Impeach Obama. Wat?

[quote name='nddave']He hasnt made/did an impeachable offense. Therefore makes this Whole thread/topic null and void.[/QUOTE]

If you're arguing Bush never committed an impeachable offense, you're correct that Obama can't be impeached since he hasn't done much of anything outside of Bush's shadow.

If you're arguing Bush committed an impeachable offense, you're incorrect since Obama is mostly continuing the offenses Bush started.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']If you're arguing Bush committed an impeachable offense, you're incorrect since Obama is mostly continuing the offenses Bush started.[/QUOTE]

IMO, it's a lot worse now, because there aren't Democrats who are willing to call out the leader of their party. At least when Bush was doing it Democrats were complaining while Republicans condoned it.

[quote name='UncleBob']I was thinking a legal option. Waiting to vote someone out doesn't help too much - there needs to be a penalty that would help deter individuals from making campaign promises that they have no intentions of keeping. Now, I'm not talking about something like closing GitMo in a year. I honestly believe Obama thought that was attainable (I won't pretend to claim I knew he was crazy or something, even though I really, really didn't see it happening). I'm talking about a candidate that makes a promise, then makes no attempts to fulfill that promise.[/QUOTE]

You can't ever hold any promises that any candidate makes. I don't say that because they're all dishonest. I say that because most candidates really have no idea what they're going to face once everything is on the table.

Know what happens when you threaten candidates with legal action if they don't keep their promises? No more promises. I was going to promise lower taxes but there's a .1% chance of a recession in my fourth year and I'd hate to get impeached over some bullshit so I'll keep my mouth shut and just tell you I'll do a great job.

[quote name='depascal22']Know what happens when you threaten candidates with legal action if they don't keep their promises? No more promises. I was going to promise lower taxes but there's a .1% chance of a recession in my fourth year and I'd hate to get impeached over some bullshit so I'll keep my mouth shut and just tell you I'll do a great job.[/QUOTE]

That is an interesting idea. Instead of vast promises of idealistic goals that have no grounding in reality (because, as you said, the candidate has no idea what they're going to face), they'll instead have to run on their experience, their record and their own personal convictions.

The American public doesn't want that though.

We love grandstanding. We love that preachy style of hell and brimfire that has no basis in reality.

As for the other things, I'd say they're damn worthless. Bush had experience as the governor of one of the largest states in the Union and he still damn near ran this country into the ground. Obama was a first term senator and he might end up as vilified as Bush.

What's the point? Both guys with vastly different personal convictions, political records, and personal histories (Bush being a coke head party boy and Obama being the head of juidical review at Harvard) might end up with the same result.

In the end, we should just admit that we pick someone from our preferred party regardless of what they've done in the past or what they will do in the future.

[quote name='depascal22']The American public doesn't want that though.

We love grandstanding. We love that preachy style of hell and brimfire that has no basis in reality.

As for the other things, I'd say they're damn worthless. Bush had experience as the governor of one of the largest states in the Union and he still damn near ran this country into the ground. Obama was a first term senator and he might end up as vilified as Bush.

What's the point? Both guys with vastly different personal convictions, political records, and personal histories (Bush being a coke head party boy and Obama being the head of juidical review at Harvard) might end up with the same result.

In the end, we should just admit that we pick someone from our preferred party regardless of what they've done in the past or what they will do in the future.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I pretty much agree with this. :(
We should just turn the presidential election over to an American Idol-style competition. :(

[quote name='UncleBob']Sadly, I pretty much agree with this. :(
We should just turn the presidential election over to an American Idol-style competition. :([/QUOTE]

Kelly Clarkson for Prez? Sorry Uncle Bob, but the train stops here! ;)

More people would vote in that kind of election so I don't see how crazy that is. This is a country that prefers wrestling and all other fake kinds of reality over true reality.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']If you're arguing Bush never committed an impeachable offense, you're correct that Obama can't be impeached since he hasn't done much of anything outside of Bush's shadow.

If you're arguing Bush committed an impeachable offense, you're incorrect since Obama is mostly continuing the offenses Bush started.[/QUOTE]

Theres NO ARGUEMENT there is no impeachable offense . Nobody said anything about Bush (thank God)

bread's done
Back