In this thread we identify words/phrases we use way too much.

wubb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
What are some words/phrases/whatever you use way too much in your writing on CAG?

For me it'd be

'Personally'
'/'

I sometimes find myself reading over a post just before or after I submit it and find half the sentences start with 'Personally,'

It's not a word or phrase but I overuse " ...... " entirely to much

For some reason ... I cant stop doing it. And it's spilled over into my work emails. So I should probably get a tighter leash on that.

By the way Wubb, no more "In/Outs" or match games?

[quote name='Maklershed']
By the way Wubb, no more "In/Outs" or match games?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I could probably try to do another sheep (match game) here at some point. Of course anyone that wants to try running one for them self is welcome to it and can give the little program I created to score them a try if they want.

I don't know about on here, but I definitely say...

"I don't know"
"I found that funny"
"Cool

Too much in real life.

I've been told I use "like" a lot.
In the free mags thread, I use "in a while", like whenever someone asks about a certain magazine.

Isn't there some sort of program that could tell us what each of our most used words are? Of course, "the", "a", "an", "monkey", etc. would be near the top, but it would be interesting to see. For a few minutes, anyway.

I have no idea what my most used word is. There was a time when it was probably "update" or something of that sort.

[quote name='Strell']"Strell is awesome" or the more popular "Strell is fucking awesome."

I just can't get people to stop saying that.[/QUOTE]
:lol:
Strell is like awesome!

"I dunno"
"If I remember correctly"

because I have a bad memory and I'm picky about remembering everything correctly!

people said that i say "that's what she said" and "so is your face" too much. so i try not to do it any more. when people are around.

[quote name='Roufuss']Use this instead -

IBTN.

I Believe This News.[/QUOTE]

Looks like umm, In Before The News?...

It's not used except in reviews pretty much, but I hate it when I read or hear "worth the price of admission". Stupid phrase!

"Good times"
"Not good times"
"We who are about to die, salute you"
"One last run old man"
"Highlander don't like coke"
"fuck this noise"
"Oh yes, there will be (blank)"

And curses in general.

I happen to live in New Hampshire (imported from Iowa) and all of the idiots that live here say "wicked" all the time.

Its really fucking annoying. Its wicked cold. That game is wicked hard. The Patriots suck wicked bad. The Red Sox are wicked annoying.

My personal favorite....the rubbish smells wicked bad. The first time I heard someone say that, I was thinking to myself "what the fuck was that?"

One girl who sits near me at work is the prime offender with regard to overuse of the word wicked, but she's really (see I didn't have to use wicked here) nice so I let it slide. Everyone else, needs to learn a new fucking word.

TBW

PS I say fuck too much. And "That's no bueno".

"Tremendous!"
"the bee's knees"
"Well...ain't that some shit?"

Also, I overuse ellipses to the point of madness. I guess I'm a fan of ambiguity. Or maybe I just can't be bothered to finish my own thoughts. Whatever!

Hmmmm...

Well, those are my two biggest offenders: "Hmmmm" and the ellipses.

A close third would probably be "WHy do I always forget Deadofknight is female?" - but I probably don't type that as often as I think it. I swear, I don't know why it is only with her, but I turn into the cat from Memento whenever she says something that refers to her gender.

"fair enough..."

I also have noticed that I can stop using "..." all the time. In emails, at work, text messages...all over the place.

Online: Fool and meh
In real life: I used to say dude a lot, not so much anymore, and now I just cuss quietly to myself where before I wouldn't say any kind of swear word.

bread's done
Back