Im sticking with NBA2k7 over 2k8. Are you?

msuna

CAGiversary!
After reading the horrible reviews on 2k8, I will be sticking with NBA2k7. Anyone with me? Anyone buy the new game and can say otherwise, that it really is improved?

no..

even though the reviews are lower than we expected.. its still a newer game. i was impressed with the dunk contest as well.

I will be happy with a slightly improved 2k7..

im not going to pay full price however.. grab it at the tru sale or keep it from gf.

they better not drop the ball next year

[quote name='guyver2077']no..

even though the reviews are lower than we expected.. its still a newer game. i was impressed with the dunk contest as well.

I will be happy with a slightly improved 2k7..

im not going to pay full price however.. grab it at the tru sale or keep it from gf.

they better not drop the ball next year[/quote]

Keep it from GF????

I picked up 2k8 on release (yesterday) and it improves on 2k7 in just about every area (I played the hell outta 2k7, also). I was scared because I thought the demo sucked, but I turned the speed up and changed the camera angle to what I used in 2k7 and it's fine. The reviews I've seen sofar are really off on this one (don't know why 2k sportsgames get such a bad rap...maybe they're not "paying the bills" like ea does?). :)

Anyways, I also got Nba Live 08 early last thursday and sold it on saturday, if that helps anyone.

[quote name='toper']I picked up 2k8 on release (yesterday) and it improves on 2k7 in just about every area (I played the hell outta 2k7, also). I was scared because I thought the demo sucked, but I turned the speed up and changed the camera angle to what I used in 2k7 and it's fine.

I also got Nba Live 08 early last thursday and sold it on saturday, if that helps.[/quote]

nice...im in

I rented it yesterday with a free rental coupon. I HATE the fact that you can't throw long inbound passes to start fast breaks! Your guy will be wide open around halfcourt and the inbounds guy is uncovered and the ball goes sailing almost every single time! I usually play with the Suns and just run and gun on O and D but you can't this year. I know it's not me because I see the same problems with my opponents online so far. It seems they just toned down the pace and long passing since NBA teams don't play the 40 minutes of hell style. It better not be this way in College Hoops 2K8..... When I take this back i'm gonna rent Live 08 with my last free rental coupon for October. Didn't even try it last year but 2k8 has me thinking of going back to my roots.

I completely forgot about it, but this topic reminded me. I've bought NBA 2K each year since it came out, sometimes even more than once (multiple consoles). I don't see why this year should be any different.

[quote name='$hady']I rented it yesterday with a free rental coupon. I HATE the fact that you can't throw long inbound passes to start fast breaks! Your guy will be wide open around halfcourt and the inbounds guy is uncovered and the ball goes sailing almost every single time! I usually play with the Suns and just run and gun on O and D but you can't this year. I know it's not me because I see the same problems with my opponents online so far. It seems they just toned down the pace and long passing since NBA teams don't play the 40 minutes of hell style. It better not be this way in College Hoops 2K8..... When I take this back i'm gonna rent Live 08 with my last free rental coupon for October. Didn't even try it last year but 2k8 has me thinking of going back to my roots.[/QUOTE]

No offense, but inbound passes to halfcourt after a score isn't realistic. :)

[quote name='toper']No offense, but inbound passes to halfcourt after a score isn't realistic. :)[/quote]

Which is why they have taken it away I guess. Every 2K on the 360 you could hit your man in stride running near or at halfcourt to start the break. Now even long outlet passes fly away. I just love playing run and gun and then luring your opponent into doing the same so your full court defense can eat them up. :D

Try playing as the Warriors if that is your style. I just played with them and I was able to get fast breaks at a good ratio.

Hmm paying $8 used for NBA2k7 or paying $60 new for 2k8.

I didn't notice enough differences to justify spending $52 more. I grabbed 2k7 off fleabay last week.

I picked up 2k8 yesterday morning, I didn't really play a full game, but I played until halftime.

The dunk contest is whack, so if that's a reason for you getting it imo it sucks.

I like association better this year, feels cleaner to me.

I like the fact that they added in some more stats categories, mainly hustle and vertical.

I don't agree with many of the player ratings at all, and I will be going in and changing many.

It's a lot harder to score and get inside, but that's a plus since it's more realistic.

Overall, I'd say for a true 2k basketball fan it's easily worth it. If you're just a casual player, wait for a drop.

Yes.

Mostly because I NEVER EVER buy sports games in 2 consecutive years. I try to buy sports games every other year or once in three years. I got NBA 2K7 with my Xbox 360, so I will skip out on NBA 2K8.

I played it and was a big 2K7 fan. I was really disappointed. It just plays so much slower. It is harder to score but thats not really my problem with it. I just think the game as a whole is not as good as 2K7. The graphics are meh, the animations need work. It felt like when ever I was trying to make a small move like step backwards it went through a big animation that was not needed. Anyway, definitely rent it. If you are buying it solely based on being a 2K fan u might be disappointed.

i think 2k8 is a great improvement in all aspects over 2k7...player models look better....less cheesing can be done (aka dunkfest and getting into the lane too easily) and stuff like that...plus the animations are AWESOME...it's like i'm watching a real game

if you liked 2k7 b/c you like to play sim basketball, you'll like 2k8...if you liked 2k7 for just the dunks and stuff...you might be disappointed b/c it is slower paced and it's a game geared more towards serious basketball game sim fans

I wish they had some basic dunks in the game. I've done a windmill in traffic before. Anyways, greak 2K basketball game as always. It is slower-paced, but it feels more realistic that way. I still don't have isomotion down, well, at least the advanced techniques.

man i popped in this nba 2k8 and i thought i was playing live 07 why do the players now look toothpick skinny, sure the game runs smooth and looks nice but whats up with the shooting, no leaners,everything is a set shot which takes like 3 secs to get into, wat up with the isomotion and the crossovers every 2 secs. Sure im glad they make you do more layups, and less dunking with more contact but not by sacrficing the basics. Im gunna stick with 2k7 as well.

bread's done
Back