I'm Getting Neutered Friday, have a couple of questions

Squirms

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
After the birth of our second kid, I have decided to get myself a vasectomy. I have a couple of questions for those of you that have had the procedure done. How long after the procedure will I experience pain, and what kind of pain is it? Also, does the doctor give any sort of pain medicine, or will I be having to grunt it out with only ice bags and Tylenol?

Damn man, I highly doubt there are very many people here who've had it done. Man, I don't think I could ever get one done, though. My two soldiers will always, hopefully, be working perfectly.

A certain percentage of men experience a period of severe swelling that pretty much leaves you out of commision for a day or so. This happened to my brother.

My advice is to be sure you can have the time free if that should come up. The other three men I knew at the time had vasectomies had no problems and didn't need to take any time away from work.

Mine have worked a little to perfect, so I really don't want another kid. It's not like I can't have sex anymore, I'll just be shooting blanks. This is also going to save tons of money because my wife's birth control would cost as much for one month as this procedure is costing me, and it's forever.

[quote name='epobirs']A certain percentage of men experience a period of severe swelling that pretty much leaves you out of commision for a day or so. This happened to my brother.

My advice is to be sure you can have the time free if that should come up. The other three men I knew at the time had vasectomies had no problems and didn't need to take any time away from work.[/quote]

Yeah I'm taking all day Friday off, plus the weekend to recover. I plan on picking up Paper Mario to keep me busy since Friday I am supposed to just lay around and be a bum.

[quote name='Squirms']Mine have worked a little to perfect, so I really don't want another kid. It's not like I can't have sex anymore, I'll just be shooting blanks. This is also going to save tons of money because my wife's birth control would cost as much for one month as this procedure is costing me, and it's forever.[/quote]

I guess with all the money you're saving you can now afford to buy more games. Not a trade off I'm willing to make, but whatever works. Good luck on the procedure.

I'm also in the same boat I will probably get this done in the next 6 months. my dad had it done and he said it wasn't too bad and after the first day there is hardly any pain

I had a buddy get it done several years ago. He took Friday off to do it and was back to work on Monday. He said the worst thing was that the doctor said "no stairs or lifting" for several weeks. Except for walking a little slower than normal, none of us would have probably known he'd had anything done if he hadn't told us..

I'll probably do it down the road. We want one more baby first..

It's more common than you might think, Grave. Espceially with the newer techniques that offer the potential for reversal and restoration of fertility. It has a lot less hassle a lot of other methods and fewer potential medical issues than the Pill places upon women.

My wife and I are having our second child in April and I'll have it done after that. I'm also curious about how people are affected by the procedure. Most of the accounts I've heard tend to suggest a quick recovery with the exception of a cousin who said it felt like being kicked in the nuts for a couple of days.

I gotta say I really respect that Squirms. Most men just kinda leave it to the girl to keep popin' the pill... That's a very responsible choice on your part

Most men just kinda leave it to the girl to keep popin' the pill...
Theres this new invention called condoms...

Don't do it man, we had this done to my cat, and he hasn't been the same since. He seems really depressed now and lets the girl cat smack him around.

I'll tell you my story, but it may make you second guess having it done.

After my wife and I had our second daughter, I decided to get it done. I went in a little over a year ago and had the procedure which lasted about an hour. I was completely awake for the whole the procedure. They just used a local anesthetic and I took a valium before I went in. I was pretty bruised for about a week after and there was some pain, but only for the first few days. All seemed well, until I went back 3 months later with my follow up sample. Seems my little swimmers didn't want to quit, and I was that one guy a year that my doctor says has it "re-attach". I watched the whole prodecdure, so I know he did what he was supposed to. I guess it was just a freak thing.

Needless to say, I had to go back and have it done a second time (It's bad enough to go through once....but no one should have to experience it twice!). I had less bruising the second time, but I was in pain for nearly two weeks the second time. I just brought back my sample a few weeks ago and.....finally...SUCCESS!!

Anyway, it's not too terrible. Just keep your fingers crossed that it will be successful the first time.

[quote name='dafoomie']

Don't do it man, we had this done to my cat, and he hasn't been the same since. He seems really depressed now and lets the girl cat smack him around.[/quote]

But, he's a gamer. He already lies around staring at the TV a lot. What will be the difference. And since he's the one having it done, the girl cat in that house appears to already be spanking him.

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='Squirms']Mine have worked a little to perfect, so I really don't want another kid. It's not like I can't have sex anymore, I'll just be shooting blanks. This is also going to save tons of money because my wife's birth control would cost as much for one month as this procedure is costing me, and it's forever.[/quote]

I guess with all the money you're saving you can now afford to buy more games. Not a trade off I'm willing to make, but whatever works. Good luck on the procedure.[/quote]

If the kids get a vote you know the increased frequency of game purchases is going to beat a new sibling every time.

[quote name='dafoomie']

Don't do it man, we had this done to my cat, and he hasn't been the same since. He seems really depressed now and lets the girl cat smack him around.[/quote]

condoms break, condoms slip, condoms decay, condoms blow.

[quote name='dafoomie']

After you have sex without a condom its hard to go back you lose so much feeling. All of a sudden you are a two hour marathon man because you can't feel crap.

^^^^^
Believe Dat!!

A friend of mine had the procedure done about a year ago. The after effects are pretty much what everyone described, soreness and swelling, but nothing that some ice packs couldn't help.
After a day or two he was back up to full speed.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']well one thing's for sure, no one is fiddling with this horse's equipment[/quote]

Bad news, son. Bamboo Harvester was a gelding.

Squirms, this thread makes me squirm . . .

I need to get it done as well . . . two kids are enough . . . been putting it off . . .

Let us know how it goes.

well my across the street neighbor had it done, and went on with his life. He already had 2 kids and decided it was enough. Well lets just say he was the statistic and his wife got pregnant again even after the surgery, so he had to have it again.

[quote name='dafoomie']

There is a difference between a vasectomy and being neutered... you don't lose any hormones when they cut the cords. Having your balls removed changes your body chemistry. You do this to animals to make them less agressive. You do not do that to people.

Good luck Squirms. My wife and I already have two future CAG's and we're hoping for another one in a few years (after CAG # 2 gets the potty training thing down). Regardless, I'll probably have the procedure done as well. Keep us informed on how everything goes. Enjoy Paper Mario as much as possible...

Man i would never do this, thoughts change in life and you might want to have another kid in the future when your older. Then again your thing, do what ya want lol

I read an article by a guy who had this procedure done. He basically dispelled all the myths about it. Bottom line, if the doctor says, "Now you might feel a little pinch", hold on to your hat because you are in a world of PAIN!

I remember one say I passed by the Discovery Health and noticed a knee surgery.

After about three minutes, I came to realize it wasn't his knee...

Just make her get the five year implant, they wont get knocked up with that and they only have to have it every five years. Unless you have another on the side.

[quote name='Indiana'][quote name='dafoomie']

There is a difference between a vasectomy and being neutered... you don't lose any hormones when they cut the cords. Having your balls removed changes your body chemistry. You do this to animals to make them less agressive. You do not do that to people.[/quote]

Exactly. You also do that to stop them from spraying walls.

...You don't spray walls...do you....? :shock:

If your wife had a C-section, she could have her tubes tied, but then there is the possibility of them becoming untied (which isn't very common). Honestly, I don't know much about the subject but I do know that vasectomies can be reversed. Good luck :lol:

[quote name='TomCloud9']Just make her get the five year implant, they wont get knocked up with that and they only have to have it every five years. Unless you have another on the side.[/quote]

my wifes got that implant and it is giving her problems. When it all comes down to it the easiest way is for the guy to get snipped

Alot of you guys are saying, "I'd never do that" and things like that, and I used to say the same thing, but things change.

I'm about to turn 32. I have two daughters now. One is about to be 9 and my youngest is almost three. When my youngest was born, my wife had complications and found out she had a heart valve problem. Do to that and the medication they put her on, she could no longer take birth control.

So, basically I had the choice to go through this simple procedure or pay a lot more (do to insurance issues) to have her put in the implant, or risk her health with having her tubes tied. Like a lot of you guys, I think condoms suck, so basically, although I said I would never do it, the choice ended up being simple.

Wow, this is a pretty big step in your life. I don't know if I'd ever go through this, but if what maccabee72 says is true, I wouldn't know.

Best of luck to you, OP.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Damn man, I highly doubt there are very many people here who've had it done. Man, I don't think I could ever get one done, though. My two soldiers will always, hopefully, be working perfectly.[/quote]

dood, i just saw your sig.. and HAHAHAHAH

I think my father did this after I was born, because he only wanted one kid.

He told me it was painless, except in a small percentage of the population, and the recovery is quick -- moreso than most surgeries.

Man, I'm happy none of you know who I am.

[quote name='grecianfox']My wife and I are having our second child in April and I'll have it done after that. I'm also curious about how people are affected by the procedure. Most of the accounts I've heard tend to suggest a quick recovery with the exception of a cousin who said it felt like being kicked in the nuts for a couple of days.[/quote]

Like he felt as if he had been kicked in the nuts, and it hurt for a couple of days, or he felt that he had been kicked in the nuts constantly for a couple of days? I'm cool with the first one, but if it was the second I don't think I could stand even a couple nut kickings let alone multiple days' worth of nut kickings.

Abstinence is where its at!

Or Dr. Jocelyn Elders suggestions... :lol:
I have other suggestions but since this is a family board I'll leave it alone.

All kidding aside, you must really be in love do this for someone. I have yet to find a woman that could move me to do this. More power to you.

Like Macabee said, your opinions on it will likely change as you get older. You can't really give advice on having one until you're at that stage in life where you've got a few kids under your belt, and you've got wisdom on your side. Having a crapload of kids when you only want a couple more than outweighs the fear of getting snipped. Not to mention the fact that your frequency of sex will likely skyrocket, since your wife won't be afraid of having more children.

Good luck with it! I'll (literally) be right there beside you, since I'm getting snipped in November. :)

bread's done
Back