I'm going on an adventure to Valve HQ

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I saw that Valve's main offices are located in Bellevue, WA and that just so happens to be the area where I work. I plan on making a visit there to take some pictures and see if I can beg for a tour or something. Anyone ever been there, heard stories about going there, etc? I'm pretty excited.

Blizzard HQ is located right next to UC Irvine (or on the actual campus, I don't remember), but they're super secretive and don't let anyone in. I'd imagine they'd get a lot of random visitors if otherwise.

That being said, see if they can give you a plush companion cube

If they are like any other company, I doubt they would set up a tour for you randomly.

Most game companies have incredibly strict policies with tours, mainly because secrets could easily be leaked.

There are quite a few video game related places around here (Seattle), only Nintendo of America seems visitor-friendly. I live two blocks from the Penny Arcade guys' office and have never seen anything PA-related... judging by the pics of their office that they've posted, I'd rather get a tour there than anywhere else.

Where is the Nintendo and PA offices? Maybe I can make a day of it. Even with random pictures outside of big buildings I will be happy. Is Valve's HQ big? Looks like a skyscraper on google maps.

great job stalker. Keep it up...............

-_-

Because of shit like this all game dev offices have multiple passcarded areas.

[quote name='Koggit']There are quite a few video game related places around here (Seattle), only Nintendo of America seems visitor-friendly. I live two blocks from the Penny Arcade guys' office and have never seen anything PA-related... judging by the pics of their office that they've posted, I'd rather get a tour there than anywhere else.[/quote]

I went to NOA's HQ just for fun one day (I live in the Seattle area) and was really disappointed. They just have a visitor's room where you can pick up and drop off RMA's. Not much there even to retail. It's a shame. I was hoping they'd have more merch--didn't expect it to be the world store, but expected SOMETHING...

Just email them ahead of time and see if they offer tours or you can get something set up. Valve rocks and is easily my favorite pc developer. I'm sure they will be accommodating if it doesn't conflict with their work and/or stuff they are trying to keep hush-hush.

I've heard good things about Valve's tours (from a friend who has a friend who went to Valve). I don't remember exactly what he said about it but I remember they give out lots of loot and take you to lots of cool parts of their building.

[quote name='Cursor']I went to NOA's HQ just for fun one day (I live in the Seattle area) and was really disappointed. They just have a visitor's room where you can pick up and drop off RMA's. Not much there even to retail. It's a shame. I was hoping they'd have more merch--didn't expect it to be the world store, but expected SOMETHING...[/quote]

Yeah Nintendo does have a Nintendo Store in there HQ, with greatly reduced prices on Nintendo game's (and third party games). The catch is you have to work for Nintendo to be able to shop at the Nintendo store.......................I think IGN had a feature about it years ago on there web site.

[quote name='PirateChaun']Yeah Nintendo does have a Nintendo Store in there HQ, with greatly reduced prices on Nintendo game's (and third party games). The catch is you have to work for Nintendo to be able to shop at the Nintendo store.......................I think IGN had a feature about it years ago on there web site.[/quote]that's the same deal with Activision, i know a guy *wink wink* who works in the offices in Santa Monica, CA. too bad you have to be an employee to shop there and get a discount :(

[quote name='humidore']I'd hate to have to show people around my work...especially if they just showed up at the door whenever.[/quote]

I'd imagine Valve would be the same.

If i wasn't so far down south, we could make a CAG field trip of it.
If you're goin' solo, all you'd have to do is find some random programmers name on the credits, get some UPS or Dominoe's Pizza attire and infiltrate like the ninja.

you had better be max fisher about those pictures of the facility. if they've got security, they'll confront you. most likely resulting in the destruction of said pictures, due to company policy blah blah blah and all that shit

bread's done
Back