Impulse Weekend Sale! PC Games starting at $3.99!

Obiwan-Shenobi

CAGiversary!
Stardock is having their first weekend sale for Impulse, and there are games starting at $3.99.

Here is the full list, and you can find more info at the linked item.

Corrected link.

* Project Aftermath - $9.99
* Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate - $3.99
* Political Machine 2008 - $3.99
* Space Rangers 2 Complete - $3.99
* Supreme Commander - $9.99
* Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords - $9.99
* MyColors: Winter Wonderland - $9.99
* World of Goo - $19.95

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this! I'm a fan of Stardock and nabbed the Space Rangers 2 Complete for 4 bucks. If you enjoyed the Star Control series, you should check it out -- aside from the terrible Toy Story name.

Supreme Commander is on GameTap, but may not be indefinitely. Even if you already have it or get it with this sale you can play the GameTap one multiplayer.

I have been looking for a good deal on Space Rangers for a while and sub five dollars is alright by me.

Stardock is pretty outspoken against draconian DRM measures so I doubt there is much to worry about there.

[quote name='ddrpower']World of goo is 4 cents cheaper than Steam. While it's an interesting game, don't impulse on 4 cents.[/quote]

Agree that it's not a deal, but throw in another 1 cent (on top of Steam price) and you can get World of Goo DRM-free direct from 2D Boy:

http://2dboy.com/games.php

[quote name='eastx']Does anyone know what Impulse's DRM scheme is like?[/quote]
Once you install a game from Impulse you don't need to ever run Impulse again to play your game. No need to be connected to the Internet either.

Also, you can install Impulse on any machine you like, and download the game again. As many times as you want. On any PC you want.

And you can use Impulse to archive the game on CDs (or DVDs).

In other words, it's about as unrestricted as you can get short of getting a game on CD/DVD that has no DRM whatsoever.

-HM

Hmmm, too bad SupCom Forged Alliance isn't on sale.

SupCom is a fantastic RTS, btw. Steal at $10.

Also a great price for GalCiv 2.

[quote name='eastx']Does anyone know what Impulse's DRM scheme is like?[/QUOTE]

I don't think there is any DRM. I think it's just a distribution service.

If it had DRM I would be very surprised.

Personally, I own Space Rangers 2 and have left it uninstalled due to having Starforce.

This gives me a great opportunity to get the game again without infecting my computer with the DRM-equivalent of venereal disease.

[quote name='Hollow Man']Once you install a game from Impulse you don't need to ever run Impulse again to play your game. No need to be connected to the Internet either.

Also, you can install Impulse on any machine you like, and download the game again. As many times as you want. On any PC you want.

And you can use Impulse to archive the game on CDs (or DVDs).

In other words, it's about as unrestricted as you can get short of getting a game on CD/DVD that has no DRM whatsoever.

-HM[/quote]

Yea Stardock prides themselves for no DRM crap.

I just got my email and I'm thinking of getting Space Rangers 2 Complete and Galactic Civ II: Dread Lords, heard good things plus price, but does anybody know how big these are? I have a bandwidth limit and I wish I didn't as I'm close to exceeding it.:bomb:

[quote name='Spybreak8']...but does anybody know how big these are? I have a bandwidth limit and I wish I didn't as I'm close to exceeding it.:bomb:[/quote]
GalCiv2, minus the Dark Avatar and Arnor expansions, currently sits on my drive at 1.35 GB. Impulse states it's 1.4 GB.

-HM

Thanks, picked up Space Rangers 2. I already had most of the other things on this list, but I highly recommend GalCiv2 to anyone who is a fan of Masters of Orion 1/2

Bought Space Rangers 2. Signed up for Impluse just to get it. I had this game years ago but don't know where it is anymore. Nice to have it just a download away, now.

bread's done
Back