I was on Beauty and the Geek season 5. I'm now trying to get on season 6!

Collectordragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
*New*

Beauty and the Geek is being brought back for a 6th season!

As many of you know I was unfairly eliminated on season 5 of Beauty and the Geek. Now is your chance to help me get on season 6! I decided to go for broke and try to get back on!

Please sign the petition to bring me back at http://www.petitiononline.com/BATG6/petition.html

Please vote for me daily at http://www.realitywanted.com/member/id/86300

Please call, write, or email 3Ball Productions (the company behind Beauty and the Geek) and demand they bring me back for season 6. Their contact info can be found at http://www.3ballproductions.com/contact.html

Tell everyone you can to help! :)

My older entries:

I haven't posted much in quite a while but I thought my fellow CAGs would be interested to know that I'm on the new season of Beauty and the Geek. It premieres 8PM/7 Central this Tuesday, March 11 on the CW. I'm Jonathan the "Mama's Boy" and no I didn't get to pick my moniker. Feel free to ask me questions but I can't reveal too much at the moment. I'll be able to reveal more as the season progresses.

And if you're interested you can find me on MySpace at myspace.com/norsedragon.

The official website for the show is http://cwtv.com/shows/beauty-and-the-geek. I'm in the very first video that plays when the page loads. :D

3-12-08 Update:

They really omitted a lot from this episode including how the challenge really went down. I've posted a blog about it with more details. Check it out on MySpace. I'll reply to thread comments later. I can say I didn't like the new format and neither did my castmates when we learned it was Beauty vs the Geek.

3-12-08b Update:

The official website has added videos of just me!

http://cwtv.com/cw-video/beauty-and-the-geek/short/?play=398-3209

http://cwtv.com/cw-video/beauty-and-the-geek/short/?play=398-3227

4-2-08

If you're in the Sacramento area you can watch me on Good Day Sacramento on Thursday on CW31.

4-22-08

Tonight is the clip show with previously unaired footage. Also check out my MySpace and read my blog entries about the show. I posted a long entry last week with lots of behind the scene details.

5-13-08

Tonight is the finale and all the eliminated contestants return. This is your chance to see me cleaned up on the show. I was not offered a makeover so I gave myself one before I returned for the finale.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is pretty cool. I think I watched the first season of this. It was years ago, but I didn't know they still have new seasons.

i am now forced to Watch the CW

my super internet searching skills

cwbatg5prtjonathan01040zc8.jpg

Jonathan
Hometown: Colfax, California

You seem fairly normal compare to the other losers on there, what made you decide to go on the show?

cwbatg5prtjonathan01040sv8.jpg

Did the girls actually seem interested in getting to know you or did it seem like it was a ploy to get on tv?

Why would they peg you as the mama's boy?

Did you get any action from a "beauty"?

[quote name='Maklershed']Wha wha wha? Thats crazy. I might actually have to watch this show. Did you mention CAG at any point?[/QUOTE]

No, but they wouldn't have shown me mentioning it even if I had. They're very strict with what you can mention or show that's commercial or copyrighted that isn't related to the sponsors of the show. I wasn't even allowed to bring a long sleeve shirt I had with me on the show because it has the name of a university on it. Even my non-copyrighted shirts with images or text on them had to be given the ok first.

[quote name='Bretts31344']That is pretty cool. I think I watched the first season of this. It was years ago, but I didn't know they still have new seasons.[/QUOTE]

This is season 5. The show started on the WB.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i am now forced to Watch the CW

my super internet searching skills

cwbatg5prtjonathan01040zc8.jpg

Jonathan
Hometown: Colfax, California
[/QUOTE]

Ha ha or you could have gone to MySpace or the official website for the same info. :D

That's cool. You can't miss my network television debut. :lol:

[quote name='Sporadic']You seem fairly normal compare to the other losers on there, what made you decide to go on the show?

cwbatg5prtjonathan01040sv8.jpg

Did the girls actually seem interested in getting to know you or did it seem like it was a ploy to get on tv?

Why would they peg you as the mama's boy?

Did you get any action from a "beauty"?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I guess. lol I thought the show would be an interesting experience. I also watched past seasons of the show and saw how it helped other guys become better socially and thought it could do the same for me.

Let's just say some girls were more genuine than others.

They pegged me as the mama's boy because I still live with my parents and that was the angle they wanted to go with me. They could have focused on other things like my extremely large video game collection or that I finished high school at 15 for example but they chose not to. One of the other guys could have also easily had the same title and in some ways more so. It's kind of like how only one of the girls is listed as a Playboy bunny even though two other girls have also been in Playboy.

I can't can't reveal that since that's part of the show. I can say the first episode may answer your question. ;)

Are you for real? Wait.... are you even allowed to talk about this stuff on the net before it airs?!?!?!?

Don't they make you sign some stuff to say you can't say shit until the show airs?

I think they do that on Survivor.

when I saw your pic, I was like ABC un-canceled that caveman show?!??!?!

:rofl:

[quote name='SpitFire158']whats per diem[/QUOTE]

Per diem literally means per day. It's money you're given for living expenses for each day you're on the show.

[quote name='camoor']LoL congrats man. Once I met a guy who was on season one - go fig the only celeb I ever met.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Who did you meet?

[quote name='ITDEFX']Are you for real? Wait.... are you even allowed to talk about this stuff on the net before it airs?!?!?!?

Don't they make you sign some stuff to say you can't say shit until the show airs?

I think they do that on Survivor.

when I saw your pic, I was like ABC un-canceled that caveman show?!??!?!

:rofl:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm for real. Contact me on MySpace if you like. We're allowed to say we're on the show because it's been officially announced but we can't reveal what happens in the episodes or who gets eliminated etc. I had to sign a $5 million confidentiality contract which is just like Survivor.

Aren't you sweet. I didn't even have the longest hair or beard. That would belong to Jim. lol

Neat. I loved the first season of this show but haven't watched since.

Not really on topic here, but reality shows are so often way better the first season than any season thereafter.

Sweet. Did the casting director force you to not shave or get a haircut?

Seriously, congrats. At least you got hang out with hot model wannabe actress types.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Holy shit!! This is epic. Hope you had fun with the show. Unfortunately I have a fucking final when this premieres. :([/QUOTE]

Lucky for you they'll be showing repeats on the cwtv.com website. :)

[quote name='JJSP']
jonathan-beauty-and-the-geek-season-5.jpg

[/QUOTE]
:rofl: Its like they merged the two guys from the Mac versus PC commercials.

Congrats though. I hope you got to see some titty. I'm sure you look nothing like that now, because IIRC they do a makeover. I'd bet you have no beard and short hair. I'd also like to take this time to say I'll be appearing on the Pick Up Artist Season 2.

[quote name='wubb']Neat. I loved the first season of this show but haven't watched since.

Not really on topic here, but reality shows are so often way better the first season than any season thereafter.[/QUOTE]

Well, I hope you watch this season. :D

I watched the first four seasons and enjoyed them all. I don't think the first season of a reality show is automatically better than later seasons but it's the show in its purest form. The bad part about later seasons are twists which can range from being very cool to very lame. The big twist last season was a female geek and a male beauty. The big twist this season is the show now being Beauty versus the Geek instead of Beauty and the Geek.

[quote name='gunm']Sweet. Did the casting director force you to not shave or get a haircut?

Seriously, congrats. At least you got hang out with hot model wannabe actress types.[/QUOTE]

Yep. We were told not to give ourselves makeovers of any kind before we got on the show.

Thanks. Yeah, it was interesting. I look forward to being able to share more in a few days after the first episode airs. ;)

[quote name='CouRageouS']:rofl: Its like they merged the two guys from the Mac versus PC commercials.

Congrats though. I hope you got to see some titty. I'm sure you look nothing like that now, because IIRC they do a makeover. I'd bet you have no beard and short hair. I'd also like to take this time to say I'll be appearing on the Pick Up Artist Season 2.[/QUOTE]

When did the Mac or PC guys have beards? :)

Yep, the makeover is a big part of the show. Are you joking about the Pick Up Artist? The same company that makes Beauty and the Geek makes that show. In fact I kind of hope I get to be on that show at some point.

[quote name='tehweezner']haha that's pretty neat, CAGs on network TV[/QUOTE]

Yep, I couldn't let Cheapy have all the fun with his cable tv appearances. :D

[quote name='Collectordragon']When did the Mac or PC guys have beards? :)

Yep, the makeover is a big part of the show. Are you joking about the Pick Up Artist? The same company that makes Beauty and the Geek makes that show. In fact I kind of hope I get to be on that show at some point.[/QUOTE]
The Pick Up Artist is so fake man. Most of the people on the show are actors. It was a funny show to watch though. A better show in comparison is Keys to the VIP, they just put guys in challenges at clubs.

[quote name='CouRageouS']The Pick Up Artist is so fake man. Most of the people on the show are actors. It was a funny show to watch though. A better show in comparison is Keys to the VIP, they just put guys in challenges at clubs.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call reality television fake but after participating in it first hand I can say it's a very loose definition of reality. I think all of the contestants on TPUA were real people even if they were actors in real life but I don't think they were acting on the show. Now that doesn't mean they were being completely genuine either. You can't really have true reality when you're being filmed 24/7 and living in an artificial environment with little freedom. It's my understanding for example that Brady was a former male model. That doesn't mean he doesn't have trouble with women but at the same time they're not going to draw attention to the fact he's modeled either because that doesn't fit into the storyline of the show. As for the actors they go on reality shows for the exposure not because they're hired to play a part on the show.

Wow this is awesome! Maybe after this show you can be on the next I love New York or Tila Tequila show just like Megan went onto the Rock of Love show....

:lol:

I'll definitely be watching this and rooting for you!

EDIT: Although...rooting for you despite the events have already happened ;)

See, the funny thing is, if you just got a more raggedy, tweed jacket and/or strapped on a vintage guitar, suddenly you'd be someone right out of a Spin hype piece. The line is that fine, folks.

[quote name='ITDEFX']whatever happens dude, CheapyD needs to interview you on a future CAGcast as you are now a Celebrity.[/QUOTE]

That'd be cool. Yeah, a Z-list celebrity. :rofl:

The Pick Up Artist in particular was considerably fake because a lot of the girls in the clubs were actresses. Some of the girls showed up more than once at different club locations. So basically there was a lot of plants. The clips of the "Master Artists" working their magic were all set up as well. I'm sure some of the guys there were just there for the same of being there, but half of them wanted the exposure as well. And if you think about the whole concept of the Pick Up artist, its basically acting lessons.

[quote name='Wolve11']Wow this is awesome! Maybe after this show you can be on the next I love New York or Tila Tequila show just like Megan went onto the Rock of Love show....

:lol:

I'll definitely be watching this and rooting for you!

EDIT: Although...rooting for you despite the events have already happened ;)[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely be interested in being on another reality show but not those two. *shudders* Yeah, I know about Megan going on Rock of Love 2. She really learned a lot from winning Beauty and the Geek 3. Wait... :lol:

Thanks. I appreciate the support even if it's belated. :)

[quote name='CouRageouS']The Pick Up Artist in particular was considerably fake because a lot of the girls in the clubs were actresses. Some of the girls showed up more than once at different club locations. So basically there was a lot of plants. The clips of the "Master Artists" working their magic were all set up as well. I'm sure some of the guys there were just there for the same of being there, but half of them wanted the exposure as well. And if you think about the whole concept of the Pick Up artist, its basically acting lessons.[/QUOTE]

That's what I meant about it being a loose definition of reality. I've heard about some of that and it wouldn't surprise me in the least. As for the guys yeah some were there for exposure and some were there for the experience. Most of them were probably there for a little of both.

bread's done
Back