(IN STOCK) DS Lite (All Colors) for $199.90

binbinzhou

CAGiversary!
Update: All colors are available now!

Crystal White:
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2cki-71-9h-77-4-49-en-15-DS+Lite-84-j-70-17a2.html

Ice Blue:
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2cki-71-9h-77-4-49-en-15-DS+Lite-84-j-70-18um.html

Enamel Navy:
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2cki-71-9h-49-en-84-j-70-18un.html

Shipping is around $20 to US, but there are all kinds of coupons active for play-asia.com. For example, there is a $5 coupon for purchase over $40 w/paypal, and $5 for any purchase over $50.

Playasia is very trustworthy, and they ship super fast! Not a bad deal since US launch of DS lite is not yet announced!

Mine just got shipped although even with 2nd day... it says that i won't be getting it till Tuesday. Im actually excited though. I might pick up a few more games. I have to basically rebuild my collection. Should be cool though.

I ordered mine Tuesday and its out for delivery to my house today (Saturday)! I was also skeptical about a May release in the US - if you look at the packaging for Big Brain Academy, due in mid-May, it features a picture of the fat DS on the cover - granted that's not the best evidence, but you'd think a DS lite picture would be on the cover if they were coming out at the same time. Even if the lite does come out here in May, we'll probably get just one color to start and it won't be my Enamel Navy.

[quote name='Alpha2']I dont see there being any difference in an american launch, maybe we might get a couple of different colors... or we might just get ONE color for like 6 months.

The Navy blue is the closest to black we'll probably see for the next YEAR. it look's classy and less toylike, it'd make a person proud to whip out in public.[/QUOTE]

If Nintendo did black for this I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Hey quick question, where are the PlayAsia coupons? I'm definatly going to be getting a DS Lite and I saw in the initial post that there were coupons to use. Thanks in advance.

hmmm 199. Maybe I shouldnt sell my DS lite then, seems to only be fetching that much on ebay.... Still hvent opened it yet tho

I read in Gamer magazine that they're retailing for $139 US in JP anyway. It's only the shortage and high demand that's allowing them to be sold by 'reseller' shops in Japan for $179 - $200 US.

Handheld consoles are cheaper in Japan. The PSP system only sells for $169 USD in Japan, but they are priced at $199.99 in US. The original DS was also cheaper in Japan. If DS Lite is selling for $139 in Japan, it will most likely be $149.99 in US. But handheld games are much cheaper in US than Japan and Europe. MSRP for a regular GBA game is $29.99 in the US, but $50 in Japan, and even more in Europe.

Did not know that.. good point though. What's more amazing to me now is that Play-Asia sometimes has DS and PSP games for $5-$15 on import. That's a huge clearance if they start out so high.

Actually DS lite is around 130+ Before tax.......... After tax it's more around 140ish. How do I know =p? I bought one Duty free and bought one with tax.

[quote name='Zoglog']Actually DS lite is around 130+ Before tax.......... After tax it's more around 140ish. How do I know =p? I bought one Duty free and bought one with tax.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, my friend is in Japan right now. Do they actually sell these at the duty free shops at the airport?

[quote name='tianlian']Question in regards to that, what language will the menu be in? I'm just weary of purchasing Japanese intended items and finding out that I can't read any of the home menus and whatnot~[/QUOTE]

Play with the config menus, you can change the system setting into English.

[quote name='OGHowie']Hmm, my friend is in Japan right now. Do they actually sell these at the duty free shops at the airport?[/QUOTE]

No.

If you have your American passport with you at a retailer, they don't charge you sales tax, though (5% national sales tax in JP). With sales tax (I was too lazy to carry my passport everywhere) it's $142.02 at current exchange rates.

Also, not all retailers offer Duty Free. Only Some. They usually advertise it somewhere in their store. The place where he bought the second one (w/tax) would only accept cash too. It was a small store in Akihabara. The first place w/o tax was a big electronics chain store, Sakuraya.

Tempting to get it now that white is available, but I can wait a month for the U.S. release in case they wind up giving you something extra. If they wind up pushing it back though I'll probably get one.

want so bad...can't play till the semester's over anyway, and by that time, the Lite will be just around the corner

Have they announced a date for its release? I keep on reading that it will come out when New Mario Bros DS does. Any truth on this?

May 9th seems to be the rumored date of Nintendo's offical announcement. I think some retailer are starting to take pre-orders for DS Lite, but $50 is required for all pre-orders.

[quote name='binbinzhou']Question in regards to that, what language will the menu be in? I'm just weary of purchasing Japanese intended items and finding out that I can't read any of the home menus and whatnot~[/QUOTE]
My DS was imported by my wonderful little brother for me. It's the awesome candy pink with the white base & buttons, and was only available in Japan. (the mystic pink that was available in Australia is the same that came over here for the Nintendogs special bundle: it has a dark grey base and buttons.)

Anyway, what you can expect when you first start up the DS (lite) will be Japanese text (warning screen I believe it was) you touch the screen and go past it. It's extremely easy to switch operating language to english, as that will be your very first option. I strongly suggest you touch the language you actually are able to read. In this case: English.

Viola! Everything is in English now. If you can't understand the system at this point, you have more serious problems. =P

bread's done
Back