote name='whoknows']I want to buy a tamagotchi or possibly even a gigapet to relive the glory days of my late teens/early twenties, but I'm not sure which one to get. Looking at amazon.com there's a lot of different kinds, so I'm confused.

Anyone have any advice on this? One with a backlit screen would be sweet so I could play with it under my covers late at night when my parents think I have gone to sleep.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k

[quote name='blindinglights']:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

If you want to relive your younger years I suggest finding one that is as similar to what you had when you were younger.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']^^^ He should look for a job instead of a tamagotchi[/QUOTE]

I don't need a job since I get an allowance.

You are going to have a hard time since the last tamagotchi was produced in 2010 in the US and bandai doesn't have any plans of bringing the new japanese models to the USA the last time I checked. Smartphone and iPhone adoption is just too high in the US for this type of toy to survive on market, children lose interest quickly and go back to playing with their mobile device especially when the device has an outdated black and white screen. They should just make it an app but then they would lose tons of money on it.

There aren't any with backlights in the USA unless you go with a japanese model which would be expensive and unless you can read and speak Japanese you might have a bit of a hard time with it.

The best one is the Tama Go because it uses 2 AAA batteries so no more spending on those coin cell batteries, but at least you can get those batteries online cheap these days.

If you really want a tamagotchi I suggest going for the one you had as a kid if you want to relive nostalgia.

bread's done
Back