If you could "disappear" 10 people...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Do you have a better explanation as to why she obviously thought so highly of him in the post Trakan linked and yet now she wants him to "disappear"?[/quote]
No, but your explanation wasn't that good to begin with. He wasn't an unknown comic in July and became a sickeningly popular comic weeks later. We have to wait for the official explanation.

[quote name='2poor']Don't forget high school kids.[/QUOTE]

Hey! Not ALL of us are that bad...Well, most, but i'm not :)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No, but your explanation wasn't that good to begin with. He wasn't an unknown comic in July and became a sickeningly popular comic weeks later. We have to wait for the official explanation.[/QUOTE]

Well, in July he was just a comic with a few movie roles here and there but nothing major, now he's the main character in a movie and has hosted the kid's choice awards and is making all the rounds in the talk show circuit.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Well, in July he was just a comic with a few movie roles here and there but nothing major, now he's the main character in a movie and has hosted the kid's choice awards and is making all the rounds in the talk show circuit.[/quote]
Before then, he had a top-selling comedy album, an appearance on SNL (the only comedian ever to host the show), and appeared on all the talk shows every few months for various reasons.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Before then, he had a top-selling comedy album, an appearance on SNL (the only comedian ever to host the show), and appeared on all the talk shows every few months for various reasons.[/quote]
The "official explanation", is that I don't like him (as a comedian, person, entertainer, actor or anything), but if he'd shut the hell up, and calm down. He'd be quite sexy. I would've thought that was obvious in the phrasing. :roll:

[quote name='captainfrizo']Hmm. . .I'm not a fan of the whole "murder" thing, but here's my list:

1. Tom Brady
2. Bill Belichick

3. T.O.
4. Chris Simms (just scored a touchdown against my Panthers)
5. Chris Collingsworth
6. Will Ferrell
7. Peter Jackson
8. Jack Black
9. Kellen Winslow
10. Dr. Phil[/QUOTE]

Soar-sport.

Don't agree with the murder thing, but I just find these people annoying:

1. Paris Hilton
2. Bill O'Reilly
3. Chris Matthews
4. Nancy Grace
5. Jim Rome
6. Lindsay Lohan
7. Kevin Federline
8. Jessica Simpson
9. Kevin Pereira
10. Adam Sessler/Morgan Webb

[quote name='smellhasreturned']1. Scorch

... thats it[/QUOTE]

So when's the wedding date? :lol:

Oh, and for my list... this is my "never want to hear from again list"

1. George W. Bush (I think this is a tell all of where I stand politically)
2. John Cena
3. Green Day
4. James Blunt
5. John Madden
6. Tom Cruise
7. ECW's Kelly Kelly
8. Lex Luger
9. Larry The Cable Guy
10. Bret Farve

And in the runners up category:

- Freddie Prince Jr.
- Leonardo DiCaprio
- The Backstreet Boys
- Tom Green
- Michael Cole
- Don "Screaming" West
- Jeremy Borash
- All American Rejects (god I'm sick of them already)
- Enimen
- Pamela Anderson
- Paris Hilton

[quote name='Ma12kez']Don't agree with the murder thing, but I just find these people annoying:

5. Jim Rome
[/quote]

I forgot about him. I can't stand him. He and Suzy Kolber sound like they went to the same voice acting school.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I forgot about him. I can't stand him. He and Suzy Kolber sound like they went to the same voice acting school.[/QUOTE]

(as Jim Rome)

C'mon, Guile, you can't deny me. I have tremendous jack! You know you want to rub me down with Theragesic. Call in to me. 1-800-636-8686. Or Rome. R-O-M-E at haveatake.com

(growls)

:rofl:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Before then, he had a top-selling comedy album, an appearance on SNL (the only comedian ever to host the show), and appeared on all the talk shows every few months for various reasons.[/QUOTE]/I only started hearing about all this Dane Cook hate and insane popularity in the last couple months, so I think a lot of people's opinion of him changed recently. Or maybe they just became more vocal recently. Dane Cook's HBO series and HBO comedy special were both this summer (both of which overhype him, I think), too.
[quote name='DJ K8E']The "official explanation", is that I don't like him (as a comedian, person, entertainer, actor or anything), but if he'd shut the hell up, and calm down. He'd be quite sexy. I would've thought that was obvious in the phrasing. :roll:[/QUOTE]He went from being one of your top 3 comedians to one of the 10 people you'd like like dead. That's quite a change.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1838557&postcount=14

On topic, I can't think of 10 people I'd want to disappear from public, tho I know Paris Hilton is one. And I don't really watch CSI: Miami, but I've seen a couple episodes. David Caruso has to be one of the worst actors ever on mainstream television.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']/I only started hearing about all this Dane Cook hate and insane popularity in the last couple months, so I think a lot of people's opinion of him changed recently. Or maybe they just became more vocal recently. Dane Cook's HBO series and HBO comedy special were both this summer (both of which overhype him, I think), too.
[/QUOTE]

Dane Cook's fallen on my funny person list, too. His HBO reality series was absolutely wretched and I stopped watching it after the second episode. Plus, he repeats his jokes way too often. His old stuff is still good.

[quote name='Saucy Jack'][quote name='judyjudyjudy']/I only started hearing about all this Dane Cook hate and insane popularity in the last couple months, so I think a lot of people's opinion of him changed recently. Or maybe they just became more vocal recently. Dane Cook's HBO series and HBO comedy special were both this summer (both of which overhype him, I think), too.
[/quote]
Dane Cook's fallen on my funny person list, too. His HBO reality series was absolutely wretched and I stopped watching it after the second episode. Plus, he repeats his jokes way too often. His old stuff is still good.[/quote]
That list was incorrect even when I posted it. Eddie Izzard or Demetri Martin probably belonged there, but I didn't think of them at the time. I will admit though that Retaliation was a funny album when I listened to it, but the level of superstardom he's gotten, and more importantly the rash of people who now frantically quote him whenever possible, and/or act like him, or speak like him when telling stories (happens more than you think, especially around here), has just gotten completely out of hand.

Thus, he is no longer on my list anywhere, because the jokes that were funny, or not any longer. In fact I should probably get rid of my copy of Retaliation and pick up a copy of Dress To Kill.

"Thank you for flying Church of England, cake or death?"

[quote name='Greetard']Soar-sport.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you have no idea. I'll put it this way - if the Patriots were to play a team that consisted of Hitler, Stalin, Osama bin Laden, Dr. Phil, Satan, and other such sources of pure evil, I would never, ever support the Patriots. I'd be cheering for the "bad guys" each and every time.

As for Chris Simms, wow. I can't help but feel a little. . .guilty (for lack of a better term) since I put him on my list. I hope he recovers quickly and doesn't encounter any future issues.

[quote name='captainfrizo']Oh, you have no idea. I'll put it this way - if the Patriots were to play a team that consisted of Hitler, Stalin, Osama bin Laden, Dr. Phil, Satan, and other such sources of pure evil, I would never, ever support the Patriots. I'd be cheering for the "bad guys" each and every time.

As for Chris Simms, wow. I can't help but feel a little. . .guilty (for lack of a better term) since I put him on my list. I hope he recovers quickly and doesn't encounter any future issues.[/QUOTE]

Well, it looks like your prayers have been answered this season. We suck.

shit, am I the only person who expected there to be bad guys/evil folks in the OP? Annoying celebrities are easily ignored, but the guy in Iran pretending they don't have a nuclear weapons program and the other looney tunes in North Korea who is trying to flaunt their nuclear weapons program are two folks I'd rather not ever have to hear from again, just for starters.

[quote name='DJ K8E']That list was incorrect even when I posted it. Eddie Izzard or Demetri Martin probably belonged there, but I didn't think of them at the time. I will admit though that Retaliation was a funny album when I listened to it, but the level of superstardom he's gotten, and more importantly the rash of people who now frantically quote him whenever possible, and/or act like him, or speak like him when telling stories (happens more than you think, especially around here), has just gotten completely out of hand.

Thus, he is no longer on my list anywhere, because the jokes that were funny, or not any longer. In fact I should probably get rid of my copy of Retaliation and pick up a copy of Dress To Kill.

"Thank you for flying Church of England, cake or death?"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I enjoyed Retaliation as well. However, it just seems like he doesn't come up with new material anymore. And yes, he is overquoted nowadays.

Do indeed pick up a copy of Dress to Kill. Eddie Izzard is hilarious! It's a shame that most people just see a man in drag and they don't give him a chance.

"Cake, please."
"Well, we're out of cake! We only had three bits and didn't expect such a rush!"
"So my choice is 'or death? I'll have the chicken, then."
"Tastes of human, sir."

It looks like Dane Cook's popularity has collapsed like a "flan in a cupboard." :lol:

[quote name='DJ K8E']I will admit though that Retaliation was a funny album when I listened to it, but the level of superstardom he's gotten, and more importantly the rash of people who now frantically quote him whenever possible, and/or act like him, or speak like him when telling stories (happens more than you think, especially around here), has just gotten completely out of hand.[/quote]

I hate it when people say shit like this. The same thing happened with Chappelle. It's a bullshit reason to stop liking a comedian. People act like it's somehow the comedian's fault for saying something so goddamn hilariously funny that everybody in the world thinks it's funny enough to repeat all the time. Blame the idiots who repeat it all day, don't blame the dude who made it funny. It's one thing to hate it when people spout out shit from people who ain't funny (Ned Holness) but it's another when everyone found the original joke/person funny.

[quote name='Trakan']I hate it when people say shit like this.[/quote]

I would try to defend my position, but I'm so sick of doing that around here. So deal with it.

[quote name='DJ K8E']I would try to defend my position, but I'm so sick of doing that around here. So deal with it.[/quote]

There is no need to defend it. I mean, I live in the south and while I was never a Larry the Cable Guy fan the phrase "Git-R-Done" is used by almost everyone here and has caused me an intense dislike for the man. Many others would agree.

[quote name='Trakan']It's one thing to hate it when people spout out shit from people who ain't funny (Ned Holness) but it's another when everyone found the original joke/person funny.[/quote]

Come on now, how funny a person is is subjective. I put Tom Green on my list and then Brak put ME on his. It doesn't mean I can't handle his opinion. He likes Tom, thats fine. I moved on and don't have a problem with it and didn't feel the need to retort.

I dislike Dane Cook because I dislike his comedy routine.

That's my reason. ;o

If I had to forumate a list, it'd consist mostly of people I know -- personally.

And I've already spoken to an assassin over our little... disagreement, GuileasNK.

I have to agree with the Dane Cook defenders, only because I guess my list would consist of people who turn on something or someone good because it gets too popular.

Oh, I love this - it's great! Wait a minute...everybody else likes it too? I mean I hate it!

I guess there is an argument to be made that if someone or something gets so popular that millions of people make a terrible attempt to imitate it, having to suffer through the poor imitations day in and day out will outweigh the good of whatever it is that was good in the first place.

Still, while Monty Python and the Holy Grail (AKA: "Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail", "Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail", etc. etc. etc.) remains the most annoyingly mis-quoted movie in the universe complete with attempted British Accents that are no more convincing than if they had just said the line in straight American English ("Green...I mean bluaaaaagh!"; "Come back over here so I can bite your legs!") there is no way I would rather the movie had never existed.

bread's done
Back