ICO and the Shadow of Colossus Collection PS3 $20 Amazon.com

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!
Just dropped in price:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Shadow-Colossus-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J5FG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339596480&sr=8-1&keywords=Ico+ps3

[quote name='Sparta']Bought this last weekend at $39.99 new prime, and came with the 30 days of PSN+. I contacted amazon today and let them know, and they said while they don't price match, they'll honor it and refunded me $20.

I love amazon...[/QUOTE]

Let's just hope you don't do that too often, or you'll be loving Amazon from afar. ;D

[quote name='SaraAB']Buy a $5 item to use as filler this way you don't pay for shipping, stupid to pay for shipping when you can get a $5 item instead.[/QUOTE]

Back when I didn't have prime, I just bought candy. But nowadays, so many things are fulfilled by Amazon, I find it hard to believe people really have a hard time finding things to get the free shipping.

[quote name='Wiendog']Oos :([/QUOTE]

Temporarily, dude. You can still order it at the 19.99 and it will ship when it comes back in stock. It will come back in stock, trust me.

[quote name='blinknot4']Temporarily, dude. You can still order it at the 19.99 and it will ship when it comes back in stock. It will come back in stock, trust me.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Otherwise they wouldn't even offer it. Can't wait until they ship. ^__^

Was everybody just waiting for AMZ to make this $20 or just a $20 or less price? The game was $15 new release week @ BB using the @gamer coupon but stock was an issue so I can see people not getting it there but there's been at least 2 AMZ $20 matches in the past. Usually, whenever there was a deal for the 3D PS3 games all of them got sale prices.

[quote name='nixmahn']sly was on sale and had a coupon near release week at kmart (when they were doing that) that resulted on the < 20 price. Same with ICO/SotC and GoW origins or was it collections with Best buy that knocked it down to 10 or 15 each. NO such luck on the newer released HD collections though. Looks lik Sony figured out classic HD collections are worth releasing and not dropping them unless they have to.[/QUOTE]Both ICo/SOtC & GOW origins where $15 each using the $15 off coupon. Not to long after that Kmart had a $20 deal but stock was slim pickens. The other collections have been $15- $25 @ newegg. Even using the b2g1 coupons or $10 off used game combined with sales would net sub $20 prices. UC dual packwas also $15 using the @gamer coupons.

Its probably cheaper for me to order from Amazon, I am loving BB right now with everyone else but the nearest one is 45 min away in heavy traffic and I don't have the gamer club unlocked to get the magazines. Stock is always an issue at Kmart, and what if we just decided we wanted it now, or we didn't have the system before to play it on but now we have it, something like that. Not everyone follows every deal.

I also find it hard to believe people have a hard time finding things to buy on Amazon for $5. There's just so much stuff to choose from.

I have never played the games before and I have no desire to pay more to track down versions that I would have to play on my CRT TV because they would look horrible on my HDTV.

[quote name='SaraAB']Its probably cheaper for me to order from Amazon, I am loving BB right now with everyone else but the nearest one is 45 min away in heavy traffic and I don't have the gamer club unlocked to get the magazines. Stock is always an issue at Kmart, and what if we just decided we wanted it now, or we didn't have the system before to play it on but now we have it, something like that. Not everyone follows every deal. [/QUOTE]I understand it's just a pattern I see where people hop on a AMZ deal that's $10-$15 more than the cheapest price on a very in demand title & the sales where ones that lasted longer than 1 day usually. Kinda a paradox where true CAG actually pay more LOL Good price though

in for one

looked through warehouse deals to get the shipping. now, it's time to wait
backlog is getting more and more games

I'm in for a copy, temporarily out of stock but I've waited this long so I think I can wait a little longer for them to get more in to get it at $20. There's been some good deals lately on Amazon and Bestbuy, snagged The Darkness 2 for $12, this for $20 and Asura's Wrath for $30. Stinks that I missed out on SH : Downpour for $20 but I figure it'll be that price come this fall anyway so I can wait since the backlog just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

does the ps+ code get sent once the item ships? or has anyone gotten it already?

and if you download free games from ps+, can you not play them after your one month trial expires?

out of stock but def put this on order.
20$ is a good price. i've had so many games in my back log this just adds on to it :(
sad thing is i haven't even touched batman arkham city and i got that on black friday last year :/

[quote name='wingzero16']out of stock but def put this on order.
20$ is a good price. i've had so many games in my back log this just adds on to it :(
sad thing is i haven't even touched batman arkham city and i got that on black friday last year :/[/QUOTE]How much did you get it for? I know people were trading to GS for $28 then buying the $10 BB copy while keeping the codes from the 1st ones or even selling them too.

I have been waiting for this price point, but now I have a feeling one of these if not both will end up being a free ps+ game very soon

Heh, figures that they do that right after my daily perusal through Amazon's video game deals and this forum and I don't check again until a little while ago when it's out of stock with my crap luck. :wall: Oh well, they still let you order so I just went ahead and ordered it since that's the cheapest I've seen it and I'm not really in a rush to get it so as long as I get the $20 price and the 30 days of PS+ whenever, I'm good (just hope I don't miss any good PS+ deals while waiting for it :-({|=).

[quote name='Enuf']Was everybody just waiting for AMZ to make this $20 or just a $20 or less price? The game was $15 new release week @ BB using the @gamer coupon but stock was an issue so I can see people not getting it there but there's been at least 2 AMZ $20 matches in the past. Usually, whenever there was a deal for the 3D PS3 games all of them got sale prices.

Both ICo/SOtC & GOW origins where $15 each using the $15 off coupon. Not to long after that Kmart had a $20 deal but stock was slim pickens. The other collections have been $15- $25 @ newegg. Even using the b2g1 coupons or $10 off used game combined with sales would net sub $20 prices. UC dual packwas also $15 using the @gamer coupons.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware of those coupons at the time, but I did nab it for $25 shortly after it came out at Best Buy and the MGS HD Collection for $25 at Lockerz. I should have waited on both, though, since I haven't gotten around to either game yet.

[quote name='dviper2399']I have been waiting for this price point, but now I have a feeling one of these if not both will end up being a free ps+ game very soon[/QUOTE]doubt it will happen anytime soon though they really like selling these & they have good legs.

[quote name='Vinny']These HD collections are dropping at a much slower pace than I expected. I've been waiting on a sub-$20 mark for Sly and PoP but it doesn't seem like either one is happening... that, or I missed them being sub-$20.[/QUOTE]

PoP is 20$ at walmarts around my area same with the splinter cell. I was able to find the sly collection for a good price on the trading forum. PoP for the first game the audio was messed up bad i don[t know if it was just mine or thats all of them. the last two games were fine though. I'm honestly waiting for DMC collection to drop in price. I did grab this though i got SoC for ps2 and only killed off 3 giants so i can't wait to beat it. just gotta wait for stock to come back in

[quote name='langdon_alger']Awesome! Been waiting on this. I have the ps2 versions but never finished them.

So, I just signed up for PS+, will the code for the free month just extend my membership by a month?[/QUOTE]

Yes it just extends your subscription

[quote name='Enuf']How much did you get it for? I know people were trading to GS for $28 then buying the $10 BB copy while keeping the codes from the 1st ones or even selling them too.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the game for 30$ at black friday at Best buy. i wish i would have traded it in and waited till the game of the year version i just kept getting more games my back log is huge :(

[quote name='Namerson']Don't forget to mention it also comes with 30 days of Playstation Plus[/QUOTE]

Does it no longer come with that since it's out of stock?

Debating if I want to get my Bestbuy to price-match... been there everyday this week since Sunday though... getting tiredd of driving out there...

[quote name='Shadow Cloud']Does it no longer come with that since it's out of stock?[/QUOTE]

WHen I checked out it still said I qualified even though it was out of stock.

thanks OP, been waiting on a price like this. Missed it initially since i didn't own a PS3 at the time. Put in an order even though it's OOS. i trust that they'll get more copies in haha.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Debating if I want to get my Bestbuy to price-match... been there everyday this week since Sunday though... getting tiredd of driving out there...[/QUOTE]

Best Buy isn't going to PM Amazon....

Usually when Amazon runs out of stock, they get more in pretty quick. I would be surprised if these don't ship within a couple days.

[quote name='topplehat']WHen I checked out it still said I qualified even though it was out of stock.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll place an order then. Playing Shadow of Colossus again with a stable framerate will be well worth it.

[quote name='Shadow Cloud']Thanks, I'll place an order then. Playing Shadow of Colossus again with a stable framerate will be well worth it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the promotion for PS+ even comes up on the checkout/pay page.

[quote name='eilegz']out of stock, didnt last long the deal :/[/QUOTE]

Don't be an Amazon00b.
It is temporarily out of stock. You can still order it from Amazon now. Yes, for 19.99. No, you won't get charged until it ships.

Also this is appears to be a price drop - not a one time sale.

EDIT: I'll even give you a link to the page that shows Amazon as the vendor, and not random Bob's Discount Game CeeDeez.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I0J5FG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Last edited by a moderator:
I read this on the ICO offer on Amazon...
Receive a bonus game? Like to keep or like all the other "free" games you get from PS+?
What if I'm already a PS+ subscriber, do I still get whatever the free game mentioned is?

Bonus Offer: PlayStation Plus Trial
This title is currently part of a PlayStation Plus Trial Offer. Receive a code good toward a 30-day trial of PlayStation Plus with the purchase of this game. Sign up for the 30-day trial and receive a free PSN game. Free games, huge discounts, and great exclusives await. Access code will be e-mailed within two business days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time

[quote name='AoA']I read this on the ICO offer on Amazon...
Receive a bonus game? Like to keep or like all the other "free" games you get from PS+?
What if I'm already a PS+ subscriber, do I still get whatever the free game mentioned is?

Bonus Offer: PlayStation Plus Trial
This title is currently part of a PlayStation Plus Trial Offer. Receive a code good toward a 30-day trial of PlayStation Plus with the purchase of this game. Sign up for the 30-day trial and receive a free PSN game. Free games, huge discounts, and great exclusives await. Access code will be e-mailed within two business days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time[/QUOTE]

I think they mean a free game from the PS+ service, and this month there are shit-ton.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']I think they mean a free game from the PS+ service, and this month there are shit-ton.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I was hoping for something differnet, since I already have PS+ and got all them games. Greedy greedy me.

[quote name='waldo21212']Can anyone who ordered before it went OOS tell everyone if the one month PS+ has an expiration date or not?[/QUOTE]

IIRC, it said the code must be used by Aug 31.

[quote name='blinknot4']Don't be an Amazon00b.
It is temporarily out of stock. You can still order it from Amazon now. Yes, for 19.99. No, you won't get charged until it ships.

Also this is appears to be a price drop - not a one time sale.

EDIT: I'll even give you a link to the page that shows Amazon as the vendor, and not random Bob's Discount Game CeeDeez.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I0J5FG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER[/QUOTE]

What about this makes you think it's a msrp drop?

Thanks for posting. Got this along with Rage since it was only $10 (and I wanted free shipping). I was waiting for a good deal on the Ico/SotC collection. Backordered, but that is ok as long as I can get in on the $20 offer.

Been wanting to get this for so long. Maybe I'll finally make it through Shadow of the Colossus this time around (got it a few years ago, but only made it about 1/2 way through). Free month of PS+ just sweetens the deal. I'll have to add it to my backlog, but thanks for informing.

In for one! Thanks OP! :D

That being said...I'm done buying any more console games until at least BF. The BB deals and now this...spent more than I should have. Besides...I have to save for the inevitable Steam Summer Sale. :lol:

Heh, I was looking if there were any sales on this the other day, and was kind of surprised they were still selling it for $40. Easy pickup at $20, especially since I only played these games in passing back in the PS2 days.

I have not heard or played this game before. I guess i'll watch gameplay footage on youtube and decide if i want this game.

bread's done
Back