Ice Silver PSP Slim Daxter Bundle $169.99 Target B&M or PM-Available NOW!

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Edit 5: Courtesy of Birakon, here is a screen grab.
Screen Grab

Edit 4: Thanks to jnirvana292, here is a Yahoo cache version.

Edit 3: Target.com has changed the price, and my Google Cache page is gone.
If someone has a screenshot, post it and I will ad it.

Edit 2: Target has removed the item or changed the price. You can now use the Google Cached version for your printout and price match.

Edit 1:

Some Target, Walmart and Best Buy stores are reported to have these in stock and available for sale right now. There is a Sony Press Release stating that.

CAG's are also reporting that Target, Walmart and Best Buy stores have been price matching the webpage printout from the Target.com site.

Also, here is the google cached version in case Target.com changes the price.

End Edit:

Target.com has this bundle listed for $169.99 In Store Only not available online.

PSP Slim Daxter bundle

So I guess you could print this out if they raise the price in store and see if they or another retailer would match it. Strange that they would discount this new bundle by $30.

This bundle is being released on Sept 10th and should be in stores after that.
It includes:
• Gaming System includes 1Gb Memory Stick, AC Adapter, PlayStation Portable System, Power Cord, Battery Pack
• Games included are Game: Daxter™ Video:Family Guy™ The Freakin 'Sweet Collection
• Features Slim, Lightweight Design

new_psp_daxter.jpg

[quote name='foltzie']Not looking to troll here, but I'm not getting into Daxter or Twisted Metal or the unit itself. As such, I'm considering returning the PSP bundle.

I understand its a powerful machine, but I'm having trouble with the analog nub on everything. It may be just getting acustomed, like I had to do with the DS when using the stylus.

Is there another game* or something I should try out before bowing out on the PSP?

*Fan of puzzle games, adventure (think Zelda), Action (RE4), ect.[/quote]

Lumines or Lumines II
Puzzle Quest

well went to bestbuy 2x each at a different location and it didn't work the PM, so i went to 2x different walmarts they said they didn't pricematch unless it was an actual ad, then to a circuitcity and got denied the pricematch but when i lost all hope i went to a circuitcity thats a bit far away they didn't price match either.....

thats when i caved in and decided to pay the full $216 (tax is included) but then when i was at the cash register i pulled out my $40 off coupon, then the guy read it (i was nervous it wouldn't work) and presto the guy scans it and i hear that lovable beeping noise......YESSSSSS!!! total was $176 even cheaper then the price match :bouncy:

[quote name='devildr1ver']well went to bestbuy 2x each at a different location and it didn't work the PM, so i went to 2x different walmarts they said they didn't pricematch unless it was an actual ad, then to a circuitcity and got denied the pricematch but when i lost all hope i went to a circuitcity thats a bit far away they didn't price match either.....

thats when i caved in and decided to pay the full $216 (tax is included) but then when i was at the cash register i pulled out my $40 off coupon, then the guy read it (i was nervous it wouldn't work) and presto the guy scans it and i hear that lovable beeping noise......YESSSSSS!!! total was $176 even cheaper then the price match :bouncy:[/quote]

good thing you got it...you were the person who pointed out the new 40 off $200 coupon at CC lol

[quote name='devildr1ver']well went to bestbuy 2x each at a different location and it didn't work the PM, so i went to 2x different walmarts they said they didn't pricematch unless it was an actual ad, then to a circuitcity and got denied the pricematch but when i lost all hope i went to a circuitcity thats a bit far away they didn't price match either.....

thats when i caved in and decided to pay the full $216 (tax is included) but then when i was at the cash register i pulled out my $40 off coupon, then the guy read it (i was nervous it wouldn't work) and presto the guy scans it and i hear that lovable beeping noise......YESSSSSS!!! total was $176 even cheaper then the price match :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I thought that coupon expired at the end of July. Is there a newer coupon?

man , i couldn`t believe it when the cashier was asking me if i had more coupons...my local BB PMed the old target printout plus the cashier took one of them $10 entertainment coupons found at the reward zone website (valid for games and cds only). i also had a $25 worth of reward zone certificates..
I only paid $143.03 with tax included ..thanks to you guys

[quote name='devildr1ver']yea thank me lol j/k

the actual size of the piece of paper is 8"x7", and the coupons are 2 1/2" x 2 9/16"

credit goes to some guy in slickdeals i forgot his name[/quote]

well think about it this way...if you didn't bring it to cag we wouldn't have known about these coupons (well maybe a little later) but yea ;)

Anyone buy a slim PSP thats free from dead pixels, stuck pixels, and dust within the LCD screen?? Went through 5 Slim-PSPs already from Best Buy and still no luck! PMing to Target was no problem but getting a Perfect Slim PSP is tough!

[quote name='zaku199']Anyone buy a slim PSP thats free from dead pixels, stuck pixels, and dust within the LCD screen?? Went through 5 Slim-PSPs already from Best Buy and still no luck! PMing to Target was no problem but getting a Perfect Slim PSP is tough![/quote]i haven`t noticed anything yet ..for the screen i think that i am going to get a screen protector

[quote name='zaku199']Anyone buy a slim PSP thats free from dead pixels, stuck pixels, and dust within the LCD screen?? Went through 5 Slim-PSPs already from Best Buy and still no luck! PMing to Target was no problem but getting a Perfect Slim PSP is tough![/quote]

Yeah, I got lucky. First one.

[quote name='pete5883']Does the new PSP still fit in the ole Logitech Playgear PSP case? I know it's the same footprint, but being thinner I figure it might rattle around in there or something.[/QUOTE]

it fits, but does move around.....
i wonder if logitech will release a new pgp for the slim...

[quote name='pete5883']Does it move enough to cause a problem? Or does it just slightly shift?[/QUOTE]

too much for me to leave it in there. i can't imagine any screen damage at all, but since it can move around i fear for the umd drive. luckily i still have the soft case from my original psp.

I've got a soft case-can't remember who made it. It's the equivalent of what I've always used for my Gameboy systems and DS.

It actually fits the new Playstation better than the old one. It always seemed really tight before.

[quote name='zaku199']Anyone buy a slim PSP thats free from dead pixels, stuck pixels, and dust within the LCD screen?? Went through 5 Slim-PSPs already from Best Buy and still no luck! PMing to Target was no problem but getting a Perfect Slim PSP is tough![/QUOTE]

good grief, 5? Man you are unlucky. I did see a few at Gamestop that were returned for dead pixels, and one that had a bit of silver paint missing from the back(and not from use).

I prefer the black one as it is not painted, even thought the new colors do have a clearcoat over the paint. The black was MOLDED with the clear over that.

[quote name='zaku199']Anyone buy a slim PSP thats free from dead pixels, stuck pixels, and dust within the LCD screen?? Went through 5 Slim-PSPs already from Best Buy and still no luck! PMing to Target was no problem but getting a Perfect Slim PSP is tough![/QUOTE]

everything is fine with the 1st one i got from Wal-mart.

I thought I had all sorts of problems with stuck pixels and/or dust with mine initially. Turns out it was because the first thing I tried was Dead Head Fred and it started with Fred's POV from inside his jar. Once the POV shifted, everything was fine. Fred just needs a cleaner jar! :lol:

screw the case, enjoy the slimness! I'm just selling my case off with my old psp. and now celebrating the fact that the psp now fits Snuggly in my pocket.

[quote name='zaku199']Anyone buy a slim PSP thats free from dead pixels, stuck pixels, and dust within the LCD screen?? Went through 5 Slim-PSPs already from Best Buy and still no luck! PMing to Target was no problem but getting a Perfect Slim PSP is tough![/quote]

My first PSP I got on Saturday had a dead pixel smack in the middle of the screen. I would mind one dead pixel of it was off to the side and not where most of the action in movies and games are. So reluctantly I had it exchanged, luckily the PSP I got did not have any dead pixels and pretty much a flawless screen as far as I can tell. I need to get a hori screen protector for it and a traveling case before it leaves the house.

[quote name='zizo79']i haven`t noticed anything yet ..for the screen i think that i am going to get a screen protector[/QUOTE]

I feel the screen protector is kind of useless because the actual screen is underneath the faceplate. If my faceplate got too scratched up, then I would just put on a new one. I haven't put a single scratch on my face plate yet, and I've had mine a bit after launch.

[quote name='opportunity777']I feel the screen protector is kind of useless [/QUOTE]

Yeah me too. If you're careful and use a case that isn't a sleeve (e.g., one that opens so you don't slide the screen across the material) you should be fine.

[quote name='opportunity777']I feel the screen protector is kind of useless because the actual screen is underneath the faceplate. If my faceplate got too scratched up, then I would just put on a new one. I haven't put a single scratch on my face plate yet, and I've had mine a bit after launch.[/quote]
yeah i found out about that the hard way lol by wasting $7 on a PSP official screen protector .
no matter how i applied it, i always had bubbles plus some glue residue in the corners ...why can`t they just make them easy to use ??? so i ended up buying a travel case (the bulky one)

[quote name='opportunity777']I feel the screen protector is kind of useless because the actual screen is underneath the faceplate. If my faceplate got too scratched up, then I would just put on a new one. I haven't put a single scratch on my face plate yet, and I've had mine a bit after launch.[/QUOTE]

Although it is possible to not get any marks or scratches on your screen if you are REALLY careful, most people have many minor scratches that are only noticeable at an angle when the system is turned OFF.

I would rather have a screen protector on there just in case I goof up and drop it on a table or something. Once you have a scratch or gouge on the screen area, it is there to stay and WILL be noticeable when playing the system. If you get a good screen protector it is barely noticeable and you will NOT get scratches or scuffs regardless.

Installing the Hori can be tricky, but if you follow the instructions, you should have no problem.

I looked over about 8 used PSP systems at Gamestop the other day and only one of them looked almost scratch free to me. I guess for 5 bucks I would rather protect my investment.

An OEM faceplate is not readily available and the aftermarket ones do not fit real good unless you get their buttons with it. If you do buy the aftermarket faceplate and button set, you have spent about $20, disassembled your PSP(not a good idea if you dont like dust or stripped screws), and now have NON-OEM stuff on your system. You could have just spent $5 and been done.

[quote name='Nephilim']Although it is possible to not get any marks or scratches on your screen if you are REALLY careful, most people have many minor scratches that are only noticeable at an angle when the system is turned OFF.

I would rather have a screen protector on there just in case I goof up and drop it or something. If you get a good one it is barely noticeable and you will NOT get scratches or scuffs regardless.

I looked over about 8 of them used at Gamestop the other day and only one of them looked almost scratch free to me. I guess for 5 bucks I would rather protect my investment.

An OEM faceplate is not readily available and the aftermarket ones do not fit real good unless you get their buttons with it.[/quote]
which screen protector are you referring to ?

The screen is the same size on the phat and slim so ordering as Hori protector will work right? Also have any of the companies announced carrying cases for the slim yet?

[quote name='Chitown021']The screen is the same size on the phat and slim so ordering as Hori protector will work right? Also have any of the companies announced carrying cases for the slim yet?[/QUOTE]

Screen is exactly the same size, the Hori protector should be fine but I have not tried one on a slim. Hori has been widely reported as the best screen protector for PSP.

Play-Asia has this case
pa.101207.1.jpg

and this one
pa.104597.1.jpg

and this one by Hori that are made for the Slim. They all have a release date of September 2007 so I don't think they are fatty cases that happen to fit the slim.
pa.101857.1.jpg

Also, someone on the playstation boards reported that this case on ebay fits a PSP fatty very snugly and a PSP slim just perfectly.
M_XGM0001BM.jpg

I haven't even seen the component cables for the slim yet at the B&M stores.

I used a pelican screen protector on my phat and it was like looking at the screen through a screen door. I'm definitely in for a Hori for my slim.

Went to Wal-mart earlier today to get the ad PMed. The guy at the electronics counter said he could do it for me then he had to go to the back of the store to get it. Took like 20 minutes and when he got back he asked some higherup how to PM it. Then the older guy said they didn't PM online ads.

Defeated, I drove home and remembered there was a new Target that just opened up so I took a sharp turn into the shopping center where it was. I ran to the electronics section of Target and asked a guy if they PMed their online prices. He said no. (In my head I was like omg! It's from your own damn store arseface!)

Then, I drove down a block to Best Buy and asked the manager there if he could PM it for me. He looked a bit confused and asked me why I didn't PM it at Target. So, I was like yea I tried but they said no. The guy was really nice and decided to let me pricematch it! Yay!

Sales Tax is a whopping 8.25% in TX...ugh.
169.99 +14.02=184.01. Better than 214 something dollars though. :]

I had 3 people at Circuit CIty try to ring me up, and each one of them took the printout to their manager. The manager was the one who got the psp out of the case for me. Only problem when he walked to the front of the store he had brought back the old core model. I got the PM but circuit City made it very difficult. THey didnt accept my bank of america card and I had to drive all the way across town to get cash. I was basically fanning 200 dollars in front of their faces the 3rd time I encoutered them.

[quote name='Mr. Roper']I had 3 people at Circuit CIty try to ring me up, and each one of them took the printout to their manager. The manager was the one who got the psp out of the case for me. Only problem when he walked to the front of the store he had brought back the old core model. I got the PM but circuit City made it very difficult. THey didnt accept my bank of america card and I had to drive all the way across town to get cash. I was basically fanning 200 dollars in front of their faces the 3rd time I encoutered the retards.[/quote]
for some reason, i also encounter similar problems with CC ...that`s why i don`t shop there anymore...my local BB PM almost anything including this new PSP ...and i also was surprised when the cashier took a $10 off accesories coupon and scanned it

Found the component cables at Gamestop today, must have just arrived...

I like the TV out. I hope they can get rid of the borders in a future update. The graphics are comparable to an average looking PS2 game. I am able to stretch the image using my TV's aspect ration button to get about 70% of the screen full.

[quote name='Trebuken']Found the component cables at Gamestop today, must have just arrived...

I like the TV out. I hope they can get rid of the borders in a future update. The graphics are comparable to an average looking PS2 game. I am able to stretch the image using my TV's aspect ration button to get about 70% of the screen full.[/QUOTE]

Do you have autoformat? You should try that.

[quote name='Trebuken']Found the component cables at Gamestop today, must have just arrived...

I like the TV out. I hope they can get rid of the borders in a future update. The graphics are comparable to an average looking PS2 game. I am able to stretch the image using my TV's aspect ration button to get about 70% of the screen full.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned this earlier, but the PSP TV Out is what is called POSTAGE STAMP. This means the there are black bars on all 4 sides to compensate for the PSP resolution. Your TV will need to be zoomed or otherwise adjusted if you want to see less black bars.

I bought mine at Frys and it awesome! Recently, I found the new Headet at my local Target for $29.99 along with Composite & Component Cables! You can also use shortcut by pressing and holding Display Icon to output your TV screen without scrolling down all the way to XMB. If you want to put it back on your PSP, press Display Icon at once. If you want to play in-games, iso or homebrew, you must set your screen mode to Progressive. Composite will not work due to poor quality. Only Component can output to 480p as a requirement and so does your TV that required Progressive support!

i gotta say it for a first time psp owner , the graphics are amazing !! i am playong killzone, this game is awesome...

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I bought mine at Frys and it awesome! Recently, I found the new Headet at my local Target for $29.99 along with Composite & Component Cables! You can also use shortcut by pressing and holding Display Icon to output your TV screen without scrolling down all the way to XMB. If you want to put it back on your PSP, press Display Icon at once. If you want to play in-games, iso or homebrew, you must set your screen mode to Progressive. Composite will not work due to poor quality. Only Component can output to 480p as a requirement and so does your TV that required Progressive support![/quote]

Is that the new in line remote and headset that you bought? Or some sort of other mic/headset combo?

[quote name='Kash76']Is that the new in line remote and headset that you bought? Or some sort of other mic/headset combo?[/quote]
Actually, its the new line remote headset but the remote look slimmer! There's mic/headset combo yet.

[quote name='Nephilim']I mentioned this earlier, but the PSP TV Out is what is called POSTAGE STAMP. This means the there are black bars on all 4 sides to compensate for the PSP resolution. Your TV will need to be zoomed or otherwise adjusted if you want to see less black bars.[/QUOTE]

Yup. But the PSP seems to have a reolution comparable to many older consoles that are able to use the full screen. I feel they should be able to have an option that will eliminate the postage stamp. It would probably work great on a smaller TV, SDTV one probably.

[quote name='Trebuken']Yup. But the PSP seems to have a reolution comparable to many older consoles that are able to use the full screen. I feel they should be able to have an option that will eliminate the postage stamp. It would probably work great on a smaller TV, SDTV one probably.[/QUOTE]

The PSP's actually higher resolution than the consules usually ran at up until the Dreamcast/Playstation 2 generation started. The issue is those older consoles had hardware that dealt with that issue, like doubling the lines, or skipping lines, or whatever.

The PSP would have to add a fairly sophisticated scaler to be able to do this. It would have to be a separate chip, which would add to the cost and complexity of the system, so I can see why they don't. Same deal with being able to do interlaced-it would need a separate chip to handle that in games.

Picked one off ebay this morning $170 shipped, said it was brand new so hoping no issues or scam. Went to post the deal here and the 1 other one available got snatched up in the 10 minutes i was getting ready for work...

[quote name='Nephilim']Piano Black PSP core systems have been spotted at Target stores for $169.99

p1010126nm9-352x266.jpg
[/quote]

Whoa, what city was that found in? And when was it purchased? I just called up 3 Targets in Sacramento, CA, and none of them have it. I'm getting sick of all the delays.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Whoa, what city was that found in? And when was it purchased? I just called up 3 Targets in Sacramento, CA, and none of them have it. I'm getting sick of all the delays.[/QUOTE]

New Jersey

[quote name='Nephilim']Piano Black PSP core systems have been spotted at Target stores for $169.99

p1010126nm9-352x266.jpg
[/quote]
Did you pricematch with this printout, lol? What is the part number or Target's number for this one? I'm waiting for Target to post $99.99 tag on website, lol!

im looking everywhere for these piano black core systems :( can't find it anywhere. making me mad as i would love one for halo 3 launch night, waiting in line can get boring and i have a feeling jam sessions on ds is not going to tide me over.

bread's done
Back