Impeach Obama. Wat?

[quote name='JolietJake']To steal a line from Billy Joel, he didn't start the fire.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but his gasoline isn't putting it out, either.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Yeah, but his gasoline isn't putting it out, either.[/QUOTE]
Maybe he's trying to put it out with an explosion? :lol:

Seriously though, when has someone inherited a war and then stopped it?

[quote name='JolietJake']Maybe he's trying to put it out with an explosion? :lol:

Seriously though, when has someone inherited a war and then stopped it?[/QUOTE]

Eisenhower

[quote name='JolietJake']Maybe he's trying to put it out with an explosion? :lol:

Seriously though, when has someone inherited a war and then stopped it?[/QUOTE]

Do you want me to bring up Truman or Nixon?

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']http://www.thiscantbehappening.net/?q=node/504

Oddly enough, it is from the same guy who wanted Bush impeached.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't because you posted in a Jamie Foxx is gay thread that you are a racist. It's your accumulated posts that show you to be a bigot, a racist, and a throwback to the civil war era mentality towards everyone else not you.

You are a racist.

[quote name='WrexManor']It wasn't because you posted in a Jamie Foxx is gay thread that you are a racist. It's your accumulated posts that show you to be a bigot, a racist, and a throwback to the civil war era mentality towards everyone else not you.

You are a racist.[/QUOTE]

Looks towards left field.

Hmm, I didn't see that coming.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Do you want me to bring up Truman or Nixon?[/QUOTE]
I don't know much about Truman, but what do you mean about Nixon? If it's Vietnam you're referring to, it didn't end until after he stepped down.

edit- Truman didn't end WW2 immediately upon becoming president. That's what i'm getting at here, that it was expected that Obama would end these wars the day after being elected. Besides that, Truman won the war in a way that isn't acceptable today. I'm disappointed Obama hasn't put an end to the wars, but i'm not all that surprised.

[quote name='JolietJake']I don't know much about Truman, but what do you mean about Nixon? If it's Vietnam you're referring to, it didn't end until after he stepped down.[/QUOTE]

The most immediate task facing President Nixon was a resolution of the Vietnam War. He initially escalated the conflict, overseeing incursions into neighboring countries, though American military personnel were gradually withdrawn and he successfully negotiated a ceasefire with North Vietnam in 1973, effectively ending American involvement in the war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Nixon

BZZT!

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']1. I had the same thought.

2. Perhaps Obama is being consistently Bush, too.[/QUOTE]

I advocate the impeachment of both of them as well. Only some of the reasons apply to both, but they both spend like drunken sailors and they both don't mind growing government.

[quote name='IRHari']Based on your posts I find it hard to believe you were advocating for Bush's impeachment, at like, any point.[/QUOTE]

Because a lying sack of shit will find any rationalization to stink.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Eisenhower[/QUOTE]

Good point. He also enlarged Social Security and created the interstate system so I figured conservatives considered those dark years.

As for Nixon, he served from 69 to 73 and we didn't pull out of Vietnam until 75....

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']OK. We're all agreed that some wars start by some presidents were ended by other presidents.

Now ... How about impeaching that there Obama?[/QUOTE]

Do it. Do it. Do it.

When he got elected I told people to give him a chance, maybe he will bring some of his ideas to fruition. Nope, he is going the wrong way on every single area.
He waited months to give a surge of troops to afghanistan, he visits the country in the dead of night for four hours like he is scared of the damn country.
He screwed up health care.
He is about to screw up immigration (if he is thinking about giving amnesty without securing the borders).
He has increased the deficit by trillions, and says don't worry it'll go down! (when has that ever happened?)

Regardless of what you say Bush left him, he is still screwing different things up, and doing the same thing that Bush did in other areas.

[quote name='Knoell']
wharrgarbl.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Yep.

[quote name='Knoell']Do it. Do it. Do it.

When he got elected I told people to give him a chance, maybe he will bring some of his ideas to fruition. Nope, he is going the wrong way on every single area.
He waited months to give a surge of troops to afghanistan, he visits the country in the dead of night for four hours like he is scared of the damn country.
He is about to screw up immigration (if he is thinking about giving amnesty without securing the borders).
He has increased the deficit by trillions, and says don't worry it'll go down! (when has that ever happened?)

Regardless of what you say Bush left him, he is still screwing different things up, and doing the same thing that Bush did in other areas.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure why you would have thought he'd be different, he's been pretty consistent with the bill of good he sold in the campaign, but especially consistent with his previous (short) political career.

Let's assume this is all true. Bush did all this and worse. But you never advocated for Bush to be impeached, did you?

[quote name='thrustbucket']I am not sure why you would have thought he'd be different, he's been pretty consistent with the bill of good he sold in the campaign, but especially consistent with his previous (short) political career.[/QUOTE]

I really didn't think he would be different. I thought that the people elected him, the least we could do is give him a chance to do some good, I was wrong.

[quote name='Knoell']as usual, strell has nothing to add.[/QUOTE]

I know. I'm doing my Knoell impression. And I am fuckin' kicking ass at it.

[quote name='IRHari']Let's assume this is all true. Bush did all this and worse. But you never advocated for Bush to be impeached, did you?[/QUOTE]

First of all lol I'm not serious about impeaching obama, as much as he is screwing things up, he is not doing anything worth impeaching. Secondly he will be voted out before he knows it in 2012 so as long as the people stay vocal about their dislike for his agenda he will be gone before we know it.

[quote name='Knoell']First of all lol I'm not serious about impeaching obama as much as he is screwing things up, he is not doing anything worth impeaching. [/QUOTE]

Whoa! You got a permit for all that backpedaling?

[quote name='Strell']Whoa! You got a permit for all that backpedaling?[/QUOTE]

How exactly am I backpedaling? I thought "Do it, Do it, Do it" set the joking mood, but I should have made it more simple for you.

I think Knoell should be worried that almost everyone who read his post took him seriously. It's not stupidity on the reader's part, its, well to be honest, its the batshit on his part.

[quote name='IRHari']I think Knoell should be worried that almost everyone who read his post took him seriously. It's not stupidity on the reader's part, its, well to be honest, its the batshit on his part.[/QUOTE]

So fatherofcaitlyn must have been serious when he said it as well huh?

I've been participating in these forums for like, at least 6 months. We know his posts are full of sarcasm and a lot of diarrhea.

[quote name='IRHari']I've been participating in these forums for like, at least 6 months. We know his posts are full of sarcasm and a lot of diarrhea.[/QUOTE]

Pardon? When I craft my posts, I NEVAR use loose stool.

[quote name='Knoell']Do it. Do it. Do it.

Regardless of what you say Bush left him, he is still screwing different things up, and doing the same thing that Bush did in other areas.[/QUOTE]

So now unkept promises are grounds for impeachment? Sounds like you didn't want to give him a chance at all....

While I wouldn't necessarily go for impeachment (heck, he still has a couple of years to go - he could do all kinds of things in that time) I do think there should be some recourse for voters who voted for a candidate that crapped all over their campaign promises. Truth in advertising and all that jazz.

I was thinking a legal option. Waiting to vote someone out doesn't help too much - there needs to be a penalty that would help deter individuals from making campaign promises that they have no intentions of keeping. Now, I'm not talking about something like closing GitMo in a year. I honestly believe Obama thought that was attainable (I won't pretend to claim I knew he was crazy or something, even though I really, really didn't see it happening). I'm talking about a candidate that makes a promise, then makes no attempts to fulfill that promise.

[quote name='nddave']He hasnt made/did an impeachable offense. Therefore makes this Whole thread/topic null and void.[/QUOTE]

I agree. He has upset alot of people though, and I am beginning to think he won't get reelected unless the economy recovers faster than projected.

bread's done
Back