ICO and the Shadow of Colossus Collection PS3 $20 Amazon.com

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!
Just dropped in price:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Shadow-Colossus-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J5FG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339596480&sr=8-1&keywords=Ico+ps3

used on gohastings for 23.99, and they like to have sales such as 33% off and 99 cent shipping... that would make it about $17 for a used copy. No DLC codes come with this game I am guessing so as long as the condition is fine you don't miss anything.

good deal. but i dont need it i am trying to clear through the backlog for a change. finnally signed up for backloggery.com to depress myself i assume.

[quote name='cheeky']What about this makes you think it's a msrp drop?[/QUOTE]

I suspect a drop because there is no 'other' prices listed other than the 19.99.
Amazon always lists products with a List Price and 'their' Price. And under that it usually shows amount under of what You Save. None of these items are there except for a standard single price.

Being an Amazsnob - I notice these little things. :)

*Amazsnob - a Prime member snob who obsessively buys from Amazon.com

[quote name='technicalstylez']canceled my order because i just found it behind my first row of ps3 games. lol fuckin cag[/QUOTE]

Lol - made my morning. Thanks, tech.

[quote name='blinknot4']I suspect a drop because there is no 'other' prices listed other than the 19.99.
Amazon always lists products with a List Price and 'their' Price. And under that it usually shows amount under of what You Save. None of these items are there except for a standard single price.

Being an Amazsnob - I notice these little things. :)

*Amazsnob - a Prime member snob who obsessively buys from Amazon.com

Lol - made my morning. Thanks, tech.[/QUOTE]

After doing some research I doubt it is a msrp drop because not another single retailer has it at that price. Not Best Buy, Newegg, Wal-mart, etc. they are all at $39.99 even Sony Style has it at that price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='the_ENEMY_']used on gohastings for 23.99, and they like to have sales such as 33% off and 99 cent shipping... that would make it about $17 for a used copy. No DLC codes come with this game I am guessing so as long as the condition is fine you don't miss anything.[/QUOTE]

or pay an extra $2 and get it brand new...

[quote name='VaultDweller']played these long time ago ....boring games imho[/QUOTE]

I never extensively played either but from what I've seen of gameplay footage, Ico looks like it could be pretty fun. From just the sounds of the general premise of SotC, it does sound rather boring to me though I have barely played past the beginning of the game. However, I have still wanted to give both of them a proper play through given the great reviews they have gotten by both critics and average gamers and what I have seen of gameplay footage so I thought this was a good deal. Just hope mine ships soon enough to be able to redeem the free month of PS+.

[quote name='technicalstylez']canceled my order because i just found it behind my first row of ps3 games. lol fuckin cag[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha, that sounds like something I would have done before I got my huge arse storage rack thingy solely for my games (and it looks very nice too :D). Unfortunately it's almost completely full after just having gotten it about a year ago. :oops:

[quote name='blinknot4']*Amazsnob - a Prime member snob who obsessively buys from Amazon.com[/QUOTE]

Does it count if you obsessively buy from Amazon but aren't a Prime member because you're too cheap, don't care about any of the stuff included with Prime membership and always buy items using the FSSS option? :lol:

[quote name='MellowSeth']If you only played the beginning of the game. did you get to the first colossus yet lol?[/QUOTE]

If you're talking to me, then no. :oops: Heh heh, I got (and still have) used copies of Ico and SotC for the PS2 but just played each of them for about 30-45 minutes like I do for any used games I get just to feel confident they'll play right after making sure they are scratch free. But since I haven't played through either of them and in the interests of continuing my new goal in life of being a master trophy whore :razz:, I've been waiting for this price point or lower on the collection. Plus I have the cd-rom version of Ico (not sure if there ever was a DVD version) and my PS2 is a bit stubborn about booting CD games nowadays...I can usually get them to boot and play fine after 3-4 resets and moving the lens around but that's a pain in the arse. :cry:

I just went to order and it says its temporarily out of stock. I don't order from amazon that often. About how long do these types of things take to come in?

[quote name='electrichead']I just went to order and it says its temporarily out of stock. I don't order from amazon that often. About how long do these types of things take to come in?[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure, in all my years and many, many purchases from Amazon, I may have ordered 1 temporary oos item before. Iirc, it didn't take more than a week but I'm sure it really depends on the manufacturer's production quantities and shipping dates. If you're not in a rush though, I'd just go ahead and get it if you don't anticipate finding it for a better price point anytime soon, which I don't anticipate that except maybe if you were to just find a deal at some local bumfuck store.

[quote name='neil1115']After doing some research I doubt it is a msrp drop because not another single retailer has it at that price. Not Best Buy, Newegg, Wal-mart, etc. they are all at $39.99 even Sony Style has it at that price.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, if it's a true MSRP drop it's going to be across the board. I mean a few stores might be slow to do it but the major ones will right away.

If this was at Best Buy or someplace I'd snatch it up...or even Gamestop since if it was an MSRP drop the used price would drop to 17.99 (or thereabouts).

[quote name='VaultDweller']played these long time ago ....boring games imho[/QUOTE]

We differ greatly. Two of the best games ever made in my opinion!

[quote name='Markew001']We differ greatly. Two of the best games ever made in my opinion![/QUOTE]

Agreed... Have them both for the PS2 and also have this set... so amazing... Stupid Sony and not showing Last Guardian @ E3... I would like to have this set for the Vita also

Ok I went ahead and placed an order for one. Hopefully this won't be one of those things where it never comes back in stock and they cancel it. I've never played these and am really looking forward to it.

[quote name='electrichead']I just went to order and it says its temporarily out of stock. I don't order from amazon that often. About how long do these types of things take to come in?[/QUOTE]

Hoping they'll have them ready to ship by the start of next week. This game isn't out of print or anything, so I can't imagine it would take them that long to get another batch of copies from Sony.

[quote name='langdon_alger']just got an e-mail with the 30-day PS+ code. I thought someone was asking at one point if it was a pack in or how it worked.[/QUOTE]

Does it have expiration date ?

[quote name='akir']or pay an extra $2 and get it brand new...[/QUOTE]

THIS. NEW supports Sony and the developers.
USED supports Gamefly...

Oh and just a random tidbit. THESE GAMES ARE AMAZING IN 3D! If you have a 3D you will love Ico and be blown away by SotC. Worth every penny just for the 3D experience. Seriously, you will get lost in these worlds.

[quote name='ZincAlloy']THIS. NEW supports Sony and the developers.
USED supports Gamefly...

Oh and just a random tidbit. THESE GAMES ARE AMAZING IN 3D! If you have a 3D you will love Ico and be blown away by SotC. Worth every penny just for the 3D experience. Seriously, you will get lost in these worlds.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this info. This helped make my decision easier.

[quote name='langdon_alger']just got an e-mail with the 30-day PS+ code. I thought someone was asking at one point if it was a pack in or how it worked.[/QUOTE]

Was your game already shipped? Mine's on backorder and I have not received my PS+ code. Just wondering if I should be watching for it.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Was your game already shipped? Mine's on backorder and I have not received my PS+ code. Just wondering if I should be watching for it.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow (Prime). I ordered right after I saw the thread. I think there were only 2-3 posts at the time.

Thank you for the heads up. It is rare that I will rebuy a game at all let alone 2 so I sure was not going to do it for full price. That being said I am very much looking forward to playing through them again.

Just popping in to see if anyone who placed an order for this while it was out of stock has gotten any sort of shipping notification.

I bought SotC/ICO a while back from Target, never opened it, it's still sealed.

I need the cash, so I'm gonna sell it. I'll sell it for the price amazon has it plus 2-3 more for shipping ($23 shipped).

If you're interested, throw me a message. I can get it out tomorrow/monday.

[quote name='Konketsu']Thanks for this info. This helped make my decision easier.[/QUOTE]
You're welcome! Trust me you won't regret it.

[quote name='JanusDS']
Does it count if you obsessively buy from Amazon but aren't a Prime member because you're too cheap, don't care about any of the stuff included with Prime membership and always buy items using the FSSS option? :lol:[/QUOTE]
Well, count me in, then, lol.

Thanks, OP. I went ahead & ordered, and it's cool they treat it like a preorder & don't charge 'til it ships (cuz it's temporarily out of stock).

[quote name='DarkMario616']I bought SotC/ICO a while back from Target, never opened it, it's still sealed.

I need the cash, so I'm gonna sell it. I'll sell it for the price amazon has it plus 2-3 more for shipping ($23 shipped).

If you're interested, throw me a message. I can get it out tomorrow/monday.[/QUOTE]
Does that include a month of PS+?

[quote name='ZincAlloy']THIS. NEW supports Sony and the developers.
USED supports Gamefly...
[/QUOTE]

Bought it new for $20 from GameFly. So I guess I'm supporting... everyone? Winning!

[quote name='akir']or pay an extra $2 and get it brand new...[/QUOTE]

i only mentioned this because the game is temporarily OOS... and if it never came back at that price there were tons of opportunities.

and about supporting game developers... by buying used you support people who trade in / sell their games to buy more games which they wouldn't be able to afford otherwise, which is an entire principal of being a CAG. supporting developers, lol. its an ecosystem, no matter which way you participate its all important.

Good luck explaining this to people. That's like saying if you buy a used house you're not supporting the new house builders, or a new car, you're not supporting the car manufacturers. Yeah, and if cars became worthless the moment you drove them off the lot, car sales would tank.

Everyone buying new $60 games would work great for Activision. It works great for Blizzard. How many new copies of new IP would sell if people knew they had to keep it forever? A lot of people take a leap on a game because they know they can sell it for $40 the next day if they don't like it.

A healthy used market helps a health new market. A healthy used market is very GOOD for consumers, and I would argue for developers too. They whine about it, but again, it's usually the people that don't understand markets that do the whining.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']i only mentioned this because the game is temporarily OOS... and if it never came back at that price there were tons of opportunities.

and about supporting game developers... by buying used you support people who trade in / sell their games to buy more games which they wouldn't be able to afford otherwise, which is an entire principal of being a CAG. supporting developers, lol. its an ecosystem, no matter which way you participate its all important.[/QUOTE]

I still cant beleave i got this and the gow origins collection for 15$ at launch from bestbuy with that coupon, great times :). Im finally going to start playing this as Its been in my backlog since launch lol

Mine shipped today and should be there on Wednesday. Looking forward to playing this and Gravity Rush for my Vita once i get back!

bread's done
Back