ICO (PS2) $7.50 shipped free after coupons and Edge card at EBgames.com

Offtopic but if you haven't heard, Sony just announced Team ICO's next project last night. It's called 'Wanda and the Colossus'

Famitsu.com has a bit of info about it. To sum it up, it's not a sequel - they just used their experience and technology in this game. It's an action game where you have to fight the huge statues (there's a lot of them). Your only friend is the horse and the girl you must look after is very important to you, though it is not explained by the story in game. The main character, the girl and the horse are the only living things on earth.

Game-wise, you have to "catch" the giant and climb onto it. You have to find its weak points and attack them, but the surface of the giant can be maze-like, so the game is part action, part puzzle.

Wanda.jpg

I got this game at the Circuit City sale and it is awesome! Worth getting if you don't have it..A true video game work of art

Goddamn, that collossus game looks fucked up, yet awesome.

ICO's insane awesomeness alone should get me to buy that.

And anybody who doesn't have ICO yet, get this deal. It is an AMAZING game.

1000 posts! Yay! I heard Ico is a love it/hate it type of game. Some compare it to Shenmue and call it incredibly boring. I have to pick it up next time I see it for cheap.

[quote name='Trakan']1000 posts! Yay! I heard Ico is a love it/hate it type of game. Some compare it to Shenmue and call it incredibly boring. I have to pick it up next time I see it for cheap.[/quote]

Congrats Trakan

Is the game really like Shenmue? If so I have to pick it up immediately. Or are they just saying the game is like Shenmue in the fact that you think it's either genius or garbage? On a side note where on ebgames.com do you see the quantity left on an item? I'm looking at the ico page at the store, but don't see a quantity anywhere.

After buying it years ago I finally decided to play through it recently and got about halfway through before I realized I wasn't enjoying it. I found the game to be quite boring and I'm not sure what all of the fuss was about. Anyone?

Pretty good deal, Cheapy, but you didn't indicate pre-owned in your subject line -- No soup for you! :D

And the game is nothing like Shenmue.

No shit it's nothing like Shenmue. Shenmue & Shenmue II are both masterpieces (my fav games) .. ICO isn't all that great, IMO.

bread's done
Back