I'm buying a new Playstation 3...

Lord Draconus777

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I'm like 99% sure I'm going to buy a PS3 friday. I want to get the Gamestop God of War/Little Big Planet 120 Gig bundle, as I think it's a great deal. However, I'd love for my fellow cags to make other suggestions!

I already plan on getting Modern Warfare 2, the Uncharted games, and the Resistance games. Also, I'd love for anyone who has as PSN I.D. to leave me theirs if you'd like to play online :D

[quote name='Jodou']Skip MW2 and the Resistance games for something good, like Batman IMO.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Uncharted 2 should hopefully scratch your itch to shoot things/peoples/zombies/aliens/bottles. Batman is an absolute blast, and doubly awesome if you like the Batman universe.

Which leads me to my suggestion of getting the Walmart Black Friday bundle: PS3 Slim + Batman: Arkam Asylum, inFamous, and Dark Knight (movie) - $299

Not for the feint of heart, of course. God Speed should you choose to brave the Walmart crowd and major kudos if you actually do get it.

And Valkyria Chronicles FTW!

Haha, ya I actually really wanted the Walmart bundle, but I think the Gamestop bundle is more appealing considering waiting 1 hour in the cold>>>>>10 hours in the cold+ridiculous crowds+omfg bbq.

So I should pass on the Resistance/MW games?

I'd go with the walmart bundle. I'm picking up a bundle from bestbuy for my lil bros. You have a 360?? If so, then check out the sony exclusives. If not, I could go on and on with titles that can be cheaply had.

Though I'm a fan of Resistance, I'd say pass on it for now. The online community is dying out pretty fast now. The games end quickly and it takes a pretty long time to find one. I enjoyed the single player, but it's nothing that will blow you away. Get it if it's cheap. Personally, I'd go with the BB or Walmart bundle, but I don't blame you for not wanting to wait in the cold.
Feel free to add me.

Don't get Resistance 1 or 2. You'll be majorly disappointed and think "this is next gen?". Get MW2, Uncharted 2, Borderlands, Batman, God of War collection, and Killzone 2.

Damn lotta Resistance hate. I thought Resistance 1 was great with local coop and the online was better than R2. People are still playing it too

I would say get some PSN games.

Shatter, PixelJunk Monsters..

Less than $20 and you will spend hours on these games. The indie scene on the PSN is AMAZING.

How can Resistance 'suck'? I have played a crapload of games and several of those have really sucked. I enjoyed the first one, and haven't played the second, but even taking away my personal enjoyment and looking at the game from a more critical eye, there are things that could have been better, sure, but I do not see how it 'sucks'.

Given all that, I don't know that you need to rush right out and snatch up the Resistance series. Get the first two Uncharted games for sure, as they are both excellent gaming experiences. Like others have said, Batman is a great single player game as well, along with Bioshock and Fallout 3. For online gaming, getting either Killzone or MW2 will give you a nice FPS fix, but another decent online game to try is Warhawk. It can be had for a decent price now and still has a strong community.

My PSN name is MattNY if you want to hit me up. Just send me a message saying who you are from CAG when you do so, that way I know who you are.

I just bought the uncharted bundle 160gb. What games would you guys reccommend to start with? I think so far MGS4 and demons souls.

I'm a fan of platformers as well, and Little Big Planet looks like it'll satisfy big time. Anyone here a regular on LBP? And how are the PS3 Ratchet games? Are they as good as the first three on the PS2?

Thanks for the responses everyone. More feedback is appreciated too!

Well here's my haul:

-120Gb bundle with God of War Collection and Little Big Planet ($299)
-New copy of Batman Arkham Asylum ($39.99)
-Uncharted: Drakes Fortune ($21.49)
-Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction ($21.49)
-Assassin's Creed (free)
*All used games were in mint condition too :)

Plus I had $85 in trade credit

Final Cost: $326 and some odd cents.

I hope to get my PSN I.D. up later today, but for now I need to get some much needed rest, as I bid thee adieu for now.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']Well here's my haul:

-120Gb bundle with God of War Collection and Little Big Planet ($299)
-New copy of Batman Arkham Asylum ($39.99)
-Uncharted: Drakes Fortune ($21.49)
-Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction ($21.49)
-Assassin's Creed (free)
*All used games were in mint condition too :)

Plus I had $85 in trade credit

Final Cost: $326 and some odd cents.

I hope to get my PSN I.D. up later today, but for now I need to get some much needed rest, as I bid thee adieu for now.[/QUOTE]

At gamestop.... is Little Big Planet the game of the year edtion?

bread's done
Back