Impulse weekend sale PC

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']
For the thousandth time:
Name a game that is unplayable, due to not being able to be activated online.[/QUOTE]
This isn't what you are asking for, but thought it may be fun to point out anyways.

At one point, a severe storm knocked out power to Steam and all their servers, rendering all accounts and games useless. Nobody could login, which was specifically required to launch any game. Unless you were already in offline mode, you were not allowed to play any games for the next day.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/45062

Again, not related to your question, but fun to point out just how vulnerable people are with this style of service. I do enjoy digital distribution, just not the Steam variety. I enjoy Impulse, Gamersgate, and GoG, where I am not required to authenticate a game every time to play it, nor do I even need to log in to a third party client each time. With Steam, you are vulnerable to so many factors, including a simple power outage.

That is how digital distribution should be. I'll take my chances with these companies and so called cd-rot for retail, which I have yet to experience after nearly two decades of owning CDs.

Might I also suggest moving this thread to the PC section now for futher discussion? Either by an admin or someone can restart it there, as this sale is now void and does not need to be continually bumped to the top. It would be fun to discuss, but I imagine this thread has annoyed some other users by now.

[quote name='eastx']You don't win anything unless your goal was to aggravate everyone until we stopped wanting to talk to you.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='eastx']we all lose by reading his text. You must let it go.[/QUOTE]

Please do not try to keep him from "winning" the goal you ascribe to him. If he is among those with the "nutty conspiracy theories" you invited, then do us all a favor:

Please stop bumping this thread with numerous attacks and counters that apparently do not enlighten their intended target and merely annoy those who think any new information of substance has been added to a discussion about an "Impulse Weekend Sale."

The new weekend sale is likely only 2 1/2 days away. Let's give the thread a rest until then.

On topic: I picked up the Meridian 4 HackPack on IMPULSE to complement my Meridian 4 Complete Pack on STEAM and am experiencing no cognitive dissonance.

bread's done
Back