Indiana Deals Thread

I'll head back and take a gander since it's just down the road from me and really would like to see what they have on the Clearance end of things out here. Curious is there a place like Disc Replay or is there one out here? We had a few of them in NWI and i'm itching for some old gaming goodness and some good deals on some last gen games. Thanks for the insight maybe this thread will pick up after tax season gets into full swing lol.
We have I think 4 Disc Replays, but I'm not gonna tell you where they are becuase you might steal my Saturn Games, haha.

So there is one by Castleton Square, across from the Best Buy.
One on Rockville Road and Country Club, in the Kroger parking lot.

One close to Greenwood, in the Walmart shopping Center just south of Southport Road

And the last one is on 86th or 82nd and Michigan Rd I think. It's in a Walmart strip as well.

I don't buy Saturn games...are their prices good?  Only bargains I have seen at Disc Replay are the occasional NES games that are complete for $2-3.

I don't buy Saturn games...are their prices good? Only bargains I have seen at Disc Replay are the occasional NES games that are complete for $2-3.
Not really any bargains to be had in there. Most stuff is online priced or over priced.

Not really any bargains to be had in there. Most stuff is online priced or over priced.
On rare occasions, obscure stuff like random Genesis games can be bought cheaper than usual because the kids working there don't know the difference. I got Sid Meier's Pirates cheap because it was priced as another game called Pirates of Dark Water.

Picked up an Xbox One at Meijer today in West Lafayette during the Store's grand opening.  mPerks has a 15% off a single electronics item, and 10% off general merchandise.  If you open a new credit card, you get 10% off your entire purchase, plus another 10% off as a bonus during this week.

Those all stack, but are applied one at a time, which works out to 38% off.  You can also get an extra controller for $10 off with purchase of a console, and then get 10%+10%+10% off of that (so, $36.45 for a new controller).

It does require opening a new credit card, but that extra 19% amounts to an extra $80 off, which I felt was worth it.  I got the $500 version with Kinect, and it includes Forza 5.

I don't buy Saturn games...are their prices good? Only bargains I have seen at Disc Replay are the occasional NES games that are complete for $2-3.
If it's like the Fort Wayne Store the prices are all a good 10-20% less than ebay, but resellers come in when they open and clean them out.

Well, a couple years later and Disc Replay has bargains on vintage games that I see.  It's a good place to find the occasional $2-3 complete DS game as they don't throw away the cases like Gamestop does.

Also, I was in there yesterday (the Greenwood location), and they had a used Wii Superchargers bundle with Bowser, vehicle, and another character for $15.  The Wii U bundle had Donkey Kong and was $24.

Their Skylanders bundles tend to be really cheap.  I bought my daughter the 3DS skylander games and 3 figures each for under $10, when they were charging more than that when you bought just the figure separately without the game and portal.

Ah...  this old thread.

In the past few years, I've switched almost entirely to digital purchases.  My son and I play Skylanders and Infinity, so those are good to see on the cheap, but otherwise used video games stores just don't have anything for me anymore.

I used to pick up a bunch of games when they were ~$10 figuring it was the cheapest they'd ever get, but then XBL Games with Gold made a bunch of games free, and XBL Deals with Gold sees a ton of games available at low prices.  Plus my physical game collection was getting a bit out of control.  I'm not a PC or Playstation gamer, but if I were Humble Bundle and PSN+ has similar ways to get a ton of very low cost games (not counting the periodic steam sales that also see some pretty massive discounts).

The only downside is that the discounts aren't as steep on Black Friday as they are for the newly released games, but I perpetually have such a huge backlog that I never feel the need to pick up the latest and greatest releases.

If anyone is looking for a Virtual Boy with most of the catalog (and boxes), a boxed Japanese SNES jr., a boxed 32x or a model 2 Sega CD, get yourself to the Broad Ripple Exchange. No idea on prices, but seeing a near complete VB collection just sitting there was wild.

bread's done
Back