I was accused of Shoplifting Thread...

I have never shoplifted before but I knew a woman who made shoplifting from Wal-Mart her regular f*cking career. Her husband was against it but she came up with ways to get damn near anything all the way from lingerie to a fully constructed baby crib, which she wheeled right up and out the front door without even exchanging glances with anybody. Although she is cleaned up now, she was quite the cleptomaniac back then.

[quote name='ZeroSupporT']I have never shoplifted before but I knew a woman who made shoplifting from Wal-Mart her regular f*cking career. Her husband was against it but she came up with ways to get damn near anything all the way from lingerie to a fully constructed baby crib, which she wheeled right up and out the front door without even exchanging glances with anybody. Although she is cleaned up now, she was quite the cleptomaniac back then.[/QUOTE]

Shes got teh mad skillzor.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I knew this dude a long time ago that would wear a hoodie, ratty jeans, and had his hair dyed green. Cool dude... nice guy... but anyway, he went into the movies one time, and one of the ushers thought that he was trying to sneak into an R rated movie (he was under 17 at the time). So, he slowed down his walk until the usher was about to tap him on the shoulder. Suddenly, he yells out, "LET'S PLAY THE TRUST GAME!" and falls backwards. The usher literally pissed his pants and fell backwards; luckily a moviegoer that was passing by caught my friend. :)

Then, my friend says, "I bought a ticket for this movie" and pointed to the PG-13 door that he was about to enter.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lord knows you might see something in a rated R film that hasn't been shown a half dozen times on basic cable....

I got caught shoplifting when I was 3. I inadvertantly walked out of a Kenny's with a shoe from the display rack because, you know... I was 3. I remember the store owner telling me she was going to call the police - it scared the shit out of me and my mother kind of yelled at the lady for being such a cunt. I remember it vividly.

I was never accused of shoplifting , but one of the security gaurds followed me to the clearance isle and then to the electronics department at Walmart. The girl who is the electronics department manager came up and started talking to me. He quite following me then.

I've never actually even been watched or accused of shoplifting yet I do it time to time on bets, but still. They never suspect the little white kid ;)

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']I've been accused of shoplifting in fucking KMart. I was walking around the game section, and I geuss the people in Detroit are prejudiced against goths or something, and 2 security gaurds tailed me while i was looking at games. I was pissed. I looked right at them and they hid. Then they came up to me and said "what are you doing?" And I replied "I'm looking at games, is their a problem?" They made me empty my pockets, which was stupid, and when they found nothing, they got this stupid look on their faces like, SHIT.

I geuss people really don't like people who dress in all black.[/QUOTE]

Why empty your pockets for them? I would tell them to go to hell. If they detain you and call the cops I would just sue them for wrongful arrest.

Amen, people need to know their rights. Even if you have stolen something, they have ZERO ability to MAKE you empty anything or detain you.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']I told a muslim looking friend that I wanted to blow up the air port, while in an airport, walking by a middle aged white guy who started staring at us like I was serious. This was probably a few months after 9/11.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:
Damn man, you're lucky your ass isn't in Guantanamo right now.

Ok, next day follow-up.

After complaining to the manager, they were kissing my ass. An apology letter is on it's way (no mention of a gift card, that would be nice). "Disciplinary action was taken". Cool.

A lot of people posted that they look 'suspicious' to store security. I always thought I look pretty plain/honest (whatever that looks like). I'm 30, half white/latino, but look pretty white, I'm 6'5", 240 and in pretty good shape. Most people who meet me, think I'm a cop or in the service still. I dressed in shorts, but it was 82 degrees outside, and a majority of the Borders customers were wearing the same.

I don't remember stealing ANYTHING in my life. Even in grammer school, I was a good kid. Ok, I stole a few hearts in my life...

Maybe I'll post the apology letter in anyone is interested.

I'm still debating whether to go back in the store after the treatment I received.

when I was about 9-10 I was in a dept. store with my grams and i went and hung out in the toy section. It was cold outside so I actually had a thick jacket on. Anyways I notice the security guard was eyeballing me so I went looking for my grams and he comes up to me and says to open my jacket. I of course had nothing and he doesn't even say sorry or nothing. I didn't even tell my grams I was so embarrassed. If this had happened a couple of years later I would have snapped but at the time I was still a good kid.

Heh this reminds me when I was younger we would take the security stickers off of stuff at some stores and stick them onto the bottom of our shoes. When the machine would beep we would make a big commotion and yell that we were a victim of racial profiling (we were all white and my area of maine was probably 96% white) and we would pretty much clown the clerks. It was always good for an hour of entertainment here and there

One time I was at borders and accidentally walked out with 2 magazines. I was about halfway down the street when I realized it. But I took them back.
I have a few friends that are addicted to stealing. One of em slipped stuff in her bag while talking to the store owner.

I'm a serious klepto when I'm on xanax, I take little trips to wal-mart and fill my pockets to the brim with stuff. I actually walked out with 3 wavebirds in my short pockets about a year ago. I dont steal sober though.

My brother stole godzilla VHS' from Suncoast Videos when he was a toddler, by sticking the tapes under a pillow in his stroller...with no help from anyone...my mom caught him, but it was well worth the laugh

I used to work at a smaller walmart where we had our very own "undercover" cop where he would look at you through clotheing racks and just stare like he was watching the neighbor strip. It was always funny to watch him work and he was pretty good at catching people.

And one time out of no where a man and woman came up and asked if the previous customer had payed for a cd,I couldnt even remeber what i had for breakfast and I sure as hell couldnt remember if they had a bought a cd so I said they did to get them off my case.

Me and my friend were stopped for shoplifting. The guy asked my friend to lift up his shirt, turns out my friend is just fat.:booty:

3 years ago I was banned from Walmart because they thought I was stealing a pair of $2 sandals.

It was a slight misunderstanding but the security guard didnt want to hear any of it, he just thought of me as a punk who was stealing when it was just an honest mistake.

He took us (me, my sister, and her boyfriend) to a small backroom and then accused my sisters boyfriend of trying to "run off" because he was a couple steps ahead of us and didnt hear the guy ask me to stop.

I asked him if he was going to call the cops and he was like, "If you keep your mouth shut and you're good, maybe I wont"

The stupid thing was that I was banned at around 3pm and I had just been in there at like 1am and bought a Gamecube (still had the receipt in my pocket), had over $60 in cash in my pocket, and my dads credit card..trust me, I wasnt trying to steal a pair of $2 sandals.

Oh, and then they guy went on and tried to accuse me of stealing over things but every time I would notice someone and "freak out and put it back" ...erm..no. They said I tried taking some stupid tire lights but the funny thing is that (at the time) I didnt even have my own car and there was no way in hell my dad would let me put that crap on his :|

i got accused of shoplifting..by a large (err..color will not be mentioned) woman in PATHMARK..i was cashing my coins in a coinstar machine (biggest jip..but i dont have enuff coins usually to fill up bank rolls), so im walking with my jar (which says beer money on it..its a novelty jar, i got it for free years ago)....so im on line, present my coin voucher and have jar in hand...i get my cash, and im walking..all of a sudden, the large...woman behind me points right at me , and yells HE'S STEALING IT!! HE'S STEALING IT!! HE'S STEALING DAT JAR!!...so i stand there, and some guy walks up to me and goes, did u take it? ..no its mine, your store dusnt even sell these things i believe (all calm)...then the manager starts yelling at the lady for wrongful accusation...cus apparantly, in the commotion she made, some customer got away without paying for a shopping cart full of groceries

[quote name='dudecool320']Me and my friend were stopped for shoplifting. The guy asked my friend to lift up his shirt, turns out my friend is just fat.:booty:[/QUOTE]

Sir, you're going to have to return those hams.

I NEED AN ADULT, I NEED AN ADULT.

in the commotion she made, some customer got away without paying for a shopping cart full of groceries

You would think she'd be fired. First because she wrongly accused you. Second because in doing so she let the other guy get away with a vast amount more in stolen goods. I'd fire her for incompetence if I could.

[quote name='jlarlee']Heh this reminds me when I was younger we would take the security stickers off of stuff at some stores and stick them onto the bottom of our shoes. When the machine would beep we would make a big commotion and yell that we were a victim of racial profiling (we were all white and my area of maine was probably 96% white) and we would pretty much clown the clerks. It was always good for an hour of entertainment here and there[/QUOTE]

No no no, you see, what you do is hold the security tag in your hand as you walk out. Then when the alarm inevitably goes off, as your turning around, stick the tag to the upright things so that the alarm is constantly going off. My friends and I did that at Sam Goody in Mall of America one time and we kept walking by every so often to check on it and it was going for almost an hour straight.

This happened to me once before. What you do is write down the guys name, go back to the store you bought the games from, ask to speak to the manager and return everything stating your problem. Rent-a-cops are cheap and the guy will most likely be fired or reassigned within the week. Stores hate to loose buisness even if it's only $20.

bread's done
Back