I'm heading off to Iraq in a couple days

Grave_Addiction

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Well guys, I'm leaving for Iraq Tuesday morning, so my time around these fine forums will be drastically reduced for the next four months.

I'll be doing public affairs work over there and am both excited and nervous. Excited to actually do what I've been trained to do for the last five and a half years and nervous because I don't fully know what to expect. Also, I'm dreading having to leave my family and miss birthdays, all the upcoming holidays and especially watching my beloved Dallas Cowboys kick the crap outta the NFC this season.

I've decided to take my N-Gage, DS and a PSOne/LCD combo. The N-Gage mainly for music and movies, and I decided to take my scratched up DS because it won't bother me too much if it gets messed up.

I finally bought a copy of Nintendogs, so I'll at least have some companionship on those lonely nights.

I'm hoping I'll have time every now and then to post here and keep up with the gaming industry, though. But I really am going to devote myself to finally getting ripped and reading the entire Bible while I'm over there.

I just thought I'd say my goodbyes to those of you who care. I've already had a couple CAGs (Jaket and Maxflight) offer to send me some games while I'm over there. For that, I'm extremely grateful.

Thanks guys, and you stay classy CAG.

Stay safe, and I hope that everything goes OK. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully you will get ripped and you'll like The Bible. Also, hopefully the Cowboys will do well this season. They might, because I never expected them to win last week. Well, best wishes. :)

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']
Thanks guys, and you stay classy CAG.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for stopping by... :)

Good luck man!

Thanks for the Kingdom Hearts GBA and RE2 for Game.com you gave me a deal on long ago. Hope the return is sooner than later.

Good luck over there. Sorry to hear that you were not sent to either of the other places you had mentioned they might send you.

Be safe as well.

I hope you make a difference over there... the tension still so high, and trust is low. Everybody seems to hate us... Thanks for having/showing the strength to try and do something about it.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Good luck over there. Sorry to hear that you were not sent to either of the other places you had mentioned they might send you.

Be safe as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the well wishes, fellas.

Well, I'll be getting back from Iraq in Jan. and have to go through a lot of school stuff so I can pin on Staff Sergeant, then I'll be heading off to Guam in May.

I'm just thankful that they have broadband over there. With this next gen of gaming, I have to be connected.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']

And miss birthdays, all the upcoming holidays and especially watching my beloved Dallas Cowboys kick the crap outta the NFC this season.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

keep the DS in a breast pocket, I have seen enough movies that anything u hold value to and keep it on your person will protect you if something happens

Good luck over there, hope everything goes well and you come back ripped up and bullet free!

Maybe Cheapy will send you a 360 since he's uncle money bags now over in Tokyo. :D

[quote name='Drtyazn']I hope you make a difference over there... the tension still so high, and trust is low. Everybody seems to hate us... Thanks for having/showing the strength to try and do something about it.[/QUOTE]

The tension is high everywhere in this world. And i dont think they hate us as much as they hate theirself. I mean last time i checked, we all are the same in the spirit and in the flesh, but the sad thing, we all are separated.

Shouldnt worry too much, better days are coming. :)

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']keep the DS in a breast pocket, I have seen enough movies that anything u hold value to and keep it on your person will protect you if something happens[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I think it's too big for a breast pocket though.

[quote name='U2K Tha Greate$t']:applause: I love comments like that.

Anyway, i have a few questions if you dont mind me asking.

Iraq is a big place, do you mind telling me where actually in iraq do you plan on staying at?

And what is getting Ripped about?

And last, do you mind giving more details on public affairs work?

And i hope you have a safe time over there, just be watchful for the Devil Tricks if you understand what i'm saying.[/QUOTE]

I'll be at one of the camps in Baghdad.

Public affairs is pretty much the military's communicators to the general public. We control all official information that comes out from the military to the public.

There are three main areas within public affairs - internal information, media relations and community relations.

In internal information, we do journalism. We write, take photos and layout entire newspapers ourselves.

In media relations, we work with the media to get them interviews and sources so they can write their stories. We also write news releases for the media to use in their stories.

In community relations, we mainly work with different squadrons on base to give tours and execute other community events to better military/community relations.

And the whole getting ripped part is just something I've been wanting to do for awhile. I've taken up weightlifting the last four months or so, but I haven't been able to fully give it the attention that I need. I'm hoping that I can while I'm deployed and can come back in excellent shape.

[quote name='U2K Tha Greate$t']The tension is high everywhere in this world. And i dont think they hate us as much as they hate theirself. I mean last time i checked, we all are the same in the spirit and in the flesh, but the sad thing, we all are separated.

Shouldnt worry too much, better days are coming. :)[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope so, seems like we're over due for a break in the drama

Get shredded! Will you be in the Green Zone? Please be careful. If there's anything we can do just start a thread and let us know. I'm sure there are several people here who would be willing to help out, myself included.

[quote name='Drtyazn']I certainly hope so, seems like we're over due for a break in the drama[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's quite what he meant by his statement. But we definitely need something to end all these wars, and I can't wait for the day when they stop.

[quote name='neocisco']Get shredded! Will you be in the Green Zone? Please be careful. If there's anything we can do just start a thread and let us know. I'm sure there are several people here who would be willing to help out, myself included.[/QUOTE]

No, I won't be in the Green Zone, but close to it. I really appreciate your kindness, bro. I really do.

What I'm very thankful for is the overall respect given to our servicemembers nowadays. We could be entering what some people call another "Vietnam," but America's respect for their military has not been lost like it was then. For that, I'm extremely grateful.

It's not our choice to pick our wars, but we have volunteered to protect our country to the best of our ability. We must follow the orders of those appointed over us, whether we agree with them or not.

[quote name='2poor']arent you the inventor of that one handed control stick?[/QUOTE]

Hah hah, yes, among other things. I usually do my best thinking in a drunken stupor.

Once while really drunk, I thought up one of my best inventions. An inflatable car cover that will protect your car in inclement weather.

Just think about it; if there's hail coming your way, just throw on the inflatable car cover, hook it up to the air compressor, and BAM!, instant protection!

What could be better than that? Well, some dumbass already patented it a few months before I could try to get mine in. His wasn't exactly like mine, though. So I'm hoping to possibly change it up to get mine patented anyway.

Also, since you're in the media relations thing, try to work game-related phrases, if not "Cheap Ass Gamer" into press releases and whatnot. You could always use "pwned" as a last resort and claim a typo.

Good luck again.

[quote name='Stoneage']Also, since you're in the media relations thing, try to work game-related phrases, if not "Cheap Ass Gamer" into press releases and whatnot. You could always use "pwned" as a last resort and claim a typo.

Good luck again.[/QUOTE]

Actually, one article I plan on writing is on servicemembers who play games while deployed. I plan to show the benefits of gaming as a stress reliever. I think it will be a pretty neat story.

good luck. and hope you dont come back having to use that one handed controller you invented.

You dont plan to be in one of those hot zones do you ?

Just be careful alright. I mean, i dont support wars, and i dont support world leaders and governements, but hey i am concern about whoever is over there, whatever it be people from this or their land in iraq.

Peace.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']lets hope this dosn't happen to you!

[/QUOTE]

if that does happen 9mm round down the barrel of the tank and hopefully back fine. good luck over there.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']And the whole getting ripped part is just something I've been wanting to do for awhile. I've taken up weightlifting the last four months or so, but I haven't been able to fully give it the attention that I need. I'm hoping that I can while I'm deployed and can come back in excellent shape.[/QUOTE]

I've got a friend (AF) who's gone back and forth to Uzbekistan / Afghanistan for the last few years. (average of 8 months a year over there). Every time he leaves he claims he's going to come back ripped, and every time he ends up playing video games and eating junk food the whole time.

Good luck with that. :lol:

Good luck and take care. My friend is over there right now, he got to come back for like 2 weeks but had to leave 3 days before my sons first birthday :whistle2:(. I was just real glad to see him, hes in the Marines and a big gamer like me(although he doesnt play as much over there).

Hey Grave... about that night... I forgot to tell you... I.. uh... have AIDS.

Sorry, had to think of something clever to say. Good luck Wivil, and godspeed.

bread's done
Back