I'm honestly thinking of selling most of my video game collection.

Right after I graduated from high school and joined the military I stopped playing for a year or so. It is like smoking just takes one reoccurance and you are back to two packs a day in no time

I don't know you, but I give it 8-12 months. Gaming is going to get you back, in one capacity or another. It can be moderated, de-prioritized, if you will, believe it or not.

[quote name='Demolition Man']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131040

Why didn't you just post this on the thread you started yesterday?[/QUOTE]
It was just THAT important.

I think you are taking this too seriously personally, but then again, it sounds like you took gaming pretty seriously too with mention of your collection. From what you've said earlier, it sounds like you were more of a collector anyways. You should learn to appreciate games for what they are, not their monetary worth/collectability. Have fun in the real world. :D

Your topics come off as so condescending.

It's like you feel that gaming is "holding you back" or that you're "growing up" and getting away from games.

Games are becoming more and more mainstream. Adults play them. College students plays them. Teenagers play them. Kids play them.

I don't think it's a matter of you giving up gaming or not that bothers me. It's the fact that you're being such a douche about it. Intentionally or not, you're belittling gamers and portraying those people as anti-socials who are pissing their lives away.

[quote name='jollydwarf']I don't know you, but I give it 8-12 months. Gaming is going to get you back, in one capacity or another. It can be moderated, de-prioritized, if you will, believe it or not.[/quote]

This title should probably read "I'm quitting hardcore gaming". As I said, I'll probably still be playing Wii and DS games a lot. I just can't go through 60+ hour RPGs anymore, and I don't have the tolerance to go back and beat the "classics" just because I missed them.

*sigh*

What else am I to do at work but post about video games? Now that I'm cutting down, I'll have so much less to do on the internet. Getting only 1-2 quick-fix tech calls a day is pretty boring, considering I work 3 hours after school.

So sorry if my posts come off as "epic" or something. I don't mean to sound like this is a huge part of my life. Well, I guess it was my main hobby, so it was a big part.

I just have lots of time on my hands during work, which is over in 15 minutes.

good luck to yah, man! have fun in college too.

i don't play video games nearly as much as i did before college, but i still hang around CAG for the occasional steal.

cheers

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Picked a hell of a day to quit gaming...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Eh?[/QUOTE]

airplanetwo107.jpg

I sold about 90% of my shit and I couldn't be happier.

Paid off my credit card debt, my cell phone bill, and the rest is going into the bank to finance my move out of state. I think I've made at least $4,000 + selling all my games, and I'm not even done yet.

I barely have enough time for the current gen stuff, there is no way I was ever going to tackle some of the games (I saw Tactics Ogre mentioned) I had collected - I had to clean the dust off a lot of this stuff.

I think I miss maybe 5 games out of 800 that I sold. Every day I find more and more shit I can live without and I just sell it.

Because really, who is that big collection impressing? Just a bunch of random internet people? And most people will never have time for the 1,000 + games in their collection, because most games are multi hour extravanganza's. It's different with other hobbies, like let's say stamps, because it dosen't take 10 - 40 hours to look at a stamp.

I'm liking gaming a lot more now that I'm buying to play and not to "collect", and that I'm buying a game for fun rather than "omg low print run gotta buy it even the game itself is mediocre garbage!".

But just wait until the money starts rolling in, because having the $$$ sure beats a bunch of games collecting dust on a shelf.

FYI - moving 1,000 + games is a HUGE pain in the ass too.

Real men handle college, a girlfriend, and a close group of friends :cool:

But then lose said girlfriend due to certain priorities :lol:

[quote name='xghostsniperx']*sigh*

What else am I to do at work but post about video games? Now that I'm cutting down MYSELF, I'll have so much less to do on the internet. Getting only 1-2 quick-fix tech calls a day is pretty boring, considering I work 3 hours after school.

So sorry if my posts come off as "epic" or something. I don't mean to sound like this is a huge part of my life. Well, I guess it was my main hobby, so it was a big part.

I just have lots of time on my hands during work, which is over in 15 minutes.[/quote]

Fixed

I don't play games for months at a time when I am busy because there is other shit i've got to do. Just because you are busy and have other shit that is more important doesn't mean you aren't a gamer anymore.

Way to be emo about it kid...

[quote name='alongx']As long as it means that I won't see you here anymore, I think that's great.[/QUOTE]

Guys, we are losing a treasured asset to our CAG community. Someone needs to bump the other thread he started about this just to raise awareness.

Long story short have a friend goes to community college. We quite playing games from Summer time of 06 tell around winter of 07. He got all A's in his classes, got a GF, worked out all the time, lost 10 pounds...

Started playing games again went crazzy bought a PS 3 and a WII on the same day. Then a week later bought a PSP and a WII. He started playing FF-11 again on his PC. Then a month later sold his PSP, WII, DS. Only has the PS 3 and he rarely plays it.

[quote name='packerfan10']Long story short have a friend goes to community college. We quite playing games from Summer time of 06 tell around winter of 07. He got all A's in his classes, got a GF, worked out all the time, lost 10 pounds...

Started playing games again went crazzy bought a PS 3 and a WII on the same day. Then a week later bought a PSP and a WII. He started playing FF-11 again on his PC. Then a month later sold his PSP, WII, DS. Only has the PS 3 and he rarely plays it.[/QUOTE]

Quite a riveting story. You'd make a fine bard.

[quote name='packerfan10']Long story short have a friend goes to community college. We quite playing games from Summer time of 06 tell around winter of 07. He got all A's in his classes, got a GF, worked out all the time, lost 10 pounds...

Started playing games again went crazzy bought a PS 3 and a WII on the same day. Then a week later bought a PSP and a WII. He started playing FF-11 again on his PC. Then a month later sold his PSP, WII, DS. Only has the PS 3 and he rarely plays it.[/quote]

ROFL, He bought 2 Wiis? This story sucks. Matter of fact, you suck. Packers fans can kiss my Bear fan ass.

Worst post ever.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']ROFL, He bought 2 Wiis? This story sucks. Matter of fact, you suck. Packers fans can kiss my Bear fan ass.

Worst post ever.[/QUOTE]

This was actually funny. I applaud you instead of whoever the noname that told the story was.

Its alright, this thread is a waste, the OP started the same fucking one yesterday talking about THINKING ABOUT quitting gaming. It was pointless to have this thread when the other thread was just fine. This thread should have been closed as soon as a mod saw it.

I'm just curious - what's the point?

You say you're all about spending your time on other things like tennis and such, but why do you have to give up gaming cold turkey? You can have your girlfriend, play tennis, and still play games for a few hours a week. We won't tell.
You make it sound like playing games is a bad/unhealthy thing. Of course TOO MUCH of ANYTHING is bad for you, but games are fun and no one should be ashamed of having fun.

If your real issue is with COLLECTING games, just stop buying so much! Cut yourself off RIGHT NOW and play what you HAVE. I had the same problem over the last few years - I just kept buying and buying games and only playing through a handful of them. I've finally stopped myself from impulsively buying games and I've actually finished quite a few games and even sold off some stuff that was taking up space.

So live your life the way you want, but don't feel like you have to "give up" something that is just plain fun to make yourself a "better person".

What a loser, What ever man.

Your going to be trying to study for some class in the student union then your going to see the tekken machince they have there and your going to play it. Don't lie.

If this really is the end of gamming for you then kill you account here, you know what the G in CAG means right ?

I too also gave up on gaming this past year. I got pretty bored of it. Honestly the downfall for me was Gears of War. After I beat it under 5 hours, and deciding after hearing from everyone that this game was the best gaming had to offer, that gaming hit it's apex and it just wasn't fun like it once was.

Maybe in a few years it will come around again, but the endless sequels and the quick 60 dollar gun and done games have done me in. Perhaps in a year or so when the price of video games comes back to the consumer ill be giving gaming another look myself, but honestly the outside world and playing basketball, hitting the gym, raising my stats on a daily basis (haha!) holds more fun to me.

I'll probably be done with gaming within the next 10 years. I've got a 5 year backlog and the future is clearly related to online gaming or high def gaming, and I have no desire to participate in either.

Eh, whatever. I didn't play many games from about the Genesis til the DS (except some shit on PC) and I read a lot and now I've started gaming more than ever. So much to do, so little time. Do whatever you want.

I love how everyone hates this thread yet continues to fucking post in it...saying how much they hate this thread.

emetouQ

bread's done
Back