I was on Beauty and the Geek season 5. I'm now trying to get on season 6!

Wow pretty cool! I watched some of first season and got bored but i'll prolly give it a shot again just since someone here is a geek on the show. Tivo is locked and loaded. :D

Damn, I can't watch it tonight as I will be in class when it airs. I will watch it on the website or something though.

Also, what is the difference between a nerd and a geek? I always thought a nerd was someone who was very smart and studious while a geek does not necessarily have to be smart, but they are the type of person that is obsessed with a fantasy world (Star Wars, Star Trek, video games, comics, D&D, etc).

[quote name='ananag112']Damn, I can't watch it tonight as I will be in class when it airs. I will watch it on the website or something though.

Also, what is the difference between a nerd and a geek? I always thought a nerd was someone who was very smart and studious while a geek does not necessarily have to be smart, but they are the type of person that is obsessed with a fantasy world (Star Wars, Star Trek, video games, comics, D&D, etc).[/QUOTE]

Official definitions:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/geek
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nerd

My take is that being a geek is a more positive thing and a nerd is more negative. I see nerds as being smart but stuffy and boring while geeks are smart but quirky and fun.

Holy crap, I can't believe you had the opportunity to meet Leticia Cline. She's smokin' hot!

getmeoutofjoliet: Yep, that's her. She needs to come back to TNA.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']wow .....Im speachless. There is no way this is for "real" these guys and girls have to be actors.[/quote]

Only the OP can say......... but I think he's :whistle2:# by a damn legal contract not to say shit til after each show airs, not before or during :(

Oh my god... this show has completely lost all credibility for me. I wanted to watch Beauty and the Geek not Flavor of Love.

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']Did they totally just skip your intro thingy?

Also isn't that Leticia that was on TNA Wrestling?
[/QUOTE]

Wikipedia points to yes.

Haven't seen the show, but I'm certain most of the girls are there to get their name out and advance their "careers." Such is the case with most reality shows.

I totally caught the show by accident, I just happened to be tuned to the CW when I went from input to TV.

Good Luck dude, I'll try to remember to watch next week!

dude I am watching this show next week!

but damn, ease up on that buzzer .Looked like you were going to pound that thing.

Christ this show it horrid. I will watch a couple to support CAG user but damn....the difference between shooting and watching a tv show is night and day.

Also....these bitches are ugly as fuck. All of them except maybe...just maybe 2 of them are barely even average. The 2 I am talking about were slightly above average. Even as a black guy I have to say that both those black girls are ugly. I was really disappointed in the girls, other than their attitudes it would seem like you could pull any of these chicks at a party or a club.

I also dont fully understand what the show is about. As I already said the beauties are not so out of this world that I can accept that they are that stupid....and the geeks, dont seem to be geeky enough to warrant them to be that socially inept. These guys seem less like geeks and more like really really shy guys.

I missed the first 2 min but they had a guy on there which they kept referring to as a sweater vest enthusiast. I mean...thats a little strange but it doesnt make you socially inept.

I just thought these people would be more polar opposites than what they are. I was looking for the geeks to be like rocket scientist and such and the girls to all be super model grade 10 ladies.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Christ this show it horrid. I will watch a couple to support CAG user but damn....the difference between shooting and watching a tv show is night and day.

Also....these bitches are ugly as fuck. All of them except maybe...just maybe 2 of them are barely even average. The 2 I am talking about were slightly above average. Even as a black guy I have to say that both those black girls are ugly. I was really disappointed in the girls, other than their attitudes it would seem like you could pull any of these chicks at a party or a club.

I also dont fully understand what the show is about. As I already said the beauties are not so out of this world that I can accept that they are that stupid....and the geeks, dont seem to be geeky enough to warrant them to be that socially inept. These guys seem less like geeks and more like really really shy guys.

I missed the first 2 min but they had a guy on there which they kept referring to as a sweater vest enthusiast. I mean...thats a little strange but it doesnt make you socially inept.

I just thought these people would be more polar opposites than what they are. I was looking for the geeks to be like rocket scientist and such and the girls to all be super model grade 10 ladies.[/quote]

The whole idea of the show (or what it was once) was to pair a socially inept geek with no game, with a beauty who gets by on just her looks and doesn't rely on books. The couple who made the biggest change wins a large sum of money. In the previous 4 seasons there would be a pairing of each and they would learn from each other, go through challanges with each other, and get eliminated with each other, which is where the (supposibly) main goal of learning from one another came into effect. For some odd reason, they decided to tweak up the entire show this season as its completely different from the previous 4 with no pairings, completely different elimination, and alot more cat fight all which are currently turning me off right now as i loved the original 4 seasons.

[quote name='Soodmeg']

I just thought these people would be more polar opposites than what they are. I was looking for the geeks to be like rocket scientist and such and the girls to all be super model grade 10 ladies.[/quote]

Its the CW....it used to be UPN,...do you remember/know how Godawful UPN is/was? ....dont expect too much.

There is only 2 or 3 hot Beauties in the show. At least Mamas Boy didn't get eliminated but we didn't really get to see him much. I think he is probably the least geek out of the geeks. Now i have to watch it next week too.

I could've sworn you were going to be out first due to the little airtime you got.

What was up with the guy's reaction to elimination? Thought he was getting a panic attack or something. The girls seem fake but the guys seem real.

OP: Is this the first time you get to see footage of the show? How does it translate to how it really was?

[quote name='Collectordragon']Original post updated.

Did you guys enjoy the five seconds of dialog I got in the whole episode? :([/quote]
Yes your single answer in the elimination round was Ammmaaazzzinnngg!
Do you want to give us some commentary on the episode like did you know whether the producers would edit it that much? Or any other funny little things that you could share that we didn't see?

[quote name='Collectordragon']Well, go to myspace.com/norsedragon and read my blog. That'll give some major insight. I'll post more later.[/quote]

Didn't see the show but I get the gist of it just from reading what you wrote. That's lame.

You're vegan? (Based on your myspace? )That fucking rules! How long have you been? I'm hoping it comes up during the show and we get a little mainstream exposure, there's still a lot of people who don't understand how or why anyone would be vegan, or even what veganism is at all.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Well, go to myspace.com/norsedragon and read my blog. That'll give some major insight. I'll post more later.[/quote]
Wow fourteen numbers! Very nicely done. Pretty stupid about all the things they cut out but hey I'll keep watching and hopefully you get yours in due time.

I don't like the fact they've made it Beauties Vs Geeks, it's changed the whole dynamic of the show, and frankly not for the better.

I thought the whole point was for the two groups to learn from each other, whats the point now? To see who can win more challenges, what the hell does that prove ?

[quote name='Soodmeg']
[/QUOTE]

tressel.jpg

The state of Ohio would like to have a word with you.

;)

bread's done
Back