Import DS Lite?

blueshinra

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I'm in the market for a DS Lite, but I want to get a Japanese one, as the colors they have are much cooler :D

Specifically, I have my eye on an Ice Blue one, though the limited edition Pikachu one is damned sweet as well. However, the prices on eBay for the latter would have me scared to actually use the thing should I get one, so Ice Blue is my first choice.

Any good deals out there for an Ice Blue Japanese DS Lite (or even a Pikachu DS Lite)? Play-Asia has it for $179.90 (not including any coupons), so I'm thinking of getting it there, but if there's any better deals I don't know about, I'd love to heard them! Bonus points if it's at a store in the NYC area.

Also, for anyone who owns a Japanese DS: is it possible to register it with Nintendo?

Thanks in advance!

[quote name='blueshinra']Also, for anyone who owns a Japanese DS: is it possible to register it with Nintendo?[/quote]Not unless they've changed things within the past year.

My candypink DSphat and my bro's iceblue DSlite both came without the UPC-type codes we're used to in the States, and that's what is used to register your DS on the American mynintendo.com site.

Just be aware when you import a handheld, you may wind up with dead/stuck pixels and not many online retailers make it easy (or even accept) returns/exchanges for one or two stuck pixels.

For what it's worth. The ice blue is gorgeous. The pikachu ds comes in an adorable box, but the bright yellow is something you'd have to be ready to live with.

[quote name='guinaevere']Just be aware when you import a handheld, you may wind up with dead/stuck pixels and not many online retailers make it easy (or even accept) returns/exchanges for one or two stuck pixels.

For what it's worth. The ice blue is gorgeous. The pikachu ds comes in an adorable box, but the bright yellow is something you'd have to be ready to live with.[/QUOTE]
Good advice; I'll keep that well in mind.

And the yellow is the main reason why I like that DS!

I got my self the emarld navy blue one when I was visiting Hong Kong during May. I believe I paid around $150 us dollars for it. I love it.

Mine has a little code on it (like 7 characters) where the upc code is suppose to be. I want to register it, but I don't think Nintendo of America will accept it.

I just wanted to add that the imported DS will be in the local countries language, but it is easy to change the default language to english.

I ended up getting the Ice Blue DS at the Nintendo World Store. With extra expenses (taxes, shipping) factored in, it came to about the same amount it would've cost had I gone the Play-Asia (w/a coupon) route, plus they have a decent return policy should something go wrong. Fortunately, it seems like everything is in working order, so no worries :)

bread's done
Back