[In stock 10:53 AM PT 12/10] Xbox One Consoles In-Stock Now at Amazon

You answered your own question. Halo 4 is the 3rd best selling Halo game out of 8 titles. Their 8th game is their 3rd best selling. It was hyped by Microsoft as the beginning of a new trilogy with a fresh new story (not entirely true), and was preceded by myriad lackluster spinoffs and diversions.

Halo 4 being the 3rd best selling game in the franchise is no major feat. They released a new main-line Halo game after a pile of nicknacks. Of course it was going to sell relatively well in comparison. Sorry, but if Halo isn't a defining example of milking a franchise, I don't know what is.
I am still not sure why you think it is run into the ground. 8th game in the "series" and it sells 8+ million. Sony would kill for that.

I really feel bad getting baited into this but... Yeah honestly? Xbox One beats the PS4 right now... Seriously... there just are no exclusives out right now for the PS4 (Not counting downloadables).

I mean you have killzone, and knack (which pretty much disappointed a lot of people).

On the XB1 there is Ryse, Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, although Forza has its own issues regarding the damn micro transactions, however, dead rising 3 is just amazing, and honestly the kinect is actually something usable now.

The ps4 has it beat hardware spec wise, but all the exclusives are no longer exclusives. Seriously... KINGDOM HEARTS 3!!! I mean people bitch about how microsoft just "Buy exclusives"... Yes, yes they will, which is why I bought the XB1. I just can't justify a $400 killzone machine when killzone itself is rather meh.

Also... Titanfall, that is all :p

I really feel bad getting baited into this but... Yeah honestly? Xbox One beats the PS4 right now... Seriously... there just are no exclusives out right now for the PS4 (Not counting downloadables).
I mean you have killzone, and knack (which pretty much disappointed a lot of people).
On the XB1 there is Ryse, Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, although Forza has its own issues regarding the damn micro transactions, however, dead rising 3 is just amazing, and honestly the kinect is actually something usable now.

The ps4 has it beat hardware spec wise, but all the exclusives are no longer exclusives. Seriously... KINGDOM HEARTS 3!!! I mean people bitch about how microsoft just "Buy exclusives"... Yes, yes they will, which is why I bought the XB1. I just can't justify a $400 killzone machine when killzone itself is rather meh.
*sigh*

I think titanfall is going to disappoint a lot of people. It's an online only game which doesn't usually bode well for consoles. A lot of people said Bulletstorm was going to revolutionize the FPS and it never really went anywhere.

I would like to get an X1 maybe..I used to be a big MS fan until the summer. I'm very cautious of them right now.

Also, exclusives aren't great for either system. DR3 was designed for 360/ps3 you can tell. RYSE is a tech demo. F5 looks pretty but like you said, micro transactions.

KZ and Knack aren't anything to write home about either.

But I do like the fact that the ps4 can run 1080p without any struggle.

Because we know MS keeps their exclusive games... exclusive :rofl:

Good for them though. They need something after basically running their only two system sellers into the ground (Halo and Gears).
Yeah, I'm sure the next Halo and Gears games will flop just as bad as the X1 is destined to.

Has 1119,000 gamerscore and says MS fooled him once? When? Seems you are happy with the 360.
1119,000? I wish. I would've sold my account if that were the case. I was referring to the summer with Microsoft's original "plan" for the Xbox One. Yes, it changed. But I still have many bones to pick with Microsoft at the moment. Sold my 360 as well. Now I have a PS3 + PS4 + PS Vita and couldn't be more content.

You guys know Titanfall isn't an Xbox One exclusive, right? I'm just making sure we're all on the same page here.

Just wait. In the long-run, the PS4's gonna have infinitely more exclusives... Just like the PS3 had more than the 360. Sony has Santa Monica, Guerilla, Media Molecule, Naughty Dog, Insomniac (to an extent), Team Ico, etc. etc. You don't seem to realize the obvious. Microsoft tried to make their launch lineup as appealing as possible to hardcore gamers but then after a few years, they'll go after a different demographic a.k.a. little 10 year old Timmy, just like they did with the 360. At least you'll get more Kinect games!!! Meanwhile, I'll be playing Uncharted 4.

P.S. As several others have already pointed out, Titanfall is not an exclusive. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really a fanboy war?

Just buy one I you want one and don't if you don't. What's the point for discussion here? Who gives a crap!

Because nobody wants to be stuck with the console that is perceived to be the "inferior" one. It's a very natural response. If you're passionate about a particular hobby, you don't want to be using the second rate stuff. Everybody on this board I'd say is passionate about gaming so it's typical to want to defend your console of choice.

As for the fan argument about Halo/Gears. The latest entries have turned off a good core base of their respective franchises. They both copied more elements of CoD which was exactly the problem to purists. The point was that both games were NOT like Call of Duty which made them stand out but the gameplay now caters to the casual gamer which is intended to draw more players and generate sales than to satisfy core fans that were there since the beginning. Don't get me started on Gears. That game alone made me purchase an Xbox 360 and that series is a shell of itself to the point that I want to punch a kitten everytime somebody brings up that game.

Just wait. In the long-run, the PS4's gonna have infinitely more exclusives... Just like the PS3 had more than the 360. Sony has Santa Monica, Guerilla, Media Molecule, Naughty Dog, Insomniac (to an extent), Team Ico, etc. etc. You don't seem to realize the obvious. Microsoft tried to make their launch lineup as appealing as possible to hardcore gamers but then after a few years, they'll go after a different demographic a.k.a. little 10 year old Timmy, just like they did with the 360. At least you'll get more Kinect games!!! Meanwhile, I'll be playing Uncharted 4.
you will probably be playing uncharted 6 by then. LOL

Umm are you sure you want to stick to this?
Well tell me an online only game that's done great on consoles? Every CoD has a campaign despite people playing mostly online. Same goes for Battlefield, Halo, Gears, etc.

It's also rumored Gears might go multi platform. No reason for them not to. MS doesn't own Epic.

Because nobody wants to be stuck with the console that is perceived to be the "inferior" one. It's a very natural response. If you're passionate about a particular hobby, you don't want to be using the second rate stuff. Everybody on this board I'd say is passionate about gaming so it's typical to want to defend your console of choice.
Although there is a lot of truth in what you are saying both of these consoles are inferior to PCs. So, if you are an enthusiast then you should invest in a PC and pick up these consoles years down the road to play the exclusives which inevitably won't make it to PC.

No tax in MI. Yeah! Now maybe the scalpers on Craigslist will back off! Ha! I can't believe people ordered multiple to flip for hundreds over msrp....

But it is not coming to any Sony product though.
It is coming to PC though, and you won't need Windows 8 to play it, so Steam or Origin is going to be the delivery service. I would say that's enough to completely take Titanfall off the list. And we all know what happens when PC enters the console war. There will be blood.

Although there is a lot of truth in what you are saying both of these consoles are inferior to PCs. So, if you are an enthusiast then you should invest in a PC and pick up these consoles years down the road to play the exclusives which inevitably won't make it to PC.
Yeah but most people couldn't care less about PC's. Sure Steam is nice, but 99% of people do like the convenience of 'hey...I'll pay $400/500 and my console is good for the next 7-8 years. Literally anything I want to play on it, I can. I don't have to worry about drivers, mods, etc.'

But it is not coming to any Sony product though.
That's true but most people have an Xbox 360 in the US anyway. That said, I'm not a multiplayer guy so I couldn't give two shits about it. For those that are multiplayer gamers, I really don't see this as a sort of COD killer because it's sci-fi nature makes it more niche. Even MS's halo product....Halo 3 didn't sell as many during the entire life of the 360 as a COD annual release does in a single year.

Yeah but most people couldn't care less about PC's. Sure Steam is nice, but 99% of people do like the convenience of 'hey...I'll pay $400/500 and my console is good for the next 7-8 years. Literally anything I want to play on it, I can. I don't have to worry about drivers, mods, etc.'
Last I heard, Steam accounted for 10% of sales. But yeah your point is valid. Steam barely moves the needle.

That's nonsense. I've never had to worry about drivers or mods unless I wanted to make them an issue. It's a computer. Not a dog. It's not going to eat its own shit and look up at you with a smile on its face.

The only reason you have to even consider updating drivers once is if you buy a new game and want to get the most bang out of your graphics card. Otherwise turn off the anti-aliasing and you can run the majority of the new games at at PS4 quality or better with a $150 graphics card.

That's nonsense. I've never had to worry about drivers or mods unless I wanted to make them an issue. It's a computer. Not a dog. It's not going to eat its own shit and look up at you with a smile on its face.
This is nonsense, drivers must be installed for video cards. Most gamers (and people in general) know nothing of PC construction and buy off the shelf PC's. For them a "gaming PC" is ridiculously expensive.

Well tell me an online only game that's done great on consoles? Every CoD has a campaign despite people playing mostly online. Same goes for Battlefield, Halo, Gears, etc.

It's also rumored Gears might go multi platform. No reason for them not to. MS doesn't own Epic.
Yes because people are playing the campaign 2 year later on these games. Destiny is basically a online only game and everyone is drooling over it. If Titanfall has a great MP experience and it is maintained by Respawn with lots of updates the game will be fine.

This is nonsense, drivers must be installed for video cards. Most gamers (and people in general) know nothing of PC construction and buy off the shelf PC's. For them a "gaming PC" is ridiculously expensive.
What? Really? Your drivers are installed already if you're seeing this on a PC. Are you really suggesting gamers who can run Titanfall are too stupid to install a .exe file?

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

01. Click on link above.

02. Pick the video card series. The series is the FIRST number of your graphic card. The end.

03. Download.

04. Install.

05. Profit.

Signing up for CAG is more difficult.

What? Really? You're drivers are installed already if you're seeing this on a PC.
When I removed my old video card and replaced it, I had to remove the old drivers and install new ones. I also try to keep up (though often forget) with updates to them. PC gaming requires infinitely more maintenance than console gaming.

I'm glad I was reminded on this thread Titanfall has no single player mode it had slipped my mind. I was going to get it on 360 but now I'll pass.
Glad to help you. As I said, I'm a single player gamer or local multiplayer with friends and family. I don't care about Titanfall and I don't care about Destiny. As far as I'm concerned there no reason to get a console until there's a price drop or it's bundled with a good game (that's single player).

When I removed my old video card and replaced it, I had to remove the old drivers and install new ones. I also try to keep up (though often forget) with updates to them. PC gaming requires infinitely more maintenance than console gaming.

Glad to help you. As I said, I'm a single player gamer or local multiplayer with friends and family. I don't care about Titanfall and I don't care about Destiny. As far as I'm concerned there no reason to get a console until there's a price drop or it's bundled with a good game (that's single player).
Click "clean install" when installing. Done.

Or install GeForce Experience. Does it for you. Perhaps you're using AMD. Not sure about what experience they offer.

The only difference between PC and Consoles today is that when a game gets an update its to fix bugs. The game never performance gets any more optimized. On PC, driver updates are like firmware updates, the difference being that once the update finishes installing, your game will run much better. But you can run the game without those updates and it will still run. Updating is absolutely not required.

Only in the sense that it is not as streamlined as consoles. You have to do some of the legwork yourself, but in this day and age consoles are nothing more than mid tier PCs. They require system updates, hard drive upgrades and sometimes more effort than that if the update bricks your system. Plus you have to pay for online play and no mods.

P.S. I say all this yet I don't own a gaming PC because I enjoy playing my games on the couch.

I'm also a single player gamer but there are plenty of first person shooters that have a good single player campaigns (some only have single player no online) that I really enjoy. When you use that cop out "nobody cares about the single player so we removed it" just flat out lost a customer in me.

Only in the sense that it is not as streamlined as consoles. You have to do some of the legwork yourself, but in this day and age consoles are nothing more than mid tier PCs. They require system updates, hard drive upgrades and sometimes more effort than that if the update bricks your system. Plus you have to pay for online play and no mods.
I agree fully, but you don't have to do anything. You just sit on your ass and hit the button that says you agree to the update which is why it's "infinitely" more maintenance. Consoles ask nothing of you other than agreeing to their TOS and not powering it down during the update - the former requires only a single button press and the latter requires you to do literally nothing.

I'm also a single player gamer but there are plenty of first person shooters that have a good single player campaigns (some only have single player no online) that I really enjoy. When you use that cop out "nobody cares about the single player so we removed it" just flat out lost a customer in me.
Yup, look at the Metro games, Bioshocks, Gears is a 3rd person shooter that's good, and there's plenty of others.

P.S. I say all this yet I don't own a gaming PC because I enjoy playing my games on the couch.
All AAA PC platform versions of console games will work with a 360 controller. This includes the user interface switching over to showcase the 360 button layout.

As I said, I'm a single player gamer or local multiplayer with friends and family. I don't care about Titanfall and I don't care about Destiny. As far as I'm concerned there no reason to get a console until there's a price drop or it's bundled with a good game (that's single player).
I was under the impression that Titanfall and Destiny were going to be "seemly multiplayer narrative-driven experiences", kind of like an instanced MMO. Don't know if that changes things for you or not.

On the topic of bundles: SuckerPunch unofficially announced the Infamous: Second Son PS4 bundle. It's the first sighting of a manufacturer-branded bundle for either console, and the Infamous games have all been very solid if you're into sandbox superheroism.

It'll probably release alongside the game on March 21st, 2014.

All AAA PC platform versions of console games will work with a 360 controller. This includes the user interface switching over to showcase the 360 button layout.
Oh I'm well aware. I even play a bunch of games on my macbook pro that way. I definitely need to build a PC but I simply do not have the time right now. Maybe next year.

This console has been for sale 2 1/2 hours and is still available. PS4 sold out in 27 minutes. I don't know how many units they had of each but can't tell me the extra $100 doesn't make a difference. It's common sense.

This console has been for sale 2 1/2 hours and is still available. PS4 sold out in 27 minutes. I don't know how many units they had of each but can't tell me the extra $100 doesn't make a difference. It's common sense.
That's not really a good way to gauge demand...I think they'll both sell out. We have no idea how many of each console Amazon was resupplied with.

So do I and I built my PC which is a dedicated Steam box and I have built in Wifi, a wireless keyboard and I game with a wireless 360 controller on my HDTV. It's not that hard to duplicate a console environment.

Yup, the average consumer is going to see the price difference and lean towards the cheaper console. This is one of the main reasons why the X360 had a sales lead over PS3 last gen.

P.S. As several others have already pointed out, Titanfall is not an exclusive. :p
Here's the thing hardcore gamers forget. Xbone targets hardcore casuals.

They'll buy one game. Play it. And then their system will collect dust other than when they're using it for Netflix. It doesn't matter how many exclusives the PS4 is going to have. They don't care about exclusives. The only care about one game: Titanfall. When they have it, they won't play anything else. This is how the WoW or CoD crowd operates and places them firmly in the camp as other casuals who only play Angry Birds or Candy Crush.

I can tell you the amazon page was getting hammered . Had to reload it a few times to get it to load properly. I'm pretty sure this was a huge shipment. This was amazons first big restock. They even updated the title by removing launch edition.

bread's done
Back