Ikaruga $14.98 at Wal-Mart YMMV

foltzie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Picked up a sealed copy of Ikaruga and Resident Evil Code Veronica X for 14.98 each at the Keystone Wal-Mart in Indianapolis.

As with everything else Wal-Mart YMMV. (This particular Wal-Mart is sold out of those two games.)

Hasnt it been at 19.99 for a long time already? Remembered seeing it at Best Buy and Gamestop for that price, just actually FINDING a copy was impossible.

[quote name='sonarrat']Was there a reprint??[/QUOTE]

Not to my knowledge. These are just copies that have been gathering dust in those stupid Walmart cabinets. There is a mess of games that are being clearanced at YMMV Walmarts.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']That would be a great RPG. Finding Ikaruga.[/QUOTE]

So who wants to start? Quest for Ikaruga: (crap cant come up with a good subtitle) Oh well ignore me :(

[quote name='lurknomore']Not to my knowledge. These are just copies that have been gathering dust in those stupid Walmart cabinets. There is a mess of games that are being clearanced at YMMV Walmarts.[/QUOTE]

Wal Mart being the redneck store that it is, they don't realize that people want those games they've been leaving in the back of the cabinets. I hate Wal Mart.

I've noticed that sometimes they have those games in the cabinets for long periods of time due to the fact they fail to mark them down. Noticed it alot in my local wal-mart, but then again I've only been there twice without me wanting too. Oh well, finding rare games like that surely is a treat.

[quote name='iufoltzie']Picked up a sealed copy of Ikaruga and Resident Evil Code Veronica X for 14.98 each at the Keystone Wal-Mart in Indianapolis.

As with everything else Wal-Mart YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I had seen this copy before but it still showing up at $40-$50 dollar range the last time I checked.

Wal-Mart's have a limited amount of shelf space and depending on the store the managers may or may not allow the electronics department to store the single copy games below the regular shelves. When that rule changes you can sometimes find random good games at Wal-Mart.

You'd be surprised what you can find at Wal-Mart due to their "If it doesn't sell, just dump it into a massive bin that nobody has any hope of picking through" attitude. There are still sealed copies of ICO at mine for like $10.

Reality's Fringe]You'd be surprised what you can find at Wal-Mart due to their "If it doesn't sell said:
Heh yeah, mine had Ico for ages, so did Superstore. Eventually I picked up like 10-20 and just ebay/gametz'd them, but theres still more there.
Did NOBODY buy that game? -_-;

Reality's Fringe]You'd be surprised what you can find at Wal-Mart due to their "If it doesn't sell said:
Could you or anyone else that has time and has a bunch of Ico's at their walmart pick one up for me? I'd pay for the shipping. I can't find it at my walmart, but I'll try at another walmart some time this week.

Found the exact same two games as the op, and a copy of Ico I believe. I should really pick that up-- is Ico just a sought after game, or is it worth more than 15 bucks?

If anyone can pick one of these up, I have a sealed Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner I could trade for it. I might also have some other things I could trade.

[quote name='JackSuper']so you can re-sell it?[/QUOTE]
You really think he's going to buy it off someone here for $20 and then resell it for $20? If he's lucky, he'll get $25.

This game is way too hard to find so I'm not even going to waste my time checking all these stores I have before. Too bad chances of this showing up on live arcade are pretty slim too.

ICO is one of those rad, underpriced, not so well known games. Definately worth pickig up for that price. Its value is probably not more than $15, although a real gem like Beyond Good & Evil.

I picked up a used copy for $5 that I recently traded on CAG. Recently got another copy off an auction site for $5 shipped. Also picked up 2 strategy guides for the game, both new for $1 each. Since I can get the game for $5 used every so often, I won't spend more than that for it. I'm so cheap. If anyone is wondering, I don't currently have a spare game or giude to sell/trade. I want at least 1 of each for myself.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Found the exact same two games as the op, and a copy of Ico I believe. I should really pick that up-- is Ico just a sought after game, or is it worth more than 15 bucks?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JackSuper']still a good game :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah.. I hope I can find Ico at another walmart tomorrow. I want to play it before I buy Shadow of the Colossus. There are a bunch of copies at gamestop, but I've been meaning to pick up a copy for the past year and still haven't.

[quote name='brianmoy']ICO is one of those rad, underpriced, not so well known games. Definately worth pickig up for that price. Its value is probably not more than $15, although a real gem like Beyond Good & Evil.

I picked up a used copy for $5 that I recently traded on CAG. Recently got another copy off an auction site for $5 shipped. Also picked up 2 strategy guides for the game, both new for $1 each. Since I can get the game for $5 used every so often, I won't spend more than that for it. I'm so cheap. If anyone is wondering, I don't currently have a spare game or giude to sell/trade. I want at least 1 of each for myself.[/QUOTE]
Where can you get a copy of Ico for $5? Unveil your secrets.

[quote name='mr ryles']I want ikaruga to play it, because it sells for $50 I'm not gonna pay that much to get it.[/QUOTE]
Just keep a look out at GameStop, they get them in once in a while. I got a mint one last year the first day I looked for it, only $22.49.

i bought ikaruga off ebay for $41 sealed. then it cost like $5 to ship. The cd was loose inside the case so i got a sealed game with a scratched up cd...lol. It's still worth it to give Ikaruga a try though. Just hound ebay for a little. You might be able to find a used copy for a lower price.

That's pretty damn ironic that this thread was made. I have gone to THAT EXACT Wal Mart for 3 weeks in a row seeing that ikaruga on the bottom of the display case stacked among other mediocre GC titles and didn't see a price on it and didn't feel like asking the pathetic excuses of customer service, associates, that work there to scan it to see the price. Oh well.

Congrats!

Ico's quality stuff if you like that sort of obscure puzzle solving gameplay. If you liked Shadow of the Colossus, you'll probably like Ico. They play completely different but they both have the weird, sleepy vibe. I dunno how else to explain it. I love them both.

[quote name='Fot49']i bought ikaruga off ebay for $41 sealed. then it cost like $5 to ship. The cd was loose inside the case so i got a sealed game with a scratched up cd...lol. It's still worth it to give Ikaruga a try though. Just hound ebay for a little. You might be able to find a used copy for a lower price.[/QUOTE]

Well I won't be making any cash off mine, because I already opened it and gave it a whirl and promptly found out that my trigger finger has atrophied.

A beautiful game.

[quote name='iufoltzie']Well I won't be making any cash off mine, because I already opened it and gave it a whirl and promptly found out that my trigger finger has atrophied.

A beautiful game.[/QUOTE]
Ikaruga is definitely the most fun I have sucking at a game.

One of my local Wal-Marts had 3 copies of ICO at that $14.88 price. I might grab them if they are still there the next time I drive by if the CAGers are still showing a favor for ICO.

Since I dont have a PS2 its going to be strickly to spread out the good games.

How does Ikaruga for GC compare to the Dreamcast version. Already have one, don't know if I want to invest in another copy. BTW, my walmart only has clearanced 19.98 games and all crappy games at that.

As far as I can tell, the GC version a pretty much a pixel-perfect port of the DC version. Did the DC version have the demo videos you could unlock?

You think that's lucky, I prefer the word blessed, I literally ran into a copy of DDR Mario Mix at Circuit City yesterday as I was just about to walk out of the door. I snatched it up immediately and I asked the girl if she had more in stock. She had two more! I bought all three of them! Wooo-hooo! Thank you Lord Jesus!

I found sealed ICO's at a store named Conns near my house for $10 bucks a peice.. I picked up 3 of them (1 for play 2 for keeping)... I might go back and get another copy.

As for Ikaruga, I got mine used @ EB about a year ago for around 25 bucks (GCN).

bread's done
Back