(In-store only)$15 Giftcard w/Pur of Dark Souls 2, $1.75 soda(Coke products) & a $5 Pack Perky Jerky @ BestBuy

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
IN-STORE ONLY
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/dark-souls-ii-offer-119716

The CE should stack with this if scanned my guess is since it`s sold out online that`s why it`s not showing. You can always make a post of the forums one of the mods there can make it right.

Not sure how much Perky Jerky cost but I`d guess $5ish & soda`s are close to $2 I think never bought food from BB except candy as a filler to meet a spending requirement.

Last edited by a moderator:
IN-STORE ONLY
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/dark-souls-ii-offer-119716

Not sure how much Perky Jerky cost but I`d guess $5ish & soda`s are close to $2 I think never bought food from BB except candy as a filler to meet a spending requirement.
What kind of Best Buy do you shop at? Of the 3 stores near me, one has a small little fridge where they keep Coke products and that's it. No food at all. The other 2 stores don't have anything edible at all.

I didn't even know Best Buys sold food.....

Last edited:
What kind of Best Buy do you shop at? Of the 3 stores near me, one has a small little fridge where they keep Coke products and that's it. No food at all. The other 2 stores don't have anything edible at all.

All stores around me carry snack food (small bags of chips, candy etc). I went in this morning for some 100% boost TiV and saw them stocking perky jerky and thought nothing of it until I saw this posted here.

Finally there is a product for when I'm feeling a little sleepy, but I could also go for some cured meat. Thanks Perky Jerky!

Well I have to return & rebuy anyway because I ordered the CE online when I didn't have any credit but I've since worked up enough credit to pay for it in full.  I didn't want to cancel my order because I was Elite + at the time I placed it and now I'm just Elite so it would have downgraded my shipping.  So I spoke with one of the managers that I'm friends with & made sure I could just return & rebuy.  

May as well see if I can score the gift card while I'm at it.  ;)  

it is most likely located at the checkout line area

So I just went to best buy to pick up a couple of blu-rays I bought using in-store pickup. I wasn't paying attention to what the CSR was doing as I was busy talking to the gaming reps. I just got into my car and looked over my stuff and noticed my pre-order for Dark Souls II Black armor Edition in the bag. Guess I don't have to come back for the midnight launch of titanfall to pick it up anymore, downside is that I didn't get to try the jerky + coke thing for the extra $15.

image.jpg

Perky Jerky is usually $6 or more in grocery stores. Sodas in BB are usually 1.75

So, what you get to save for about 7 bucks by getting gift card?

Almost not worth it.

Perky Jerky is usually $6 or more in grocery stores. Sodas in BB are usually 1.75

So, what you get to save for about 7 bucks by getting gift card?

Almost not worth it.
So free money for something most of us in this thread are buying anyway isn't worth it? Whatever size they sell at BBY is indeed $5, saw it myself today.

I absolutely love Best Buy... So I got my game early but the inner CAG in me was slowly dying knowing that there was an offer for a $15 gift card out there for buying the game with those food products. So I called up my Best Buy and asked if there was anyway I could take advantage of this offer without having to return/rebuy the game so I don't lose my pre-order RewardZone points. The manager ended up talking to me on the phone, and after giving her my order number over the phone she gave me $8 back on my Dark Souls II order. She said that was what I would have gotten on my giftcard if I did a return/rebuy, plus I wouldn't have to come to the store and buy the food products.

I love Penrose pickled sausages. Big Mama's and Tijuana Mama's. I also love the Jack Link's Sasquatch meat sticks. Those things are huge.

Sadly I think Dark Souls 2 will be easier then 1. It's being hyped a lot in main stream and that worries me that they will cater it more to the casual.

Oh well. Will grab day 1 for $40 and some poison for my body ($48-$15+$7= $40, or something like that). If I don't like then I'll trade back in.

Just not too happy it comes out the same day as TitanFall as my attention will probably go to TF since it was a system seller for me.
i thought Dark Souls was gonna be easier than Demon Souls, since it was multi-platform and marketed a lot more

I absolutely love Best Buy... So I got my game early but the inner CAG in me was slowly dying knowing that there was an offer for a $15 gift card out there for buying the game with those food products. So I called up my Best Buy and asked if there was anyway I could take advantage of this offer without having to return/rebuy the game so I don't lose my pre-order RewardZone points. The manager ended up talking to me on the phone, and after giving her my order number over the phone she gave me $8 back on my Dark Souls II order. She said that was what I would have gotten on my giftcard if I did a return/rebuy, plus I wouldn't have to come to the store and buy the food products.
What pre-order reward points, I thought DS2 wasn't on the list.

Sadly I think Dark Souls 2 will be easier then 1. It's being hyped a lot in main stream and that worries me that they will cater it more to the casual.

Oh well. Will grab day 1 for $40 and some poison for my body ($48-$15+$7= $40, or something like that). If I don't like then I'll trade back in.

Just not too happy it comes out the same day as TitanFall as my attention will probably go to TF since it was a system seller for me.
Actually everyone who was invited to play the final build (some youtubers and people from twitch.tv) have said it's turning out to be quite a bit harder than dark souls. But that's just opinion, we'll soon find out if that's actually the case.

Does it have to be Coke..or a Coke product? I personally drink Coke Zero myself. Going to pickup my copy today from my online preorder, but my buddy wants me to pick him up a 360 copy, so i guess ill just buy the stuff on that transaction and do the gift card deal. Not too bad!

Does it have to be Coke..or a Coke product? I personally drink Coke Zero myself. Going to pickup my copy today from my online preorder, but my buddy wants me to pick him up a 360 copy, so i guess ill just buy the stuff on that transaction and do the gift card deal. Not too bad!
If they have Coke Zero your good to go. The drink just has to be a Coke product. I grabbed a Dr. Pepper and the Perky Jerky and required no override. This works with the CE also.

If they have Coke Zero your good to go. The drink just has to be a Coke product. I grabbed a Dr. Pepper and the Perky Jerky and required no override. This works with the CE also.
Were you picking up an online order or did you make the purchase there?

Were you picking up an online order or did you make the purchase there?
I picked up my online order that was fully paid off. Then they cancelled it and I bought all items in 1 transaction so I'd get the $15 GC.

I can't believe the posts about this so called deal. What people will do for a few extra not even dollars lol. Fuucking sad.

[quote name="dorkyden" post="11600268" timestamp="1394543279"]
what's wrong with saving a few bucks if you are going to get the game anyway? not to mention this is CAG, not PayingMSRPGamer

you aren't saving any money at all you're spending $8 more.

what's wrong with saving a few bucks if you are going to get the game anyway? not to mention this is CAG, not PayingMSRPGamer

it's owned by coca-cola company
no, its actually not, its owned by dr pepper/7 up and marketed with pepsi. it has no affiliation whatsoever with coca cola

that is why coke markets "mr pibb" the dr pepper knock off

I can't believe the posts about this so called deal. What people will do for a few extra not even dollars lol. Fuucking sad.
I can't believe be the idiots that post in here and give a shit about doing this. I guess me grabbing a bag of jerky and a coke (2 minutes to get max) to save $8 on the game (factoring that AFTER jerky/coke is paid off for $7) is a problem to you.

I guess saving 13.3% off MSRP and 16.7% off GCU for doing virtually nothing is "wrong". Go back over to slick deals so you can exploit some errors to their limit. I'll be here playing my DS2 and eating/drinking some poison with my $15 GC in hand.

you aren't saving any money at all you're spending $8 more.
If you're paying with store credit - as I imagine most of us are - then you aren't spending anything. Sorry you're too lazy to walk a few feet & pickup 2 items to make $8 credit tho.

As a heads up for those that haven't gone yet. My store (Tuttle Crossing in Columbus, OH) had the turkey variant of perky jerky on clearance for $2.99.

it's only a couple bucks but every little bit helps.

Wasn't planning on picking up DS2 this early because of Titanfall, but hey a day 1 game w/ steelbook for $38 clinched it for me

Oh and they jerky wasn't bad. Decent taste and is one of the softer jerky I have had.

What an insulting promo. Reminds me of the mountain dew halo ads. This isn't the same era where gamers eat nothing but junk and soda ala cartman playing Warcraft. We're adults now, with deteriorating health to maintain.

When am I gonna get my "...get $15 gift card after purchase of Dark Souls 2 and baby formula or bag of chopped vegetables" lol

As a heads up for those that haven't gone yet. My store (Tuttle Crossing in Columbus, OH) had the turkey variant of perky jerky on clearance for $2.99.

it's only a couple bucks but every little bit helps.

Wasn't planning on picking up DS2 this early because of Titanfall, but hey a day 1 game w/ steelbook for $38 clinched it for me

Oh and they jerky wasn't bad. Decent taste and is one of the softer jerky I have had.
did you consume it, after your dark souls II workout?

What an insulting promo. Reminds me of the mountain dew halo ads. This isn't the same era where gamers eat nothing but junk and soda ala cartman playing Warcraft. We're adults now, with deteriorating health to maintain.

When am I gonna get my "...get $15 gift card after purchase of Dark Souls 2 and baby formula or bag of chopped vegetables" lol
Lord Hamm?

Does this work if you pre-ordered, but didn't fully pay the game, or Will I have to cancel the pre-order then purchase the game, perky jerky, and coke together in a separate order?

Does this work if you pre-ordered, but didn't fully pay the game, or Will I have to cancel the pre-order then purchase the game, perky jerky, and coke together in a separate order?
Just buy the perky jerky and coke when you bring up the preorder slip. Make sure they add them to the same receipt and it auto rings up the GC offer.

Not sure if this is a GC offer (free or paid) or just a promo. But I assume since you preordered you have the preorder linked to a GC account (free or paid)

I did an instore $5 down preorder, and just took the jerky up to the customer service. I checked the jerky before I got it, It doesn't have caffine added like i thought the name was alluding to, no perservatives or fishy ingredients so it should be a decent protein snack. I also didn't want the coke, so I just asked them to try it with Unsweetened "Honest tea" and that rings up as a coke product so it worked. 

So

Game(pre-order edition) + Snack + drink + $15 gift card + 0(heart disease) + tax = 70.37

I'm happy with that. 

I did an instore $5 down preorder, and just took the jerky up to the customer service. I checked the jerky before I got it, It doesn't have caffine added like i thought the name was alluding to, no perservatives or fishy ingredients so it should be a decent protein snack. I also didn't want the coke, so I just asked them to try it with Unsweetened "Honest tea" and that rings up as a coke product so it worked.

So

Game(pre-order edition) + Snack + drink + 0(heart disease) + tax = 70.37

I'm happy with that.
It's guarana and not caffeine, I was mistaken.

I didn't know best buy had to punch the beef jerky into your mouth and make you shotgun the coke while screaming "CHUG CHUG CHUG". Must have missed that in the fine print.
dude, it was a joke. Calmate, por favor. My god, kid.

Teriyaki perky jerky on clearance for $3.49 at my store plus a $1.79 for coke. How can anyone say that $5.28 for a $15 gift card is a bad deal? Also just to give anyone interested a heads up the collectors edition guide will not ring up in store. Says invalid SKU. I was able to get one for $17 because I had my 50% of any strategy guide coupon from the GCU welcome package, but it took several workarounds.

So

Game(pre-order edition) + Snack + drink + $15 gift card + 0(heart disease) + tax = 70.37

I'm happy with that.
GCU would take $12 off that too no? Still too expensive for me though. Will wait for sub $20 when all the servers go down, LOL.

What pre-order reward points, I thought DS2 wasn't on the list.
Idk I never checked the list, I just asked in store two days ago and the gaming rep said it does come with a $10 Reward Certificate. If it's not on the list, wouldn't be the first time someone gave me wrong information. I had one gaming rep tell me yesterday that the renewal of GCU doesn't start until my current one expires, while 5 minutes later another guy that came by said that it takes effect immediately. Then the two went into a heavily debated discussion and at the end I walked away more confused than prior to the question.

Even if it doesn't come with the points, at least I got $8 off.

ya'll arguing about the deal are so dumb.  i'm flipping my coca cola drink and perky jerky on eBay to make another cool $3.  So I actually come out $11 ahead instead of $8.  SUCK IT

bread's done
Back